1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

NGT48 Assault Case

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by Cisalpine88, Jan 9, 2019.

1. TheHitch

TheHitch Kenkyuusei

I wouldn't trust AKS blindly either.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    It's mean there is no truth till that we want to believe)) and vice versa
    P.S. I only believe Maho

• Like Like x 6
  3. TheHitch

TheHitch Kenkyuusei

Damn right

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

You can start with ethereallimbo's post here, which covers most of the facts regarding the incident and the girls, and includes translations of Maho's Twitter and Showroom as well as NGT's first official blog post about the incident.

As for the things you weren't sure about: The men were held for a period of time and then released with no charges brought against them. I don't think we know whether police or management are doing any investigating on the girls right now. Their absence from events may just be management keeping the suspicious ones + Maho out of events for the time being for their own protection. If it is publicly known whether they are doing an investigation, then I somehow missed that part.

...One would hope they are doing an investigation, if only to root out whether any member is responsible for endangering Maho, but so far management has been completely silent on this topic, which is one of the major reasons fans are so mad.

Don't ask me, I was just paraphrasing what was in the letter and corroborating it with things the fans have been complaining about. There are a lot of theories going around as to the connection between Bunshun and AKS in this instance, but I don't know what can be believed. It seems there are more theories about this aspect than all the rest combined. You can ignore this if you weren't talking to me specifically :^^;:

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. GOBlue

GOBlue Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    Thank you, very helpful :D

It happens I guess, I'm just trying to get some accurate info I just don't like any member being attacked or targeted over speculation. Right now NGT48 and 48group fans should be supporting the members, Management messed up the group did nothing wrong Maho was brave to come forward and she must feel terrible has things get worse and worse for NGT.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. ethereallimbo

ethereallimbo Kenkyuusei

Noepii didn't lose followers but she's certainly not gaining as much from this NGT48 exposure as others. Ogiyuka actually did lose followers after her two tweets yesterday. Only ~400 but still very much an outlier because that never happens; ending the day with less followers than you started it with.

re: Ayakani/Gatanee is interesting. They've actually gained followers. But that's expected. Bad publicity is still new exposure, and even if only 10% of that new exposure decided to follow you that's still an increase from your default daily following gain.

The ones "benefited" the most (from Jan 9 ~ Jan 19):
    #1 Mahohon (24k -> 85.3k)
    #2 Ayakani (18.9k -> 29.5k)
    #3 Gatanee (21.7k -> 28.7k)
    #4 Rittan (14.8k -> 20.3k)
    #5 Rika (111.8k -> 123.5k)
    #20 Ogiyuka (135.9k -> 139.4k)

Not surprising Ogiyuka didn't gain much. She's "implicated" in the rumors, and as NGT48's #1 girl she never addressed the issue properly. Not necessarily her fault. All of the members could be having a gag order right now by management or police. Meanwhile, Maho more than tripled her followers. Right now she's #37 highest 48g Twitter account. She passed members like Kaotan, Hii-chan, Yuiyui, Mio, Hana. She has a much louder voice now next time she tweets.

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  7. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Look at Instagram.

edit:
    [​IMG]
    The irony

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

She's actually been losing IG followers for a while now (Before all of this), I think that's because of the P48 Momentum she had is gone.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. TheHitch

TheHitch Kenkyuusei

Wouldn't be surprised if those new followers just wanted to follow them so that they see those members new messages quickly and easily, so that they can speak their minds and comment as easily and fast as possible.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    She's taken a steep dive since the 12th, but actually looking again now it's only about -1k.
    https://ig48.gutas.net/member?c=392

• Informative Informative x 4
  11. ethereallimbo

ethereallimbo Kenkyuusei

NGT48 at today's Request Hour. This time I did notice Mofuchan. 5 didn't participate. Maho, Ayakani, Gatanee, Rittan*, Renapon.

*Rittan is injured and out of commission for a couple of months, I think.

[oversize image]

Attached Files:

• 00.jpg
      00.jpg
      File size:
      579.7 KB
      Views:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2019
  12. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

I find this hilarious. It’s even worser than the photo that Ogiyuka posted. I wouldn’t be surprised if the photo was taken so the bottom corner audience isn’t shown because it seems like that is where the most penlight got turned off or just the audience in general. There is way too much empty black space.

[​IMG]

13. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    @Matsui Hikari

I was inside the hall. I can tell you at the show I was at (75-51) that granted, there were some people who put down their lightsticks during NGT's performance, at least the first song. I saw a few people around me do it. However, it was not a significant enough amount of people that it would be noticeable if you looked at the entire audience.

• Informative Informative x 18
    • Like Like x 1
  14. ET920

ET920 Member

That's what you get for suporting Mahohon :fear:

• Dislike Dislike x 14
    • Creative Creative x 3
  15. Nealy07

Nealy07 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Why Ayakani, Gatanee and Renapon were absent ?

Is there any communication about it or an official reason ?

16. ethereallimbo

ethereallimbo Kenkyuusei

Nope. It really shouldn't be that hard to put out a statement, even if it's a simple "didn't feel well enough to perform." If there is still an investigation going on Ayakani/Gatanee will probably stay out of the public's eye until it's wrapped up. Maho was close to Rittan and Renapon, so if Renapon isn't sick/injured, she might be absent to serve as moral support for Maho.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. welp

welp Next Girls

I'm I the only one not bother with Ogino's Coming of Age Address? In the end, 48 competition is individual battle. I don't expect 48 girls to form sororal bonds and see nothing wrong with Ogino put herself first. As long as she does not purposedly damage someone for personal interest, it's alright for me.

If the assault actually was orchestrated by a member, BNK wotas discussed a big factor behind this crime was the never-ending internal battle nature of 48 group. Rivalries would inevitably result conflicts, a case like this was much less likely to take place in 46 groups.

And, that's what I've addressed, the victim could get paid only for actual countable damage and not emotional suffering? Actually, Maho has suffered financial loss due to the case, got suspended thus lost her wage from gigs and even possible early graduation. This can be roughly calculated and she may request indemnity from the culprits. I doubt if it will worth the lawyer fee though.

You don't even understand what is legit "crime". Laws separated from Penal Code can be criminal laws and traffic law is one. Do you think what law grants police officer to arrest DUI drivers and what law grants the prosecutor to file them to the court? Do you think the traffic law has a special provision saying "Penal Case Procedure Code shall be applied mutatis mutandis."? No. it's not, it's not required. A law is criminal law if they are criminal penalties.

Don't you know that action can tell intention and there is foreseeable intention? If I slap a bitch, do the prosecutor need to prove my intention? Without intention, how on earth my palm land on her face, muscle spasm? If I cut someone's throat deep, to prosecute me of murder, the law officer needs not to dig into my mind, just explain to the judge panel that everyone with slightliest intellect must know such action can result death hence I did it knowingly it would kill the victim.

Anyway, as assault without injury is a misdemeanor, it may not worth for the officer to proceed the case. The culprits already were detained for 21 days and most likely would not receive additional penalty but some fine from the court.

Sometimes, the statute is clear enough to understand without further explanation.

• Dislike Dislike x 9
  18. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

The problem should have been solved from minute 1 and do not wait for it to turn into a snowbal that psychologically damages the victim.

And the accomplice of the assailants will have to graduate with dishonor from the damage caused.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Well... perhaps if you are one (the?) face of your group, which is going down faster then Titanic because some of its members decided to give free access to the dorm to some scumboy and may have orchestrated another member assault, SSK and 1st place shouldn't have been your first though.
    Especially since that member accused them and then had to apologise and in doing so became a worlwide talk..

So, while I can't speak for everyone, I'd say she could have chosen another topic, or just said she'd hope Maho is well and them, as group, would help her to recover.
    It's not about putting yourself first, it's about human emphaty, something some people seems to completely lack.

• Like Like x 32
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  20. GATX105

GATX105 Member

Dude, just stop replying. I already told you why. I'm not trying to argue about anything, I'm just correcting information and I don't mind being corrected myself but this cursory reading you're doing isn't going to be enough. Better to ask someone you might know that knows about this kind of stuff.

Moral Damages can be awarded. And only damages that directly resulted from the incident are generally awarded and lost wages from suspension is not a direct result of the incident (it's a separate decision by her employer).

Yes, there are crimes by special law (as an exception to general rule that crimes are violations of penal code) but I'm trying to say as little as possible. Yes dui is a crime but most traffic violations are infractions (in the US). I'm not a traffic person and am certainly not aware of most special laws that define acts to be a crime so feel free to find something I don't know about this.

If the suspects intended to forcibly make maho go to a party next door, then the crime is coercion, if they intended to steal her phone and did what they did to do it, then the crime is attempted robbery. If they wanted to take a selfie with her and forcibly restrained her to keep the door open, I'm not sure what this is but it's not assault. If they intended to threaten her and did what they did, then the crime is light or grave threat. If, as in this case, intent seemingly cannot be proven, then they can only be prosecuted for what actually happened. If you slap someone with the intent of making them concentrate, as a joke, to snap them out of a stupor, to kill an insect, etc. then it won't be assault but yes, your action can be used as one proof of intent (the manner you slapped, force used, etc.)

Anyway, there's a lot of exceptions and nuances to things like this and you, as a lay person, will likely not grasp everything by doing cursory reading. That's why there's entire classes that teach these things and those only cover basic things.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1