1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Keyakizaka46 8th [Kuroi Hitsuji] (2019/02/27)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 14, 2019.

1. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

I honestly hope we start seeing different kind of choreography. I know Takahiro's choregraphy is "art" but it makes the girls look less like a pop group and more like a dance troupe doing interpretive dance to some background music. It gets tiresome seeing the girls lip syncing such that their mouths aren't in sync with the music or not even moving at all, or spending the entire time with their hair in front of their face.

If Yuipon were center I would hope we would see a single that focuses on singing and less on Takahiro's choreography.

• Dislike Dislike x 9
    • Like Like x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. Xiphyas

Xiphyas Next Girls

Oshimen:
    みなさん 美玖をお寿司かない

Is the first time I read/heard something like that. Takahiro-sensei (beyond members) is a fundamental piece on Keyakizaka 'soul', even if he doesn't do a choreography, you can notice his influence on the group. His presence has been part of the success of keyakizaka and it is very well known how highly respected he is.

In addition, with the trajectory Takahiro-sensei has, it is an honor to have him in Keyakizaka46.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 6
  3. Asphyxia

Asphyxia Kenkyuusei

but that's how Keyakizaka nuke the idol world lol.
    I don't think you need to fix something that isn't broken.

• Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    I don't think Techi is graduating this year, based on her Rockin On interview. I think it was meant to be like a baton touch of the center position. Although like @Yuxune said, it would be a bit odd to put that in a performance. It's just my perception based on the push Pon is getting lately. I hope I'm right though, although she wouldn't be who I choose as the next center.

idk what people are saying, Techi's lips are clearly moving (there's a clear difference between her here and in performances where she doesn't bother lipsyncing) plus she's clearly singing live lol. As for Takahiro I can't see him not choreographing for Keyaki any time soon, he's an essential part of Keyaki's image.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Honestly I agree with Gish here, Takahiro is feeling seriously stale. I appreciate him, but he's starting to typecast Keyaki. I'd like to see something different.

• Disagree x 9
    • Like x 6
    • Agree x 3
    • Winner x 3
    • Dislike x 1
  6. glsone

glsone Member

I wouldnt mind another choreographer doing some work with Keyaki. It would do them some good to learn a different style, learn to tell a different kind of story. I don't want Takahiro replaced for good, but there's nothing wrong with diversity.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    if you get a different choreographer you're probably not going to get a story, which isn't necessarily bad. that's how every other group does it.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Keya isn't like every other group, and personally, I like it that way.

• Like Like x 15
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. Xiphyas

Xiphyas Next Girls

Oshimen:
    みなさん 美玖をお寿司かない
    The disrespect towards Takahiro-sensei work, really surprises me.

Thanks to Takahiro-sensei you have the Keyakizaka you know and the group you are fans. Thanks to Takahiro-sensei the girls developed the aura you can feel on stage, and their unique personality as "idol group". Thanks to Takahiro-sensei many minor idol groups are creating more artistic and deep choreography of which we have the privilege to enjoy for more than 3 years. And a long etcetera.

I can not believe that after all this time, the work of Takahiro-sensei "no longer like it".

I made that comment public on my groups, I received a lot of criticism. Like a blasphemy.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    To be clear, I appreciate Takahiro and would rather they kept him and have him lead meaningful choreography changes than change choreographer altogether.. I just feel the differences between different singles' choreography are becoming very superficial. I crave for something really fresh, like the early days.

The issue of whether or not that's a good thing aside, there's no basis behind this argument.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

I understand my opinion is in the minority but I don't believe I'm "disrespecting" Takahiro or his work.
    That's like if someone were to say that I "hate" Techi just because I would like to see someone else be center.
    I wouldn't mind seeing them sing songs written by someone other than Aki-P but that doesn't mean I'm disrespecting Aki-P or that I think they should never work with him again.

And for what its worth, I'm not against Takahiro in particular. I actually really like the choreography for Tokimeki Sou.
    My main problem (not really a problem, more like an opinion) is that I don't feel like Takahiro's overly narrative and complex choreography allows the girls to shine as individuals. To illustrate this, today I was lamenting the fact that in J-Pop we don't usually get fancams like they do in K-Pop (where a camera is close-up on one girl and follows her around for the whole performance). But even if we did, it wouldn't matter for most of Keyaki's A-Side performances since the stage is so poorly lit and they spend so much time with their hair in front of their faces you can barely tell who is who. When I watched the Kuroi Hitsuji performance on SakamichiTV I was like "Is Neru even performing? How can I even tell?" Basically, I think the choreography should be made in service to the girls, rather than girls exist to serve the choreography if that makes sense.
    My other issue is that singing is more important to me than dancing. So obviously I would prefer Nogi or Hinata style choreography over Keyaki style.

• Disagree Disagree x 9
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Asphyxia

Asphyxia Kenkyuusei

Takahiro-sensei is the only choreographer I know who connects his heart to members. I still remember that time when in AKB46 Show! (I forgot the episode) but that was during 69th Kouhaku, he was very upset that made him burst in to tears because the girls who gave their best and give all the Feelings during the performance did not won. hes not just a teacher hes also like a father to the group that all member admire.

Anyway no need to argue here, everyone has the right to share their opinion anyway.
    I just want everyone to appreciate the effort of this genius and loving sensei.

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. DIO

DIO Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    wadamaaya
    i love futari sezon choreography where almost every member have their own part/moment to shine for example like neru with w-watanabe part....but right now most importantly as long as just techi can shine
    individually i think we just need to happy with it....:flower:

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. Rev4

Rev4 Member

2nd gen members told the reason why they applied to Keyaki over other idol groups. It was the songs and dance performance that members expressed with emotions make it look like a movie by bringing up Hiraishin for example that was performed at a handshake event Hono attended.

I can't see a classic idol MV with these members not even with 2nd gen. We have Nogi and Hinata for that. I'm pretty sure 2nd gen can be good at variety but I don't see them as classic idols in songs. So the management and Aki-P should continue with what they are doing to not upset Japanese fans who buy their CDs, photobook and merchandise.

We already have unit songs where camera focus on each member. When they are a full group is when they stand out among other idol groups.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 5
  15. Hiraishin

Hiraishin Member

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Oricon 4th week sales: 20.192
    (total: 869.989 copies)

Their highest 4th week (Fukyouwaon was 17.586 and silent majority 17.198)

• Like Like x 4
  16. Rev4

Rev4 Member

I had a feeling Keyaki is also appealing to casual audience who is the reason why Keyaki's singles and even album have long legs.

With big push of 2nd gen for omotenashikai I see what the management is doing. They want a reborn of the group after the loss of Zuumin and now Neru. I can't help by thinking Matsuri (Rina Matsuda) with a Zuumin replacement in mind for management when they picked her. Guitar? Check. Good song voice to develop? Check. A member who doesn't want to perform only songs that are against society? Check.

We are always going to need a sign of life in the group that Zuumin gave. It was her decision to graduate to become more independent. She told she was spoiled by the management.

Doesn't Aki-P writes lyrics that fits members personality? I get that expression. With celebration in 2016 when many members were still high school students who climbed to become idols (who weren't accepted by anyone else) we saw in Futari Saison and W-Keyakizaka MVs. After that it was back to Saimajo theme with against the society such as Fukyouwaon and Eccentric.

The album made Getsu the new A-side which got a MV, and again, against the society. Kaze ni changed colour and we got a meaning of living and how it feels to make a suicide in Hiraishin. But we haven't had a new song like Kaze ni, Futari Saison, Sekai and Taiyou wa in a long time. With 2nd gen having variety that could probably change Aki-P's lyrics to some positive vibe but I don't think he will move away from Techi entirely. She will get a new single as center in the future like Ikoma did.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  17. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    They do have really good long legs compared to other artists because of their genuine appeal...

But, they did have two handshake events last week....

18. Rev4

Rev4 Member

In other words, it should get a bump next week by Keyaki performing 3 days in Osaka.

A little bit strange with two 3rd anniversary lives. Oh well, the management messed up in the first place and added Budokan in May.

19. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    is it takahiro that decide keyakizaka style, or takahiro that adapt his choregraphy to the lead production decided by management?

To me it's more the latter. Someone creative has no problem being flexible in his work.

Look at AKB leading production, latest singles look all the same : heavy idol style, with some glimpse of Kpop because it's trending.

20. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Kuroi Hitsuji choregraphy looks really cool :cool:, especially in the live performance. It is a more androgynous style suitable for Techi and Keyaki's image :worthy: