1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Minegishi Minami (Miichan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by hanabi, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    A random thought: Regarding Miichan's conflict-averting response to the NGT crisis, I think it's not so much that Miichan would look like a hypocrite for calling out the members dating other people: after all, the real offense is not that these girls are in relationships, but the fact that they are bringing unwanted elements (a.k.a. men) straight into their shared living quarters without their roommates' consent and endangering the integrity of said roommates who they should be looking out for the way these same girls try to do for them.

But whatever Miichan does, she's gonna receive amounts of harassment that no other member should have to. Even as a super senpai, her power is diminished by the same power dynamics that enabled Mahohon's assault: favor from the Management, which to be honest she doesn't have enough of anymore. But considering the completely unbalanced scale of punishment she had to endure for meeting one person in their completely private home where they were bothering no one else, where she never hurt anyone nor did anything with malicious intent, in reality she should be the one whose voice people from all corners should be asking for, even above Sasshi.

After all, management is protecting members with even less leverage in trajectory, popularity, general recognition, experience, respect among the community, for something way more heinous than just being in love with a man (if we treat "love" as a heinous thing of course); literally endangering the physical and psychological wellbeing of another girl, for the "crime" of being uncomfortable with her space being invaded by unsavory people.

Miichan should be a protector in this situation, she should be one of the loudest voices advocating for justice for her courageous kouhai, she should be seeking to hang out with her and show her complete endorsement, but in the messed up board that everyone is playing in, she's completely blocked off from doing the good we know she is able to do. Logically, us from the outside can see the power that Miichan's voice could hold as one of the biggest victims of poor management decisions... but I'm afraid that Japanese wotas are unable to see the parallels between these two girls and will do anything in their power to negate any sort of intervention from her. I am sure that Miichan feels powerless in all of this. She knows the power dynamics at play and how they connect to everything that is happening. She was the focus of international outrage herself, though I feel like the internet could have been a little more helpful to protect her as well.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    But that's the problem with 'bellringers' .... the internet loves to jump on the band wagon and declare how unjust the treatment is ....
    but in the whole international Miichan outrage there was nothing done for her apart from some lip service that she shouldn't be punished or be free to date, it was quickly transformed into the story western media, sjws etc. wanted to push (or papers to sell or YouTube clicks to get) all this so people could display their righteous indignation.
    For Miichan it only resulted in hurting her standing/career inside Japan a lot.

And you mention Sasshii ... Sasshii is a rare 'beast' ... Sasshii defied all expectations by winning the SSK 5 times .... Sasshii is a sort of force of nature, Sasshii also has a different image ... so I think it's easier for her to speak out.

I just saw that clip from the 'emergency meeting' about the love ban rule ... she turned it into a Joke, but it's pretty clear Miichan doesn't really want to speak out on this subject

meanwhile ...
    DxHcm8QUYAMff24.jpg DxHcm8OU0AE2amz.jpg
    that's Hinami Kyooko ... who is seriously pretty .... now what did Nyan-nyan say Miichan? "if you befriend pretty people, you always have to be the funny one, so stop that" ;)

not sure how they met, but a quick search turned up that they have been friends for some time now.

just as reference:
    DvbSgnBV4AAa39Z.jpg

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 1
  4. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I thought you beat me to it .... but no

Sasshii's twitter:
    https://twitter.com/345__chan/status/1086231074533867521
    =====================
    せごどんとみぃちゃんと写真撮りました!リクアワ楽しかった!
    --------------------------------------
    and google translate return word salad ... but it has 'Miichan and' ... and 'made a picture'
    DxMRZq8VsAEYIdQ.jpg

Sasshii follows up with
    みぃちゃん、衣装が若くて恥ずかしいって。。
    ----------------------------
    Miichan is young and embarrassed.

an earthquake just hit near Tokyo, 5.7 ... hope everyone is safe
    Miichan's twitter:
    ===================
    地震大きめですね...用心しましょう
    --------------------------------
    The earthquake is slightly bigger... Beware.
    ---------------------------------
    Sasshii
    ===================
    わあ、揺れが長かったですね… 余震ありませんように…。
    ----------------------------------
    Wow, the shaking was long... There is no aftershock....
    ----------------------------------

and Makochan posted these pics .....
    DxMX_Y9UcAAvR9p.jpg
    Team 4 forever ?
    DxMX_Y8UwAEWeVl.jpg DxMZQ-lVsAIlXPj.jpg

AKBG Kingdom tweeted that last pic and :
    2016 16 members ...
    2019 ... 10 members left

Ayanan's twitter:
    https://twitter.com/ayana18_48/status/1086237473401843712
    DxMXNP-UYAA9JfX.jpg DxMXNQHV4AAyJPX.jpg

I guess these girls are Miichan's legacy
    (btw, that ashen blonde on Naachan looks good .. she always reminds me of Rem and Ram from re:zero ... otoh ... there was of course this images-1.jpeg )

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  5. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Video with the three as MCs at the end.

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. StrayDogFreedom

StrayDogFreedom Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Manaka
  7. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    O ...... Miichan :)
    https://twitter.com/chan__31/status/1086637141487116288
    ==============================
    え、親子かな。。?
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Eh, parent and child?
    ------------------------------------------------------
    with Yahagi Moeka, who responded
    ままー!!!!すち!! お手柔らかに。
    mamaa ... suddenly!!!! .... you have soft hands
    DxSCtJ5VAAEuSJP.jpg DxSCtJ-VsAY7non.jpg DxSCtJ4U8AAzoDW.jpg DxSCtJ4VAAEv3n1.jpg

short post 10th anniversary concert interview by Yahagi Moeka for AKBShow

https://twitter.com/HEARTSTATION648/status/1086990902785011713

and some extra pictures plus a link to the shows page
    http://www.nhk.or.jp/akb48show-blog/100/312854.html

DxV0F3PUwAEs5Jw.jpg DxV0F3QU8AABAhJ.jpg 20190118_20.jpg 20190118_19.jpg 20190118_18.jpg 20190118_17.jpg 20190118_09.jpg 20190118_08.jpg

link to the whole AKBShow episode (link by @shishi):
    https://www.bilibili.com/video/av41289140?from=search&seid=13041968702272669788

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Some pics from Miichan's twitter:
    https://twitter.com/chan__31/status/1088079699668942848
    =============================
    毎日これといって何もしてないので呟くこともない... さっしーがおすすめてくれたコンタクト入れたら気分上がった:)⤴︎
    ----------------------------------------------------
    (half of this is guesswork so reader beware)
    I do not do anything saying this every day, so I will not mutter (complain?) ...
    I put in the contacts Sasshii recommended to me, I felt better.
    ----------------------------------------------------

Dxm_5RDVsAINqgr.jpg DxmitxnV4AA_dx2.jpg DxmitxjUUAAH3QX.jpg

and Miichan updated her profile pic and background on twitter, I guess she really loves Minegishi Team 4 as well :)
    Screenshot 2019-01-24 at 16.40.39-1.jpg
    WMPhgQVy_400x400.jpg

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  9. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    With Yuko (from Yuko's instastory)

Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 10.34.56 AM.png

• Like Like x 2
  10. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Takamina's twitter:
    https://twitter.com/taka4848mina/status/1088801821127307264
    =====================
    みぃちゃん居なかったの残念だったなぁ、 みぃちゃんいるバージョン作ったよLOVE
    ---------------------------------------
    I was sorry Mii-chan wasn't there,
    Mi-chan version I made it LOVE
    ----------------------------------------
    giLuHX3.jpg
    reason Miichan, wasn't there .... she went to see Yuko's play ^^^^.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  11. StrayDogFreedom

StrayDogFreedom Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Manaka
    As good a reason as any, I'm sure Yuko appreciated that

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Someone went drinking with friends (instastory video)

Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 7.44.35 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 7.45.14 AM.png

• Like Like x 3
  13. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    yeay, my learning hiragana is starting to pay off :) ..... last word is 'itadakimashita' :) .... bon appetit :)
    it's good to see them having fun together ... :)

Momo seems to be a blogger, the man seen briefly to the right then would probably be her husband?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  14. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Idols who visit performances of other idols :) .... this must be Japan ;)
    Miyu Yoshimoto's, tarento, idol and former leader of now defunct idol group X21, twitter:
    https://twitter.com/MiyuYoshimoto/status/1090902569411465216

==============
    ちょっと前に #峯岸みなみ ちゃん所属の #AKB48 #チームK のLIVEにいってきました! チームKのKってなんのK? 色んなKを見ることができて、その度に みなみちゃんを始め、メンバーの皆さんは 表情や衣装が変化していて、楽しかったです。 みなみちゃんはもちろん好きで、 込山さん可愛いかった。☺️
    -------------------------
    I went #峯岸みなみ to live belonging a little while ago #AKB48 #チームK! What is the K of team K? I was able to see various k, and started Minami-chan every time, and everyone of members had changed the expression and the costume, and it was fun. Minami-chan was of course fond of it, and Komiyama-san was pretty.☺️
    -------------------------
    DyOqGoEUwAAebz5.jpg

ow, and Miyu Yoshimoto was of course Miichan's co-star in the three penny opera last year ...

Miichan responded:
    =================
    みゆちゃんありがとう! 次の日に会って、オープニングから細かく感想を教えてくれて嬉しかったな☺️またすぐ会いたいし、お芝居も一緒にできたらいいな〜
    ------------------------------
    Thank you Miyu-chan! I was so happy to meet you the next day and tell me your impressions from the opening. I hope to ☺️ see you again soon, and I hope to be able to play together!
    ------------------------------

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

• Like Like x 2
  16. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I just watched Miichan performing Watashi wa Watashi (a long long time ago in a galax.... ow, wait)
    After the performance whom other came over to dress her for the next song ... Takamina of course, who else ;)

but what I noticed was ... Takamina's lapel says 'Takamina' .... and Miichan's says 'Minami' ....
    but as we all know, Takamina was usually called Minami by the members ... so, you would have expected her coat to say 'Minami' or at least Miichan's coat to say 'Miichan'

otoh, we also all know Miichan didn't really like the name 'Miichan' at first and was a bit jealous of Takamina for being called 'Minami' ...

so, coincidence ... ... by request? .... who knows ... :D
    Screenshot (4).jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    If it was Takamina's move, I think it's a really nice gesture. Although I love the nickname Miichan (it sounds cute and it fit her especially when she was younger), I can see why she'd like to be called Minami

18. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Well, I think it would totally be in character for Takamina to do something like that.
    People used to talk about Atsumina ... but I personally think her bond with Miichan is strongest and the affection is mutual.

19. kazemori

kazemori Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    ^^^ That just made me cry. Takahasyi is just like that though. I actually vaguely recall a comment at some point in AKBingo (I'm pretty it was in the Tozen desu segment with Minegisyi), where Takamina apologized. I agree that the W-Minami bond was probably stronger than the Atsumina bond, especially before Takamina graduated. I feel like the Atsumina bond is clouded by a handful of underlying issues, including Maeda-san basically usurping Center (I'm not saying she didn't deserve it, the girl has talent) from Takamina. There's even a medley of AKB songs on YouTube that in ポニーテールとシュシュ (Ponytail to syusyu), where I swear, Takamina is about to smack Attyan, and Mariko comes to the rescue by spinning her out of the way (I'll edit in the link if I can find it, but no promises, 75% of the AKB content I've seen on YT was removed) I honestly thought it was a great moment, it all happened in rhythm, and fit with the choreography, and the near smack could be attributed to Takamina's shortness. But I can easily see even the big-hearted Soukantoku feeling a little bit off toward the girl who stole her limelight. Atsumina most likely was a product of Takahasyi's selflessness when being replaced (something like "Hey look that girl who took my spot is really good, I'd should say something ...Wow, you are amazing, no wonder you replaced me, I hope we can get along from now on"), and then Maeda's selfishness (what can I say, Takada Junji's advice was spot on) (something like, "I'm glad you see things my way... Thanks, I hope we can continue to get along in the future! Just stay out of the way of my path to the top.) And don't get me wrong, I still love them both, AKB would have never been as amazing without either of them. Now that I've said all that, let me get back on topic by mentioning, Minegisyi Minami is my absolute favorite Variety member of AKB, she almost never failed to be interesting and funny on AKBingo (except for [redacted] but who could blame her, she was going through a trying time, but even then she tried to try, gotta love her for that). She is my Variety Osyi, and I am totally adding that to my sig now.

((Wow, I rambled, oh well))

(((Special side not for those who don't know, (sorry, I've been a forum-crawler since the 90's), "italics within quotation marks" usually denote private thoughts)))

• Informative Informative x 2
  20. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Apparently Miichan was the first person Mako-chan told about her graduation, and that was 4 to 5 months before she made it public ...
    source: https://twitter.com/48gTalk/status/1093092463072358400

To be honest, I'm not that surprised, but I would have expected her to tell Takahashi Juri or Okada Nana first ... especially because people speculate that Mako and Juri will team up after graduation ....
    I suspect she consulted Miichan about the decision ...

<off topic>
    to be honest, I've never seen し romanised as 'syi', usually it's 'shi' but I know there are 2 ways to do it.

Apart from that ... I don't really think Takamina blamed Acchan for her being replaced, we all know Acchan especially in the beginning saw it as a very mixed blessing ... and more of a burden.
    (which is something a lot of centers say, suddenly they are in front and there is no-one to follow)
    And I also think Takamina has a far to great heart to be jealous for long. If there would be anyone to be blamed it would of course be the person(s) making the decision.
    </off topic>

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1