1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

they already safely arrived in korea today

2. welp

welp Next Girls

IZ*One in Kitchen Puipui (?) with Eng sub

if the video does not show watch the video here

Lol. Even Kakao M, the biggest music distributor in the country is not very successful in music production/agency. Its sole top star is IU. On the other hand, Stone also has very popular soloists, Heize and Roy Kim under its belt.

The influence in other industries of entertainment circle may not translate to the influence in music industry and vice versa. (S.M. and YG have not been very successful with their TV endeavors.) Big 3 were Big 3 not only because they earned a lot but because they could turn everyone's heads to their new artists, had established brand loyalties that their new groups had huge following right from the start. (See how big of buzz Itzy has created simply because it comes from JYP.) Just the competition to be a trainee of Big 3+1 is much fiercer.

3. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

If you are talking about public influence then yes, but I would say my point still stands regarding the companies’ power within the industry themselves.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

Abematv special, pls share another link here if u can find a better one that won't get takedown, thanks

(just a note, for wiz*one who follow and support our chaeyeon and his little sister from the beginning, u can watch chaeryeong at itzy official mv on YT and their official tweet, tq)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Love music interview

Izone in nagoya news

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  6. Bingo

Bingo Member

A better quality, but not sure if it won't be taken down.
    GONE

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  7. All Nippon Airways

All Nippon Airways Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    i hope their stylist are not shinobu... they need to change their outift!
    this is 3 times (cmiiw) in TV they use the same outift

8. Bingo

Bingo Member

but those outfits are their uniforms, same as like any other 48/46 group when appearing on TV.

9. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

10. All Nippon Airways

All Nippon Airways Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    i don't feel weird about how 48/46 uniform. but izone well-known with something fresh look with new style in every TV shows performance..
    so.. why not adopt it in japanese promotion.. even IZONE get many japanese fashion magazine & store as sponsor.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

IZONE is produce101 (Korea) and 48 (Japan). Let's not forget that. When in Korea, they are typical Korean gg that follows the rules of Korean idols so you will see them changing styles and all that. When in Japan they are 48 gg under AKS and therefore will follow the rules of AKS. 48 girls has a uniform for every single and they wear such uniforms whenever they perform that particular single. IZONE are no different at that field

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

i don't think about this seriously, but looks like there is a way to boost view on YT that still works,
    ENOZI cam

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  13. welp

welp Next Girls

Chaewon on graduation day of Hanlim Arts School. In the video in appearance order are
    - Twice's Tzuyu and Chaeyoung
    - Chaewon
    - Anne of GWSN
    - Miso of Dreamnote

here is Chaewon's yearbook photos
    https://twitter.com/girlgroupzone/status/1095135937032421377

Chaeyoung of Fromis_9 also has graduated from Hanlim this year.

Most all JYP's trainees/idols go/went to Hanlim while most of those of S.M. go/went to SOPA.

Sakura reported a fixed cast for Everyone's Kitchen. The line-up has altered with Kwanghee and Kwak Dongyeon out and Kim Yonggun and Chani (of SF9) in. Kim Yonggun is a very senior actor (elder than Kang Hodong). Chani (aka Chanhee), despite his group being unpopular, has drew attention as a main actor of SKY Castle.
    Here is the group photo of the new line-up.
    https://twitter.com/theseoulstory/status/1095158147067662336

I guess they have changed stylist. The gold-black costume gives me K-pop vibe.

Changing costume is a fun for female fans who dominate K-pop fandoms in Japan. Since it's been clear that most J-WIZ*Ones are female, won't it be better to do what they will like better? I don't think male fans care how many costume per promotion IZ*One uses anyway but female fans will surely enjoy costume change. I can see no drawback of costume changing but the budget. To adhere strictly on "IZ*One is J-pop group in Japan" is dumb when their forte is integration of K-pop and J-pop.

I've voiced out more than once that AKS needed to change its strategy. It has to focus on "what girls will like" instead of the typical "what men will like" due to different fan demography.

Anyway, I saw other K-pop idol groups wore stage costumes on Japanese variety shows albeit didn't fix on only 1 costume set for the whole promotion.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

This is just another stereotype about females. So far i haven't seen any discussion or disapproval from J-WIZ*ONEs regarding their clothes so i don't know where you got that info.

I know they are not related to IZ*ONE but to solidify my point in my previous quote as well as answer this one here, Keyakizaka46 is under AKS and even though they do wear bland costumes and do not change costumes often, they do have more and i mean more female followers than males. So what is drawing these female fans then?

Just like i mentioned in my previous post, IZ*ONE is different from any other K-pop idol groups in the fact that they are a combition of 2 totally different ggs, from 2 totally different agencies in 2 totally different countries. All those K-pop idols you refer to are not under AKS nor any typical Japanese idol Agencies and therefore are still Kpop idols under their labels performing on Japanese Variety Shows so they will still follow their costume rules.

But enough about the clothes, dear. It's not like it is affecting their work. The girls will go back to changing into different costumes once they are back in Korea so no need to lose sleep over it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

i dunno about this, for me, they are kpop gg from korea, and when they come to japan doing their activity, they are still a kpop gg from korea, even tho their music becoming jpop, and managed together with 48G, had 3 jpn members in izone, they won't becoming 48G just like that, they are still maintain their group name IZ*ONE, a different artist that only managed by aks but they did not owned it, the girls are gather from differents agency, but, as izone, otr are managing their activity at sk while aks in jpn, i think the confusion are came from where the 'Produce' venture announcement between mnet and 48G that makes few ppl think that both country had right to owned them, and the girls can switch their artist status/label between kpop or jpop depending in which country they are currently working, it won't work that way, there is no such convenient method[hehe] as far i can see, only their dress up and music style are changing, but still, they are still a kpop gg to me

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
  16. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    For those who are too afraid lazy to follow S48-style discussion in single's thread :fear:
    • Billboard (1st week): #2 (303,745)
    • Oricon (1st week): #2 (221,640)
    For those who are confused why Oricon's data is less than Billboard's, Oricon counts every boxed set or bulkbuying purchase (> 10 CDs CMIIW) as one purchase. Also, Oricon doesn't count international purchase (while Billboard counts that).

(And yes, moral value of the week is don't underestimate crazy Janiwota's power :awesome: )

17. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

18. welp

welp Next Girls

:rolleyes: Still, I've seen dozens comments from girls (and gays) how they enjoyed seeing different costumes. Besides, I've seen male K-pop fans questioned why BNK used the only 1 costume over and over. (They more concerned over hygiene, doubted if the clothes were washed properly as they were used daily.)

Not like the multiple costume will affect their work too. No need to lose sleep over it.

P.S. IZ*One is not under AKS. Have you not noticed IZ*One's Japanese MV was released in Off the Record's channel and any contents for Japanese promotion have OTR/Off The Record marks on it?

If you carefully watched Japanese videos on IZ*One, you must have noticed the group is perceived as "Kankoku" (Korean) group in Japan. Their fan demography (70% female mostly in teenage to early 20's) also conforms with general demography of Japanese K-pop fans. This suggests most J-WIZ*One are K-pop fans.

Actually, K-Wijeu did bulkbuying via J-Wijeu to help the group charted well on Oricon. Few dozens thousands copies (if not more) must be bought by the Korean.

19. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

Or don't one fangirls fandom underestimate another fangirls fandom power? :fear::fear::fear:

Anyway, although they lost I think they meet what OTR/AKS expect from their single sales.

20. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

they are one of the most profitable gg that has been produced so far right now, the phase of rookie for them i think already end if we follow years, quite short, but it's fine, not every batch of rookie can get a good sell, and they are very successful in debut, now we can only support them for being more successful in long runs, and WIZ*ONE is one of the well known fandom for supportive and buying physical album/cd of their idol