Kojima Mako (Kojimako) / 14th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Chaos48, Jul 15, 2012.

1. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Close, but no cigar.

And then, Mako-san Graduation Announcement

I am really, really desolate,
    To the point I think won't she, with her usual smile,
    tell me that 'It's just a lie.'

I took an audition,
    precisely because I saw Mako-san activies.
    For me, even from now on,

My no. 1 idol is always Mako-san.

Until graduation,
    I want to create a lot of memories.

------------
    Ayamin will always hold a special place in my heart. I saw and know her early from AKBINGO Senior teaching Junior episodes [in which Mako demonstrate her saltiness in handshake event] as the 16th gen who liked Mako. [She did say she talked to poster of Mako everyday, but I will ignore that creepiness] Following from afar, I saw how hardworking she is, and finally she just got promoted (and she totally deserved it) to Team K. And now this, only a month after promotion. I really feel sorry for her. And with that I am off to bed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. otabe

otabe Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    soraland
    Kinda been avoiding this thread for the past couple days because boy this bummed me out. Kojimako has been my first 48g member I oshi in years of just mayuyu and then sakuratan. I first admired her acting in the majisuka gakuen series, her wit & charm in akbingo and all the 14th gen/tentoumo chu hijinks, and then her showing off her immense talent in produce 48. I went through this journey in a few short months but it was some of the most fun I had all year and really brought me back to the whole 48g. Kojimako is a dazzling girl whose smile holds a dozen secrets and I can say I will be a fan forever :1st:

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Mayuyusuki

Mayuyusuki Member

Gonna miss Kojimako and her smile. Hope she does something she loves and succeeds.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. welp

welp Next Girls

If you compiled what Sakura and Juri have said on K-pop
    - K-pop is more skill-focused and they will be appreciated both as idols and skilled performers.
    - K-pop is more acknowledged outside 48 fandom. To foreigners, to non 48-wota Japaneses, they are nobodies.

Besides, these likely are other factors
    - Juri and Mako are 21, quite old for AKB, already in their late phases as AKB48's member while 21 is a common age to start idol career in K-pop.
    - As they are already in their late phases, they may have thought they have hit the wall in AKB and need to leave to advance.
    - They both are more interested to be skilled performers than simply cute idols.
    - They may not like to do fanservice so much/AKB is too fanservice-focused to their likes. As they work as team in K-pop, few members can pretty quiet/stoic if they are flirty, fanservicey members to liven up the mood.

Seemingly, Mako's K-pop redebut speculation has a lot to do with her big K-pop fan bestie, Juri, who has been speculated to soon graduate and rumored to make Korean debut. Mako herself has left us no hints how much she loves K-pop.

Something that make me suspect if she will move to Korea are
    She being cryptic over her new path. Usually, K-pop soon-to-be idols are banned to talk about the debut detail. In many cases, they can't even say the name of their agency.
    I've read it's very difficult to move to new agency in Japan. Mako has been under Sun Music and the way she said sound like she might have accepted the offer from another agency. This possibly means she's moving out of Japan.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    I totally disagree with you here.

She said she has been preparing for two years. What does this mean?
    • Jan 27, 2017 -- New Agency Announcement
    • Apr 8, 2017 -- Official Move to new Agency
    • Dec 1, 2017 -- Start PRESS Blog
    • In 2018 --- she attended a lot of fashion-related events, including a talk show organised with ModelPress.
    PRODUCE48 and Korean-related event is only about a year old. And she said in bayfm78 ON8+1 yesterday that "I have an agency, so I can organise an event [to meet fans] via agency." Doesn't sound like someone who is changing agency to me.

Mii-chan even mentioned that one of the effort Mako put in is related to her very fashionable Instagram.

I wouldn't blame you -- most Korean-related information is translated, while almost everything else isn't.

8. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  9. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    I can now correctly guess what you are posting depends on whose member thread you also posted to at the same time lol.

Anyway, translation of AKB48 News -- Kojima Mako Graduation Announcement from the radio:

Myao "How do you feel right now?"
    Mako "But, I have been thinking about my graduation over and over, for quite some time already. I always think that I will graduate after I finish preparation. So, like,, all... it's not like I have felt this before, so... But I feel really, well, refreshed. I have been thinking about this for two years, so it's refreshed, like I have finally done something."

Myao "Do you have anything you wanted to say to fans who have been supporting you?"
    Mako "Of course, it's not like I am disappearing from entertainment world, from everyone. Perhaps, since I have agency, I planned to do the event via agency. So as always, really, I still have dreams I want to show to everyone; things I want to chase together. So please, as always, I want you to continue stay by my side."

Myao "You were watching from the side, right, Mogi?"
    Mogi "Ah, but, in creation of this concert, we I have rehearsal, the actual concert, and a lot of other thing. I get to see again how big Mako presence is in Komiyama Team K. Really, I felt that when you are gone it will be really lonely. You are my junior, but really, I have nothing for you but respect. Like, only with the presence of Kojimako, the place get brighter. That is a very, very good point of Kojimako. From now on, while thinking of.... while having respect for Kojimako, I want to be able to brighten up the atmosphere too."

---------------------------------

Regarding translation, since things have pretty much settled down (I was translating in all my free time the past few days), if anyone of you want anything related to this graduation announcement, or anything really, don't hesitate to ask me. I have probably translated them (to other language) already so it won't be much work for me. But there are lots of content, and a lot of things get repeated a lot, and my time is also limited so I cannot post everything.

• Like Like x 6
  10. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Well, It would be cruel to ask you to translate Joshiko for us (us meaning the Miichan crowd, so your audience would be somewhat limited here :/) ... ;)

11. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Yes, it would be, and I should have known better. I totally wasn't expecting a full-length movie here...

(Just for a note, for me it take about an hour or so to translate about 5 min of video so...)

12. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I completely understand and I was only about 1% serious ... I'm just evil :evil::evil::evil::evil: ごめんなさい

imho, we as community cannot thank the people who take the time to translate things enough, ありがとうございます

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Zuu Ryuzuma 48

Zuu Ryuzuma 48 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui
    Another unsung hero that totally deserve our utmost respect.. ;)
    I totally know the workload.. too much work.. but still do it becos of the love for our idols.. :)
    SALUTE!!!!!!! :1st:

14. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    It's good. I wasn't totally sure if you were joking or not and in the end decided against writing a joke answer.

Thank you for your kind words. I knowfrom when I was just depending on other translation that I usually don't give feedback either, but it is nice to be appreciated. Of course, I have since learn to stop giving a *** about feedback, less I be demotivated (and I believe a lot of 48G translator kinda already learn that), and that a translation, of any seriousness, won't beat a cute picture... lol.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    what are the chances of mako getting a grad song?

16. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Sadly, zero.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Let me reverse the question, How many members have had a graduation song ... or a real concert ... and why?

18. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Acchan
    Mariko
    Tomochin
    Sayaka
    Kasai (in her solo single)
    Yuko
    Ricchan
    Takamina
    Mayuyu
    Sae (in SKE)
    Paruru
    Kojiharu
    Rena
    Shibata
    Masanya
    Kaotan
    Milky
    Nana
    Jonishi
    Sayanee
    Kitarie

I think that's it?

Basically the big guns for each group.
    Sadly, Kojimako isn't at that level.

• Informative Informative x 2
  19. rendizzz

rendizzz Next Girls

at least let Mako centering Team K song for the last time

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    I want to repeat what I have said before in this thread --- there haven't been a graduation of Mako level in a LONG time, if ever. If you count SSK, she is in top 7 of AKB48.

Nothing is set in stone. Judging from reactions around her graduation announcements, and the fact that she is still No.1 under for 48G, her importance to the group might be more than we think. (Heck, I am Mako oshi, and I was surprised by some of the reactions too)