1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Minegishi Minami (Miichan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by hanabi, Jun 4, 2007.

1. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    To be honest, I have always wondered where that account get data from. As a Mako oshi, I only know that Mako told Mii-chan and Juri at roughly the same time, and it was 'a while ago'. Maybe they went to ask during handshake, but IDK. She probably haven't got a chance to talk properly to Naachan at all (she did say that she told Naachan on the 13 Aniv Stage precisely because she just realised she haven't told Naachan lol)

And the reason you never see し as 'syi' because it's flat out wrong. It's either 'shi' or 'si'. 'syi' would imply non-existent し + small yi (which does not exist).

2. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Isn't that a bit harsh? :/

3. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Idk, do you considered telling people that 1+1=3 is wrong to be harsh?

4. kazemori

kazemori Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I don't think that is is harsh. What I find more harsh is that I have been writing it that way for over a year, and I have friends who are more fluent than I am in Japanese, yet they have never once bothered to correct me. My IME is also kind of mean for accepting it as a proper input. Either way, when I pronounce it as "shi" it just sounds off to me. Thanks for the correction @innosu, and thanks @dutchie for pointing it out. Would "sii" also be incorrect?

5. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Sii would denote しい.

The commonly used method (which is used by Japanese government and companies, most of the time) is Hepburn (https://ja.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ヘボン式ローマ字) but there are other methods though I don't remember any of them list し as syi at all.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. kazemori

kazemori Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Many thanks! I am still in the long process of learning the Japanese language (I understand probably 80% of what I hear, without using subtitles, but my reading/writing is worse than a grade-schoolers). I know that Hepburn is the common, official method, but it actually confuses my ears, lol

7. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    common yes .... official ... well, the Japanese government would like to talk to you about that ;)

I could argue that there is just one correct answer to 1 + 1 .... and that that is considered primary school level math, so no.
    (or I could say that I. binary it would be 10 ;))

otoh ... I'm kinda hesitant to do the same regarding languages ... as the other person might be dyslexic, or just starting out learning ... and added to that are the different methods of romanisation ... so ... not the same thing imho

8. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Story in the press about her appearance on on MBS radio "UPARETE Yasushima!"

"Minami Minegishi (26) of "AKB 48" appeared on MBS radio "UPARETE Yasushima!" (Wednesday, after 10, 00). After talking about the idol group he talked about the title of "Former" easy to attach."

As you know, news article about former members almost always use the title "Former AKB48" There is a section that points out that Ricchan doesn't like being called "Former AKB48."

https://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertainment/news/2019/02/07/kiji/20190207s00041000391000c.html

9. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    well, it must also be a bit annoying to have always (AKB48) appended to your name, even if you're a current member...

ooooooo........ btw ..... that's one horrible pic in that article :(

but as I understand it, she thinks that when the label is dropped it's a sign you accomplished something in your own right.... and I think she has a point, and it look like she uses Ricchan as an example of some who has accomplished that.
    (but ... google translate ... so YMMV ;) )

Screenshot 2019-02-07 at 16.22.21.jpg
    Normally in Utage Miichan's name is labeled, last time it wasn't ... probably doesn't mean anything .. but I noticed it :)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  10. kazemori

kazemori Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    It's my opinion that "Graduated" fits better than "Former", though I feel both are fine, and to change a convention is a lot of work. Then again, I see AKB as what is effectively "Idol School".

And yeah, that might be a horrible picture, but at least she still looks cute!

Google Translate did as clumsy of a job as ever, but it seems like you got the right idea from it to me.

By the way, by "official" I simply meant that it is the standard generally used for international communication. Also, I am very interested in my learning, and love being corrected (I want to be right, so please correct me when I am wrong), so I don't see it as too harsh. I would rather be bluntly told that I'm wrong, after all, facts are facts.

11. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Well, I'm Dutch and we are notorious for being blunt, bordering in being rude :)
    (and I'm from Amsterdam ... who are the worst of the lot ... :/ .... btw, we don't think of it as being rude or blunt, we just think it's honest, and we appreciate honesty)

otoh ... in Japan one of the ways to say no to 'kohii o nomimasen ka" is .... "Sumimasen ga, chotto ...",
    in any case bluntly saying 'ie' to such request is really bad form :)

12. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    I don't think any one wanted the title of Former AKB48, but all seems to accept that I won't go away any time soon. It's unlikely that you can be bigger than AKB48.

And I believe it's Former AKB48 (元AKB48) and not AKB48 Graduated (AKB48卒業生) is just because of former is much shorter to read and write.

13. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    If it's cold .... like it was around here, here's a perfect picture to warm you
    Dy8QIi3XQAUIT4x.jpg

I honestly think Miichan might be one of the cuddliest creatures on earth, we all know how she loves to snuggle up to other members :)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  14. kazemori

kazemori Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    She really does glow with warmth in that photo. Such a kind, soft look on her face, the big fluffy scarf lets her fans know that she's staying warm, and therefore healthy. It's a great picture, as one would expect from a great idol as Minegisi Minami.

• Like Like x 1
  15. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    don't know the occasion .... but it's Mimako
    DzMUs1BUUAAAxnN.jpg DzMUs1BU0AE_J5m.jpg

and Miichan makes sure to keep warm :) .... (ow, how I would hate those sleeves .... : )
    DzGN0KiVYAAsgY3.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  16. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Miichan and Sasshi ....
    https://twitter.com/chan__31/status/1096038849254326272
    =================
    ハッピーバレンタイン❤️さし久しぶり☺️☺️
    ------------------------------
    happy valentine❤️ Sasshi long time no see ☺️☺️
    ------------------------------
    DzXphRgUUAItSaH.jpg

17. Imaizumi_Izzu

Imaizumi_Izzu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Omg , Miichan just ate her lipstick

Attached Files:

18. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    link to the video ^^

https://twitter.com/chan__31/status/1096044984304685056

don't know who were with her (it kinda sounded like Mako, but that's a wild guess) .... but they were pretty shocked ...

otoh ... even if it was real lipstick .. if it's safe to wear on you lips it's probably safe to eat as well ... I suspect girls who wear lipstick effectively will ingest many a stick :)

Shiichan thought it was cute though ;)
    ねぇこのみーちゃん、みーちゃんって感じでめちゃかわいい [hehe]
    ----------------------------------
    Hey Miichan, Miichan is so cute
    ----------------------------------

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    It seems Miichan checked the fridge in the dressing room in the theatre, looking for some left over icecream ... and found 3 icecream with her name on it ... but she didn't remember putting them there.
    So it turns out some other member put Miichan's name on it so it wouldn't get taken by someone else .....

because ... who would dare to take something from Miichan :D

btw, Miichan thought it was cute someone protected their ice-cream with her name :)

Dz7jDKNVYAA1T62.jpg

And Miichan landed a role in a TV show together with her 'entertainment dad' Lili Franky.
    she will play Lily Franky's pregnant daughter

I guess she'll have to call Acchan for some pointers there ;)

https://post.tv-asahi.co.jp/post-77843/amp

From Shiichan's twitter, "Old" ladies looking great (my caption, not Shiichan's ;) )
    Dz-oZTsUYAA1VJR.jpg

https://twitter.com/chan__31/status/1099317966770851840
    =========================
    みんなのパチンコフェス!! 久しぶりにメンバーと歌って踊って楽しかった〜 この衣装久しぶり:):):)当時のメンバーで残っているのは3人だけ...うーむ...
    ---------------------------------------------
    Pachinko Festival of everyone!! It was fun to sing and dance with the members after a long time. ☺️☺️☺️ Hmmmm...
    ---------------------------------------------
    D0GP28BUYAAdWmf.jpg D0GP27_UYAEkoc3.jpg

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  20. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    My god, she looks so squishy :cute: I wanna squish her cheeks lol

• Like Like x 2