1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The MNL48 Thread

Discussion in 'General MNL48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 11, 2018.

1. chimew9

chimew9 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Anyway, it’ll be interesting if Sandra and Jean gets in. Like how can they redeem themselves after what happened? Compared to the issues about the 1st gen aspirants (which is more of the fans being ‘nitpickers’ with the ‘normies’really), Sandra and Jean’s issue has more direct bearing to their attitude.

It’s not as simple as Cess being bombarded with hate when she ‘sexy’ danced the hebirote. Makes me laugh remembering that because I used to hate her as well. Now I can totally say that she’s likeable.

In Cess case it was simply ignorance on her part but Sandra and Jean’s fault is more of ‘arrogance’.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ian905

Ian905 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Mizushima Miyuu
    To clarify my earlier statement on MNL48.com listing which school the candidates are attending, I don't think it's weird to put universities or colleges because a lot of the 48family members have been public about which university/program they're in and I understand how fans can connect with them through that.

I do think it's weird that they list which high schools the u18 candidates are attending. Unless they're attending a private school away from home, knowing their high school also tells you the neighborhood they live in. And unlike a college which has thousands of students all on different class schedules generally in different buildings, a high school would have much less students, all of whom start and end classes at about the same time each day.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Corgi4all

Corgi4all Kenkyuusei

U18 members attend ALS provided by management (basically homeschool) the school listed under their names are the schools they previously attended before becoming an MNL48 member

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura

IF THEY GET IN.

IF!!!

For Cess, I thought people actually liked it...

5. chimew9

chimew9 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Personally I dont want them in. But in reality Sandra has a big chance to get in I think. His dad is like super dedicated to promote his daughter. Like he is way more active in promoting Sandra than Sandra herself . We dont know up to what extent this dad’s dedication is. He might be willing to buy massive number of merch just for votes.

Ok I am maybe pushing this ‘theory’ too far but maybe he is even willing to buy merch for people who wants to vote Sandra. I thought of that because I have read the dad instructing people to PM him if they want to vote Sandra. Like it’s so easy to just tell people to vote via MNL48 official’s instruction or send them the link but why PM?

Oh and about the screenshot issue, now there are rumors that there are more involved in that conversation but the one who spilled the beans just chose to expose Sandra and Jean (And Amy I guess but she didnt really say anything significant). Now this person who is defending the 2 is telling people that Sandra and Jean are not that bad considering they’re not exposing the other involved members.

I guess we’ll expect the unexpected.

Tbh I am kinda worried for the GE especially for the 1st gens but I’m kinda excited too for the drama... like how messed up will it turn out to be?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  6. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    I saw a 2nd gen created a thread on Twitter about those 2, you think she's the culprit?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  7. chimew9

chimew9 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    I don’t know. There’s two 2nd gens defending Sandra and Jean (namely Frances and Miho) and another Twitter account that is defending them as well sooo I don’t really know lol.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    So, MNL's 3rd single is out on digital platforms today.

I must say, it's a beautiful thing having a growing collection of MNL songs on my phone <3 lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    In my experience and knowledge in Business Operations...

A word of advice for all of you lads here in regards to Sandra and her Pushy Dad:

In work, Tools and the Handler maketh the the product.

If the Tool is bad but the Handler is great, his efforts are wasted.

If the Handler is bad but the tool is superior, the products potential quality is detrimented.

But if both Tool and Handler are bad... Well... Good Shit Luck to you, you make the Chinese look like the Germans m8.

Sandra's case is a bad tool (Sandra) with a great Handler (her Father's aggressive and tireless promotion).

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. chimew9

chimew9 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    I’m laughing so much to the epic fail and hilarity of this 2nd gen drama.

So finally Sandra posted a very long public apology. However, it only triggered fans more because they don’t find the apology sincere. For them, Sandra’s statement is more like giving an excuse and pointing blame to the whistle blower...

Now remember I have mentioned before that there is one Twitter account that was defending Sandra and Jean? She shared a screenshot of Sandra’s apology on Twitter. However, the FB screenshot also shows the ‘comment box’ with the word ‘commenting as SandraMNL48-2nd generation’ which made fans speculate that that Twitter account is Sandra’s.

What made it worse is that another fan posted a screenshot of that Twitter account’s past tweets saying stuff like ‘ Sandra and Jean don’t need to apologize because they didn’t do anything wrong....’ —- which only made fans question the sincerity of Sandra’s apology.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    The statement that Sandra posted was barely an apology tbh. It was more on shading the girl that released the screencaps.

12. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    It's not like anything will change if she spilled it out at least based on the 1st gen fans.

13. robinrider

robinrider Kenkyuusei

Leaked prelim results.

Kami 7 still the same just like laat year. 3 KKS members are in the Top 48.

14. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    Hmm.

Which 3, and which 3 ori48 are at risk?

15. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura

Sauce or I ain't buying it.

What about the 2nd Genners?

Still as a fan I don't want them in.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Akira85

Akira85 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    hmmm....

Same Kami 7....

but the order hmmm....

17. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    There are only 42 ori48 left so its possible that they are all safe.

Well at least I'm hoping they are all safe.

18. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    Fine fine. Current 48. You know what I meant.

Regardless, I'm with Faze here. I don't believe this either.

I don't believe that the original top 7 (the adjusted one anyway) seems right either. I feel like the general popularity of the top ten has changed a LOT in the last year.

19. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    I honestly didn't know what you meant. The term ori48 has stuck with me as the original 48 we wanted to protect from the challengers last year.

Anyway, I highly doubt the rumors as well. Like sure I'll be happy if its true but I'll be surprised and impressed if Tin can stay in the kami 7. Nothing against her but I had the impression that there are several non kami 7 members who are more popular than her.

With Ash as well. I know her handshakes are good and I really want her to stay in kami 7 but I don't think us, her fans, can be confident about her chances. I believe she can make it but it won't be an easy feat. There's the risk of Faith (whom I also like), Gabb, and maybe Sayaka (?) outranking her.

And who knows, maybe management's super push given to Cole actually worked.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Asuka Loves Walls

Asuka Loves Walls Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Relax guys, the "leaked" list is just the 1st SSK result, though it beats me as to how that was posted erroneously. Also, you should know this is not the real prelim result since the expected dark horse is nowhere yet at the top lol