1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Takahashi Juri (Juri) / 12th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Lariemeeva, May 27, 2011.

1. Maruif

Maruif Member

Oshimen:
    Kokko
    Well there is money in kpop and kpop fans... For example Sakura's Chinese fansite raised 40 000 dollars and bought her birthday ads on times square.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. icecream

icecream Kenkyuusei

The point now is when is Woollim debuting this group. In my last post I mentioned another 2-3 trainees (like kim suyoon and kim sohee) who are way younger than juri and might be "ok" for them to still wait a little more but tbh juri can't.
    According to Juri's words the debut date is already set and it's "soon" but we don't really know when; could be around september ? early 2020 is still "soon"?

We are assuming Woollim is going to add both, Eunbi and Chaewon (IZONE) to the group but they can't obviously just wait until their contract with IZONE ends. Some of you mentioned the possibility of them being active in both groups (izone and this woollim group) but I guess that's going to be around the end of their contract, so 2020.

There's a possibility of debuting them being a subunit until all the members are available. With Juri probably being the older one in that beta phase of the group I just hope Woollim don't waste her with cute concepts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    With how Lovelyz is going I don't think they'll be sticking with cute concepts. Maybe not girl crush but I don't think it's gonna be a cookie cutter cutesy unless Lovelyz undergoes an image change.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. icecream

icecream Kenkyuusei

I don't really know what Lovelyz is actually releasing, I think they are more on the cute side but maybe I'm wrong or was just during their debut era. If they are going to manage 2 girl groups at the same time I guess is better to give them different concepts and their own color.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rashbell

Rashbell Member

Oshimen:
    satoshiori
    • Like Like x 5
  6. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Sorry for very OOT u.u

Actually, despite of lots of "gay" fanservice, majority of koreans are homophobic. Of course now many young gens who are okay with LGBTQ -even there's gay personality like Hong Seokcheon, but lots of elders are conservative and religious. So, if Dispatch expose gay couple, the couple will get very harsh comments especially from conservative k-netz and their careers will be affected too. Hence that's why Dispatch won't reveal their name because they want to protect the couple's reputation and careers.

1. Woollim said that the group will be debuted within this year https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=112&aid=0003138026. My best bet is they will take route like Yeuhua's Everglow (debuted first, then IZ*ONE member will join later).
    2. Chaewon could join later, but I doubt with Eunbi. When IZ*ONE's exclusive contract is over (2021), Eunbi will be 26 y.o. (27 according to Koreans) so it's too old to re-debut her in a group. My best bet is Eunbi will be going solo like Chungha.
    Also noted that IZ*ONE's contract is exclusive for IZ*ONE's activities so it's impossible to make Eunbi and Chaewon to be active in 2 groups until April 2021 (that's why when it's announced, HKT went doomed).
    3. Lovelyz's concept so far is more to mature girly concept (similar to Apink's concept until last year), but since upcoming GG will be debuted within this year, I think Woollim will change Lovelyz's concept to be sexier.

Now, back to Juri's discussion

• Creative Creative x 1
  7. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    To get away from Korea for just a minute, here is some more MJ love.

Screen Shot 2019-03-05 at 8.28.26 PM.png

• Winner Winner x 4
  8. welp

welp Next Girls

I find this pretty interesting
    Woollim's unveiled female trainees, possible teammates
    https://onehallyu.com/topic/774315-...ers-of-woollim-entertainments-new-girl-group/
    Kwon Eunbi (1995)
    Kim Chaewon (200)
    Yoon Soyoon (1998), potential main vocalist

if the video does not show watch the video here
    Kim Suyoon (2001)

Kim Sohee (2003)

It's said, while i-fans were divided, most K-fans believed Eunbi and Chaewon would be added to the group.

Dream Girls was trash, it could sell only because I.O.I. This is fact. The management and marketing also weren't so good at the time.

Surely, that 4 million dollars didn't mean wholly literal physical gifts to Sakura but also included album purchases, merch purchases billboards/subway ads etc. And, the 5,000 dollars gift was canceled mostly. The fan didn't know the custom and gifted her in cash and iPhone. Only the iPhone was accepted but the cash violated the regulation and later donated to a foundation in Wonyoung's name.
    Sakura might generate 4 millions dollars of income but only a fraction of that would go to her pocket. K-pop industry also is extremely costly to operate. Out of that 4 millions, possibly only 100k will go to her pocket.

The data shown in Wiki came from IFPI and is not the accurate way to measure the value of the whole music market of a country. If that data were accurate, Chinese market worthed far lower than Korean one when, in reality, it is evidently the opposite.
    IFPI does not collect the data of TV appearance, event performance and endorsement fees nor concert ticket sales.

Not necessary, some Korean groups are profitable despite non-existent Japanese activities. How many K-pop girl groups do have proper Japanese promotion? Do all others make no money at all?

Juri will be "idol" simple as that. During 5 years, her group possibly can generate over 60 millions dollars to the agency off "idol" activities. (How much out of this is the profit is another subject.) Twice likely generates over 30 millions dollars to JYP yearly.

Rarely any ex-AKB girl, regardless how big she was in the group, receives enough support from old fans to ease her post-graduate path. Most wotas will leave her anyway regardless how she leaves the group. Juri knows there is NO safety net for her or she has not said this was a huge decision that she suffered thinking over and over.

That's what I hope too. Juri doesn't run away from a cute concept to another. Anyway, the trend now is the concept similar to Black Pink, I-DLE or Mamamoo. Hopefully, Woollim will follow the trend. (It's interesting that the trend now is fierce girls and cutie boys.)

• Like Like x 4
  9. StrayDogFreedom

StrayDogFreedom Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Manaka
    I remember when they announced the team shuffles there was a look on Juri's face when they announced someone else as Team A captain that made me think she was not happy about it. Then when she went to Produce48 pretty soon after being named the new Team B captain, I thought "whelp, she's looking to leave". I was one of the fans who thought she was in contention for the General Manager position even though I know better fans have said she wasn't interested in it. When Mako left I figured Juri wasn't going to be far behind.
    Like a few others, I stopped following k-pop for j-pop not too long ago. Although there are still some very talented and great groups, I feel like there isn't as much value in the k-pop market as there once was and the companies seem just as shady as they ever were. But, I can see there being appeal in it's more broad, global focus for the particularly ambitious.
    Juri is one of the best members in the group right now, imo, or I guess was? Not sure if it's more appropriate to use past tense yet. Great personality, tons of charisma and incredibly attractive, it's quite sad she's leaving but if the time comes the time comes. It's unfortunate 48G has seen a bit of a hollowing out in the last year or so of some of their most promising or important members, but I'm sure the new ones will fill in the gaps.
    It's interesting, I recently saw that graduate Kawamura Mahiro from Nogizak46 had joined a foreign girl k-pop group recently as well.

I wish Juri luck pursuing her dream and hope her group is a success.

I personally thought Dream Girls wasn't as bad as everyone else thought but I wanted to like it. Very Very Very was good though without reservations. I.O.I main strength was in their variety skills anyways. Even with their weak discography they could have been a main contender right now had the companies involved been more cooperative. None of the individual members have done nearly as well since leaving. It's a shame. Sejeong, Yoojung, Sohye and Kang Mina in the same group was too much cute for the universe too handle for long I guess :(

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 8
  10. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Psst, a bit off-topic, but Z-Girls is not a K-Pop group, but is heavily inspired by it. :fear:

Well, I am the polar opposite of everyone, I added K-Pop to my J-Pop and I am super excited that she is taking a new journey in her life. Yes, it'll be extremely hard for her, but, what's life without a little bit of hardships? Good luck on your new journey, Juri~ I hope you won't regret every step of the way!

Also, I'll have to look into Woolim Entertainment. I actually did recently found out they were working on a new Girl Group to debut, before Juri announced her graduation. I took a challenge to focus on which new Boy and Girl Groups who were to debut this year.

11. lunakitten

lunakitten Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Woollim could also have the members have solo or sub unit activities until 2021. Some of the Lovelyz members released solo songs before the groups debut and Infinite have had subunits. Maybe they could use that time to find which concept / sound sells the best to increase the chances of having a more successful career.

• Like Like x 1
  12. welp

welp Next Girls

Interesting. Someone found that, 1 month ago, there was comment posted on DC Inside, a Korean forum, sayng Juri got contract offer from Woollim and 2 other 48 girls would debut in Korea, 1 had signed with Lee Seunggi's agency. (Lee Seunggi, a top actor of Korea and the host of Produce 48. His agency is Hook Ent.)
    Most likely, 1 out of the 2 is Takeuchi Miyu, she likely also is the the one signed with Hook. Who is the other one? Someone said the other 1 was an unexpected member. Guesses on the other one are Miyazaki Miho, Asai Nanami, Aramaki Misaki, Murakawa Bibian.

In my opinion, Asai Nanami is a good cast. During Produce 48, she was popular on male dominated DC Inside, especially among Hearthstone players. She has something special to attract gamers, she also is popular on Beat Carnival. It doesn't seem like she will ever be pushed by AKS anyway. She has tall lean body the Korean likes and K-pop can somehow make use of her deep voice.

Later, there can be the ex-48 line in K-pop.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    ^
    Just this isn't the "48 members scouted by Korea" thread. There's a general one for this kind of stuff.
    Also Is it possible for sourcing properly ?
    Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. jenel.f0506

jenel.f0506 Kenkyuusei

Juri is just overwhelmed with the number of her supporters that she got in korea. I think leaving akb is not the best choice for now. Because she already in the senbatsu 1 to 3 years she will be in Kami 7 specially when the old gen graduates. She is gaining a popularity.

Im sad.. because not every girl group in korea has a successful debut.
    But still hoping that she will do best in kpop industry..

. Honestly i didn't notice her in pd48 but when i saw her in akbingo and saw her character.I fell in love with her, but i will support her .

Sent from my Lenovo K10e70 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    back then..i bet no one even the girls themselves has ever thought about joining kpop..with the succes of j-line of twice, sana mina momo, and produce48 act as catalyst, i bet many 48/46 girls quietly eyeing for opportunity.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. welp

welp Next Girls

It is a thread in reddit.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AKB48/comments/axexdd/skorean_rumormills_about_pudugomiproduce48_jpn/
    The wording looks like the poster picked it from somewhere else, possibly twitter. I also saw different user talked about the rumor Miyu had signed with Hook Ent. Miyu will say something about her Korean debut within this month anyway. Let's see if her agency truly is Hook.
    there is a photo attached as receipt you may read it if you can.

[oversize image removed]

It's just a rumor anyway, the source is not necessary. If it has credible source, it won't be just a rumor.

"Juri is just overwhelmed with the number of her supporters that she got in korea.", if true, Juri must be stupid and I don't think so.

What if she ranked in top 7? What will come after that? If it's not now, when? Will a better Korean agency offer her a debut contract every years? This can be her one and last chance to debut in K-pop under a decent agency. Produce 48 has put off her passion to perform as AKB48's member. She has thirsted to go up to the next level as skilled performer and AKB48 can't support her need.

Yes, out of 30+ girl groups debut yearly, only 2-3 groups will make it to the glorious fortune. But, it's not like her chance is zero. K-pop is thriving internationally. Yuihan can only dream of Tokyo Dome but, who knows, Woollim may be able to send Juri to Wembley or Stade de France.

I talked about the guess from K-netizens, not i-netizens. I've not seen netizens predicted Miu would debut in Korea, there were some wishful comments but not prediction.

According to the rumor, those 2 other girls decided to go K-pop since last month, before Juri made announcement. In my opinion, IZ*One's success must have far bigger impact. Juri's future still is hazy and her path may be covered with rose stems and no petals.

Besides, debut promise is rare in K-pop. Most girls to go K-pop will have to undergo cruel training without debut guarantee. That sounds so disheartening.

By the way, there is also a rumor about an Mnet's survival show to include Sakamichi girls. The show is Idol School 46 to be aired this Dec. This rumor seemingly started in Weibo so, the credibility is questionable. Yet, Hiragana Keyakizaka won an award at Mnet Asian Music Awards last year and some of them showed some love to IZ*One.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2019
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    LOL I can't believe this thread becomes... IZ*ONE thread 2.0 :fp:

Enough with bunch of rumors. This is Juri's thread, not Kpop nor Sakamichi thread. So, why you don't post that rumor to Nogi/Keyaki/Hinata/Yoshimotozaka's general thread (and got eaten up by elitist 46G wota)??

Now back to topic :flower:

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 4
  18. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

There have been some concerns that posts about Kpop and the career landscape as an idol in Korea are off-topic. Now that Juri has chosen to go to Korea and participate in an idol group there, posts about the struggles she may encounter while walking her chosen path are very much on topic for her thread. However, let's not forget it is the Juri thread, so try to keep the Kpop discourse specifically centered on Juri.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Orangerafi

Orangerafi Member

Oshimen:
    SeichanKomiharuMiionMacharin

That's so nice to know that Aki-P and the staff backed Juri on her decision and they even know and supported her when she signed the contract with the Korean company. AKB48 still really live on it's purpose as the stepping stone for girls to challenge themselves and pursue their dreams.

• Like Like x 6
  20. Rashbell

Rashbell Member

Oshimen:
    satoshiori
    There's no problem regarding Aki-P, especially the staffs, Aki-P supports the girl's decision, as far as I know, the only one he blocked(delayed) her graduation was Aachan. (this is on another topic so I won't elaborate it and only tell that I had read it somewhere last year, so it might not be true). As for the staff, I'm thinking that they just automatically respond to the older gen girls about graduation since they need to push the newer generation. less older gen from senbatsu means more room for their pushed newer gen, as Juri, if what i think was right, is within top 10, might as well be in top 5 but a less priority from mngt. list. (this is my side of thoughts and my overthinking things :p)

they could also let Juri enter Kpop for the group to be as well recognize. if she made news in SK, there will be an 先AKB48 link to her name and may track her record there and 48G will be known to newer market and fans. (but who might not know the 48G brand when there is I*Zone though :p)

it's just my opinions though,

*is this on another topic? I don't roam around the forum and just hang out on my watch thread though, so I'm sorry if it is.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1