1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Keyakizaka46 8th [Kuroi Hitsuji] (2019/02/27)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 14, 2019.

1. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

The reason to keep going as now is so that comparisons to the past can be more equivalent. The reason for a mix -- as Billboard has long done and Oricon may or may not be beginning to -- is for accuracy of reporting current popularity. I think the second approach is inescapable now, so the real question is how to weight the various forms of sales. I guess they will weight them in a way that helps companies determine how much money they can make. People will buy music in the form they personally find best, and companies will watch and listen and conform. That page linked to by @Hamasaki90 is very interesting, showing how much money each form of distribution makes in a number of different countries.

Is the main Oricon chart we see now still based entirely on physical sales? Or have they folded in some digital sales, as I thought they were going to? If they have changed it in some way, has it ceased to be a good comparison for current and past sales?

2. Isaac H

Isaac H Member Stage48 Donor

I guess I can chip in for @gocchisama 's topic.

I don’t know how the idol industry works, analytics, metrics of success, etc…I’m just a simple fan. So my answers below are purely my personal views.

Compact Disc - To be honest, I haven’t buy a CD in…wow, probably since 2009 or so. I feel that a physical CD these days is something that is “nice to have” not really “must have”. It’s worth owning if it’s a special edition kind of thing, with some additional/extra valuable contents to go with it. But in the context of idol…I’m maybe wrong, but CD purchases are related to HS events, yes? So while it’s not my preferred option, I can understand why it’s still alive and well.

Digital download (iTunes) - my go-to option for my Sakamichi music cravings. Paying for digital downloads is my small way of supporting the idol groups that I love (aside from buying member photobooks). I don’t always have internet line for streaming, so I would like to have the digital files stored and backed-up somewhere ready to be loaded onto my various devices (phone, USB drive in my car, PC, etc).

Streaming (in my case, Spotify) - the most convenient option, provided there’s wi-fi. At work, this is my primary source of music and podcast listening. However…the Spotify streaming model may not benefit artists/podcasters financially (Steven Tyler of Aerosmith had said so in a podcast interview). In terms of exposure, sure. That’s a benefit.

Times change, and with it how we consume entertainment changes as well. I don’t actually watch TV these days, I have my fill of entertainment from my Netflix app and WWE Network. As long as you’re enjoying the songs from idols you love, whatever platform….whatever channel or media, I believe it’s all good. The love & support is all that matters.

• Like Like x 2
  3. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    For "songs poularity" japanese Billboard chart is surely more reliable than the Oricon chart.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Silent Majority is basically a classic, and a hit song on its own right. When it came out, nobody had heard of Keyakizaka46, so low sales numbers. Imagine if Silent Majority didn't debut until the next (9th single). I could bet money it would probably sell close to 1 million on its first day.

5. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    Hmm.. I don't know, we might not have the same image (exact same degree) as Keyakizaka46 has right now and the public wouldn't be as impressed with Keyakizaka46 and as hooked as they are now. If they debuted with SekaAi, I believe they would take longer to get to where they are right now when they debuted with Silent Majority. We could maybe reach 1 mil on the long run, but first day or first week, I don't think that would happen. I believe taking out Silent Majority from their beginning story would make a different storyline and who knows, perhaps we would have or they would go for a different image of the group if they didn't debut with Silent Majority...

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. ZenigameX

ZenigameX Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanimarika
    Oricon Day 2 sales: 106,976 (652,211)

Oricon now has a weekly overall chart (different from weekly physical) that combines physical, digital and streaming. The numbers are additive and expressed as 'points'.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Keyakizaka46's 8th single (Kuroi Hitsuji) 5th round HS sales result
    rank. (prev. rank.) sold slots/total slots (+change) member name

01. (01.) 24/24 (+00) Uemura Rina (1st round sold out!)
    01. (01.) 24/24 (+00) Koike Minami (1st round sold out!)
    01. (01.) 24/24 (+00) Kobayashi Yui (1st round sold out!)
    01. (01.) 24/24 (+00) Sugai Yuuka (1st round sold out!)
    01. (01.) 24/24 (+00) Nagasawa Nanako (1st round sold out!)
    01. (01.) 24/24 (+00) Nagahama Neru (1st round sold out!)
    01. (01.) 24/24 (+00) Watanabe Rika (1st round sold out!)
    01. (01.) 24/24 (+00) Watanabe Risa (1st round sold out!)
    09. (09.) 24/24 (+00) Habu Mizuho (2nd round sold out!)
    09. (09.) 24/24 (+00) Moriya Akane (2nd round sold out!)
    09. (09.) 24/24 (+00) Suzumoto Miyu (2nd round sold out!)
    09. (09.) 24/24 (+00) Ozeki Rika (2nd round sold out!)
    13. (13.) 24/24 (+00) Sato Shiori (3rd round sold out!)
    14. (14.) 24/24 (+00) Saito Fuyuka (4th round sold out!)
    15. (15.) 24/24 (+01) Oda Nana (5th round sold out!)
    16. (16.) 22/24 (+04) Ishimori Nijika
    17. (17.) 12/12 (+00) Kakizaki Memi (1st round sold out!)
    17. (17.) 12/12 (+00) Kato Shiho (1st round sold out!)
    17. (17.) 12/12 (+00) Kanemura Miku (1st round sold out!)
    17. (17.) 12/12 (+00) Kawata Hina (1st round sold out!)
    17. (17.) 12/12 (+00) Kosaka Nao (1st round sold out!)
    17. (17.) 12/12 (+00) Saito Kyoko (1st round sold out!)
    17. (17.) 12/12 (+00) Sasaki Mirei (1st round sold out!)
    17. (17.) 12/12 (+00) Takamoto Ayaka (1st round sold out!)
    17. (17.) 12/12 (+00) Nibu Akari (1st round sold out!)
    17. (17.) 12/12 (+00) Higashimura Mei (1st round sold out!)
    17. (17.) 12/12 (+00) Matsuda Konoka (1st round sold out!)
    17. (17.) 12/12 (+00) Miyata Manamo (1st round sold out!)
    17. (17.) 12/12 (+00) Watanabe Miho (1st round sold out!)
    30. (30.) 12/12 (+00) Ushio Sarina (2nd round sold out!)
    30. (30.) 12/12 (+00) Tomita Suzuka (2nd round sold out!)
    30. (30.) 12/12 (+00) Hamagishi Hiyori (2nd round sold out!)
    30. (30.) 12/12 (+00) Sasaki Kumi (2nd round sold out!)
    34. (34.) 12/12 (+00) Takase Mana (4th round sold out!)
    35. (35.) 12/12 (+01) Iguchi Mao (5th round sold out!)
    Total: 610/612 (+6 since 4th round) [99.7%]
    Kanji total: 382/384 (+5) [99.5%]
    Hinatazaka total: 228/228 (+1) [100%]

Hinata 1st Gen: 120/120 (+1) [100%]
    Hinata 2nd Gen: 108/108 (+0) [100%]
    691/810 (- 81) last single (increase/decrease over 7th single 5th round)

• Winner Winner x 4
  8. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Day 2 sales are the third-highest day 2 in the history of Sakamichi. Here are the five 2nd days with sales over 100,000 (source):

Ambivalent 118,984
    Harujion (Nogi) 113,820
    Kuroi Hitsuji 106,976
    Kaerimiichi (Nogi) 105,635
    Synchronicity (Nogi) 102,038

Now for day 3....

Sounds about right. I just meant that times had changed and here we are at a pretty high level already, so I don't have to feel bad about sales. Not saying this is superior. SaiMajo is definitely a classic. It made this group.

Handshake sales are fantastic: everybody but Nijika sold out. Some lucky applicants are going to get Nijika tickets now. Thanks for the post, @EinhanderX.

@ZenigameX -- Thanks for the info. I'll look for the new chart. Since it's expressed in points, maybe they can normalize it to be equivalent to past results and go on from there.

EDIT: Not sure about the timing, but now there are reports that the song is doing very well in digital downloads: #1 on LINE and AWA, #2 on iTunes, #5 on Apple Music. This is apparently high for an idol song and suggests sales could extend.

EDIT: Fukase of Sekai no Owari says that watching Kuroi Hitsuji made the tears stream down his face. "How wonderful!" he said.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 3
  9. ganyabubrown

ganyabubrown Kenkyuusei

fyi, Kuroi Hitsuji already on spotify

• Like Like x 5
  10. Meiji Ishin

Meiji Ishin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    The Billboard chart is a better indicator of how popular a song is in Japan since it combines physical sales, downloads, streaming and radio airplay. Here is the link to the 2018 year end chart.
    https://www.billboard.com/charts/year-end/2018/japan-hot-100
    It's a different picture than looking at physical sales only, most interestingly Silent Majority comes in at 47 that song has some ridiculous staying power.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Really hoping that Nijika is able to sell out those two slots.

I think it would be the first time a 48/46 single is 100% booked?

12. Isaac H

Isaac H Member Stage48 Donor

After a couple of days anxiously waiting, the single* is finally out on iTunes! Yay, instant purchase. Also, out on Spotify as mentioned above by @ganyabubrown. It's gonna be a good day listening to this single at work today. :)

*not sure what the "Special Edition" entails, but it's alright by me.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  13. Xiphyas

Xiphyas Next Girls

Oshimen:
    みなさん 美玖をお寿司かない
    If nobody uses CD's to listen music, then why the music CD still exists?. Thanks to the CD's many people have access to different content. Not all the countries are the "first world" (sorry but I personally hate that term), I have visited countries with high poverty and I known families without internet access and uses CD players to listen to the music that they have bought and that I give them.

Also, thanks to the CD's sadly the piracy exists but I hate to admit... the piracy helped a lot to know about certain music or groups. And all of us consume piracy almost without realizing it.

In my case, I love to collect music. I have hundreds of vinyl, cassettes and CD and there is many people here and worldwide who do the same. I know 8 on my groups who do the same and I go out with 2 of my city to "hunt" music. (Actually I had some problems with my girfriend on the begining hehe).

On Keyakizaka46 and other idol groups, those sales help the groups too. All the goods related to the groups, helps a lot and there is small idol groups who depends of their low sales.

A CD is like a children for the artist, is a reflection of their hard work they want to share. Is their love... just look at the artist eyes when they promoting their CD.

I feel bad when someone disrespect the hard work... all the tears and injuries.

Here are people who buy many copies and give it to those who can not buy (I also know people who give it with HS ticket also).

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Listened to everything on spotify in the really good sound quality I can get from my phone. It's by far my favourite A-side since 2016. The bass isn't as overdone as I felt on first listen.

15. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Listening to the single for awhile now and the single is pretty solid. My fav song is definitely "Nobody" tho. I constantly have it on repeat.

16. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu

if the video does not show watch the video here

They finally add Kuroi Hitsuji mv to their youtube channel

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. ZenigameX

ZenigameX Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanimarika
    Day 3 sales: 33,348 (685,559)

• Informative Informative x 2
  18. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    I really want a full performance of Kuroi Hitsuji (particularly for Techi's solo line). Is there a possibility they'll go to AKB48 Show before it's done?

• Like Like x 2
  19. ZenigameX

ZenigameX Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanimarika
    Day 4 sales: 25,714 (711,273)

20. cotd

cotd Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Maybe it's an impossible wish, but I pray for 1M sales for the first week :worthy:

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Old Old x 1