1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I think they really need to think of new stuff to revamp the franchise.

Janken giving solo/unit debuts was a nice touch, but they invested so little in the result that... it didn’t really matter?

I believe it’s the perfect time to reboot. Like, don’t release singles for the rest of the year and give the groups new stages and whatnot. Think of new events blablabla.

I am of the opinion that the SSK should come back though.
    It might be stressful and a chore, but it’s The Event for AKB.
    If it wasn’t for it, they wouldn’t have distanced themselves from the rest of idol groups, and that’s from their own documentaries, son it’s canon!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I didn't watch AKB Kouhaku in recent years so I can't really say anything about it but I think Janken became pointless and should be cancelled. I don't think there's any change that will make fans interested again or satisfied. instead they can try to add new events for the group... I personally really like when they have musicals or stage plays, or even skits. so maybe they could cancel Kouhaku, and then have a new event where it's 50% performances and 50% skits? Something like AKB48 Show, but as event instead (besides, AKB48 Show is ending too). the skits could be longer too. I think that would be fun to watch. and then make more musicals or concerts in little venues. I like the idea of solo concerts that some members got, I think they should do more of this. and if some girls are not popular enough to have solo concert, why not subunit concert with like 4 girls and they all do solo performances or duets, that would be a good opportunity for some mid-popular girls to become more popular. I guess I just want them to do a lot of events, it doesn't have to be in big venues with a big budget so they don't have to spend a lot, but it would be a perfect way to help some girls get more popular.

also why not make new subunits under AKS like Tentoumu Chu. They should do this for the popular girls so they can get more known, because when they do subunits for new and unknown girls, no one really talks about it... it should be with popular girls. think of it like Skirt Hirari and how it had a little senbatsu to make specific popular girls stand out more and become popular. This is how you create "kami" members. or take a look at Keyaki and their subunits that are sometimes a one-time thing - but some of them are regular. You have a duet, some girls who often get solos, some 3-members subunit (with a popular center), some 5-members subunit (with a popular center). in AKB it could be like giving solo songs to Naachan or Moeka (good singers), duet with Rinrin and Yuihan (ballad/calm songs), 3-members subunit with Yuiyui center together with Satopii and Naruchan (colorful/cute image), 5-members subunit with Miion, Renacchi, Miu, Komiharu, Yuiri (mature image)... I'm just giving examples. and it doesn't have to be all in the same single, just 1-2 of them in every single, with Pv's too, and switch in next single and so on like Keyaki does. it's a perfect way to make popular girls actually become really popular and "kami" members that people recognize. and then for the less popular AKB members, they do musicals, events, skits and all kind of things that can promote them, and of course the theater.

I'm just throwing ideas and we know that this will never happen, but it's sad because these are all ideas that either AKB used to do, or that some groups (like Sakamichi) currently do, so it shouldn't be "impossible", but yeah they won't make it happen for AKB, sadly ._.

• Like Like x 2
  3. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Don't forget Kanji and Hiragana team :fear:

• Old Old x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    You didn't seems to follow Kouhaku well? For 2017 and 2018 they bought in external producer as a revamp, and the problem is now that now every member got a performance anymore. And the performance seems to aim at non-48fans than 48fans. That is why it is so boring in 2017-2018.

HS sales has been declining the past few year. Only AKB48 members that regularly sell out are Naachan, Yuirii, and Yuiyui. Mion doesn't usually sold out even half of the slot atm. Most members don't out even single slot. I believe it is just the fact that there are waaaay more members to spread the same amount of sale.

Janken is just a cosplay stage, really.

Denden Muchu, 7byou-go, Kimi ga Suki ni naru, and now Su-cheese are all positioned to be the same. They just don't push it further... we don't know why.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Yep, there are more promotions for latest / upcoming releases than they did in the past years.
    *advantage of DVD : skip less interesting parts*, overall I still enjoy it for the pecular performances they do.
    It may be a consequence of less concerts through the year, and less occasion for promotion on TV shows.

I'm fine that they keep the janken tournament for it's main purpose: having a release not choosed by management nor fans.
    They need to put more efforts in promoting the resulting single, and perhaps have some views on a longer run. This year one desserved a better treatment. The winning girls came with an interesting theme and their MV was well done IMO.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  6. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    I mean I've watched all of them...so take that as u want lol. I barely remember the 2018 one and that wasn't that long ago lol. But even tho it seems like they're trying to improve it still falls flat.

7. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Janken would have been fun if all the units got to perform something. As it is, it's such a non event. Most of the girls who make the finals are unknown so no one really cares for their cosplays. And then the winner gets next to no promotion. Meh.

Kouhaku is just terribly boring. And like the girls can't sing so having them sing stuff like Chandelier, On My Own and True Colours is just kind of painful.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Imperialdramon

Imperialdramon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Tanizaki Saya
    • Like Like x 2
  9. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
  10. ysa73

ysa73 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Rissen Airi

if the video does not show watch the video here

a collection of showroom reaction to ssk cancellation

• Like Like x 2
  11. KamonegiX

KamonegiX Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    So sousenkyo is officially done for :(

12. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

This year, at least.

I wouldn't be surprised if they rebooted it in 2020 right before/during the Olympics or something.

13. UnagiSushi48

UnagiSushi48 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    UnagiSushi48
    You guys don’t know how lucky you are that AKB48’s Sousenkyo was cancelled :(

Over here in the Philippines, the Second General Election will be on April 27 and anybody who isn’t in the top 48 will be forced by the management of MNL48 to graduate. What’s even more stupid is that the second generation aspirants will be announced before April 01, so there’s even more competition for the 48 official members and nine Kenkyuusei.

If OUR General Election were cancelled, the MNL48 fandom would be celebrating on social media and throwing parties and dancing in the streets. Not to take anything away from your sadness, or anything! :O Sorry if I offended anybody! :( I guess I’m just saying that as bad as a cancelled Sousenkyo is, it’s still better than going through the most cruel “Sousenkyo” in the history of the 48G fandom :( It’s a Sousenkyo in name only. They’re turning what’s supposed to be a wonderful, competitive event into a Survivor-style media circus just so they can film members and fans crying on national television :(

Edit: By the way, they’ll be forced to graduate THAT SAME DAY. On NATIONAL TELEVISION.

• Informative Informative x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Ezia

Ezia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    Wow, what a ridiculous idea. Yes, it'll probably bring in the money as fans vote in desperation to save their oshi, but at what cost? The girls will hate the management and will suffer so much needless anxiety and panic. I bet some might even do untoward things in their desperation to get votes and keep their jobs. Great to know the management doesn't care about the mental health impact on the poor girls at all :glare:

• Like Like x 6
  15. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    While I understand where do you come from, MNL SSK is not AKB SSK.

• Dislike Dislike x 5
  16. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

That actually sounds lit tho???????

I imagine is their way of cutting costs after realising that having over 50 girls is expensive af

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

Do you know what sounds lit? There is a company which disband two own groups, send over 80 members to tentative. Finally, 50 members decided to leave that company but they will be sued for breaking the contract. Great huh?

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  18. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

... what?

• Like Like x 3
  19. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

That the Idol Business for ya...

Good times! :cool:

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  20. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls