1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

NGT48 Assault Case

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by Cisalpine88, Jan 9, 2019.

1. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    • Like Like x 2
  2. ysa73

ysa73 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Rissen Airi
    • Like Like x 16
    • Informative Informative x 3
  3. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    In the past, Maho has claimed many times that band members were involved even when management said they weren't. I'm sorry I got it wrong in connection, she didn't say it this time round, but she has said in the past that members were involved even after management said that Maho spoke up before she really knew what had happened (this was back in January) and now, after the press conference, she also told us that what they are saying is mostly BS because they didn't talk to her or the police, so how can you take anything the press conference revealed take seriously?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Jake Adelstein is a phenomenal douche and not someone to be trusted imo. He's basically the go-to gaijin journalist in Japan for lazy editors who want a shocking quote or two about how awful Japan is https://globalitewatchdog.wordpress.com/2015/10/20/jake-adelstein-tokyo-vice-japan-journalist/

There are plenty of shady things going on with how AKS/NGT Management have acted but I wouldn't rely on Adelstein as a journalist.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
  5. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

Another good example that “journalism” has been dead for years. :approve:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Yeah, I should have put "journalist" in air quotes :lol:

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    then there must be something stopping her mentioning those members

but isn't in the third party report there is this member A that confessed that one of the attacker gang members asked her whether or not Maho was still in the bus and she gave them the answer, but the management dont consider it an involvement because she do it because that one asking is a frequent on her HS and dont know that they are planning to attack Maho. could you say that member A is involved or not?

8. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Japan has draconian defamation laws where truth is not a defence. That is why Maho had to use the unfollow and like/dislike tactic to point to who was involved.

That would be predicated on whether you think it actually happened that way or not.

• Agree Agree x 8
  9. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    have to admit that i'm not familiar with Japanese defamation law.

well then, according to Maho's like and dislike tactic, have we figured out who member A is?

10. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    About what's "facts" and what's "fiction". My own issue with the whole thing is that even in the committee report there was not much in the way of facts taken into consideration, even as for whatever facts are there to substantiate the committee conclusions. I have read the whole document, I have to guess everyone in Japan has read the whole thing as well and in all cases the evaluation was anything but positive.

For one thing, like it was pointed out from the start, there's no statement about the "scope of investigations" as it should be in the case of a third-party commission. If this possibly was -- rather than researching on the private connections between members and fans -- about their involvement in the assault by providing informations, then the conclusion was not even that "it proved there's no connection", but rather a gray-zone "no indication of connivance in the incident could be physically determined".

And even if the purpose was to research on the background of the incident, there was also very little if no collaboration from the police in accessing those informations, or from the housing agency renting out the building, or from the previous management besides what I had translated on Twitter previously. The sequence of events both leading to and following the incident is completely uninvestigated, not least because of the reasons above.
    Add to it also that a third-party committee has no power to coerce investigations and has to work on whatever is given, a point AKS missed.

As told here, the sequence of events going from the day of the attack up until the day Maho made her confession on Showroom is in particular completely missing, as there's nothing to describe what sort of actions were taken by the management in the meantime to deal with Maho's condition and the incident as AKS claims to have done, or why Maho was put on a forced hiatus during that time as she herself told. I repeat, not even the reason the culprits were released without prosecution was clarified.

Actually, there's a part, almost unnoticeable for its size, in the section about consorting with fans on page 21 which mentions how "following this incident, several members have voluntarily confessed to have been consorting with fans before".
    This, I believe, does not refer to the anonymous survey conducted by the committee itself, which was about other members and also included hearsay, but it's probably about a previous inquiry in which members were requested to _self-confess_ about their past relationship with fans, which Imamura was rumored to have conducted back in December 20.
    As unreliable as it is, I think this is the same inquiry that Bunshun early mentioned in one of their previous issues and in which 8 members had allegedly self-confessed in the end, although even if it took place I have to figure it went differently from what the tabloid described, just like anything they have written so far on this case.
    I guess this is what Maho was referring to when talking about members who had admitted to have had relationships with the criminal group.

Also, the yakkai wotas involved in the assault were contacted but turned out to be unavailable for further answering, of course, and only Man #3 offered to participate, but AKS rejected once they heard that it was on condition of lifting his ban at idol event venues.
    It should be said that all of the dialogues found in the transcript where they explain how they managed to come there and the extent of the member's involvement came from voice data that Maho herself cared to record and then submit, without her work not even that would have been available for examination, mind you, and that was apparently not considered enough of a lead.

As for the various clarifications from the police, this is another detail that only came out because, again, the police verified and reported it to Maho back at the time, and which in turn she informed to the committee:
    One of the things that surfaced is that Man #1 had actually been renting rooms in another 3 buildings all over the city of Niigata besides the one in question -- one of them was in the same building as member C was living, in fact.
    No further investigation were taken, of course, even the status of the house renting wasn't checked or taken into account, from what I can see, apart from noting that they were monthly-fee apartments at Maho's building, and Man #1 told that he had rented one in advance.
    Interestingly, the statement by Maho that the room used to belong to another member (presumably member B) before the assailants rented it months ago is one of the few points of her confession to have been outright ignored, despite having long been a point of debate and having been identified as a particular related to the information leak, like in that Nikkan Sumai article and as pointed out again on the author's blog after the release of the report.
    Besides, this raises one further question of how a 25-year old man who was reported on early news as unemployed (or a simple college student, if it's the other assailant) manages to rent a grand total of 4 rooms to his name in different buildings, again, coincidentally one being the room member B lived in months before, and another in the same building C lives.

Another thing, which I notice was pointed out by the Asahi Shinbun reporter at the press conference, is that the part regarding the proofs of non-involvement is incredibly poor in content. Go read the bottom of page 10 and you can see it just amounts to two lines saying this, before taking them as good and calling it case closed, basically making it a matter of "your words against my words":
    "C/B testimony:
    C/B denied any involvement in today's incident
    "
    Only A was naive enough to have told she had been accosted by Man #3 and let him know about Maho's schedule. Yet in her testimony it turned out he additionally asked whether or not member E (also living in the same complex as Maho) was riding on the bus along with Maho, for whatever reason. Again, no questions raised about why they cared so much.

Yet, in spite of all the doutbs raised by the above details and the fact that these members clearly shared personal space closely with yakkai wotas and that all the informations were relayed to them verbally one way or another, they have no choice but to refute accusations by coming up with alternate theories that don't involve members, such as this at page 11-12.
    "As for the process through which the suspects came to know about Yamaguchi's room number, it is unclear without the collaboration of the suspects in the committee's inspections. But since Man #1 had rented another different room in the same building and could enter freely into said building, he could have waited for Yamaguchi to return and followed her along to determine the room, or he could have looked inside the mailbox to determine the address on mails, or he did see what mail box Yamaguchi took the mail from, even without member's involvement..."

This is the note on which the section about the case's investigation ends, rebutting a theory with another theory, which is pure sophism that is no better than Internet theories (in fact, paradoxically enough, I have to imagine the "Internet detectives" had much more informations and pre-existing knowledge at hand than the lawyers that were called in on it).
    See how much it makes sense, since for this proposition to work they would have to already know the address to know in which building in Niigata to rent an apartement in the first place (since it's also a building with an automatic lock at the entrance allowing no free movement inside).
    Lazy and inconclusive don't even begin to describe the whole report.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 18
    • Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    I don't take the press conference seriously, it was a complete disaster and only further confirms how incompetent and lost the people trying (if it can be called trying) to run things are. The report is a different matter. It was lacking in many respects which cisalpine points out above, especially in regard to what happened leading up to the attack and the handling afterward. But it gives us the most complete account of the event itself in more detail than Mahohon was able to convey through her tweets and Showroom, as well as some external background, e.g. regarding the housing situation (even though details on that are still too sparse).

I don't remember any of her likes pointing out specific members. She did unfollow members, but she only unfollowed two after the attack and those were probably B and C. A could have been one of the two she wasn't following, or someone without a twitter account. Or someone else. Given the timing, the member might have been someone who performed in that night's Team G stage: any Team G member, or one of three (four?) kenkyuusei filling in for Tano, Seiji, and Nishimura. But maybe she was at the theater for another reason that day, practicing or (if another kenkyuusei) watching her seniors perform. I don't remember any other hints in the report but I may have just missed them.

Since A self-confessed her involvement, perhaps she was feeling guilty over the part she played, however unintentional. Maybe enough to voluntarily suspend herself...

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    i see your point and i am glad you dont immediately paint member A as an evil member without much proofs on her intention

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I think it’s more complicated than that.

Management is to blame in how they are (not) dealing with the incident.
    But, in my opinion, the main culprits (apart from the attackers) are the girls who got too comfy and facilitated this to happen.

I wrote a while ago:

My opinion hasn’t changed much.

It all boils down to management trying to protect certain girls for whatever reasons.
    They had no objections in letting Hirajima and Yonezawa apologise and graduate.
    No objections to punish Sasshi and send her to HKT.
    No objections in uploading Miichan’s video.

But apparently since then, they basically let it all in the hands of fans, as we’ve seen with Nakai and Yukirin.

Still, the NGT case has been brewing for a while.
    Nakai was involved in some scandals and nothing happened to her. There were cases of bullying and, as far as we know, management didn’t get involved. So of course the girls were gonna go one step further and start this sinister business.

Management is to blame for not having better security on the girls (put some OJS in those dorms?), but it’s still the girls who allowed and brought this upon themselves.

Maho has basically lost everything now. Unless the Japanese entertainment industry has change in the last decade, this is another Ami Suzuki in the making.
    I’m just wondering what’s stopping her from tweeting those ABCD names and quitting for good, because it’s obvious that management is not gonna let appear in front of fans anytime soon.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  14. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

On Max Toki 315 from Akihabara to Niigata
    Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    The case of member A was rumored a long time ago.

15. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    Member A was on the same bus as maho that night, presumably she also performed on the same stage....was runa one of the members performing that day?

16. ayyu

ayyu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    Ive been stalking this site and this story for a long time, just wanted to give m 2 cent.

From our view it seems like this mess could of been avoided if they had just fired the 2 members involved for maho, and most conclude the reason they did not was because they were popular.

but i get the feeling the situation in NGT was much messier and tangle then that. since alot of girls where dating/bringing boys to the dorm. if they had kicked those 2 out, it would open a can of worms - the male fans/criminals/bfs would maybe expose other members of groups who where breaking the rules or expose prior incidents with other members who where never kicked out etc.

i speculate the criminals have dirt on other members/management or high connections and if their oshi is kicked out they will burn the entire group. whereas if their oshi is not kicked out they are more likely to protect the group.Keep other girls scandals from being exposed. There is still a strong chance most wota will stick with their oshi in NGT imo, but if more girls are exposed their sales and wota fanbase will be more affected.

this is the only logical explanation i can think of on why they wouldnt just suspend or quietly remove the 2 suspected members, i know HS is important but there would of been others.

or maybe, management are just that insanely incompetent.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

But... no?

They could have let the scandals come out and deal with them like they’ve dealt with every other scandal for the past 5 years.

What they did was allow these fuckers get so tangled into the NGT network that now they can’t shake one off without bringing down half the group.

If a girl is living on her own in a separate apartment, she can do whatever.
    The moment she’s sharing a whole floor with other members it becomes irresponsible, because she’s not just letting an outsider in, she’s letting him know the ins and outs of other members.

So again, the girls who are into this are to blame.
    And management is to blame because they don’t have the balls to do the right thing and free NGT and the whole 48 franchise from the scourge that those girls represent.

Had they done the right thing, their sponsors would have seen they meant right.
    Now? It’s obvious there’s some insidious business going on they want to protect, so who the fffffff would want to get involved with them?

• Agree Agree x 15
  18. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    a part of me believes management is more interested in "punishing" and discrediting mahon than actually fixing the problems in the group.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 5
  19. ayyu

ayyu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    i agree with you? lol.

maybe what i was trying to say didnt come across clearly, i think any members involved should of been kicked out, but i think they were scared the rest of the mess, tangled mess would possible escalating to involve other girls and show mangment failing.

just trying to make sense of their thinking

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    A long article with an intriguing title (original and yahoo news version):

"NGT 48 hotbed of an outrageous event, management of "trouble" not to ask for private connection"

"NGT48 hot spot of nasty events, private connection asking "trouble" fan Crisis management Sin of operation that failed management, still-going speculation"

I don't trust google translate, but I liked the conclusion.

"If the group's image is downed due to a management failure and the number of opportunities and opportunities for many members working seriously is reduced, it is only unfortunate. There is no better way to restore trust than by more than 48 people who are general producers such as Akimoto, who is more seriously responsible for dealing with problems and sending out and dealing with them. I feel so strong."

https://withnews.jp/article/f0190326002qq000000000000000G00110101qq000018934A
    https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20190325-00000001-withnews-ent