1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Event / Concert MNL48 2nd General Election (2019.04. 27)

Discussion in 'MNL48 News & Releases' started by Shinga Kurukato, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Helliezza

Helliezza Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    the losing girl and being eliminated is hard to believed though, know that 2nd gen is also part of it. with hardly no fanbase and barely new, family and friends are most likely to vote them and im pretty sure it is not enough to place them on top 48. so by that means they have a high chance they'll get eliminated eventhough they havent done or started anything?. - the thought of it is so confusing , anyways whatever they decided to do, if they do proceed with the elimination even if they are still part of HHE, there will still be a fan war upcoming. But its not official so i hope they wouldnt push it.

2. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    Just announced right now:
    The voting ballots is now available starting today!

BallotsMNL.jpg

3. Helliezza

Helliezza Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    And this is were shipping problems comes in, I hope we received those tickets on time for us who resides outside Luzon

4. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    I hope the MNL48 management clarifies what are these merch that will come with voting tickets. Also, "MNL48 album"? So does that imply Aitakatta cds ordered now will also include a voting ticket?

5. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    I'm from Metro Manila and I haven't received the stuff that I ordered last week :| What more for provincial orders.

6. Shinga Kurukato

Oshimen:
    To those who wants to buy the ballots as early as now, just look for this sticker (or paper?) on all cds and merchandises available at Lawson stores

ballots.jpg
    ballots2.jpg

7. exsdee

exsdee Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    D1tOhWxUgAAMpaW.jpg

Everything is not 48G Tradition here. I saw it on twitter and they want to FORCE Graduate those other girls who can't make it on TOP48 :/

• Like Like x 1
  8. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

I'm confused that why they held 2nd gen audition to eliminate most of those candidates. :glare: Unless most are from rich families or hot girls who are famous, noone will vote for them.

9. megatram

megatram Kenkyuusei

well, management can use their infinity gauntlet, one snap, 2nd gen in 1st gen out, that's why some fans are demanding to have a third party to count the election votes.

Sent from my X300 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    Hmmm I think they should at least have a different ranking especially for the new hires. For example, for members that came in last year or before, if they don't rank within top 48, they are out. For members that came in this year, if they don't rank within top... let's say the next 16, so 64, they are out. I think that would be fair. Granted that we should not have more than 48 girls from the previous year, of course.

11. Helliezza

Helliezza Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Well i want them to follow the traditional AKB election system. Those second gen leak photos are all damn pretty girls and for sure some of them have big connection or rich gals, im not surprise some of them will surely rank in.

12. nagasawakun1104

nagasawakun1104 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Moriya Rena
    Twitter:
    lester_1104
    okay. i find this 2nd MNL48 SSK so annoying. why would the management make SSK look like a reality show? and most of 1st gen member's efforts will go for nothing if they didn't rank. It's been 3 years since debut but the management (i think) doesn't even know how SSK really works.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Shinga Kurukato

Oshimen:
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    At first I was like "What is the agency thinking ????" but after reading this article it does seem logical.

My takes + what I understood from the interview on the whole "Why are they so edge to keep only 48 members" ?

1) They are trying to create a brand
    The number "48" needs to be a symbolic thing that everyone links to our girls.
    2) They cannot take more girls as of now for financial reasons
    It costs too much and the group probably doesn't bring too much money
    3) More than 48 would be too big for their current market.
    They are the first idol group of the country so people are having a hard time getting used to them so if you add to this the fact that there are so many of them people will give up without even trying to get to know the most popular members. Even Kpop fans would give up, they are not used to so many members
    4) Kicking girls out help getting rid of those who don't bring in any money
    It's very sad but it's true, the girls who will stay are the ones who caught the hearts of the fans.
    5) It forces the girls to work harder
    If they don't want to get eliminated they will train themselves to sing and dance better, they will work harder to get more fans or at least to satisfy those they already have
    6) It creates a new image for the group
    People are still calling them "untalented" and "kpop wannabe" but the fact that they have to fight 24/7 to remain in their group makes them actually more hardworking than any other idol. They are basically warriors.
    7) It brings even more money
    Because fans will be so scared to lose their favorite members that they will probably buy more tickets than what they planned to

Do I think this is a genius idea ? Yes. Do I like it ? No.
    The girls are for most teenagers, right now it is the most sensitive part of their life. Becoming a celebrity is already hard on the body and their mental health but the permanent stress this system will create might destroy a lot of them. I see some effects of the idol life on Kpop idols and I don't want the same to happen to those kids. BNK48 have the regular 48 system but they still admitted that they see each other as rivals sometimes and how much the whole think affect them so imagine what kind of damages this will create on MNL48 members...

• Like Like x 2
  15. angelkinetic

angelkinetic Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    Regarding your points:
    1. Imo 48 is not symbolic...because if we talk 48 as symbolic then 46 must also be symbolic for nogizaka... and akb started at 16 members
    2. Financial reasons? But can accomodate 8-10 members +staff goig to japan. Up until no news of theatre. If that also be the case why hire 48 plus kks at the first place.
    3. Imo the group is not dedicated in a kpop fan...and let's go back to theme of this idol group as a whole, "idols that you can meet everyday" ... and its not a kpop kind of thing. They even don't have enough exposure even the popular girls in the group. Did the group live up to what the theme of a 48group is? Not quite, we have ig stories but we dont even have a theatre... 48group was known by the people because of theatre performance... the fans know them because of their live performance. What i see is that they only use the name to fish akb48 fans in PH.
    4. Shizuka oya, she struggled for many years as kks, even struggled just to enter top100 in general election... and fans clapped theur hands.... Undergirls who sang "kimi no koto ga suki dakara" outnumbered the senbtasu girls in popularity... honda hitomi, yabuki nako is not a cash cow for their respective groups at their debut. ... Honda Hitomi even go here in PH twice I think and we didnt know that she would be this popular now... unpopular girls now might not be popular in the future... everyone has the right timing.... miyawaki sakura is not the face of HKT at FIRST she just took it to kodama haruka and it she needs to get past her adolescence period just to took it to her...
    Last... its not because a popular girl now will be popular in the near future...
    5. I agree to what you said here... but whats working harder? They have no theatre to showcase their talent, we only have once a month mini live and not all have equal exposure... we also seitansai which is once a year big exposure for a girl... How would you fish for fans? Post everything in social media? Cry for help? Enter in a love-ban scandal? Shave your hair and post it in social media? What is working harder for the girls?
    6. People can call them untalented... because they are... the girls were not from the management never had a rigorous training like idols in korea and some idols in japan... people can call them kpop wannabe because they aren't... because their roots is not korea... their group came from an idol group in japan... an untalented idol group at first that become a national idol group... if they want girls who will be fighting at a survival of the fittest... then dont call them sister group of akb48.... they should have made "Produce101" like of a show... then don't even hook akb48 fans in ph by saying they are a sister group...and dont use 48group songs... I think aki-p once said that akb48 is like a school that a girl can graduate anytime she likes...
    7. I agree with you also it brings more money... But how about in the future... when fans are so fed up of trying to save their favorites, when fans are tired of crying for their favorites which are forcely graduated by the management... Will you even vote again if your favorute members were forcely graduated just because they are not that popular?? Can money give justice to dreams that was shattered? Oh and this came from the sidelines, the girls were only given allowances... not even salaries nor having benefits...

You have good points but i think you are much more comparing them in a kpop idol group...

I agree also with you that what's the management is doing is not right... and your points as a genius idea for the management is not genius at all... its an idea of getting away to akb system... its more like what snh had done...

Lastly.... as an akb48 fan....Why can't we enjoy the general election in MNL48 just how other 48group fans in SEA enjoy their own general election? Why is there a need to shed tears for gurls who will not make the cut than shed tears of joy for girls who ranked up.and improve in a year? Why can't we enjoy the building of the real kami7 and have to be nervous to who going to make the cut? Why do they don't respect the hard work of the first generation that came from an audition that more likely the wants to be rigged?

Do we fans who tires themsleves at work just to earn money to buy merch and cds despite of the fact that they need to feed their families, go to mini lives, seitansais, HSEs, not sleep at all just watch their ig lives, votes everyday for all the music rankings in PH, fights for the girls when other people bash them, really not deserve PROPER general election? Think of it...

I'm not saying you are wrong I'm just stating my opinion on your points

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    That's why they said that they are trying to create a brand, most Filipinos don't know about AKB48 so creating a new meaning to it and promoting is smart.

8-10 members + staff going to Japan does not cost as much as managing a group made of more than 48 girls. Also if it's linked to AKS huge chance is that they are the ones paying for it or that they got financial help from the whole Cool Japan (or whatever it's called) thing.
    Whatever the agency is planning they feel like it might bring them back money soon or later in one way or another, having more than 48 members when your group is just debuting and your target market is already overwhelmed just by its concept do not bring money at all.

Concerning the theater what do you expect them to say except "We are still busy building it" ? Delays are a pretty normal things when doing constructions but that's not something you tell your client as it might make you look unprofessional.

I never said they were made for kpop fans ?... I said that even Kpop fans who are used to idol groups and to groups composed of many members would be having a hard time stanning a group with so many members.
    But since you want to talk about Kpop:
    What is the best market for an idol group ? Teenagers and young adults.
    Teenagers = they will try buying whatever you give them, will have plenty of them of time to promote the group and will be very motivated to do so
    Young adults = They have more money than teenagers who may be restricted by their parents andhave in general the same tastes in terms of merchandising & music.
    Right now in the Philippines what are teenagers and young adults fans of ? Kpop.
    Does it mean that MNL48 must act like a kpop group ? Nope, it' just means that the management must try to find comprises between pleasing wotas and attracting new fans.

You act as if the management turned MNL48 into something totally different than the rest of the 48 group when the only problem here is that they still don't have a theater which is not really their fault. Also MNL48 aren't the only 48 group without a theater at the moment.
    And really in my opinion the management tried everything to make the girls close to the fans, performances at con, having them selling the tickets, fan meetings,... So you can't really say they aren't trying.

It's true and I agree with you not every idol blossom right away, but right now what the management lacks is time, the group just debuted and they need results quickly. Once the popularity of the group will have stabilized they'll probably drop this system.

The girls said themselves that the agency is evaluating them all the time, when they are rehearsing, on stage, during interviews,... So that's what I'm talking about. They probably look at which member dance the best when she's on stage, which one manages her SNS the best, which one makes people laugh the most during interviews, which one worked the hardest during her free time, which one is the best at fanservice during fanmeetings,...

You're mixing "lacking training" & "being untalented" which are 2 different concepts. The girls can sing and are not terrible dancers.
    Also why are you telling me all this ?... You should tell non fans that, all I did was state facts. That's how people view them althought it isn't true nor fair. You seem to think that they don't need those people who have misconceptions about them but that's false, look at how many former haters became fans. And how do you do that ? By changing the image they have of the group.

As I said earlier this is probably not a concept they will keep in the long run, the management is just buying time right now.
    Still, I don't think MNLoves will cry or be destroyed after those elections. Of course they will be sad but the main feeling will probably be relief: "Aaaah...My Oshi is still there !". Because the eliminated girls won't be popular members at all, that's how voting works, so not many people will be deeply affected by their leaves.

You are literally the one who made this about Kpop when I was just trying to say that even those used to the idol system (aka kpop fans) are having a hard time getting into the group.

I disagree with you, the only difference with any other 48 group is that they are eliminating girls, and for what ? Financial reasons. I don't think they are getting away from the 48 system, especially when you know that they got the blessing of AKS. The management of SNH actually kept the core of the 48 system but started disobeying to AKS by creating its own sister groups and releasing original songs, both situation aren't comparable.

Because contrary to the others SEA groups they are not an established brand and still have to get back all the money they invested in the project.
    JKT48 is an established group but because the group is having a hard they still had to change their system although they only instated it onto the trainees since it wouldn't work on actual members.

First of all please do not romanticize the fact that some fans make their entire life about the group this is not healthy at all.
    Secondly where did I say that it was right for the members or the fans to suffer ?....

I don't agree on anything you said but no hate feeling here as well, just stating my mind

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. algae27

algae27 Kenkyuusei

wow the climate for the girls in MNL seems a bit... hostile.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. welp

welp Next Girls

While limiting the number of members to 48 is a nice way to simplify, it doesn't matter if the public mistake about the number. It's not a big deal if the public doesn't understand the meaning of "48". Like, Seventeen has 13 members and, while many find this confusing, it doesn't impede the promotion of the group. Neither Kanjani8 ever had 8 members.

Actually, target group of J-pop idols, especially 48 ones, is men aged between late 20's to late 30's.

How can the group stabilized with this hasty move? Popular members may graduate fast as the condition is very stressful. Fans will be reluctant to deeply emotionally invest onto members due the risk that their oshi may be eliminated next year.

To be very honest, idol's popularity, especially J-pop ones, don't depend on the said skills but more about fanservice skills. And, due to this system, girls may be desperate enough to do whatever to survive and that can be destructive not just to themselves but to the group overall in a not very long run.

This is definitely not a genius idea.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. roze_street

roze_street Kenkyuusei

Here's my conspiracy theory,

This kind of election will stop (go back to traditional SSK) once the members that the management thinks don't/won't sell well are out. Besides the fact that there is a huge backlash with this kind of election. Also once they don't have a media partner, they do not have a reason to do this kind of election.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Erald

Erald Kenkyuusei

The system make me shock. 48G is a process, many of the former members need more than a year to develop. Kicking some of them who get low votes is like destroying their dream and effort in this group..

• Like Like x 2