1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Takahashi Juri (Juri) / 12th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Lariemeeva, May 27, 2011.

1. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    FYI, Jiwaru Days will be Juri last single. (src: Mobame)

2. Maruif

Maruif Member

Oshimen:
    Kokko
  3. gekikara95

gekikara95 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    for the past few day, i keep scrolling in this tread and was hoping that someone will post the translation of myao letter to juri at juri seitansai the other days. but i found nothing :cry::cry::cry:
    anyone have the translation or the video? bcoz i not found it yet till now

4. welp

welp Next Girls

A Korean news article on Juri. (Nothing we haven't known)
    https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=311&aid=0000963535
    translated to Eng
    https://www.soompi.com/article/1308...ares-why-she-chose-to-make-her-debut-in-korea

When is the last activity for Jiwaru Day? She likely will go to Korea right after.

Is it possible that Juri will be back to AKS as a foreign act, that AKS will jointly manage her group's Japanese activities? Via IZ*One, AKS has learnt K-pop market is profitable and, even better, the market is largely separated from AKB's one. While most fans of AKB are men, most fans of IZ*One and most K-pop girl groups are girls. Meanwhile, the like of Woollim struggles to find a strong Japanese partner for its idol.

5. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    A collab would have been anounced right after Juri's

6. Rashbell

Rashbell Member

Oshimen:
    satoshiori
    technically speaking, there might be a 0% chance of this, Juri announced her graduation, and as we know graduates, don't perform with the current members, unless requested due to a "Pillar" member or a well-known member held their graduation concert or theater performance. we "might" see her again in AKB stage when Yuihan decided to graduate.

I guess most fans/people that translates things are focused on Juri's announcement rather than the letter, it made news all over 48G countries, I guess they forgot about the letter, speaking of the letter, I expect it to be Mion rather than Myao though. Gonna reach to someone I know through SNS if they can translate the letter. btw, I don't have access to DMM, if you can give some link to the exact letter of Myao to Juri, it could help lessen the time for it to be released. Tnx.

I find this funny because after Juri announce her signing with Woollim, fans search deep in the news of Miyu's contract singing since Miyu was hanging around Korea stating it was for vacation and fans discovering her near entertainment companies. they were determined to confirm if Miyu signed in a Korean company. :^O^::^O^:

• Like Like x 1
  7. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    https://akb48.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-29533.html

You can find everything over at AKB memo list.

• Like Like x 2
  8. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    I doubt there'd be an exclusivity clause. Hard to imagine Juri agreeing to it (as she is big on old ties) plus collaboration is better for business (and profits)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. tompel

tompel Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
  10. Helliezza

Helliezza Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Congratsss jurii, i wish success for both you and miyu

11. welp

welp Next Girls

Big Data News' journalist/editor seemed to be a fan. It's the only outlet reported Juri arriving Korea on Feb 19 and the first outlet to report Miyu signing with Mystic.

I didn't mean AKS to take Juri back as individual but to act as the agency of her new group for Japanese activities. The group doesn't need to interact with AKB48 to promote in Japan. Woollim won't spend much effort to push its group to Japan.

Will Mr. Lee later poach the mochi Hiichan? Mochi and bread are similar enough to my eyes. She also has soft cute voice like Kei.

• Like Like x 1
  12. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    The thing is members who graduate from AKB48 not only leave the group but also leave AKS. (assuming they aren't under an external agency)
    So a coming back isn't likely. Unless AKS anounce something.
    She may show up as a guest on special occasions though.

13. welp

welp Next Girls

Since Juri will be first and only foreign trainee/idol of Woollim, it will be even harsher for her. She will be treated like the Korean. It sounds nice that there will be no discrimination but, no. No one will speak Japanese to her, only Korean, and she will be demanded to do everything like the Korean. She can be scolded/punished for not following the instruction she doesn't understand. She won't be able to understand most of what trainers say. Blah blah blah. It may be also legal issue, working permit and such. I remember Japanese members of Twice saying they talked to each other when they faced hard times but Juri will have no one to talk to. She likely will also be limited to make phone call to her family only and only in limited time. I believe she kinda knows and has been prepared to what will happen but, to know what will happen and to face it for real are much different.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Maruif

Maruif Member

Oshimen:
    Kokko
    I doubt she will scolded for not understanding. And for the not understanding, she will probably learn pretty quickly, most idols do, especially if there is nobody they can talk in their own laguage to. For example Blackpink's Lisa was not allwed to talk in nay other language exept Korean unless it was an emergency. The other trainees were banned from speaking english with her. That way you learn the language the quickest. She will be fine.

But I still hope some other japanese trainees or idols make contact with her.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. welp

welp Next Girls

Despite unannounced debut date/month, Korean fans has started fundraising campaign to support Juri's K-pop debut.
    https://twitter.com/jurigall/status/1104582938711097344

She definitely will. Thai idols shared similar trainee day stories of how they were scolded when they made mistakes for whatever reason. In some agencies, they don't only scold but also slap. Sorn noted it was the Korean way of teaching, they made trainees fear of mistake so trainees would practice so hard to not make the same mistake and overcome their shortcoming. No K-pop trainee has never cried. And, the Korean won't try to understand the foreigner, this is their homeland so foreigners must follow their way. I believe Juri will overcome this but, I want you to know she will suffer so much to make her Korean debut and appreciate her effort.

Most foreign idols picked up Korean quickly 'coz that was crucial to survive in the agency. They had to learn to understand Korean trainers quickly so they could do better in weekly/monthly evaluation. If they kept doing poorly, they might be eliminated and have to go home.

Her phone usage will be limited so, it will be hard to contact other Japanese idols/trainees in K-pop. Neither she knows any but those ex-48 girls, 3 IZ*One members and Miyu. Kaeun can also be her consultant if she can reach her.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  16. Riot1

Riot1 Next Girls

^
    It's gonna be hard, we all know that; don't focus too much on the negative side of Korean idol training system. Juri can and will endure, she already experienced Produce 48 so her extensive training at Woollim won't really be a surprise anymore.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Maruif

Maruif Member

Oshimen:
    Kokko
    With the phones it is not all the same some companies don't allow phones at all, some don't allow them in the company building, some do regular checks and so on. There is no telling how Woollim does those things.

And I know it is hard for foreign trainees, but when talking about the treatment you have to also think about the companies. Sorn is in CLC under Cube. Cube is a weird combination of harshness and freedom. It depends a lot on the trainers and methinds of teaching.

Woollim is probably very demnading with their dance training, since that is the point they are known for. And being scolded for mistakes is definetly not exclusive to foreign trainees. The trainees will stick together. Even the Korean and the foreign ones. They share the same future.

Things are very different from company to company. Pledis is very harsh and it has been said they even give physical punishments (Forced to stand on tiptoes for a long for example), SM is said to have good teachers who care about the trainees a lot and so on and on. It is impossible to tell how Juri will be treated in Woollim, because things are so different!

18. Maruif

Maruif Member

Oshimen:
    Kokko
    To give support they don't have to be popular idols. Also there should be quite a lot of female japanese trainees.

19. Maruif

Maruif Member

Oshimen:
    Kokko
    I think there are probably wuite a few actually. SM is said to have over 100 trainees at any given time. We know like 4 of them right now. YG an JYP probably have a bit less, but I doubt it is a lot below SM's! It is very probable that there are a few japanese trianees there.

But Juri is definetly a fresh breath. The only prominent female japanese kpop idols are the TWICE trio... SM will probably debut a japanese member in ther NGG, but that is pobably end of 2019 or even 2020. JYP is debuting their group in japan so that doesn't count, and it will be a cold day in hell when YG has 2 girlgroups at the same time.

The only major label I can think of that would debut a new gg soon would be Pledis since they seem to have given up on Pristin.

It seem like Juri will be free to make her name known!

• Like Like x 1
  20. budhi.waspodho

budhi.waspodho Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murayamayuiri
    Main vocal?, visuals?, main rapper?, main dancer?, 4D personality?. What will her role in the upcoming GG?

• Like Like x 2