1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

NGT48 Assault Case

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by Cisalpine88, Jan 9, 2019.

1. kirri

kirri Kenkyuusei

I just want to say that I completely agree with everything you just said.

RKJ is whatever to me, members can date all they want as long as they are professional at their work. However, bringing men to their apartments which is essentially a dorm compromises other members' safety. If they want to have a party with their boyfriends and/or have a sleepover just do it at the guys' place.

Moving dorms is totally a non-solution. The stalkers would probably find it in 10 seconds flat, especially if the dating members still fraternize with them.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Qas

Qas Kenkyuusei

This is how they pacify the public anger:

- Release statement saying they believe Maho and that she is not delusional. That they are working with her instead of against her. Make it believable.
    - Terminate contracts or demote/remove from schedules members that they know engaged in endangerment or information leakage, or bullying. They don't have to list out why for everyone just drop them at once and say that's that. They aren't the law and are not responsible for crimes that they don't know about.
    - Promise all the usual things with better safety standards and procedures.

Really the sticking point is no one believes that they are not against Maho.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. ysa73

ysa73 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Rissen Airi
    what management has done far is more or less like taking pain killers to try to ease off the pain caused by cancer, but not really getting rid of the cancer itself. well they put imamura somewhere else, one vile source quarantined, i guess?

• Like Like x 8
    • Creative Creative x 2
  4. ethereallimbo

ethereallimbo Kenkyuusei

"I don't think it's necessary to have a love ban rule." - 125 out of 338 girls said yes. AKB48 Kinkyuu Kaigi aired 19 July, 2018.

Maho's face while the counter is turning, haha. Ironic considering the current situation.

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Informative Informative x 7
  5. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    This ......
    I even don't really care if the allegations about selling sexual favours are true (although if I was in AKB management that would be grounds for immediate dismissal and probably criminal charges) and I don't really care about members dating as well

but doxing members, allowing access to events to people who are banned by all other sub groups (most likely in exchange for money) and thereby endangering members, internal bullying ... they really need to put a stop to that

• Agree Agree x 9
  6. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

There was further rumours on the latest version of that connections diagram about allegations of links between Imamura and Inapooh and being given supplies of CDs to sell and giving backhanders to Imamura. I haven't seen what evidence there is for that allegation, it may be just local knowledge from the fan community.

Well there is also an issue of "dating" guys who buy lots of ssk votes, these votes then artificially increase the rank of those members and lead to them getting more and better jobs both inside and outside NGT.

That is giving an advantage to girls who break the idol rules over "diligent girls", something that Tano alluded to in an NGT photolog after Maho's attack.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase

What Miku said there is indeed wonderful. However, she should be more careful, cz she might get bullied by 1 of those 33 girls who wants to involve in a scandal in order to become more famous.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Old Old x 1
  8. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I think the rules became a lot less strict after, I would say, 2013. Akimoto Sayaka got demoted as Team K captain despite the dating rumours seemingly not being true and she was super popular. Masuda Yuka was an Undergirl and really popular as well and left due to a scandal. Miichan also begged for people to let her stay in the group in her infamous apology video. Hirajima Natsumi and Yonezawa Rumi were possibly not that popular or important at the time of their scandal, but they were also made to graduate. Kikuchi Ayaka was even fired because of a scandal (they didn't even call it graduation). Any scandals that kinda happened after 2013/14 were just ignored, sort of with the mentality "well what are you gonna do with so many girls?"

And I think it changed because of Sasshi. Natsumi and Rumi's SSK rankings dropped significantly (26 to 62; 34 to Not Ranked) and I remember how much everyone cried when Miichan's name was called in SSK after her scandal happened. Sasshi went from #4 to #1 in the year after her scandal. Management probably saw, okay, maybe the fans aren't that upset with dating scandals anymore and we can just let it sort of slide from now on.

On a completely different note, I was wondering whether one of Tano Yuka's instagram posts is related to Mahohon's story; at least from what I got from what Google Translate gave me. If anyone speaking better Japanese than me thinks differently, please let me know

やっぱりぜんぜん大丈夫じゃなかったけど切り替えとかすごい想像以上につらいものだったけどたぶん迷惑かかるから仕事ちゃんとやりなさいって言われるから
    あーそうだ。次の日見た夢でわたしの部屋になぜかいていつまで寝てんのよ〜なんかいって玄関のほういったから朝起きれたんだよなぁ
    まわりの友達に舞台のこととかあんな言ってたの照れくさかったわ
    てかもうわたしの仕事してるとこ全部みれるじゃんやったねがんばんなきゃな
    あたりまえだけどいつもつけてた腕時計はうごいてるの今は変な感じだよ〜

Although it didn't feel right and it was harder than switching (?), you're told to do your job properly
    That's the way it is. The day after, I dreamed I was sleeping in my room for some reason and as I stood in the entrance about to say something, I woke up
    I was shy about telling my friends who are on stage with me about it
    You know I can see all of this when I'm working on something. I guess I should do my best
    Although it's obvious, a worn wrist still has to move (?). Now I'm feeling strange~

I didn't expect her to say anything as she probably doesn't know Maho but because someone found out she was a victim of Inapooh's stalking, I was wondering if it's related. Maybe she's just nervous about something else, but that's what I was wondering.

• Like x 5
    • Agree x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
  9. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    How old is Inapooh ? He looks older than the other two guys.

10. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I'm not sure if I read this correctly ... I understood it to mean you thought Sasshii's punishment was harder? You are aware that al lot of wota were genuinely peeved/pissed off because they thought Sasshii (and Miichan) got off too lightly because their oshimen were forced to graduate earlier, and that that sentiment still lingers with a part of the fans.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

The thing is, Sasshi and Miichan atoned for their indiscretions. Sasshi did a buttload of work for HKT and Miichan worked her ass off for Team 4 so I think most people were ok with the punishments they accepted.

Perhaps discussions on the wider implications RKJ should be kept to the RKJ thread in the general AKB forum.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    A reminder:

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Well, on one hand I will stick to the reminder that @sscrla reposted, with the understanding that the "Love Ban" conversation is relevant to the overall conversation. At the same time, this is the Mahohon thread, and a lot of the conversation here has been walking a fine line of whether it is relevant to the thread topic. I will just say this, be mindful that your posts here relate to Mahohon, or directly to the incident.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. Qas

Qas Kenkyuusei

It is disturbing to me that some people seem to think what has allegedly happened in NGT is some inevitable consequence of dating. They supposedly had what amounts to a gang just hanging around their dorm harassing them and alternating between being friendly and attempting to get compromising photos for blackmail, and this came out because they attacked Maho physically and management was inept and/or hamstrung. What's wrong with this situation isn't that they were dating. It's that they were endangering all other members by bringing their thugs into close contact with them. It's that management was wildly off the mark in doing what they needed to before during and after the assault. What happened wasn't even a typical domestic dispute or anything related to what dating is, Maho didn't want anything to do with these guys and essentially they physically attacked her for it.

Love ban existing in NGT or not this shit was so wildly out of line in what is acceptable that if management knew any of that was going they are to be condemned for not creating a safe work environment.

• Agree Agree x 17
    • Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    The crutch of the matter is not really that the girls were dating or not... it is the fact that they allowed outsiders into their communal living space without everyone’s consent and approval and as a result someone legitimately got endangered. Had these girls been meeting somewhere else and got caught by Bunshun this could have been another “let girls live JFC” situation and we would be defending these same girls for their right to happiness and go all SASHIHARA RINO DIED FOR YOUR SINS (and resurrected on the dawn of the third day, namely HKT), but RKJ is not the main issue here... the problem is that Mahohon was manhandled by strangers and psychologically traumatized because some people were not supposed to be there and management is protecting those who endangered her because it would look bad if they admitted they outright ignored Mahohon’s concerns when she told them. The guilty party is basically the pinnacle of “Meiwaku”.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 13
  16. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

And in the end is a matter of management being too lenient on these girls.

We've heard the rumours of bullying for a while, and now it seems as if a clique of members were trying to test where the boundaries were and crossing them every time management looked the other way.

Them feeling confident and cocky enough to bring guys into their living space is a direct consequence of them knowing there would be no repercussions.

I'm still of the opinion they should be fired and blacklisted from the entertainment industry.
    Surely those two/three/four girls aren't more important than the list of sponsors pulling out.

• Agree x 10
    • Like x 3
    • Dislike x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  17. ET920

ET920 Member

Geez, that's a pretty wide range, from removing from schedule to demoting to even kicking out members. I can see one or two getting suspended (after all Miruki was suspended for a single), but right now I think there are way too many eyes watching NGT48 to do it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Nealy07

Nealy07 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    They knew exactly what kind of men they were and why they dated and needed them.

For love ? [hehe]
    Money and reputation.

They are b*tches. Point. Next.

Why are they still getting paid ?

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    To be honest ... if the alleged bullying, harassment etc. is true ... they should be kicked out no matter if people are watching NGT right now .... that will send a clear message that these kind of shenanigans will not be tolerated.
    And I'll be extra harsh ... not just the ringleaders, also the hangers on and the facilitators. (although I could probably live with a suspension for these)

(and do I sound like a member of a pitchfork mob .... yeah .. I guess so .. otoh .. there should be due process )

and if you don't want to kick them out outright ... start a new subgroup in some godforsaken place and mass transfer the lot of them ...
    (that will sort out the ones that really want to stay in as well ... )

ow, and if they want to show their commitment to change in the society ... write a song about bullying ... and have Mahohon centre it, do a TV show and have her have a lead role (as in the shows dealing with teen pregnancy, choosing a career, suicide tendencies and LGBT issues they did with the original gens)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. ET920

ET920 Member

Or they can shave their head... :awesome:

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1