1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The BNK48 Thread

Discussion in 'General BNK48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    Now most of 2nd gen are in Japan(Only one who I'm not sure is Faii), What are they doing in Japan??

New tv program??

2. BoredPikachu

BoredPikachu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Lin Nan
    Twitter:
    KindanShoujo
  3. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    I think you can find one on ebay without random photo, Or you can PM me, see what I can help since I going to preorder it anyways :).

• Like Like x 1
  4. welp

welp Next Girls

LMFAO. BNK trended on Weibo because of ลูกทุ่งไอดอล (Looktoong Idol).
    [​IMG]

Looktoong Idol is a survival show set to air early next month. The promotional video for the show has released recently and it has been criticized for copying "Produce 101" and various K-pop songs internationally. (You may search up #ลูกทุ่งไอดอล on Twitter.)

The show also has been heatedly discussed in China but mainly on the look of contestants. Chinese netizens complained they thought the Thai look-alike Lisa of Black Pink but realistically the Thai in general was ugly.

if the video does not show watch the video here

Some Chineses argued that they were many good-looking Thai girls those joining the show were all country girls and used BNK48's girls as examples. (Looktoong is more popular among those in lower classes.)

In my opinion, some contestants actually had fair to good visual but the styling and make up did they no justice. (And, the costume also was criticized as a rip-off of Momoland's Bboom Bboom. LOL.)

The production house of the show is Zense. Previously, True, a broadcaster, was licensed to make Thai version of Produce 101 and contacted Zense to produce the show. The project was canceled and Zense might use what they had prepared to make Produce 101 on this. Thai netizens have strongly demand for the cancellation of ลูกทุ่งไอดอล saying the show embarrassing the nation.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Wade & Wander

Wade & Wander Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    izutarina
    Luktung Idol is pretty irrelevant here so I'll try to keep this short.

I think the controversy is that it's:
    1) an illegal copycat with regards to the dancing & general look of the stage
    2) misunderstood in China/Korea as the Thai version of Produce 101, which it isn't. It's a copycat made to LOOK like Produce 101, but it's essentially a luktung singing contest, which is basically the Thai equivalent of country music. These girls don't just look like country girls, they ARE country girls. They don't look like idol-type girls because they're NOT idol type girls. If Thailand made an official Produce101 (e.g. like how True bought the licence), most of these girls would not make it on the show either. It's unfortunate they're being judged by idol standards when in reality, they're your average girl at the market who enjoys singing lukthung, and there's nothing wrong with that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. R7-OZ

R7-OZ Kenkyuusei

Wild Queen Kaew Appeared !!!!

7. onego123

onego123 Member

Last year it was announced that there is going to be an official Thai version of Producer 101(male). I forgot who has the rights to it, but I think it is(was?) True.
    Edit: I looked it up, and True does have the rights to it, but it looks like it's either been cancelled, or just delayed. It's possible this just them trying to get some of their money back.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  8. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    「ii ne JAPAN」BNK48 : EP.1 KIRORO RESORT [Noey, Namnueng, Cake, Miori, Phukkhom, Aom]

It's not about BNK48, but
    They already cancelled the show but didn't given any reason, and It''s not airing on True Channel. cause Luktung Idol is Airing in channel 7.
    and this program is not filming anything yet(only the mv performance one), they just want people to talk about this and know this program exist. and It's like they success for this. lol

9. welp

welp Next Girls

The contestant too might be confused. The teaser showed a girl auditioning with "Bitch naneun solo". :lol:
    It's wrong from the very start to converge K-pop idol and looktoong, to name the show "Looktoong Idol". They may integrate K-pop with Looktoong but not the "idol" part.
    Actually, Lisa too was a country girl. Her parents came from remote areas of the country. Without K-pop glow-up, she might not look much different from those country girls. Some of these girls can look nice like Lisa with nice fashion and make up. Country girls aren't genetically different from urban girls.

Since it's a girl, wota may not make big fuss over it?
    The singer, Bambam, actually is a (soft) butch but she wore wig for the shooting. The agency cloaks her style but unveils her sexual orientation. :confused:
    Most butch singers in the country are into ballad.

10. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    Today they held "BNK48 we talked to you" for Founder member, Media press, Members Parent about 2019 line up.

D0P1rezU0AA75Uk.jpg

- No 3rd gen audition this year.
    - TV program in neighbor country. (Start from Cambodia, Laos) to make people understand how idol works.
    - Going to collaboration project with other sister groups more.
    - BNK48 Foundation. Start by sell Cherprang limited edition figure.
    D0P-XVqVAAA7Vts.jpg D0P-PPbVYAYuTPm.jpg D0P9MAqUcAE6aLl.jpg large.jpeg
    - BNK48 Solo concert in May.(I don't sure these mean BNK48 group or member solo)
    D0QAp0XVsAAeQ2p.jpg
    - BNK48 Fan Fest#2 in Dec.
    D0QBhk-UcAADkm3.jpg large.jpeg
    - This year they going to release 3 single. (and maybe 1 album).
    - another 2-shot event in last quarter this year.
    D0QAaRhVsAEReJy.jpg large.jpeg
    - BNK48 Sportday in August.
    - New stage and New team in this year.

Doucumentary
    D0P6DsBUcAMxH9o.jpg large.jpeg

• 2nd Documentary "Real me" directed by Donut Manatsanun. (Sep 2019)
    TV Program
    D0P4oA_U0AAM7Hw.jpg large.jpeg

• BNK48 Story [60 EP.] airing in Cambodia, Laos. Myanmar, China (Mar 2019)
    Films
    D0P5iUnU8AI74VM.jpg large.jpeg D0P5m0QUwAAuerP.jpg large.jpeg

• The sisters [Mewnich]
    • Where we belong [Jennis, Music, Pupe, Panda, Namnueng, Tarwaan, Faii, Orn] directed by Kongdej Jaturanrasamee (May 2019)
    • Thi Baan The Series x BNK48 [Mobile, Noey, Kaew, Pupe, Namsai , Namnueng, Tarwaan, Kaimook] (Jul 2019)
    Mobile games
    D0P60P3VAAA1FVC.jpg large.jpeg D0P7r71UwAAQeJV.jpg D0P7ulhVsAEZzFF.jpg

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    This is amazing news in so many ways.
    Building on and cementing the first two generations and their position in the industry, supporting and boosting their careers with more films and TV shows (oh WOW at Panda in a film, this is huge and I love it!) and allowing them to promote themselves and the group without it becoming crowded/oversaturated.
    Further collaboration with other sister groups - this is something that they seem to have done successfully so far, so I am happy with that.
    Another documentary - after the success of the first one, this can only be a positive and while I haven't seen the first one, I look forward to being able to watch them both! The documentary gave them even more exposure and praise if I remember correctly, so bring it. Show us another side of them.

One of the (many) things I truly love about BNK is the management style. A potential scandal? Let's address it on a FB live. A member causes outrage? Let's learn from it and educate them. 2019 plans? Here ya go, some transparency.
    Do we know if they will hold any more of these kind of 'We talk to you' events in the future? Because they are bloody brilliant.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    Event END.

Let's hope Girls don't cry is not region lock on Netflix. lol

I think no matter how hard manager team improve fans they still not satisfied. and try the way to blame them.
    about "we talk to you" I think they gonna hold it annually.

13. welp

welp Next Girls

More details
    - BNK Story will be 60 episodes long. The target of the show is to attract new fans from neighboring countries and aspirants to apply the audition.
    - The BNK48 Foundation will kick off with the sale of Cherprang figurine, cost 9,900 THB each and limited to 999 pieces. The income earned will go to the foundation.

[oversize image - too long]

- More staffers recruited including psychologist, medical staffer, guard and lawyer.
    - The series One Year has sold to foreign countries.
    - Members to play in the comedic film Thaibaan are Kaimook, Mobile, Pupe, Namneung, Noey, Tawaan, Kaew, Namsai
    - The solo concert is the concert of a member. Not yet announced which member.
    - Member produced concert.
    - Handshake e-ticket to be introduced.
    - B-side track of 6th single is Kimi no Koto ga Suki Dakara

The member to get solo concert is expected to be Kaew as she told her fans to save money. Anyway, it will be officially announced 31st next month.

In Where We Belong, aside from Jennis and Music, others may have minor roles.
    I find Donut questionable as director.
    I disagree about transparency and the explanation from the agency's rep often is unclear. Yet, I agree with an wota's opinion that RAM is far better than AKS in treating the member as human, not just replaceable product.
    This We Talk to You event is kind of the press con of yearly plan. Likely, it will be such event yearly.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 2
  14. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    Man the announcements are amazing :worthy:

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. PunShark

PunShark Kenkyuusei

I can confirm that BNK48: Girls Don't Cry is coming to USA netflix this Friday. I'm so happy that I will get to watch it finally.

I also read somewhere that One Year the series' right has been bought by many countries. BNK office really tries to make a push for oversea market.

16. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    I have just checked and BNK48: Girls Don't Cry is also going to be on UK Netflix from 01st March.
    I know what I am going to be watching that day then!!!! <3

17. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    Video from yesterday.

BNK48 We Talk to You

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Wow! So many announcements! And of course, the first figurine is Cherprang. Lol. I'll never be able to afford her. T_T Thanks so much for translating everything!

19. welp

welp Next Girls

The info on medical staff was wrong. RAM is not hiring medical staffers but has made a deal with a hospital to provide health care to members.

Synopsis of Thaibaan
    8 members of BNK were assigned to release a "molam" single thus, they headed to a remote village in the northeast to absorb the culture and properly deliver molam. The key point of the flim is to see city girls adjusting into rustic livelihood and culture.

Molam is a folk music of the northeast. This is how it sounds like.

it's interesting if those girls will release original molam ost. for the film.

One Year is done by the studio GDH who has strong foreign following.

Meanwhile, Mewnich's film, Sisters, is done by Sahamongkolfilm, the king of Thai action film and Pratya Pinkaew, directed some famous action films. The film likely too will be sold to oversea distributors.

20. Hamster2443

Hamster2443 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I’m so exited for new team, Team NV, and new stage. BNK48 sport day on August. I can’t wait to see it.:banana::1st: