1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. trxsh

trxsh Member

On the contrary, I think many will just be relieved. Sure it opened up opportunities for a few but I think for the majority SSK caused so much unnecessary stress and pressure for the girls. Popular girls because of the hysteria of getting into senbatsu/kami7/first place, less popular girls because not ranking high or not ranking in at all makes them feel worthless.

The other thing is, with the NGT scandal it's pretty clear that the SSK was a factor for why some girls harbour shady people as fans. How huge an impact a couple of big spenders can have and such. I would be in favour of having a SSK on a smaller scale somehow. A change in how things are done atm is welcome as far as I'm concerned.

• Agree Agree x 13
  2. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Forget about SSK, they don't have Kouhaku and regular request hour. Why would they COPY their rival's iconic showbiz?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    You forget. Juri is leaving for Korea, so they had to cancel SSK.

• Creative Creative x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Or perhaps they care more for creating a healthy environment for the girls to work in? o_O

• Like Like x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Titan3

Titan3 Member

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    You are joking, but I wonder if Juri and Sakura trying to leave for Korea may mean something more in light of these news and all the shows being cancelled.

Anyways, I'm quite shocked. If there's one thing I thought they would never get rid of was the SSK... I wonder what they will do to fill the void now. I'm glad for the girls not having the pressure of the voting anymore though.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    So it's only this year or forever (doubt it)?

7. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    I don't know how much the people in Japan care for the environment, perhaps not so much, but imagine the mountian of garbage every SSK created containing DVD:s that was thrown away when their voting tickets was gathered. Thousand, maybe millions. This must be a gift to Mother Nature.

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Wait... what if they won't be holding the AKB48 General Senbatsu election because they will be including 46G this year and they opted not to name the election as the AKB48 SSK?

Hahahaha.. i don't know. It just feels so surreal right now that management would just opt not to have its biggest money making event

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

This is a good thing! 10 years of “rigged” drama gone!

Good luck SSK in your future endeavors! :flower:

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Old Old x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. sakusakukamen

sakusakukamen Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Without SSK, they'll never sell singles above 1.5m anymore. It's mean Nogizaka46 has a chance to beat them on the top of Oricon Chart of the Year.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. Ugokanaide

Ugokanaide Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Moriyasu Madoka
    So this whole AKB48 thing just became anticlimactic

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. XuZe

XuZe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    I'm personally kind of glad they decided to cancel this year's senbatsu. Hopefully, they settle the NGT assault case first since senbatsu ranking might be a motivation as to why members are hiring people to attack their fellow members(Assuming that it is out of jealousy) before deciding whether ssk might happen next year

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

Good to see some fans still care about good single sales... than say the good health of idols.

Good “fans”, stay classy! :approve:

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. AragonDx

AragonDx Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Murayama Yuiri
    whaaaaat the fuck did I wake up to

• Agree Agree x 6
  15. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

So what?

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    Unless they change the way they sell HS tickets, that does not change much. I would like HS tickets to be (also) sold on site or without connection to CD sales but...

17. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Let's all take a moment to celebrate the Queen of NMB, Akarin, since SSK is cancelled this year lol.

Yoooo wtf am I gonna do in June this year? Like My birthday was always close to SSK so it was like my Gemini-event and I get to go hard on the liquor and just have a blast being sleep deprived and seeing Tomu just outrank the other bitches haha.

I can't believe they just cancelled it and didn't explain why too lol. Like they obviously know it's the biggest event of the year. They need to give us an update like...now lol.

• Like Like x 14
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. KamonegiX

KamonegiX Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    The million streak should die in order to get clean AKB senbatsu.
    I have no problem with singles selling 500-600k if that means senbatsu will be AKB only or 90% AKB

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Like Like x 4
  19. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    What matters though is if the management has no problem with it.

Opting out of a sure formula for a big earning can mean two things I think. Either management has come up with new ideas and is following a strategic plan on how to rebrand AKB and make it more relevant and popular again. They see these prospects of earning less as mere necessary setbacks needed for a much bigger scheme they are planning. That would be great.

Other thing though, maybe the situation really is so bad, with all these shows ending, events getting cancelled and all that we really are seeing the beginning of the end.

Either way, we really are seeing an end of another chapter. Whether this would lead to better chapters or is actually the last one, well, we'll see.

• Like Like x 7
  20. Ozeki

Ozeki Member

Oshimen:
    Nibubu
    welp im kinda bummed out