1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

NGT48 Assault Case

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by Cisalpine88, Jan 9, 2019.

1. ethereallimbo

ethereallimbo Kenkyuusei

General Twitter data:
    Maho gained +70k followers today on Twitter making her the #1 NGT48 Twitter account (she passed Rika and Ogiyuka today, and not barely but with a +40k gap between them). She's also the #21 48G account in total (excluding members who have already announced their graduation). She passed other popular members today like Tomu, Mikurin and Dasu. Next is Naachan with 201k.

Also her current tweet storm has much more RTs/likes than her previous one (in Jan 8) where the highest liked tweet had 35k. Now her highest liked tweet (the one about her team apologizing for her) has 158k likes and 96k RTs, and will probably continue to increase for the next day or two. These numbers are Sasshi viral tweets level. JP tweets don't have +100k likes often.

• Informative Informative x 11
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    According to page 2 section 4(2) of the report they interviewed her directly at the very start of the investigation 「調査開始直後から,直接,事情聴取を実施することとしていた山口氏」

They then interviewed 38 other members at a later date, excluding Yukirin ("AKB48 Kennin") and someone who was sick with a fever on the day of the interview. If I'm adding correctly there's one more missing but the report doesn't say why or give any clues as to who.

edit: Also her statement is recorded in 2.1.(1).ィ on page 4-5.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 10
  3. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

On Max Toki 315 from Akihabara to Niigata
    Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    Btw, in the investigation report, did they mention the “attackers next door” bs at all?

• Like Like x 4
  4. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    well, member A who told one of the attacker that maho is still on the bus should be one of the performance members maho performed that day no? as they went on the bus together

• Like Like x 4
  5. mcbcagirl

mcbcagirl Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    lilxicanita
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    According to the report, one of the attackers was renting three apartments in Niigata, including the one across from Maho's room and one near where another of the suspect members lives. Apparently it was being rented out as a "monthly mansion" or short-stay apartment (page 7).

Presumably, though I guess it's possible other members had work at the theater besides those performing?

Yes. Her statement proper is 2.1.(1).イ, beginning on page 4 and continuing to near the end of page 5. The move to the park is the last line of her statement. What happened after the attack is fleshed out further in 2.1.(1).ォ.(ゥ) on page 8-9 with the accounts of manager(s) and other members.

• Informative Informative x 5
  7. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Actually, that's one of the things I wanted to be cleared up.

Like I thought all the rooms in that hall was supposed to be rented for NGT members.

Then there was a statement, forgot from whom, that then attackers were mow renting said room.

This is one of the details of the incident that makes it difficult to agree that no members should be made accountable.

At this point, it doesn't look like Maho can ever get a good working relationship with the management, unless something positively drastic happens, I think Maho will graduate within the year.

Oh well.

8. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    she sabotaged the presscon LIVE!!
    instead of worryin about her graduation, i'm worried what the management might do to her right now

• Agree Agree x 13
  9. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Holy shit...

Maho is truly one of the bravest idols I've ever had the pleasure to see in my life. I woke up to so much news and 1) she's smart to have tweeted when the conference was going on an 2) they really thought Maho would stay quiet cause of what?? I'm confused by this part from management. Everyone was privy to the results including Maho herself...if there are lies why wouldn't she speak out lol. She spoke out when management decided to not do anything months ago correct so why wouldn't she do it again. management are idiots. Pure and simple.

And the most ridiculous thing here is that management won't admit to any wrong doing cause it involves many members and themselves. they allowed this to go too far. i hate to see idol groups disband tbh especially since i really liked NGT and their songs but it's so tainted now. I feel terrible for the members not involved that just enjoyed their job but like Maho is doing what is right here. She will not be silenced and that's powerful.

Also, fuck a proper graduation. Give us an instagram live of u performing "Liar" by Aoi Eir and that will be good enough for me.

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Well said. Maho is something of a pioneer right now. Publicly hanging the superiors in your organization out to dry, especially as a woman, is simply not done in Japan. There may be past examples I'm unaware of, of course, but this is most definitely an outlier of a situation, facilitated by abundant global access to social media. Did she need to say what she did in her tweets? Absolutely. Is she brave for doing it? Hell yes.

We don't know what the repercussions management will bring down on her for this could be, and I don't know if it's possible for her to quit the group cold turkey at this point - some law shenanigans may be in play now since she publicly defamed the group during the press conference - but I hope she gets out relatively unscathed. It's not a stretch to believe that old businessmen with money who run the group may want revenge on her for daring to speak out. You would think they'd want to stop digging their own graves at this point, though, so hopefully they will leave any retaliation to their lawyers. I think from now on it will be very important that Maho continues to tweet about her situation so that other Japanese women who might want to speak out about unfair situations have an example to follow without fear of being silenced and punished. It may be that Maho never intended and still doesn't intend to be an example to other women or a paragon of women's rights, but she certainly will have become one regardless, and I hope she can see that as a silver lining to her terrible situation.

As far as the press conference goes, the incompetence is rather unbelievable. Despite everything already being out in the open, they will continue to lie about it and try to sweep it under the rug? Try to pull a Jedi mind trick on fans, "nothing to see here"? They will try every tactic except transparency, but transparency is the only one that could have saved them. I get the impression that honesty is an entirely alien concept to them, and that makes me seriously concerned about 48 group management on the whole.

As far as the love ban: I know there are people who are not a fan of it and think that idols should be able to date whoever at their own discretion. "Compensated dating" was not an argument that came up a lot in those debates, falling by the wayside in favor of the argument for "work ethic" and "fantasy girlfriend", but thinking about it now, of course "getting ahead in your career by sleeping with dudes" should have been a major consideration. However, the report also claims (correct me if I'm wrong) that the apartment "dorms" the NGT girls were staying in had men living in them regardless of any dating. How could management knowingly throw them - idols with a renai kinshi agreement! - into a co-ed living situation? How cheap or unscrupulous does the management of a nationally renowned idol group have to be to do that? And I'm not buying the bullshit that "management and members weren't properly educated about the love ban". There are a number of Bunshun articles that have been thorns in AKS's side in past years that beg to differ - not to mention that if we Western fans know how seriously the love ban rule is enforced, "management and members" sure as hell know it too.

It's clear that corruption, incompetence and lies are at the core of this situation. Maybe this behavior runs all through AKS at this point. Maybe they think they're too big to fail. Maybe it's gotten to the point where there are so many fingers in the pie, no one is properly accountable anymore. These are questions hardcore fans of the group who support it with a constant supply of money should seriously be asking themselves. Anyone attempting to brush this situation off like it's some sideshow drama that only affects NGT are doing the idols themselves a disservice, because if management can treat Maho like this, then they can treat any of their girls like this.

• Agree Agree x 24
    • Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Agreed, if anything happened to Maho the finger of suspicion would be straight on AKS, I don't think they're THAT stupid.

Check out the SKE thread, there's an interview with the CEO of Keyholder. He seems to be quite keen on imposing the rules and running a tighter ship.

Again, agreed. Nogizaka lost out on Kouhaku one year because of the Sayurin scandal, this is light years worse.

it's a pity because NGT had a lot of potential but were screwed up by serially incompetent management.

Yukirin is barely ever with the group (contrast with the job Naachan is doing with STU) plus she had her brush with scandal with the Tegoshi stuff

This is a super-interesting question actually. Inapooh and his gang seemed to be still stalking AKB and 46 group members until mid to late 2017 but then apparently switched to NGT. Things seemed to accelerate around Feb 2018 (Maho started talking about wanting to move to a different building around then), also Ayakani seemed to be big friends with Maho until about late 2017. I wonder if Kitarie announcing grad and focusing on her own career then loosened up the reins on the NGT members. It would be fascinating to have an inside view on the timeline.

Without a doubt and Imamura gets away without having to make a public statement/apology. Whether the TGSK tweets were a ploy to get rid of Imamura or just idiots being idiotic is an interesting question to ponder too.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    but for AKB48 itself, they are trying to make this case an isolated one by instantly firing Hosoi after that drinking with Imamura and Togasaki picture got posted

13. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Hosoi resigned from the AKB theater manager job but I don't think his AKS contract was cancelled. He's probably working in a back office for them on overseas marketing or some other middle management job.

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Translation of the mobame that Maho had sent earlier today. I want to keep these messages as private as possible, but after seeing the summary that Casey had posted on Twitter hours ago has an interpretation mistake in the second part (which I couldn't help bringing up to his attention) which makes the message inside completely wrong, I decided in favor of publishing the whole thing here.
    Most importantly, there's also another part where she shortly mentions how she too was personally approached 2 years back by some wota to hook up, but decided to refuse, which has been quite a matter of interest on matome blogs today... Again, I have got to keep a mental note of that date.

2019-03-22 17:35:00

Subject: March 21

All of fans are to me a source of hope.

I'd want to set up a place where I can meet again with everyone, and thank you directly.
    I can't say anything like "Wait for it", but I do desire to meet you once more.

Even so, I've ended up making all of you feel so distressed.
    I do believe that all of you fans didn't become idol fans to see an idol in such a condition,
    so it's alright if you decide to go on and support a girl other than me, and choose what makes you happy on your own will.

I'm sorry that I had ended up living this experience.

Right now, things are stuck, unchanged, at that handshake event where I couldn't help crying throughout, and with me being now unable to renew things after that,
    the last sight of me that I had shown in front of everyone remained that at the time of the apology...

Even though 2 months have passed since then,
    that kept being the last from me,
    the fact I had stopped the time for everyone, stuck on that worst possible image of me,
    I am truly sorry for that.

Who would have ever wanted to see such a spectacle?
    I'm truly sorry that I could only show nothing but this painful sight of me.

All my fans have allowed me to smile so much,
    and yet on the other hand I ended up making all of you feel so much sadness,
    I'm sorry.

What was better to do?
    What should I have done to get on without having to end up going through this experience?
    Two years back, when I was being proposed to hook up with someone else, would it have been better if I hadn't rejected it?
    Would I have made it here without experiencing any of this, had I decided to consort together with someone else?
    But I don't want to betray the crowd of fans out there.
    And I'd hate the thought of having to bear the reputation of being an idol who would do anything that would leave me with a guilty conscience.
    I find myself wondering why is it that only I am not allowed to hold any handshake event sessions, and why even when someone commits wrongdoings nothing still happens,
    why must it be that only the one who suffered from them has to end up in this experience?
    This is a world where those people who behave diligently keep losing out by doing so, after all...
    Why, even after such a incident took place, do I have to continue being hurt?
    If I knew I had to find myself forced to live through such a painful experience, maybe it would have been all easier if I hadn't been helped out on that time.
    Keeping on living is painful.

But even so, I had received so much happiness from all of you fans.

I have told it since the beginning,
    that my goal as an idol was to be
    "an idol that, by the time I'll graduate, will have anyone feel glad for having had me as their oshimen"

But I couldn't manage to do it, right...

I'm sorry.

For having lifted me up for all this time,
    for having gotten to like me,
    thank you.

Thank you for having given me so much happiness.

Thank you for having got to meet you.

I'm wishing for the happiness of you too, my reader.

Last edited: May 19, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 24
    • Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
  15. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    Two years back, when I was being proposed to hook up with someone else, would it have been better if I hadn't rejected it?
    Would I have made it here without experiencing any of this, had I decided to consort together with someone else?

wait a fricking minute.........the things has been on for years? then rie should know about this kind of fan-idol relationship no???

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    Why do you wanted to keep these message private?

She must to know. Actualy I think they know all. Members, staff, fans, even SG.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. DavidSorvino

DavidSorvino Kenkyuusei

when I was being proposed to hook up with someone else

Some still ask why AKS is acting this way, obtuse and stubbornly.
    Sounds like they are hiding a soft-prostitution ring, run by themselves.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 4
  18. SaitoWinterStar

SaitoWinterStar Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    I agree Maho's case is worse, but do Japan's entertainment bigwigs think so? The Sayuringo case was adultery, which I feel like in some twisted way is taken more seriously than a woman being assaulted (if AKS even admits it was assault - who knows what they are saying to people in the industry behind closed doors). Hopefully there is some industry backlash; it seems prestige and money are the only things they will respond to.

Did the handshake event go off so calmly that NGT managers thought everything was blowing over? I can only think they literally couldn't fathom Maho daring to stand up to them so publicly. Since Showroom and Twitter is where this public airing started, I was sure they were going to take control of her verified SNS accounts. I guess I underestimated the incompetence of management once again.

Maho has my greatest respect. My biggest regret now is there isn't some way to better support her - maybe once she's free of her contract she can set something up.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 1
  19. sayakalover

sayakalover Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Thank you for sharing and translating this! It upsets me so much that something outrageous happens to a member that actually likes being an idol. Maho deserves so much better. NGT is cancelled at this point.

20. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    It’s really disgusting/disheartening to see people trying to claim a girl being PHYSICALLY ASSAULTED as a “minor thing” and/or blaming Maho for the position NGT is in.

• Agree Agree x 25
    • Old Old x 1