1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

MNL is being run like a reality show like American Idol or something where only the top members get voted in. If they had advertised it as a reality show style 48G from the start there would be a lot less outrage. However, I don't think it was?

AKB SSK doesn't follow the same format, though, so it's comparing apples to oranges. Still, many of the same principles apply - fans are pressured to spend money and girls are pressured to campaign as hard as they can. I'm not surprised if any fans or members are happy about it being cancelled, but since it's a long-running establishment of the group, I'm also not surprised that some girls reacted with sadness that they won't get to participate.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. trxsh

trxsh Member

well that's trashy

(firing members for not ranking in I mean)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. KamonegiX

KamonegiX Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Well at the press conference they said ssk served it's purpose for 10 years so I think that's it

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

At the NGT one?

Well, then... I don’t know.
    I’m surprised they’d decide to let go of their biggest cash cow for good.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they started releasing unit singles ala Love Crescendo with the “safe members” just to keep the ball rolling.
    But I really don’t know how they can keep the usual release pattern knowing that they’re probably losing fans on a daily basis and the main TV stations surely want none of this mess around.

5. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Well, if it happens in AKB SSK, then only small amount of AKBs (+ eitos), bunch of SKEs, Akarin w/ her Youtube fans, HKT girls who are ranked higher than you-know-who, and NGT girls backed up w/ their "sugar wota" rich wota who will be survived :fear:

According to yesterday's press conference: "SsK CaNceLAtIoN aRe nOt ReLaTeD WiTh NgT's aSsAuLt cAsE"

While some of wota are believed with that explanation (Jurina is still unknown to participate again while Sakura went exiled to Kpop world, so only Dasu vs Naachan vs Ogiyuka with Inapooh-backup which is less exicted for public), everyone knows that 80% of SSK cancelation is because NGT's case hence 48G + AKS went degraded down by public :fp:

Like, when SSK cancelation was announced, public are more concerned with Kalafina's disbandement lol

6. Ririe

Ririe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nagatomo Ayami
    I used to be even more of a fan of Kalafina than of any other idol group during my teenage years, and the news of their disbandement (not like we did not expect it...) still broke my heart, way more than the lack of SSK this year, but I had not realized they came at the same time? Japanese people do not disappoint.

7. steph

steph Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nyan Nyan Kamen
    I dont know if it's just me or does anyone else here also think that they WON'T hold SSK again next year because of the Olympics? in fact im more surprised that they cancelled it this year rather than next year. If they were to hold it next year I can see it being earlier than the usual mid-june that we've always had, but with the preparation of the Olympics I just dont see how they would be able to hold SSK in such a busy time

8. Doflamingo

Doflamingo Member

Oshimen:
    yamadananami
    Don't forget about ex-pd48 members with kpop fans as their back up..many believe they're gonna rank so high in ssk this year with that advantage, but seems universe not friended with them

9. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Thing is, it was always gonna come to this point.
    There are no more kami-members to make battles like Acchan vs Yuko, or Sasshi vs Mayu.

The new gens haven't caught up with the old ones, so now it's only a matter of wotas battling each other for their oshis.
    Even if the general public couldn't care less about the outcome, it's still a single that sells over 2 million copies, and that's a shitload of money. For management to part with that kind of money, means that they fear the push-back would be bigger than their profits.

Still, the more I read about the Maho case, the more I doubt the 48 franchise can recover from this.

10. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Well tbh ex-pd8 contestants who "survive" in MNL-like SSK are Miru, Miu, Saepi, and prolly Myao. Lots of Kpop fans aren't enough to make girls ranked in SSK, what they need are Kpop fans with lots of money (like rich Miudans who love throwing Tokyo Tower everytime Miu does SR lewl)

Actually I glad AKS cancelled this year's SSK after that press conference. Like, could you imagine if AKS still held SSK despite of all the mess yesterday? Well, the public would be more pissed off lol

11. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Unlikely tbh. Iirc, Aki-P has expressed that he doesn't want the olympics to mix with his idols.

12. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    more like he doesnt want receive backlash from japanese netizens.i mean with so much scandals and 48g oversea didnt do any justice to 48brands, he probably thinking hard right now to either include or not include his girls.

13. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    So much scandalS? With S?

14. Wade & Wander

Wade & Wander Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    izutarina
    What do you mean overseas sister groups are not doing any justice to the 48 brand? Yes, some overseas sister groups are not successful (yet), but some overseas sister groups are thriving and earning much more than some domestic Japan sister groups.

I don't think the overseas expansion has hurt 48G at all. I am one such person who was brought into the AKB fandom through an overseas sister group.

• Like Like x 3
  15. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

so much scandals??? Did I miss anything?

16. KamonegiX

KamonegiX Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I wish they would come up with a replacement event. Janken and Request Hour don't do it for me at all, but ssk still kept me interested despite it's long run.

17. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    SSK like Kouhaku SSK would be great! one person = one vote. without calling how much votes taken

18. welp

welp Next Girls

Actually, online game business worth far more than music business. Beat Carnival winners this year are promised appearances in various magazines. If the prize is upgraded next year, fans will vote heavier. AKS may launch more games later on too.

And, how big of the portion from album sale? It's said the agency got 20% off physical sale. There is also the cost of music production and promotion and handshake events. If AKS gets 30% off online game earning and the games generate 40% of earning to album sale, AKS may even make better profit, AKS investment into game is close to zero.

• Old Old x 4
  19. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Greeting.
    You're only 10 days late.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
  20. Tommy Idoc

Tommy Idoc Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    Do you guys think they'll also cancel Janken this year? If they're going to cancel the main event of the 48 Group, might as well cancel the event that became more irrelevant throughout the years.