1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The MNL48 Thread

Discussion in 'General MNL48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 11, 2018.

1. chimew9

chimew9 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    She did. Someone said about being visual queen and she said “I’m not ate Sela ha’. In fairness to her i think she just really meant it as it is. But the first time I watched that IG her attitude and words were so full of shades that I was a bit taken a back when she mentioned Sela. But when I re-watched it I realized that she’s simply recognizing Sela as the visual queen. It’s just that Sha that time was like on and off acting funny-shady-cute-shady again-funny again... like she kept laughing but most of her words had so much deeper darker meaning not to mention the non verbal cues. But like I said i dont think she has issue with Sela at all. It was just me giving malice that time because of Sha’s sassiness in that IG live

2. Asuka Loves Walls

Asuka Loves Walls Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    From what I remember, someone commented something like "Sha is a visual" and she said something like "I'm not a visual like Ate Sela". Nothing malicious, really.

edit: ah, yes, i forgot the word "queen". Thanks to chimew9 above.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. robinrider

robinrider Kenkyuusei

If AKS can't manage what's going on in their own territory via NGT storm, what more here in overseas which is MNL right now?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mmmarky

Mmmarky Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sunrui
    Twitter:
    MmmarkISS
    Are the 2nd gen candidates being revealed today or not?

5. UnagiSushi48

UnagiSushi48 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    UnagiSushi48
    ---

Hello, everybody! This is going to be a long series of Tweets – partly because I have things on my mind that I want to express, and partly because we’re using a bazillion hashtags now to talk about stuff. They’ll probably take up, like, half of each Tweet, haha. Anyway, to start...

Point #01: THE JAPAN TRAINING. As of now, we know that members of the PFC Kami-7 are over there, including my kami-oshi, Belle. And personally, I wish she and the rest of them had NOT gone over there. (At least the members who weren’t part of the original Kami-7; obviously, Sheki and Abby and Sela would go either way.) Of course, I’m not blaming Belle at all (of course, this is NOT her fault!); I’m blaming the management for making such a poor decision in choosing to break a promise to the fans AND to the members.

If they wanted to send Moe-sensei to the Philippines as a replacement for breaking their promise, they ought to have made it VERY clear… AT THE TIME. They should have told us AT THE TIME that that was the substitute. Even more importantly, THEY SHOULD HAVE APOLOGIZED to the fans and ESPECIALLY to the original Kami-7. PUBLICLY. Not only that, but from the PFC Kami-7’s trip to Japan this week, we can clearly see that HHE actually DOES have the money to send MNL48 members over there.

Frankly, it’s a huge slap in the faces of the fans (and the original Kami-7) to do it now, because if you CAN do it; if you DO have the money, then why not send the RIGHT SEVEN, the ORIGINAL SEVEN, to Japan? It’s like rubbing it in our faces that they HAVE the option, the money, the logistics (getting visas and whatever) to keep their promises, but they don’t because THEY DON’T WANT TO. (I blame the management, NOT the girls.)

Point #02: THE GENERAL ELECTION. Last week, we fans made it clear that we want HHE to uphold AKB tradition. In the past, I’m sure that, like me, some of you were thinking, “If only AKS knew what was happening! Maybe if AKS sees what HHE is doing, this “Survivor,” terror-style of general election that’s completely against the friendly, but still competitive, Sousenkyo… If only AKS knew what was happening here in the Philippines, everything would be fixed, and everybody would be happy…”

And, in response, we got an article telling us that this… this… THIS, was what AKS wanted all along for MNL48’s Second General Election. Well, in my opinion, that makes it officially sanctioned… but AKS or no AKS, this still ISN’T AKB tradition. If you’re like me, you first started supporting MNL48 because of their connection to AKB48 as an official sister group. Because of the AKB48 songs, AKB48 system, and AKB48 tradition. We knew what to expect, and looked forward to it.

And to AKS and HHE, if you really HAD to do this; if you really HAD to hurt us this much… couldn’t you have waited a few years? Couldn’t we, the Philippine fans, have gotten from you at least ONE general election that was like how we all DREAMED it would be, happily supporting talented girls who want to fulfill their dreams? Even just ONE beautiful, joyful general election like what AKB48, JKT48, BNK48, and the other sister groups had? JUST ONE? You couldn’t really give us that? Ridiculous decisions like this ARE EXACTLY WHY CAN’T WE HAVE NICE THINGS!

Point #03: THE SECOND GENERATION ASPIRANTS. (I’ll just call them aspirants.) I can’t even begin to tell you how utterly POINTLESS it is to force the aspirants on us this close to the Second General Election. HOW could ANY of those girls even hope to match the fanbase of an official member? “Family and friends” votes won’t be enough to match a year of Facebook posts, Instagram posts, handshake events, and stage performances.

With that in mind, if even ONE aspirant makes it into the top 48… and ESPECIALLY if they became part of the Undergirls or the Senbatsu… then you will lose even MORE of our trust (if there’s even any trust left at this point) because we will know EXACTLY what happened, and how our money to buy voting tickets was basically worthless.

Point #04: HHE, YOU CAN STILL FIX THIS. I have my own suspicions about the Second General Election. About what will happen, about how things will turn out. I’m not sure that I should talk about my suspicions in public, although people are free to PM me to compare suspicions, if you’d like.

But, to address HHE: If you’re reading this, I want to tell you that there’s still time to fix this. Do endless conference calls with AKS between now and April 01. Fly some members of the upper management over to Japan today in case you need physical signatures to create new contracts for new plans that will take the place of these current ridiculous ones. Hammer out a new plan in the days left until April 01.

You can still win. You can still be heroes. Admit that this was all a big mistake. Set things right. Uphold AKB tradition. Maybe you’ll lose face for five seconds for admitting your mistake, but in exchange, you’ll get our trust back. You’ll get our respect back. You’ll get US back. Our loyalty, our support… and, yes, our money, too, because happy fans are spending fans. We’ll happily buy event tickets and official merchandise because we’ll see that you care. That our voices are heard. That we CAN make a difference; that you care about what we think.

There’s still time to fix things. There’s still time to change things. There’s still time to hear us :(

---

^ It took me thirty-six Tweets to say all that yesterday on my Twitter account. I hope they listen... but I'm not counting on it.

They won't listen.

• Like Like x 3
    • Old Old x 1
  6. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Just to make it short. If HHE really can no longer support more than 48 girls, then why hold a 2nd gen audition?

As simple as that.

It is rather obvious that they do not like some of the fan-chosen members from the original 48.

• Like Like x 3
  7. onego123

onego123 Member

I honestly think that they know that the odds of any of the new girls getting in is slim to none, and that they're just doing this to get rid of some of the 1st gen. Remember, there was only supposed to be 48 members after the first audition too. They ended up with 64 to be fair to the challengers, and the Top 48. Also if anyone from management is reading this I just want to say that I'm fine with you doing your own thing to make the AKB system more suitable to Filipino tastes. BNK, and JKT don't even follow the "AKB tradition" to a T. However I honestly believe you failed miserably in doing that, but I don't want to give up on you yet. I'm hoping/thinking that this kind of election is a 1 time thing to get down to 48 members, and that the next one will be normal.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. cykach01

cykach01 Kenkyuusei

Afaik, the term 'Kami 7' is only use during SSK/Gen election. So you really can't consider the top 7 of management senbatsu as Kami 7. Correct me if I'm wrong.

9. robinrider

robinrider Kenkyuusei

Yeah the First MNL48 Kami 7 were Sheki, Abby, Sela, Tin, Zen, Alice and Trixie.

Since Zen and Trixie went out of the group, Ella and Ash were promoted to Kami 7, previously ranked 8th and 9th respectively.

This time Ash wants to be a Kami 7 via votes, not by being promoted.

• Like Like x 3
  10. AlexWulf

AlexWulf Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    MNL48 I-School episode 26 English Subbed is now Available
    Check this link >>
    if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. cykach01

cykach01 Kenkyuusei

The promoted KKS to official members got more perks than some of the original or even promoted Kami 7. Anyway, hope the management will clear things out soon regarding the promised prizes for these girls. And also, I thought the second gen will be introduce this week, what happened?

• Like Like x 2
  12. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    We're also waiting...
    And since there's gonna be a seitansai tomorrow, there's a chance that they'll be announced there, including the 3rd single teaser

13. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    One even got to be a center lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    Oh, believe we ALL noticed.
    And I'm pretty sure a good number of us...questioned it, at least lol

• Like Like x 1
  15. cykach01

cykach01 Kenkyuusei

Well won't be surprised if these girls will be in senbatsu or even kami 7, they're talented anyway...and obviously gained lot of fans due to constant exposures...which is a bit sad for the Kami 7 bcoz they werent given the same pushed . Also, somehow hoped that the management did the same towards the other members too especially the underrated ones.... because all the girls are worth the push anyway. If they were given the same treatment and pushed like the former KKS for sure they will also gain more fans and be recognize. If only that happened, the mgmt wouldn't have to eliminate them just becoz they're not seen as 'bankable' and have 'lesser' fans lol.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. chimew9

chimew9 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Lol speaking of Kami 7’s ‘disservice’ (I dont really know the more appropriate term for this lol), the member that really took the hit was Tin. Like she wasn’t even my oshi but I felt so bad for her. You could barely see her in Aitakatta MV and she wasnt even considered in the trip to Japan selection. Like all of a sudden HHE explained that ‘There’s a grading system in picking who’ll be chosen for the Japan trip’. Such a big deal of a criteria when all they’ll gonna do really is a Japan culture tour and watch a big AKB48 event LOL. Like seriously why not simply give that privilege to the Kami 7 ey?

I dont really mind if the management wanted to push their bets but I wish they also respected the Kami 7 that time. Atleast made them feel that it wasnt simply a ranking but it had its honours and perks. They could have waited for the 2nd single before they started the ‘pushing’. What the Management did kinda invalidated the purpose of General Election really. It’s not just a disservice for the Members but also to the fans.

Best hoping that in the next GE, the management gives what the next Kami 7 deserves.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. cykach01

cykach01 Kenkyuusei

Probably they don't like the line up of the first Kami 7. I highly believe we'll be having a new line up of Kami 7 and a high chance that mgmt's fave will be part of it. Then maybe,theyll start giving 'importance' to the Kami 7 because of it. I feel bad for Tin tho, she earned her spot but was always overlooked.

18. chimew9

chimew9 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    The point is it should not matter if the management liked the lineup or not, they gave the public the power to vote for the girls’ ranking so the management should have respected the result especially the Kami 7. The management had multiple opportunities to choose their own senbatsu after the first single so they should have waited before pushing the management faves.

• Like Like x 2
  19. robinrider

robinrider Kenkyuusei

365 Days Of Paper Planes - 3rd single

True, respect and accept the 1st GE result. The disrespect probably in place starting from the white filtered AGM MV.

• Like Like x 2
  20. cykach01

cykach01 Kenkyuusei

Any prediction for this year's kami 7?