1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Takahashi Juri (Juri) / 12th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Lariemeeva, May 27, 2011.

1. Vellum

Vellum Kenkyuusei

Get ready about Juri's dating news with kpop idol, ahahaha

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  2. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    it's kinda similar to when experienced basketball/ice hockey players from Europe get an offer from NBA/NHL - you sacrifice your safe star status (and some money at first) for having to start completely anew as a total nobody in a place where everyone around you has top top skills. Also no matter how hard you are then trying, you might just find yourself in the worst possible team at the worst possible time and it all might end up disastrously without you ever even getting a proper chance to show what you got. But in the end everyone who receives such offer at least gives it a shot, because it's the ultimate dream of every player to compete at the highest level and on the biggest stage.

well, the players have it much easier - they always have somewhere to return when things don't work out. On the other hand sometimes having to burn all the bridges is blessing in disguise. gl Juri:flower:

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 5
  3. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    I'm sorry I'm a little confused here. So, Juri, a well known member of AKB48, senbatsu member, gets elected very high on the regular, wants to quit to join a K-pop group?? I can't imagine there is any safety net in all of this. I mean I get the point is to take risks, but she's solid in AKB. I'm sure she would be fine post-graduation too in Japan with her fanbase. Truly fascinating tbh. I get if someone like Myao would try this tbh, but it seems like such a high risk low reward situation for someone in Juri's position.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Asuka Loves Walls

Asuka Loves Walls Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    IKR? Practically, it is a huge risk, but I dunno, most people romanticize the idea of "chasing your dreams" and there's no problem with that. It's her life, her decision after all, and all we can do now is just witness what will happen, whether we like it or not.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. kero__kero

kero__kero Upcoming Girls

what safety net post-akb are we talking about? a radio show? a lot of members post-akb careers have tailed off as soon as they started. if akb paid well, she would've never announced grad. that goes for a lot of the higher profile names. she's only 21, she has her whole life ahead of her. if the kpop idol thing doesnt work out, she can still have some sort of career in japan, but she obviously wants to prolong her idol career, and now she can work with a new fanbase, including japanese kpop fans.

akb /48g was and is suppose to be a stepping stone for an idol's career. it's suppose to be a gateway for whatever the idol wants to pursue in the entertainment industry. it was never meant to be an idol's final destination (although a lot of the girls do end their idol careers after grad). juri wants to be a kpop idol and akb helped her pursue that dream.

• Agree Agree x 21
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    I agree with u honestly. I personally don't get the idea behind leaving an idol group to go join another idol group when she did so well in AKB. And as far as I know it's not easy to really "make it" in a k-pop group unless u get lucky or have a good backing. I have no idea what Woolim can offer for her. Lovelyz seems to be doing alright (not sure they've gotten paid yet tho). I know Infinite is/was solid as a group. Pretty much all I know about that company lol. I guess all I can do is watch on the side and see her succeed.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Riot1

Riot1 Next Girls

She's actually well-received by Korean fans.
    Coming from websites like Nate and TheQoo, she's getting a lot of support.
    Among the Japanese contestants of PD48, she's one of the most likable trainees.

The actual risk for her isn't about her popularity but how Woollim will handle her debut group.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    I think we (just as any community) are divided about "risk-taking" .
    For me, in this kind of scenarios, better to regret doing something rather than regret doing nothing.

She is still young and it's the best time to do it now rather than later in age!

Either way, Juri is doing what I/we came to love her for: boldness, self-challenging and determination. It's all in keeping with her personality!

Now I am more curious what send-off is she going to get and when. Its an unusual scenario and one probably not encountered before? Switching countries and agencies (PD48 and IZONE not withstanding)

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. trxsh

trxsh Member

Because she wants to?

But really, she expressed how much she admires Korean idols while she was on PD48, I think she just wants the opportunity to perform at a higher level and expand her horizons. She's a Kpop fan so it's probably more fun for her to perform songs that she enjoys more as well.

It might be the case that there are a lot of nugu groups in Korea but I think she achieved all she can in AKB, and AKB isn't quite what it used to be either as we all know. Doing well in AKB is a great accomplishment but she was far from becoming recognized by the younger generation with just AKB.

I hope she does well too though. There are mixed opinions here but I'm excited for her Korean debut :blush:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Rashbell

Rashbell Member

Oshimen:
    satoshiori
    don't know anything about Woolim aside from produce series, but do they let their artist audition or enter in drama/acting jobs? all I heard so far is all about idols and artist who prioritized singing/dancing, it'll be great if they let/allow Juri to take up acting since it was one of her dream or goal that AKS didn't let her aside from those AKS produce drama, (Snow Princess was an exception though).

• Like Like x 2
  11. Riot1

Riot1 Next Girls

I translated some comments from a matome site.
    So far, the J-comments are all positive about Juri's decision.

2019/03/04 22:03
    Is Shiroma and Shitao still scouting for agencies?

2019/03/04 22:13
    Eh? Really? Juri to Woollim? I'm glad!
    She'll be with Eunbi and Chaewon!
    I never imagined she'll move from AKS to a Korean company.
    If that's the case, I wonder if Shitao could move too... please...
    Anyway, I'll be cheering for Juri!

2019/03/04 22:13
    She must be ready to debut.
    All what's left is her group. This is exciting! Do your best!

2019/03/04 22:27
    Juri became better since PD48.
    She's following and advancing well.

2019/03/04 22:48
    I'll be cheering for Juri!

2019/03/04 22:49
    She improved a lot since PD48. It will be a difficult path for her as an idol there but the fans are looking forward with her debut in Woollim.

2019/03/04 22:54
    There must be a lot of difficult times for her since PD48 ended.
    It's nice to chase your dream after establishing her career in the 48G. Do your best!

2019/03/04 22:55
    She could join Everglow (YueHua's first girl group with Sihyun and Yiren)
    If you think of it, there's no problem for her joining.
    She'll just drop Mirai Monster. I want her to have a good debut!

2019/03/04 22:59
    I heard visuals is important in Korea. They have hellish lessons there and her debut is unexpectedly fast. It's also late for Takeuchi to prepare (for Korean debut).

2019/03/04 23:02
    She's a really nice girl, I want her to make a good debut.
    There's a lot of hurdles with learning the language but I'll be supporting you!

2019/03/04 23:51
    She did her best and a lot of people actually got disappointed that she didn't made it in the final line-up in PD48. K-pop is quite popular with the Japanese because they could feel it with their hearts. Juri is a hard working person and her language skills is good. I wish her to do well and will support her!

2019/03/04 23:56
    Juri is an earnest and hard-working person. I want both Japanese and Korean fans to support her.

2019/03/05 00:00
    Congratulations! PD48 is impressive. This will affect a lot of people.

2019/03/05 01:12
    Congrats to Egg (Juri)! I'm glad she's in Woollim. There's a potential if they'll do variety with Eunbi and Yena. We will be able to see a different Juri. Her determination to face challenges is really good. Do your best!

2019/03/05 02:00
    I supported Juri in PD48! I'm glad she'll be going to Korea!

2019/03/05 02:44
    She must have kept in touch with Yena after PD48. They probably talked a lot.

2019/03/05 04:47
    I want her to do her best!

2019/03/05 08:24
    In her first interview in PD48, she talked about her passion for Korean entertainment. Congrats on taking the first step to achieve your dream!

2019/03/05 09:19
    I want to see all those who participated in PD48 gather in to one stage. It'll make some noise!

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  12. icecream

icecream Kenkyuusei

So everyone in kpop has top top skills? [hehe] maybe it's just me but you dont need to follow kpop that close to know there are dozens of groups with unskilled members (but beautiful, always beautiful! :flower:). I didn't watch the whole pd48 thing but I was actually surprised that not only kpop fans, which is understandable, but even judges thought akb system (with the raw performances and untrained regular girls) is the only kind of group in japan...like they don't know there are groups like E-Girls por example??

Even you (I don't know you so maybe you are pretty skilled) can reach an ok level in performance with enough training so that means barely all the 48 girls are capable for that if they have the visuals (the important thing here).

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  13. sungjong

sungjong Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hirate Yurina
    i've liked Juri in AKB, but i'm excited for her next phase in life as a k-pop idol! :cute:
    i anticipated she'd train while Woollim wait for IZONE's Eunbi/Chaewon, and then debut Juri with that group, but current reports are saying something sooner

Following Takahashi Juri's graduation from AKB48 and recent contract sign to Woollim Entertainment, Woollim confirms that Juri has signed to the agency and are preparing to be debut a new girl group within this year which will include Juri
    sources: @balloon_wanted; Naver

14. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    While I agree with your post, I do have an evidence-supported hypothesis that AKB member is paid quite well. This isn't a place to put those evidence, but I do believe that someone of Juri level must have been paid at least JPY500,000 a month, probably quite a bit more.

• Like Like x 2
  15. rmn89

rmn89 Member

woah this is exciting change for her.

and i guess this makesthe next akb48's aachan vs yuko and mayu vs sashi is

naachan vs mion?

(tomu ranked higher but sadly, i doubt the management take her seriously)

16. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I have to agree with this one. The example I know about is Nishino Miki who claimed she had no problems paying rent for a $2k USD apartment while she was an AKB member. Juri ranked a lot higher than her, has two gens more experience than Miki, and is an AKB Captain so her salary should be higher than whatever comfortable salary Miki was earning.

I do think Juri gave up a much more stable income in Japan than what she will make in Korea. At the same time, it also depends what type of contract she signed with Woollim. It shouldn't be jumped to conclusions she signed a trainee contract.

I know a lot of people on Stage skipped out on Produce 48, but I want to say that I think Juri is convincing as a Kpop idol. Juri struggled for most of the time she was there, but towards the end she got it together. This is the performance where a lot of people felt Juri could make it in Kpop. It's also where people picked up on the "Egg Rapper" title for Juri.

if the video does not show watch the video here

17. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Not familiar with Lovelyz's acting jobs but I think four members of Infinite were on drama/acting jobs. Three of those four have a lot of dramas under their belt. With the amount of dramas from TV and also web dramas in Korea right now, I think she can score a role as long as she's popular enough and is good at acting.

---

I'm honestly really happy for Juri for taking the leap into something different for her career. It's a high risk move but if it feeds her passion as an idol, it's all good. She already has a steady following (hopefully they don't leave her) so I think that's an added benefit to the group that she'll debut in. Hope she gets to perform in other countries and get to experience good stuff she hasn't experienced before.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    There was a quite long Mobame this morning, but I will just translate this one sentence from it.

"I think that this is one of the decisions I will definitely regret my whole life if I didn't take it."

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  19. welp

welp Next Girls

Korean netizens' comments on the news of Juri going K-pop (all neutral to positive)
    Nate (known as the site of crazy fangirls)
    https://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2019/03/produce-48-takahashi-juri-signs-with.html
    1. [+348, -25] She's the most likable out of all the Japanese members. She has a lot of interest in Korea and works hard~ If she's under Woollim now, she'll probably debut with Chaewon and Eunbi ㅎㅎ

2. [+281, -19] I was always sad that Juri never got picked ㅜㅜ this is great!!

3. [+223, -21] The way she talks is addictive

4. [+36, -1] I remember her being in the top 10 out of the hundreds of AKB members ㅋㅋ It's like the main member of a top girl group leaving to debut as a rookie in another country ㅋㅋ That takes a lot of bravery

5. [+26, -2] She'll probably debut with Eunbi and Chaewon once IZ*ONE promos are over

6. [+26, -2] She's good at Korean, has a positive personality... wishing her luck in Korea

7. [+23, -2] Juri has talent and good visuals too

8. [+22, -2] Wait, Takahashi Juri? She's a super popular member in AKB, though... more popular than Yabuki Nako;;;; why would she quit all that to debut in Korea? That's daebak... she must really want to be in a K-Pop group.

9. [+21, -2] I wish her the best~ she seems like a kind person

10. [+11, -3] Wow, daebak, totally daebak ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I hope Miho can debut in Korea too!!!!!!!

Naver (fairly balanced demography of users)
    https://story-kpop.blogspot.com/2019/03/knetz-show-support-to-produce48.html
    [​IMG]

(+465,-5) Juri-ya, I will see you soon in Korea ㅠㅠ I miss you

(+199,-3) Juri-ya!!! Is this true? ㅋㅋ

(+162,0) Juri-ya you're coming ㅠㅠ

(+114,0) Juri!! Let's walk on the flower path ♡

(+97,-1) Ah this is so crazy ㅠㅠㅠ

(+12,0) Juri-ya finally ㅠㅠ Let's eat a pot rice with Eunbi and Chaewon!

The Qoo (originally Korean wotas' forum/pro-J-pop forum)
    https://pann-choa.blogspot.com/2019/03/theqoo-takahashi-juri-graduates-from.html
    1. Oh this is so interesting ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. Woollim? Oooohh interesting

3. Woollim? She must've been influenced by the Izone members then. And Juri's Korean is freaking good, congrats congrats

4. Is Woollim hungry after seeing Twice?

5. So Juri got in instead of Hitomiㅋㅋㅋㅠ But I would've never thought of Woollim myself

6. I hope she does well.. I want to see Juri on variety showsㅋㅋㅋ

7. She will be so much prettier with Korean styling

8. Juriㅠㅠ I'm sad that she's graduating but I'll be supporting her Korean debut!!

9. Wow but seriously her age is a gangsterㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ She still has so much time to re-debut

10. I like seeing her hard working side, congrats congrats

I've seen some concerns over Juri's look but I believe she will be fine. In a way, she doesn't meet the beauty standard. She's short and her limbs are exceptionally short. Yet, in another way, she meets. She has sweet and innocent look with sexy twist and, her face also is proportional. Duality is a bomb as idol charisma and she possesses it.

Off topic. A BNK fan found she followed IG account of only 1 BNK's member.
    [​IMG]
    I don't think they ever talked to each other. They can't communicate anyway, the BNK's member can't speak Japanese.

That's something from the grapevine. I don't think there is receipt Big 3's idols (but JYP) get paid well right from the start.

Someone said the agency had 2 hidden female trainees.
    Anyway, Juri's fan better follow the twitter account "woollim_rookie". Juri will later, just like other Woollim's trainees, be prohibited to update her own social media and visible only on Woollim permitted channels.

It doesn't matter anymore. What matters is the opinion of the Korean which is very positive.

Yas. She has courted Yena. But, will Korean media expose homo couple?

I don't think Juri will get a special send-off. She must be well aware she is in controversial position and better not creating any more scene over her departure. Even if she was offered an eventful leave, she must have rejected.

Yes. A bunch of Woollim's idols have landed acting jobs but, Juri must put her expectation extremely low on acting. The Korean is extremely picky on pronunciation and I doubt if she will ever be able to speak Korean like native speaker. Her role will be limited to "foreigner". However, if her group can hit big internationally, she may get some offers from other countries, preferably China.

I doubt it. Didn't she say Team B's member might not ask her, the captain, for food treat, they overestimated her income (yet, she often treated others anyway)?
    Anyway, considering the cost of living in Tokyo, 500,000 yens monthly isn't that high.

This chance is now or never for her.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    I am glad then that we think alike. You have my full support then, my dear :blush:
    (not that you never had anyway...)

Now for the most important part:

1AUD to JPY = 79.24 JPY
    1AUD to KRW = 796.82 KRW....

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2