1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

NGT48 Assault Case

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by Cisalpine88, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Something tells me they don't have this in Japan...or people don't invoke it very often.

Actually this is a thing and it's even harder to terminate employment in Japan than it is in other countries, according to this article. I wouldn't have guessed this was the case judging by how Japanese society tends to work, but there it is. Perhaps this is why Maho hasn't been let go already.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Credit to u then, Reveen.

I guess they really can't do anything with Maho except wait for her to make the decision. All they can do tho is put her in the backburner and just sit and wait. They can just give her nothing to do and then hope she quits.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  3. onieyez

onieyez Kenkyuusei

it's okay they were just having a sleep over with their cop buddies

• Old Old x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. mochibuni

mochibuni Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Chair-chan
    There's a stark difference between being jailed at a police station and being jailed at a prison. I trust we all know the difference here and can let this go.

• Agree Agree x 12
  5. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    https://www.logsoku.com/r/2ch.sc/akb/1555085470/
    An explanation to it I have seen is that, as enabled by default, the autocomplete function on Japanese keyboards (on phones or otherwise) gives autocomplete suggestions based on how many times a character combination has been recently converted to certain words. So she must have been using that word so often previously (in what situations, one can guess), that even so simply as inputting きょう by this point gives out 教唆 as the topmost suggestion.

Anyway, add to it Ogino who yesterday somehow missed writing Riko's and Renapon's names while listing Team G members in her Photolog post about the (imposed) teams dissolution, and you have a whole day of people giving themselves away in very unintelligent ways...

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 12
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. af8!

af8! Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    @Cisalpine88 Ahhh okay that's along the lines of what I was thinking. Thanks for clarifying it for me!

What I find most interesting right now is that the suspected members keep giving reasons to be suspected but haven't really done much to make us think otherwise. Any other member in NGT could be making these errors or acting weird but so far from what I seen they haven't. It's just been the members that have been suspected from the start. I would love to see something from these girls to make me think otherwise though.

I think the entire handling of this case has been terrible and every update I check on makes me more disappointed. The natural response of management should have been to take care of their employee from the start and not ignore her needs. Now it's come to "reforming" NGT by doing absolutely nothing except for taking away teams which will only escalate any tensions that exist in the group. Starting over like that won't get you your sponsors back, and starting over like that won't get you public support either. If there are wotas still willing to support good for them but I just don't see how this is the best method AKS came up with to fix their financial situation regarding NGT, forget solving this case (since that hasn't been a priority for them). It's like they're okay with losing and wasting money.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  7. onieyez

onieyez Kenkyuusei

but that's not what the others have been saying, being in custody by the police for almost a month is not considered being in jail to those people people

• Old Old x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    The kyousa and kyou wa typo I can believe was a mistake... but this?? What even :^^;: I'm pretty sure the girls know that the fans consider Marina and Ayaka to be the bad girls and Riko and Rena to be Maho's friends. Not only is she openly friendly with Marina and Ayaka, but she's now also subtly against Riko and Rena. This is pretty petty to me. The more things happen, the more I believe Rika when she said there's bullying going on in NGT...

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 4
  9. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    Except that it really isn't considered being jailed in actual matters / japanese legal system (as far as I have read from others' post on this thread). So justice in regards to the attackers being properly convicted and then jailed has not been served. They may be detained those few weeks and technically "being in jail", but according to the japanese legal system (or whatever) they have not been jailed yet.

...well, unless the police is correct and honest 100% to their work. If they are and they deem the attackers were not guilty of the degree of crime they are being accused of, then justice has indeed been served.

But I'm still referring to them as being attackers, so I personally don't believe Maho has gotten her justice in regards to proper conviction/trial/punishment of the attackers. And much more less her due as a member of NGT48 who was supposed to be provided safe environment to do her idol activities when she sincerely intends to do so while properly abiding by the spoken/unspoken rules of being an idol, and instead allowed girls to take shortcuts that may borderline be prostitution (giving special favors in order to get more support from specific fans) and allowed the situation to fester into one that is criminal/violent in nature and then when the attack happened, they try their best to ignore Maho and avoid properly dealing with the situation. It may not be Maho's due at the moment (especially if she intends to leave soon) for the 'bad' girls (who may be not a part of the attack in any way) to be properly dealt with with those sacred idols rules Maho seems to abide with, which then may lead to a bleak future for NGT48 (disbandment, something along that line), but it is, in my opinion, the other girl's due who wish to stay in the group and continue to be idols. It is their due to be provided with safe environment, especially at their residence and during off hours, so that they can properly and healthily be idols during their on hours.

• Like Like x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. infinitehippos

infinitehippos Member

They probably could have still got rid of her as most contracts have a clause about bringing your employer into disrepute, i.e. questioning their statements in public, thus allowing them to terminate with cause ... But even AKS would surely see that doing so would be pretty terminal for themselves in the current climate ("so you fired the girl you treated so badly") .. Even if technically legal they would be destroyed by public opinion.

The best they can hope for is probably a voluntary termination which would require her agreement and she doesn't seem to be of a mind to do that now (good for her).

Doesn't look like constructive dismissal is the same sort of thing in Japan as here but they make up for it with other provisions and organisations (it's also not necessarily as simple as made out previously (source, I know at least 4 people going through constructive dismissal here at the moment and I could have too but opted just to take a job elsewhere for a lot more money)).

• Like Like x 2
  11. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    The difference is so stark in fact, that we use completely different words for them. Jail/jailed for the former and prison/imprisoned for the latter. Jail is not prison.

edit: Apparently it's an American thing. "Jail" here is used for where suspects are held before trial or for minor crimes (often in a police station, though there are also dedicated facilities), and contrasts with "prison" for where convicted felons etc. are incarcerated.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. onieyez

onieyez Kenkyuusei

it's okay people I understand now
    next time I meet someone who tells me they were hold at a police station for almost a month I'll tell him that he wasn't in jail
    and laugh like that one idiot a few pages back "lol a month at a police station isn't considered being in Jail luz"
    I'll tell him that a bunch of people online told me that even though you're being held in custody in a room at a police station it isn't considered being in jail
    yea If only I was restarted enough like some people to say such a thing
    but looks like we do have some people who would say such a thing

• Old Old x 12
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Jail vs prison in the US.

"At the most basic level, the fundamental difference between jail and prison is the length of stay for inmates. Think short-term and long-term. Jails are usually run by local law enforcement and/or local government agencies, and are designed to hold inmates awaiting trial or serving a short sentence."

"A jail is a secure facility that houses three main types of inmates:
    1. People who have been arrested and are being held pending a plea agreement, trial, or sentencing;
    2. People who have been convicted of a misdemeanor criminal offense and are serving a sentence of (typically) less than 1 year; and
    3. People who have been sentenced to prison and are about to be transferred to another facility."

Los Angeles County Jails are run by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Office, but San Quentin State Prison is run by the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation

When arrested by the police, you will be held in a "lock up" at the police station, which are also called jails.

"The Los Angeles Police Department Jails operate 24 hours a day.
    Arrestees who remain in custody after arraignment are remanded to the custody of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department."

• Informative Informative x 7
  14. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    1) The jail discussion is beginning to stray off-topic.

2) Can we please end the the three-page semantic argument over one person's interpretation of the term "justice?"

3) Once again, I will caution all of you to be careful of what "facts" you put into the space, lest you incur the wrath of @wlerin . I have seen a few falsehoods and rumors posted as facts here lately.

I am asking nicely

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Creative Creative x 2
  15. Dirkkun

Dirkkun Kenkyuusei

April 12 (Fri) [Supplemental]
    http://40298ch.com/test/read.cgi/karakoro/1548413013/338
    • Gatanee's mobame title debacle.
    • Riko mobame.

April 13 (Sat)
    http://40298ch.com/test/read.cgi/karakoro/1548413013/340
    • Gatanee's mobame title debacle. (same as above)
    • Asahi Shinbun Idol coverage group about Maho, Riko and Rena not being at the Spring Festival.
    • Tokyo Sports article about dismantling/restart.
    • Story that a Sony employee said "Ngt is really yabai".
    • 5ch alleged friend of Tano said Ayakani is still in touch with Imamura.
    • A timeline of AKS president Yoshinari Natsuko's actions and behaviors with reactions.
    • Three online article: Daily News Online, Techinsight, Yuukan Fuji.

• Informative Informative x 14
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    How long do we have to stretch this debate beyond its limit? I see some people here like to act ignorant on purpose even after months, rather than cracking open a book or consulting law sources that would spare them half of the time they are wasting here, so you know what, let me personally explain, for those who didn't bother already, how a criminal process works in very broad terms.
    I'll take this graph of the Japanese judicial system that I found, but it's actually the same thing in pretty much every civilized country that I know of:
    chart_2.JPG
    https://www.nichibenren.or.jp/en/about/judicial_system/judicial_system.html

1)
    Arrest on suspicions of an offence
    2) Police custody for the purpose of investigation and questioning, prior to being charged with an offence

- At this point either the suspects are released scott-free without prosecution for some reason or another, as it did unexplainedly happen in this specific instance. This way, charges are thus dropped, which can also be withdrawn voluntarily by the complainant.
    - Or alternatively, the charges are pressed and indictment begins. At any rate, apparently there doesn't exist any bail system before indictment, in Japan.
    [ Note that this is also part of the reason why at the press conference journalists asked whether or not a criminal offense report was filed in the first place by Maho or whoever is supposed to represent her, with Matsumura (who clearly didn't read the report before holding the whole thing) mistakenly claiming it wasn't, in contraddition with what the documents stated.
    Also note that even in case Maho was actually persuaded to withdraw it on her own request, like it was speculated since the early days, it seems like the case can still be picked up again, as experts pointed out. ]

3) Court trial proceedings
    4) In case the defendant is found guilty in the sentence, sanctions are applied by the verdict according to the crime
    5) With justice thus served, a compensation is then to be awarded to the plaintiff, all the while the accused may go on to spending a jail term

---
    So, what I want to say with this is, some people are willingly confusing the (pre-indictment) stage 2 in the process with what everyone commonly understands as "justice is served" and "staying in prison/jail", which is the last stage at 5. Not only that, but they are insisting that they are one and the same thing.

But wotas are uneducated, indolent and forgetful (with a little bit of blindfolded on the side) for the most part and shouldn't bother with such things. This is what AKS has been counting on the entire time to ~move on~ with their plans, even by resorting on publicly distorting the victim's claims and image, especially since the people involved have proved to be harder nuts to crack than expected.
    Idols also need to be as stupid, obviously, or at least more stupid than the men they are under the management of (Matsumura comes to mind as a prime example of that), for this to work.
    I mean, didn't Akimoto also write a song arguing exactly for that some years back, for that matter...?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
    • Like x 14
    • Informative x 2
    • Useful x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Old x 1
  17. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    In the past hour a news story has started to appear in my Twitter timeline concerning former Keyakizaka46 member Imaizumi Yui (Zuumin). An article published this evening in Bunshun is alleging that she left the group following bullying by 5 'members A-E' and indeed it says that she considered suicide. This is the link to the article:
    https://bunshun.jp/articles/-/11490

(also at https://news.biglobe.ne.jp/topics/entertainment/0413/96525.html)

The article is calling this the 'second NGT case' and there's some questioning of Akimoto who denies any knowledge of the issue. While there may not be any direct connection to the NGT assault case it's certainly appears to be something else in his empire which is very troubling.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 8
    • Old Old x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    That's quite old news... like 2 years ago old or so.
    Considering Zuumin is still in contact with Keyaki members it feels like bunshun is just trying to find something else to distract fans with.
    Nothing new under the sun.

My keyaki TL is all kind of meh about it, with our "official" translators even refusing to lose time on it. So I guess it depends on other people giving bunshun the push they need to keep trying burying Maho's case and help out NGT mngmnt

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  19. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    so bunshun trying to distract from the mahon case? still trying to protect their criminal informants? either way a girl graduating to move onto a great start in an acting career isn't comparable to a girl being assaulted then being lied and mistreated by her management

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    In this case, assuming there weren't any prior convictions, it's likely that the time in holding cell was the only time behind bars the alleged attackers will do.

Article 208. (Assault) When a person assaults another without injuring the other person, the person shall be punished by imprisonment with work for not more than 2 years, a fine of not more than 300,000 yen, misdemeanor imprisonment without work or a petty fine.