1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    LOL I mean those who purchased from online store like CDJapan/YesAsia :fear:
    Well, actually many Janiwota underestimate IZ*ONE... until they realized that WI*ZONE vers. preorder uses chara-ani system :fear:
    (won't explain further here, you can check @ single's thread). That's why Kisumai wota asked other Janiwota to help bulkbuying the singles.

Butttt some WI*ZONEs underestimate Kisumai too because they aren't Arashi (lewl), although we know that all of Janiwota are very loyalist (and actually their fanbase are quite big among JE idols)

UPDATED: For those who still think IZ*ONE isn't AKB's korean sister, the girls will be in AKB Shinbun March 2019 https://twitter.com/setsu_shinya/status/1095673566400376832?s=19

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  2. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

3. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

could be due to they are managed by same agency, same as fromis_9 at otr, but i called them as otr family , all of it just a personal opinion, mnet daughter, ioi younger sister, wanna one younger sister, now akb younger sister, keep adding the list, we could complete their lineage table soon:omg: Did not 46G have also appeared in akb Shimbun b4, should we call them as step sisters?[hehe]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

I'd say, every group that is produced by AkiP is his daughter, so they are all sisters among themselves (the only difference is if they are younger or older). and IZONE is definitely produced by AkiP. at least when it comes to their Japanese activities. since they also have a Korean management (owner?), it's probably more accurate to describe IZONE as step-sister to other 4648 groups.
    and it doesn't really matter if members are from different (Korean) agencies, Yasusu already had an experience of forming a group from the girls that were signed to different agencies (Last Idol) and it's 100% his project, nobody questions that. right now the members are under an exclusive contract with him and Korean management.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

but, it wasn't aki p project, it was mnet reality project, he just join it, mnet is the project organizer, and other agency from korea including aks from japan are sending their trainee to participated on the program. it was actually a collaboration idea between mnet and aki p to combine akb48 concept into mnet 'produce' series, that is why people sometimes think that izone is really simmilar to akb48 concept, cuz the main purpose of the project planned is to adopt the AKB48's concept of "idols you can meet and greet"

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  7. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

Technically speaking, current 48/46 Group is not really Aki-P project. It was a collaboration between Aki-P and certain company to use 48/46 brand with Aki-P as producer. AKB48 Team 8 is a project by Toyota. Yoshimotozaka46/NMB48 is project by Yoshimoto. STU48 is project to promote Setouchi region with backing by Setouchi government. That is pretty much Aki-P business model. Collaborate with any company that want to use 48/46 brand or his specialty in producing. Hence, in simple term we might say that Iz*One is CJ E&M project. In complex term we might say that it was a collaboration between Aki-P/AKS and CJ E&M with Aki-P as producer (when in Japan).

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

that is what i want ppl to notice
    vlive video of hyewon and chaeyeon mukbang that still not uploaded back by their official vlive channel (may be taken down very soon)

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  9. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Buzz rythm preview

10. welp

welp Next Girls

Aijeu off to Japan

They promoted Salewa well. Hitomi is a one who very often wears the brand.

Remotely relating. Yuehua has teased about its new girl group, Everglow. No info has officially released but it is Yuehua's girl group. The rumor is it will debut this month and its members including Kim Shihyun and Wang Yiren from Produce 48, Jiwon and a Japanese member. Jiwon was the first revealed female trainee of Yuehua Korea. Yuehua tweeted about her in 2017 but she has disappeared since early 2018. She's very pretty. This group had been prepared since 2017 it's said.

I doubt it. Even though they sold lots, they were heavily promoted. The profit might not so high. Also, usually, the biggest source of incomes of K-pop groups is the concert. They haven't had concert tour yet.

Still, Park Jinyoung said physical sale was most important because it implied the size of core fandom thus the concert-ability of the group. The good sale, albeit might not generate so good profit, showed they could do big scale concert/concert tour.

Since you said so, I have never seen anyone calls Last Idol and linking groups as AKB48's sisters but as a totally separated family. Neither they have any interaction.

In my opinion, Produce 48 is more of the idea of Mnet and AKS (even though it seemed like Akimoto spent much effort and interest on IZ*One). AKS is not Akimoto and not always shares the same mind.

By the way, I've been curious if the Last Idol show was inspired by Produce 101. Despite hugely difference format and presentation, the core concept is similar.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Bingo

Bingo Member

[ENG SUB] ABEMA TV IZ*ONE

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. sorasan

sorasan Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Hmm interesting ... I once saw a documentary about these projects and I remember for Japan, Concert tickets dun earn much as they are used to pay off the venue costs, manpower etc .... usually its the merchandise that's the income

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. welp

welp Next Girls

Hmm. TVXQ has been said the top earner of S.M. for selling approx. 200k tickets in Japan yearly. All top earners of K-pop industry are ones who have oversea concert tours. Yet, as K-pop idols' merch are sold mostly at the concert venue, it may be true that merch makes up a very large portion of income. I also have read that Morning Musume, despite low public interest, earns well due to concert tour and Nogi also has many concert dates as it is profitable. The concert scale must be a main factor if the concert is profitable and most female idols can't fill a big venue.

Anyway, there is the difference between the money the agency earns and the money the idol earns. Usually, K-pop idols get much bigger cut off the income from concert (and endorsement).

By the way, Aijeu's agency has just released new merch in Japan. :whistle:
    https://twitter.com/official_izone/status/1096258571619119107?s=21

14. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    • Informative Informative x 2
  15. All Nippon Airways

All Nippon Airways Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    yeah new outfit!!!!
    looks gorgeous :cute:

16. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
  17. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

well, since Last Idol doesn't interact much with 4648 groups, so there is no talk about them whatsoever. if they would be as heavily cross-promoted as IZONE, fans would definitely argue about their relationships.
    when I was talking about the relationships between the groups, I meant the substance, rather than their official titles or what fans like to think of them. fans are elitists and like their oshimen/groups to be unique and different (and of course better than anyone else)), so AkiP just plays along and creates "rivals" and "completely unrelated" groups, but in the end of the day, he just diversifies the assets and moves the money from one of his pockets to another :/

I've heard that it was most likely inspired by a TV show Asayan that was a beginning of Hello!Project and Morning Musume.
    like with other Yasusu's collaboration projects, TV Asahi probably wanted to start their own popular idol show like Asayan (that run on TV Tokyo), so they've proposed the idea to him. the other recent examples of such proposals to Yasusu that come to mind are Yoshimotozaka (proposal from Yoshimoto Kougyou) and =LOVE (Yoyogi Animation Gakuin proposed to Yasusu first, but he recommended Sasshi in his place)

• Like Like x 2
  18. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

abematv special, behind the scene cut

they will be featured in GLITTER Magazine https://twitter.com/glittermag

BUZZ RHYTHM 02 Talk+Performance

(i laugh so hard with wonyoung answer for nako):rofl:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  19. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Lmao that Wonyoung moment needs to go viral. That entire Buzz Rhythm talk is probably their best Japanese segment yet. As for Music Station, performance seemed a bit off. Looks like they might have been a bit nervous since it’s live after all.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  20. Momorin

Momorin Kenkyuusei

No it's generally the tickets. K-Pop concerts are generally expensive to produce. Ii think BIGBANG spent the most on their concert overall it was 10 million dollars but the concert made 30+ million dollars. So the concert makes most of the money but merchandise is nothing to huff at either.