1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Keyakizaka46 8th [Kuroi Hitsuji] (2019/02/27)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Xiphyas

Xiphyas Next Girls

Oshimen:
    みなさん 美玖をお寿司かない
    That store is TSUTAYA in Shibuya-ku.

=====================================================================================

Apple iTunes special art work and artist image.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

iTunes album website.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  2. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

A few more photos from Shibuya: this time from Tower Records (2), HMV (2, I think) Tsutaya (1):

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thank to @Xiphyas for ID'ing Shibuya Tsutaya: it's the only one of the three I've spent time in, but I couldn't identify it clearly. Furage day is long over, and we're after noon on the official release day. I wonder when we will get figures for Tuesday sales.

3. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I missed it, too, but there was a guerilla Showroom for the release. Posted on YouTube an hour ago (I just replaced the link with a better one that has the whole 37-minute show):

if the video does not show watch the video here

Who do you see at the back there? Could it be?

Described on 5ch as a "godly broadcast". Shii-chan, Mii-chan, Techi, Pon and Nijika. They began the broadcast with their hands covering their faces, then revealed. Happy times.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

EDIT: An actual full-throated laugh of delight from Techi at about 22:25. Laughing at something Pon was telling her. It took her a while to build up to this, but she eventually started voluntarily speaking up, involved in the conversation. She was at the back with those two seniors and friends of hers up front to protect her. Conversations about the MV. Each unboxing a disk and commenting about photos, etc. Techi being given the one that'a all her own face. Remembering arm movements from previous singles. Techi being surprised by some of them. She did seem quiet at first, but then livened up when they started talking about dance moves. Show was very natural and conversational. Great work by Shii-chan, who guided the conversation.

• Like Like x 10
  4. ZenigameX

ZenigameX Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanimarika
    Oricon 1st day: 545,235 (previous single 1st day: 602,043)
    Billboard (Soundscan) 1st day: 535,236 (previous single 1st day: 621,074)

Weaker 1st day sales as expected, but following days should be strong, as well as the few upcoming weeks since all 3 national HS dates are quite soon.

• Informative Informative x 5
  5. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    I'm not too disappointed in the sales, I expected a drop bc of Hinata and the graduations and it isn't that big. Interesting that Oricon is reporting slightly higher sales. Can't help but wonder what kind of difference would have been if Techi participated in handshakes.

• Like Like x 2
  6. kazu55

kazu55 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    wakatsukiyumi
    Twitter:
    MacRedmoon
    Yeah, the whole Hinata thing surely would hit the sales quite a bit.

7. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    but aren't they still doing HS in this single...? Around 12 slots for all ex-Hiraganas?

8. hibana

hibana Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Tamura Hono
    also imaizumi and manaka, now graduated, were among the most popular keyaki members (especially zuumin being a hs top-seller). yone had her own fans as well, all these factors are reflected

• Like Like x 2
  9. Yuipuri

Yuipuri Kenkyuusei

Yes, but before they all have 24 slots.

• Useful Useful x 2
  10. Hiraishin

Hiraishin Member

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Expected sales. Still good to me. Maybe next single they will doing 30 slots for 1st gen.
    Does anyone know why oricon number sales is higher than billboard? I'm suprised.

11. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Do we have more comparisons from past singles?

12. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    And second gen will surely be given HS slots as well, gotta push them eventually. It was a good move for them to drop Gana's 24 slots to 12, it makes the shift from Kanji/Gana to Keyaki/Hinata a lot smoother in terms of sales. Seems to me that management finally thought it through which is great! The sales are expected so I'm happy with it, the single is (for me) the best one collectively since Garasu and Futari, and the girls have virtually sold out all their slots sans maybe 3 people, so I'm beyond satisfied. Keyaki and Sakamichi will continue to be strong this year, if not stronger than the last.

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. Hamasaki90

Hamasaki90 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    Here are the past IHS sales from the previous releases:
    No/Single Title/Sold Out Slot/Available Slot/First Day Sales
    1. Silent Majority 265/341/191,203
    2. Sekai ni Wa etc 362/422/250,523
    3. Futari Sezon 546/603/353,640
    4. Fukyouwaon 618/677/456,518
    5. Kaze ni Fukaretemo 660/710/483,985
    6. Garasu wo Ware 774/831/638,802
    7. Ambivalent 768/861/602,043
    8. Kuroi Hitsuji 604/612/545,235

Anyway, Kuroi Hitsuji was 6th and 2nd yesterday and today, respectively, on itunes japan chart.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    I wonder what's the best parameter of success.

Number of views on Youtube?
    Number of sales?
    Number of views on showroom?

In a full digital era, still having physical copy is a waste of resources. I personally now disregard Oricon as valuable info of a group popularity.

Number of music streamed from music platform should be a better indicator of Keyaki doing well imo. Or should i say, i wish to be this way.

It takes courage to rethink the business model, but i'm afraid management will stick to copies sold because you appear on music ranking thanks to that.

• Disagree Disagree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Sam_E

Sam_E Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    野口衣織
    Twitter:
    SamuelEdwards
    This is definitely an important statistic to look at but idol fans care too much about the bonus content for it to be the best parameter of success. There's also the benefit of higher audio quality when buying CDs for people who care about that.

16. makimaki93

makimaki93 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    I'm happy with whatever sales the K46 girls get, and I hope the girls are too.

Curious, do we know when they'll add KuroHitsu to US-itunes? How soon after release was Ambivalent added?

17. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    The full digital what? I’m sorry but this is not Kpop. Physical sales are and will still thrive in Japan’s music industry that’s just the way it is. Even in the West physicals still hold great relevance although the streaming era has taken prominence.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  18. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php/Oricon#Keyakizaka46

There's also this (8 singles, left to right, first day, click to enlarge):
    [​IMG]

In looking at that Stage48 Oricon page, I realized that in one day, this song has outsold the entire history of Silent Majority. Just to make me feel better that this is a reasonable result. Wednesday results will be extremely interesting. You can see previous Wednesday results on that Oricon page.

19. Hamasaki90

Hamasaki90 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    Oricon recently introduced new chart which combine CD+Digital Download+Streaming, not to mention physical sales contribute over 70% of the music industry in Japan (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_music_industry_market_share_data) I just don't get your point on undermining the relevancy of Oricon as a mean to gauge Keyaki popularity
    Well, I don't also buy the argument that spotify streaming and youtube views as the most valuable parameters to gauge the group popularity as 1) access is free 2) geoblocking.

• Like Like x 2
  20. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    i see a lot of disagreement. It's a good opportunity to elaborate and start a debate

How many of us still use CD to listen to music? I mean on a macro scale, not our individual neighbor.
    What's the most trending topic, the oricon chart or people sharing the youtube MV and commenting on it
    Why not both digital and physical sales? Because the resources footprint between digital and physical are not comparable. And we all know we massively buy for handshake. It's about business and we discard more efficient option available. My point is, the resources we spend on making the same pile of physical copies of CD could be invest somewhere else. I don't know.... a netflix platform for idols? DMM does that with theater performance, and showroom has idol appearance. Add new content and new revenue?

I'm very open to other opinions that aren't mine. But i'm skeptical on the "way it is" one. It reminds me of Yamaguchi mao's case. The whole thing could have happened at other time of the 30 years old ilifespan idol industry. But i don't think it's a good reason to accept it.

• Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2