1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Dee

Dee Kenkyuusei

If they permanently cancle SSK this could mean better sale for AKB48 singles. A lot of people save their money to vote for ssk and only buy the ssk single. If the members’ popularity depend more on handshake sale, then it gives fans more insensitive to consistently buy more AKB48’s singles to support their oshis instead of consentrating on SSK.

Who knows? Maybe the girls who had bad HS sale but rank high in SSK would have sold out more slots if their fans didn’t hold on to SSK? This applies to both new unknown members like many SKE girls, and old “popular” members like a lot of AKB’s who don’t completely sell out even though they don’t have other singles sales to worry about.

There are many pros and cons.

One con is the negative effect ssk has on members’ mentality and behavior, causing girls like Jurina to mentally break down and girls like NGT to seek rich fans.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Sapporo

Sapporo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    So no more over 300 youtube SSK videos being uploaded in May anymore lol.

• Like Like x 2
  3. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    This news must be a sigh of relief for Jurina considering she had her illness as a result of SSK. Actually, I was skeptical if she would run this year because she still isn’t back to her vicarious self yet.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Lusankya

Lusankya Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand I love rankings and statistics when it comes to sports related stuff, so in a way I always liked the SSK. However here members are ranked by popularity/how rich their fans are. So while this is probably great for high ranking girls or members who improve their rankings I always wonder what it does to unranked members or to ones who lose votes. In a good case they feel encouraged to try harder but it could also damage their confidence and relationship to other members. I hope some of them will openly speak how they feel about a year with no SSK, e.g. if they feel relieved about it.

What's definitely bad is that there will be no special on AKBingo this year for the less popular girls. These four episodes were totally awesome last time and featured a lot of cool members.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu
    God damn, never thought this day would come.

For reasons, I can only thing about the NGT thing. They would look pretty stupid if Maho somehow made Top3 or even won. Would put the spotlight even more on their neglect.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  6. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Did Sakura somehow know about this news before hand? Her decision for joining PD48 is becoming better and better.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. ysa73

ysa73 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Rissen Airi
    need a change of atmosphere?

akb group best 20 dancers of all time
    https://dews365.com/newpost/169558.html
    20 Oshima Yuko - AKB48
    19 Fujita Nana - AKB48
    18 Itano Tomomi - AKB48
    17 Matsuoka Hana - HKT48
    16 Motomura Aoi - HKT48
    15 Kumazawa Serina - HKT48
    14 Ishida Anna - HKT48
    13 Suda Akari - SKE48
    12 Miyazawa Sae - AKB48, SNH48, SKE48
    11 Wataname Miyuki - NMB48
    10 Yamada Nanami - AKB48
    9 Kato Yuuka - NMB48
    8 Ishida Yuumi - NMB48
    7 Matsui Jurina - SKE48
    6 Tano Yuuka - AKB48
    5 Aigasa Moe - AKB48
    4 Umeda Ayaka - AKB48, NMB48
    3 Yamamoto Sayaka - NMB48
    2 Saito Makiko - SKE48
    1 Yokoyama Yui - AKB48

the northeastern dancing queen slick.gif slick.gif slick.gif

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    For whatever reason, it does give more time for new or otherwise different activities during a prime time of year.

9. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    There are only so many HS events you can attend and a limited number of girls you can meet per event. The heaviest spenders for SSK will not spend all that money on HS tickets - it's impossible. Due to lines you can only meet 2 popular members per slot, 4 or MAYBE 5 very unpopular girls. Even if you attend every HS event of the year and max out every slot, you wouldn't even come close to the amount of money the big spenders drop on votes for their oshimen. No matter how you look at it, this is a HUGE drop in sales for AKS and that will translate to bad times for the members as management do whatever they can to cut costs and preserve profits.

10. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    This is definitely because of NGT case, they still held last year's SSK despite being rocked by the unorganized Okinawa mess (and that was concerning the event itself). Right now, My issue is about how brave they are to cover NGT Case damage to this extent of letting go one of their biggest cash cow event. If they are willing to stall the scandal to this degree, I'm concerned about how it will affect this group in the long run.

And idk about other cash grabbing event. Can they make a whole group event without including NGT? I mean, they still let Rika-Yuka participate in Jiwaru Days senbatsu.

11. tomumion

tomumion Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Did people really forget Yukiko exists? :confused:

• Like Like x 2
  12. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    Not the most popular opinion but I suspect management is rotten to the core - they can't be open and honest because the truth about what has been going on would hurt sales more than canceling SSK and trying to ride out this one scandal. There's absolutely no other reason why they would blunder around for months losing fans and advertisers and long running TV/radio programs, not even to mention losing out on their biggest money making event of the year.

• Agree Agree x 6
  13. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Naana that low. :fp:

All I can say to the makers of this list. Try again.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    @tuxedo_gin

If it's such a horrific business move, then why did they do it?

Ya know, sometimes you have to make decisions in hopes they have a positive effect on the overall well-being of the organization, despite the potential loss in short-term profits.

Management gets endlessly castigated for being a bunch of heartless profiteers, and are now being criticized for giving up on "all that money." It's a bit ironic, don'tcha think? Moreover, since nobody here is the CFO of the organization, we really don't know how this would affect the bottom line, especially given they can still release a spring single that will sell really well.

I know most of you got into this fandom after the SSK was established, and it probably seems like the SSK is the raison d'être of their existence. And I also understand why so many of you are disappointed. But not everyone thinks that way. I'm not going to enumerate all the issues I have with the Sousenkyo, but suffice it to say there are fans AND members who are happy to see it go. There are a lot of people who remember what the group dynamic was like in the early days, and how the SSK eventually changed it, and not in a good way IMO.

And if the SSK is the ONLY thing keeping the group afloat, then this group has bigger problems than even we know. I don't think that's necessarily the case, I'm just sayin'

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 7
  15. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    Because they had no other choice. Even considering how dense they often are, even they could see that having SSK in the current climate would be even more disastrous than canceling it. They've committed to riding out their scandals and losses instead of trying to clean up their house. Canceling SSK isn't a mistake. Their mistake was letting things get to the point they're currently in. Canceling SSK this year was the correct move in their current situation, but that doesn't mean it won't hurt. They had no other choice except complete transparency and accepting responsibility for their poor management decisions. We all know that would never happen.

The current state of AKB/AKS reminds me an awful lot of what H!P looked like as they started to slip from being the invincible top dog in the industry. I don't like it.

EDIT: Yes they can still sell a spring single but the SSK voting single sells almost as much as all the other singles of the year combined. You can't pretend like that won't hurt. Some of us like members that are not top sellers and the company losing money is going to put them at risk. If your oshimen is a center or normal front row girl, you have nothing to worry about. If you like any of the less popular members we may have a lot of tears in the next year or two.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Tommy Idoc

Tommy Idoc Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    Just to get a better perspective, what was the group dynamic pre-Sousenkyo? I'm assuming that it was nothing like the NGT48 situationn

17. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Wow, NGT case is so impactful that they didn't even dare to include Ballet Queen Hinata.
    They also missed Spanish Mama Kinoshita Yukiko.
    Hana is not better than Naana lol
    Dasu is good, but not top 20 imo. All SKE's Darkness dancers deserve to be in that list.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

SKE was only 9 months old. [hehe]

Good times!:approve:

19. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    It's not really a fair comparison. AKB was very small, tightknit, and not yet a mainstream/popular group. They were fighting against outside groups for popularity. Once they became the most popular game in town, there was no choice but to fight each other for popularity. Going back to the pre-SSK days means shedding about 3/4s of the members.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

You guys know that SSK originally started because “fans” bitched to Aki-P because he didn’t pick their oshi as center, right? ;)

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1