1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

NGT48 Assault Case

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by Cisalpine88, Jan 9, 2019.

1. junjou19

junjou19 Member

I'm surprised people aren't talking too much about the implications of the compensated dating that seems to be happening. That former SKE girl said that members had been exchanging sexual favors for votes for a while, and if this is true, it means that this isn't just something that's been going on in NGT. I have to wonder, how long has this been going on? Which members, both current and former, have participated in something like this? If it's been happening in NGT and SKE, there's no reason to believe it hasn't been happening in any other group (except maybe NMB since we all know how well they rank in elections :p). And of course if this kind of stuff has been going on we have to wonder which girls participated and which girls didn't but still knew it was happening. I don't want to doubt the members I love, but when you take all this into consideration, it casts every member who ranked high and every member who made sudden leaps up the ranks into suspicion. And as much as I love the figurehead members, they couldn't have not known this was going on, right? There's no way someone in the soukantoku position, who's supposed to be watching over all the members, could've not known about this, right?

I hate thinking like this, but with this incident there's no way I can sweep it under the rug, either. Even if there's no evidence this was happening in other groups, the possibility is still there, and as long as it is, I just can't ignore it...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    I'm confused. How does one of many examples of Ayakani being dumb (or ignorant/naive) disprove she's dumb? Thinking you're clever doesn't mean you are.

https://akb48-matome.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/184.jpg
    "It is not the one who does her job seriously who succeeds, but the one who does her job well (or skillfully). Seriousness doesn't equate to success." She's not wrong... although it also doesn't really mean anything.

Er, she didn't say "sexual favours". Because of the flexibility of the term つながり people keep jumping to that conclusion, but from the actual accounts it seems more like personal recognition, chatting, hanging out, or partying. Heads of fan comittees or other core fans having their oshimen's LINE contacts, etc. Maybe it went beyond that occasionally, e.g. Rika having a fan sleep over, but there's no reason to think that was always the case, even in cesspools like SKE.

The possibility has always been there...

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    • Old x 6
    • Like x 4
    • Disagree x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Dislike x 1
  3. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

This is all so horrid. I never imagined that the 48G would end up having suspicions of exchanging favors for election votes and stuff like that. Tbh, that's also why I quit being a fan of the group. I became a fan before SSK and always hated the whole concept. It was a huge cash cow for the group and for sure gave them their many million seller singles but now here are the downsides of these competitions. With everything that's going on in k-pop too I wonder about how much of the underbelly of the idol industry do we actually know about, it's unsettling to me considering how many young girls are involved.

And honestly, Suda's comments are disgusting. I understand where she's coming from in saying that framing the members who gave out Maho's info as evil and whatever will tarnish their reputation without being sure of their intent, and they are very young blah blah blah, but where is the concept of personal responsibility left? these girls aren't 6 years old, they should face the consequences of their actions and even though it's very sad and their careers will be over, they shouldn't have stepped over the lines they did in the first place. Of course by now it's unlikely that anyone will be fired or punished, I agree that the girls who were involved should be fired, but if they are popular members we know how that will go (as in, nothing will happen to them).

• Agree Agree x 24
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. echibrat

echibrat Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Never thought I'd one day be glad that NMB ssk ranking is so low... lol

• Agree Agree x 17
    • Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Creative Creative x 3
  5. ogiyukaa

ogiyukaa Kenkyuusei

It's been three months since Maho spoke up and I seriously still can't believe she did it, amazing

I'm so glad this whole thing hasn't died down and people didn't just move on so easily. This hits so many topics and things that happen in Japan, their society, and the industry that needed to be looked at and talked about, I'm so glad she spoke up for herself and for others.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. junjou19

junjou19 Member

ah I didn't realize she hadn't actually said sexual favors. it's still not an ideal situation but i guess cheating without prostitution is better than using prostitution to cheat.
    and yeah the possibility has always been there but this case gives pretty strong evidence that it's actually happening.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

7. GATX105

GATX105 Member

We're not even sure what is actually happening in NGT and to what degree and we're already spreading it to other groups?
    I think there was a very early translation that Maho was saying/complaining that she can't understand why (some) girls in NGT were being allowed to do what is prohibited in other groups. Or something along those lines.

And if we're using the SSK as some sort of inference point, just think of paruru (a high-ranking member) and think whether it's likely if she would exchange fan favors for votes (maybe salty favors? lol). I think there's also members that are likely to go to management if they knew something "prohibited" was going on.

• Like Like x 9
  8. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    The accusations have been spreading over the internet after a certain former SKE48's member tweet. And she has no reason to lie about something like that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

If this is Dasu, sometimes I wish Sasshi never grad or Takamina never grad, so the one bugged with the question is someone else with actual knowledge of the problem.
    You are right, Who the hell is Dasu to risk her career and even her group reputation for speaking about a group she isn't part of?

Heck, Yukirin should be a better fit to fill the role instead.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. GATX105

GATX105 Member

I think we're not even sure what exactly she or her statement means. It's also very general, no who (other than SKE composed of a boatload of members past and present), when, what, where and no allegation that SKE management knew or tolerated it. We've also seen SG management dish out sanctions for just meeting fans in private.

I think it's prudent to wait for just a bit more information on this one before we start with very unpleasant (and very unverified) assumptions towards girls that have given us a lot of entertainment and enjoyment over the years.

11. ethereallimbo

ethereallimbo Kenkyuusei

If you don't remember the details don't spread rumors based on vague recollections. The least you can do is look up the quote.

You want NGT48 to disband? Anyone who wants that is dismissive of Maho's wishes. It's going against what she explicitly said.

• Dislike Dislike x 8
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Takamina?

The Takamina, during Hirajima and Yonezawa's dating scandal said that you can't be in AKB if you want to date but went 180° when it was Minegishi who had the scandal?

Takamina was also, if not an even bigger, management puppet.

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. infinitehippos

infinitehippos Member

I agree, we don't really know anything about her motives in making the statement. For all we know it could be purely out of spite.

If it was a widespread problem which had been going on for a long time then frankly I'd have expected that the Japanese tabloids would have published something years ago ...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  14. primermicarrucha

primermicarrucha Future Girls

what rumors are you talking about? i'm only going by maho's accusations. as for the "quote" - i think i got the gist of it and figured anyone who has been following this case would know what i was referring to. i wouldn't know how to look up a random thing someone said in japanese that i can't exactly remember the translation of, yeah? very sorry. at any rate, the point of the "quote" wasn't to be exact, but was meant to show that it doesn't make sense to downplay her involvement based on the premise that she's just dumb and go too close to fans. there's no reason to think she couldn't have deeper involvement unless you don't believe maho's story or have some other agenda. wlerin is still dismissing it by saying her quote doesn't mean anything. apparently nothing she does or says means anything. maho is just confused! nothing to see here folks!

oh, and i don't know why you think i want them to disband. i don't.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    Even if that’s not what she wanted, unfortunately the bungled damage control may have driven the situation so far that NGT48 needs to be disposed of to prevent tainting other brands.

• Agree Agree x 11
  16. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    I don't mean the fact she said it means nothing, but that what she said is effectively meaningless, a truism. "The one who succeeds succeeds." Well duh how long did it take you to figure that one out.

At least you didn't bring up her supposedly expressing relief over the two criminals being released from police custody. That one was completely taken out of context and clearly about finding a slipper she'd thought lost.

Uh? Publicity? There's plenty of reasons she might lie about it. (Not saying she did, but I don't see how this is any more credible that the other SKE turned AV model who claimed 50% of SKE was sexually active while in the group.)

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Old Old x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. primermicarrucha

primermicarrucha Future Girls

i know what you meant. but it does have subtext, yeah? i think you are dismissing it being connected to maho. you quoted the wrong person, btw.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    You clearly don't if you think I am. It's hard to imagine what else she could be referring to.

Especially considering the photos she chose.

Oops. Fixed.

• Dislike Dislike x 4
  19. Dirkkun

Dirkkun Kenkyuusei

April 3 (Wed)
    http://40298ch.com/test/read.cgi/karakoro/1548413013/309
    • The (former) timeslot for Niigata Friend will be taken over by Hinatazaka de Aimashou (Hiragana Oshi) on certain stations.
    • Honwara comic strip about the case.
    • Ogino tweeted pictures of herself. People noted the similarities between pics and her FNS backstage video from December.
    • Unverified claim about Ogiyuka's lineage.
    • Rumor that parents of NGT members are entering Niigata. Parent/guardians briefing in progress?
    • Wezzy: Article about AKS and their desire to make it about "The problem personality of Yamaguchi Maho".
    • Article about Nakai's fan recruitment drive. Over 2k comments on Yahoo news.
    • EXTRA: Video of Hidetomi Tanaka on AbemaPrime about Aki-P's silence.
    Edit: Extra and fixes.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 11
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I'm sorry, what?

• Like Like x 3