1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The MNL48 Thread

Discussion in 'General MNL48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 11, 2018.

1. onego123

onego123 Member

An event space owned by ABS-CBN that looks like a tent. Can fit a little over 3,000 people.
    The-ABS-CBN-Just-Love-Bazaar-is-the-first-public-event-to-be-done-in-the-ABS-CBN-Vertis-Tent.jpg DOPbWaWVwAIR0J1.jpg

Fun Fact: Ayala Malls is where the Tokyo Girls Collection store(company MNL is suppose to model for) is going to open sometime this month.

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. Team L Best Team

Team L Best Team Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murakawabibian
    Why did Sela center both UmiSaya and Igai ni Mango last concert? Lei is the official center of UmiSaya.

Disappointing to see shady comments re: "Gen 1.5" possibly getting centers when this kind of thing happens with "Ori48" members themselves.

3. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Centering a non MV promoted song is very different from one with an MV and promoted almost like an A-side. And I rather an ori48 gets more opportunity than a management chosen 1.5 gen.

I didn't know Lei was the center of UmiSaya. I would have thought it should be Sheki if performed by the kami 7 and Sela if team L since she's the highest ranker in the team. Though if it really is Lei, at least an ori48 gets a push.

4. Cxstridert's mikhail

Cxstridert's mikhail Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    Did anyone update mnl48 members pics for 365 on wiki page?

5. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    unless it came from the official site, I won't update it :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    In the concert one girl per team got to center both songs that they performed (well except First Rabbit since that's w/center). Sheki, Coleen, and Sela were the centers for the performance. They didn't really change up the formations that much too, I guess for everyone to have an easier time with the choreography?

7. Jurinavenclaw

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Wait, so Abby was shafted over that management-chosen 1.5 gener member?

Darn.. Coleen should make it to kami 7 with all the push she's getting.

8. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    If I remember correctly Abby was in spot 3 or 4 in 1234 Yoroshiku cause Coleen sang Jurina's first line then Brei sang Matsui Rena's first line. It does feel weird that Sheki and Sela get to center but Abby doesn't.

9. nuclearsoda

nuclearsoda Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    I've been lurking in this thread for awhile now and you guys are definitely over reacting, and I'm gonna blatantly side with management on this one.

We dont know any of their plans due to i guess confidentiality but why are we suddenly coming at them like every decision they've made had been massive mistakes. Yes they have a history of bad decisions during the start of mnl, but are really going to ignore the fact that management has also been growing as much as the members themselves?

Management has been constantly doing everything they can to please you guys whether it be mv quality, training, or publicity, yet the moment they do something that isn't in line with what you want you come at them with pitchforks.

MNL is a business above all else and yes businesses should be prepared to not make money within the first few years, but they're not just not making money but i believe they're also bleeding it. Bleeding money is a red flag for any business and a sign something needs to be done. While we're happy that production has been better and they've gotten more capable staff. But are they selling enough to even break even in production cost let alone member salaries. Has the fandom sales been enough to keep the group afloat.

HHE isn't the only one financing as well remember they have sponsors and investors that they need to please. And if sales figures aren't satisfactory to those companies/individuals, I'm sorry but mnl isn't gonna last much longer.

I don't agree with everything they do, in fact this ssk is a head scratcher but I'm not gonna go and spew insults and berate them neither will i boycott or forget that they've made decisions that benefit the group and the girls.

I love mnl and the girls but I won't let my emotions take over without even knowing the whole story and sad to say but companies will never give us the full story.

Either you learn to accept that management will have to make sacrifices along the way to make mnl great or watch mnl crash and burn while they try to constantly please your every wish no matter how detrimental it is to longevity.

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  10. Jurinavenclaw

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    And you're exactly the kind of fan management would love, congratulations.

And if more fans were like you, Faith and other ori48 members would have been replaced by challengers a year ago.

And again, sure its a business. However, if they can only support 48 girls, given they already have 50+ girls, why call for a second gen audition then? And no, don't tell me AKS ordered it. Unlikely, since even AKS don't always hold annual auditions.

It is rather right for fans to call on management for its BS.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. nuclearsoda

nuclearsoda Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    It's actually funny that you mention faith as she is my kami, even before top 200 when i saw her at rank 190 i supported her and I've watched her get to where she is after almost getting eliminated multiple times.

And i understand that she got screwed over at the start but that doesn't take away that now that she's proven herself to be an absolute handshake monster she's never missed a single, management actively sends her to promotions if possible, and even supports her now. All signs that management is improving as well. I'm a feito super fan and I've made that clear in the last mnl thread before it was closed and ofc i was angry when she was put in the bottom 7 during showtime but I'm not gonna dwell on it forever especially when now she's proven to be a top member and showed that she is a fan favourite.

But at the same time I've grown to love coleen and without the challenger mess with wouldn't have her, I'm supporting the challenger mess that they created but I'm acknowledging that without that decision from management i wouldn't have found my ni-oshi. And i hope you wont deny that coco has also had her fair share of achievements and proven herself to the fandom.

I love and adore both feito and coco and guess what management actively had a hand in getting this girls to where they are now, coco a management pick and feito the girl who fought management and everything that was thrown at her to get to where she is today (arguably the face of MNL to the fandom)

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Jurinavenclaw

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Well that management-chosen member Cole definitely should gain much popularity and make it to kami 7 by votes this time, considering the massive push she received. If she doesn't even make it to senbatsu this election, then her push is a failure.

I have no problem with fans liking the management chosen and shoved members. Though I personally prefer supporting the ori48 girls. Sadly, it seems management wants to remove some girls from the ori48.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    So... any hope for an MNL48 Cafe? Because right now... They better serve some good food or I will flip.

14. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    The food at Movie Stars Cafe is so bland lol I hope they choose a different chef if the cafe ever happens.

15. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura

*looks at CCA*

How about those guys? I heard a rumor that the Chef of DC Cafe in Mega Mall was a Graduate (IDK if thats true but the food tastes like something a CCA Graduate would cook)

16. onego123

onego123 Member

Just want to remind everyone that Coleen and Abby are cousins, and that some members do read this thread. Let's be more careful about how we talk

• Like Like x 5
  17. robinrider

robinrider Kenkyuusei

Chances of Faith being a center girl this year is quite high.

PS: As much as I want to say that the upcoming 365 HSE and general election will progress for two days straight is a BS move by the mangement, I felt that it is bound to happen because of our "crazy and bloody" SSK this year.

18. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    It's such a hassle to have the HSE on a Friday especially since a lot of their fans are working individuals.

19. onego123

onego123 Member

Theater construction
    cr: Alice's FB
    IMG_20190411_125701.jpg

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  20. chimew9

chimew9 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Random thought:

I dont like the vibe of the 2nd gen candidate Sandra. In her GE video, she acts like in a local beauty pageant it’s so cringey and unnatural... ugh.

And I still don’t feel KKS Ynna

There I said it.