1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    Good see you (more $ in my pocket) !

• Like Like x 2
  2. sakusakukamen

sakusakukamen Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    The girls who get benefits from SSK's cancelling:
    1. Nakai Rika
    2. Matsuoka Hana
    3. Oguri Yui

The poor girls who need SSK so much:
    1. Muto Tomu
    2. Furuhata Nao
    3. Souda Sarina
    4. Honma Hinata
    5. Suda Akari

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Even if they say no...

IT IS

Probably :lol:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Rashbell

Rashbell Member

Oshimen:
    satoshiori
    Unpopular opinion:

i think;

1. NGT's issue might(more like will) affect NGT's top
    2. AKS needs competition, who would compete with Jurina w/o Sakura, this year SSK would be much of "Jurina's back-to-back win"
    3. Not confident enough that HKT will retain their remaining top member / push members

i think if this year's SSK will be held, AKS and fans would be surprised by the result.

• Useful Useful x 3
  5. Mana

Mana Under Girls

WHAT... :shock::shock::shock:

First they end AKB48 Show! after 5-6 years of airing, then they end ANN after almost 10 years, then their radio drama Watashitachi no Monogatari is ending after 8 years of airing. and now suddenly elections are over too? this happens all at the same time, it's so sudden. if they cancel elections, there is no limit to what else they can cancel. I wonder what's their plan after all of this, if they're going to have new events or programs? Hopefully they do... are they trying to give a new image for AKB? after years of talks about new chapter, this time it actually does feel like a real new chapter for AKB, but hopefully they won't just struggle and they'll actually get something to replace all these cancelled programs/events...

I guess no more elections is less stressful for the girls and it might bring some positive sides to the group/members, but it was still the biggest, most relevant event of AKB. and the thing we looked forward every year. Now it feels empty ._. I'm kinda sad about all the things happening lately, so I just hope they will announce new programs or events soon, and hopefully they have good plans for AKB if they want to have a new start, for the music as well I hope they make everything better from now on, let's see... if they do this well then it could be a fresh new start for the group. I really hope so.

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Believe me, there is no shortage of girls privately celebrating this turn of events.

What? To gloat? Well, I have made it no secret for a long time that I hate the SSK. So yeah, I am sorta happy with the news.

Ya know, with all the bad press this group has endured over the last year, not to mention all of the significant members who have departed, or are about to depart, perhaps it is time to reinvent this group, and that includes getting rid of the SSK.

• Like Like x 15
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Yua

Yua Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Fukuoka Seina
    Reserving judgement until we get more information about what's to come, but this is definitely the last thing I expected to hear today. I'm tentatively optimistic about the change, though! As long as they come up with something to fill the void (that's less stupidly stressful for the girls), I'll be happy.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

For sure. As I said on the NGT assault case thread a while back, the SSK is a distorting event that sucks up inordinate amounts of money, attention and focus.

but one potential downside of no SSK is that if the august single is replaced by a management selected one then it might just benefit the management favourites and disadvantage other girls who benefitted from the SSK (Muto Tomu, Souda Sarina, Furuhata Nao et al).

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. KamonegiX

KamonegiX Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Inb4 Nogizaka also gets ssk from AKB

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  10. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    That was odd. Ten and out? I don't personally care for the result any longer but it was the big event of the year. We can only speculate about the reason, because as usual AKB don't tell us. NGT? Maybe. Difficulties to hire a suitable arena? Last year they were a bit off in Nagoya.

11. warubii

warubii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    Twitter:
    warubii666
    Dont joke about that

• Like Like x 7
  12. KamonegiX

KamonegiX Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    At this point I'm legit thinking Zaka ssk will be announced

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

The next HKT and SKE single sales may benefit from the SSK not sucking up spare money

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    NMB fans can finally stop feeling guilty seeing our faves not rank lolol

I don't know how to feel about this.. It's hard for me to believe the group isn't going through some financial issues after the Maho incident stripping them of their sponsors and cancelling 48 related shows. And then to have your top members from AKB, NMB, and HKT graduate or go on hiatus throughout the year, making the AKB senbatsu unrecognizable to even casual AKB fans... The group (more specifically AKB) needs a complete overhaul and maybe this is the first step to achieving it. The janken and rh are kinda redundant now, so some new events that don't stress the girls out too much will be welcomed.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 4
  15. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    What? I've been saying for years to get rid of Janken and do something more fresh, not cancel SSK lolol. It's literally the only main event every fan in the fandom can come together and relatively have a "fun" time (really subjective here lol). Well, I hope it's just being replaced with something similar cause clearly they make a lot of money of off SSK and would be weird to be like "Money? Nah we don't want that" lol. Hey, maybe each group will have their own election? That would be cool lol.

• Agree Agree x 7
  16. ritto2908

ritto2908 Member

Oshimen:
    Umezawa Minami
    Was expecting Tomu to rank up, at least in top 5 this year and now that SSK is canceled, her last hope will become despair. Poor girl, I really want her to prove the mgmt wrong. I could feel her graduation is around the corner. :(

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  17. ermenker

ermenker Kenkyuusei

I wonder how many girls consider graduation after this announcement

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Yua

Yua Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Fukuoka Seina
    If this means getting an AKB-only senbatsu on an AKB single, that would be cool. I'd be down for this idea lol

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    Of course AKS was making a lot of money but they also should know that it wasn't the most popular girls in the top, more the girls who had the richest wotas. I don't speak about conscience but even AKS must have seen the big commerce with voting tickets.

20. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Lmao. Poor jurina. She would be a shoe in to win again this year. Last year big names dropped ou, she won without any real competition and she was sick. Now she's healthy and again, no competition, they canceled it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2