1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Hirate Yurina (Techi) / Keyakizaka46 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Graduated Members' started by nakotteiijan, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Nealy07

Nealy07 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    She will graduate from High School this year, I don't know if she will go to college but its a big step in someone life, whatever she choose.

I've watch some japanese college students interviews and they said that you have more free time in college, you dont feel the same pressure than in high school, and its generally where you "enjoy" your life the most.

I wish that she will stay in the business, acting or singing it will be such a waste of talent, but we still have time before thinking about that ! :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. wry.smil3

wry.smil3 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I am not sure this baka otter has good enough grades to enter colledge)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

1. I think she's only in HS 2nd year. And at least in 1st year, her grades and attitude in school were awful. I have trouble imagining her wanting to go to college.

2. The Stargazer MV now has over 810,000 views, in 18 hours. Techi strikes again.

EDIT: Sorry to have reposted the video posted on the previous page. But I'm glad @YukoOshimafan was able to use it...and I agree about the acting. That's what really strikes me, even more than the amazing dance.

A Japanese comment on the MV from YouTube: "It's the first time I've seen a blonde Techi. So kakkoii it gave me goosebumps. Beautiful. Overwhelming.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. YukoOshimafan

YukoOshimafan Member

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka
    @ukifune Thank you so much for the link, Techi never fails to amaze me with her acting, she is so good, no wonder she is getting a lot of solo work. Congratulations,Techi <3<3<3<3<3-

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

In her original NHK Songs interview, she was asked what she would do when she was 20, and she said, with a shy smile: "Get married." That doesn't preclude doing other things at the same time, and it isn't actually likely, but that's what she said. She'll probably do something we don't expect, anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. fuyuka

fuyuka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I remembered this, NHK interview, she said she once wanted to leave Keyaki and get married at the age 20. I think that is the truth, because until now, Keyaki is still her biggest pressure. Sometimes I wonder if the manager and techi have a small agreement that if she's still a center she will be allowed to do what she wants (no handshake, keyakitte ...) :confused::confused::confused::confused:

7. Yuipuri

Yuipuri Kenkyuusei

Personally I can see her pursue acting career after graduating. She seemed enjoy that. But honestly something that I want to see more from her is her works. We get that she involved in production like in her movie or in concert/MV many times but I want something like choreography in Stargazer or her own lyric. How to describe this, something that really comes from her?

• Like Like x 1
  8. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

She once said that she wrote on her note about things surrounding her and joked that maybe in the future she would secrectly release her own lyrics. It seems we could get a Techi-P in the next 10 years lol . If she dont pursue her celeb's career, at least I hope she would become a stage director, she seems good at those kinds of things. Being a full-time housewife totally wastes her talent (and i cant stand not hearing anything about her)

Any comments about her voice in Nobody? The 1st time I see this kind of song in 48/46 group b-side. Eventhough their voices are still weak, i'm still appreciated them a lot. They do adlib 3 times at the end of the song and I think Techi is the one who sing the 2nd adlib right?

9. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    With Techi you never know what's going on with her or what she'll do in the future. People keep talking about her graduating (just look at the predictions thread) and yet she's still here. When asked about acting again after Hibiki she didn't sound very enthusiastic. She's so unpredictable that I can't tell what she will do or not, while I can kind of presume for some of the other girls. Maybe she'll be a radio personality who knows. She's very talented so it would be a waste for her to graduate young and leave the entertainment business.

I think she sounds nice in Nobody and I like the song (better than Student Dance, although not as good as Hiraishin which is one of their best songs ever) but that English intro is a bit cringeworthy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. newromantics

newromantics Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I personally think Hirate is absolutely fine with the image she has.

Her last blog entry is about living life honestly and staying true to herself.

If Techi was uncomfortable with the way she's presented in the media, I think she would've done something.

I think the gloomy aura around her during tv appearances with Keyaki is more about her own worries and pressure regarding performing. As well as not wanting even more attention on her.
    Hirate loves being on stage but every member who got to center has mentioned immense pressure and how nervewracking it is. But it seems that, unlike them, Techi does not share the burden with the members.
    And despite what she says, Techi is good at ments and MC-ing. She's not too bad at variety as well, since she doesn't feel intimidated by big senpais. But her desire to receive as little praise and attention as possible is pretty obvious. She doesn't like being singled out as some prodigy, even though she very much is one.

All in all, she's just a teenager who is bound to make mistakes here and there. Be it something like going on stage with injuries because at that age your health is the last thing on your mind, or putting little to no effort in things that are important but seem boring to you.
    And I really don't think she has anything figured out for herself regarding her future. I will selfishly hope she chooses to do both singing and acting, with maybe later venturing into songwriting and directing/scriptwriting.

• Like Like x 13
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Nobody is the kind of song it will take me a while to get used to, but it's happening. Not exactly the style I like best. But I think the singing works, and not just by Techi. Japanese lyrics.

The English at the beginning is not that unnatural. It sounds as if she means it, anyway (although the transcription I link to above is wrong for the English. It should be: "I'm sorry. Oh, well... Never mind. Nothing.")

She walks on a street she walks all the time, waiting for something amazing to happen. Sounds as if she couldn't find a friend to go out with. Or maybe she has just been dumped. She gets on a subway train and goes to the end of the line. She says she has no interest in lost love. Nobody really knows her. (There's more to it than that, but that's what I see at first glance.)

A note about Stargazer: this tweet describes Hirate in the screencap below, with her arm raised, as being "like a beautiful wild animal...like a wolf howling at the moon." The director said that the moon was not done with CG , that they had to rush around chasing it and had only a limited time to get the shots they needed. And Techi had to get the dance right quickly. The MV was probably shot last April, according to reports.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  12. cotd

cotd Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    Speaking of pairs, I will definitely miss the Techimemi combo. Their video from the Ambivalent single was so good. I hope they'll still be able to showcase their friendship.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Here she is with Japanese/Canadian Ayaka Wilson, one of her co-stars in Hibiki. I guess Techi is still trying to keep out of sight, lol:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  15. keyak

keyak Upcoming Girls

Techi looks lovely in the new Nobody mv! Does anyone else love seeing her do more girly dances? :blush:

She also looks so mature with this haircut :)

upload_2019-2-14_20-26-57.png
    MV link here.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. chiskeyk

chiskeyk Kenkyuusei

I agree about that, it's an interesting performance to watch but not necessarily bad. Techi looks really stiff throughout the video though, it's probably her injury... :(

I kinda wish she'd sway her hips a bit more, but health comes first. The retro aesthetic suits her a lot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Hiraishin

Hiraishin Member

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Techi learning to ride bicycle is cute

if the video does not show watch the video here
    IMG_20190215_180525.jpg IMG_20190215_184853.jpg IMG_20190215_184848.jpg IMG_20190215_183708.jpg IMG_20190215_182530.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  18. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    She looks beautiful in the Nobody music video. Very Yamaguchi Momoe like. And yes, she seemed stiff in the group dances but her solo shots were great.

Supposedly we'll see shots from the photoshoot newcomers do for the Japanese Academy Awards next week.

19. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

That video posted above by @Hiraishin is part of the making-of video for the film. Every Techi fan must watch. It starts with Techi and the director. Then shows them rehearsing and then shooting a scene in which Hibiki manhandles her editor. Then riding a bike for the first time in three years. Then a close-up dramatic phone call. Then Hirate bowing to the staff at the "crank-up" (end of shooting). Quiet, serious, strong in action but age-appropriate respectful to staff and costar, evidently always thinking about the role. She told the director she doesn't read manga much, but she loved the Hibiki manga when she was given it to read, and loved Hibiki -- although she didn't really have confidence she could play her. The DVD/BD comes out March 6.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls