1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    It seems this is the last week of promotion.

https://twitter.com/IZONE_DAILY/status/1119167872851333123?s=20

Performance in music bank

if the video does not show watch the video here

Tmi news 3rd preview

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  3. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Izone in inmortal songs of kbs performing "amor fati"

The performance in music core.

4. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

5. welp

welp Next Girls

Colorgram ads shooting

IZ*One is the endorser for the launch of Colorgram, the cosmetic brand by Olive Young, famous cosmetic retailer.
    Is Colorgram a business of CJ? If that's not the case, I don't understand why its promotional videos are uploaded on Mnet channel.

Violeta fansign fancam
    April 13 (Wonyoung focus)

April 19 (ft. Nakuirtle)

I noticed that they didn't perform in any fansign during this promotion circle.

IZ*One Chu ep 4 (finale)
    part 1
    part 2
    part 3 https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x764oaa

A subber said the next project was Idol Room. The episode 8 of Everyone's Kitchen likely is being subbed by Revelup Team (Red Velvet sub team) as Wendy guesting the episode.

I believe it was pre-recorded. Likely, if there is anything to be aired in next week, it has been pre-recorded. They should have been in Japan, right?

• Like Like x 3
  6. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    did they just lipsync at Immortal Songs?

first time seeing that happen lol

7. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    My understanding is that a number of performances at Korean music TV shows are indeed pre-recorded, I should find out more about that on Tuesday and even if IZ*ONE don't perform I'll do a write-up in the Hallyu News and Releases thread. They're scheduled to appear at the SBS Inkigayo Super Concert on 4/28 so I'm guessing that they might not travel to Japan until after that?

8. All Nippon Airways

All Nippon Airways Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    i'm....One of the crowd who attends in Immortal song concert at Makuhari Messe, and it clearly Live performance.
    but i dunno when aired on KBS, it sounds like recorded voice performance :^^;:

• Informative Informative x 3
  9. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  10. mdo7

mdo7 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    mikedo2007
    I'm very proud to see IZ*ONE doing very well in South Korea and beyond. When I first heard Produce 101 were going to collaborate with AKB48, I thought does this mean AKB48 could benefit globally from collaborating with K-pop. Now I didn't watch Produce 48 nor past Produce 101 shows. But I was an avid follower of I.O.I and when I saw Produce 101 season 1 like this one:

I felt like I watching an AKB48 performance when I first saw this video 3 years ago. Now fast forward to 2018 and it was announce that Produce 101 and AKB48 will collaborate and I thought "wow, so AKB48 and Japan have figured out the Produce 101 looking similar to AKB48". When IZ*ONE was finally created, I was so surprised to see their debut album charting high on international music charts and including on Billboard music charts. Now their recent album have also been making a high chart on Billboard too. This is amazing for a group that debuted late of last year, and the fact that it consist of 3 member of 48 members, I'm just amazed. Anyway, it looks like a lot of you know your K-pop, so I don't have to educate a lot of you about K-pop fandom.

But in case if you have any questions about K-pop (both general and specific), I'm available for private messaging. But it looks like a lot of you on Stage48 do have good amount of knowledge on K-pop. So let see how IZ*ONE will do on a global scale, but this group have some big potential. For those of you that haven't been paying attention what's going in the US and outside of Asia, K-pop is getting and becoming more mainstream in the US and you can thank BTS for that. And now we're seeing Blackpink, NCT 127, and other K-pop groups are getting more attention in the US. In case if you don't know what I'm talking about, last week K-pop is kinda rocking the US mainstream music scene:

I hope to see IZ*ONE to get this similar kind of attention in the US given that BTS, Blackpink, and NCT 127 are really getting a lot of attention in the US. The good news is that IZ*ONE will perform at this year KCON in Japan in May. I hope to see them perform at KCON in either NYC and/or LA this summer. Would love to see IZ*ONE to be interview and perform on US TV the same way past K-pop groups are getting right now.

I just logged into Spotify and click on IZ*ONE's profile, and they're really getting a lot of love:

IZONE Spotify.jpg
    IZONE Spotify 2.jpg
    PICTURE DISCLAIMER: I don't know which countries are listening to IZ*ONE on Spotify, and it doesn't specify on Spotify.

Yes La Vie En Rose has been listened to over 34+ million times on Spotify. I find that amazing.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 8
  11. welp

welp Next Girls

IZ*One to be on Produce X 101 The Beginning.

The show to be aired on April 26.
    I guess this is similar to Produce 48 Ep 0, where some contestants of previous season of Produce reacted to audition videos of applicants of Produce 48.

Half or more of performances are pre-recorded earlier in the day of broadcast. To be pre-recorded a week earlier is uncommon.

The music show promotion of Violeta has ended according to the official schedule. You can also see from the video from earlier tonight that Wonyoung's violet hair was fading. She needed not to preserve the hair color anymore.

IZ*One often goes to Japan just for 1 or 2 days and comes back to Korea just to go to Japan again few days later.

I would like to notice to style of groups gaining some attention in USA and you may see a pattern IZ*One does not fit.

IZ*One won't be popular in the west but, members already have had their schedules packed with KOR-JPN activities. The group is created for Asian market and it is nothing wrong with that.

P.S. IZ*One likely will be in 1 or both USA leg(s) of KCon as it is organized by Mnet.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  12. mdo7

mdo7 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    mikedo2007
    @welp, regarding the part I bolded and italicized, don't underestimate the power of K-pop fandom worldwide. I know the group is created for Asian market, but now because of BTS, Blackpink, and other K-pop groups getting a lot of attention in the US, it's possible they may find a way to take advantage of the BTS and Blackpink craze that is growing in the US and elsewhere. There were other cases of K-pop group that are getting a lot of attention in the US like for example LOONA and Momoland are getting their share of attention in the US.

Momoland is smashing K-pop's 'factory girl' stereotype

Stan LOONA: HOW THE K-POP ROOKIES ARE STRIVING TO BECOME THE 'ULTIMATE GIRL GROUP'

We don't know which other K-pop groups after BTS, Blackpink, Monsta X, GOT7, and NCT 127 may get a big treatment in the US. But never say never. If Momoland, LOONA, Pristin, WJSN/Cosmic Girl were able to break into the US market, then IZ*ONE may try giving the US market a shot. You got to remember that BTS and Blackpink's popularity explosion in the US could lead to K-pop trying to take advantage of their popularity and we're already starting to see that. So IZ*ONE could have a plan for the North American and probably the European market assuming BTS and Blackpink popularity's continue to grow.

As I said, I hope to see them at either KCON LA or NYC. I expect this to happen and given that BTS and Blackpink are getting their strong share of mainstream awareness and attention in the US, their 2 albums charted high on Billboard world album charts in the US, so that shows big promise for them in the US and elsewhere. If they do get chance to perform at KCON LA/NYC or do a US tour, I would love to see them perform on US TV (ie: Good Morning America, NBC TODAY, etc....) like BTS, Blackpink, and NCT 127 just did recently.

The one thing that make me facepalm is that IZ*ONE has not appeared on Arirang TV's After School Club. For those of you that don't know that show or Arirang TV, basically ASC is a live-music request show where international fans interact with their favorite K-pop group. I mean if you never watch it, here's an episode with BTS from 3 years ago:

And here's another episode with BTS from 4 years ago:

Yep that was BTS on After School Club way before they became a household name in the US. A lot of well-known K-pop groups have appeared on After School Club (i.e: EXO, SHINee, GOT7, Infinite, Sistar, etc). But I'm baffled that IZ*ONE has not made use of After School Club to interact with their international fans. I mean if you're a K-pop girl group whose album are doing well on the international market including Billboard and you're getting a lot of international fanbase that stretch beyond Korea and Asia, wouldn't you want to interact with your international fan?

That baffle me that IZ*ONE hasn't appeared on After School Club to interact with their international fans. I mean TxT, another K-pop boy group that just recently debuted and BTS's labelmate appeared on ASC and they got a lot of love and attention:

I mean come on, that's really disappointing that IZ*ONE is not using After School Club to interact with their international fans. A lot of us that are on Stage48 would probably love to interact with IZ*ONE if they appeared on After School Club.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

14. IkemenSteelD

IkemenSteelD Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Don't forget, IZ*One is a product of the Produce series, and before them, the show produced I.O.I, who were considered as 'concept queens' because of how versatile they were with covering different concepts. If you would recall from Produce 48, the girls also dealt with a lot of concepts. I'm sure they could own any concept as well. It's just that OTR and company probably chose a safer release during their first steps.

Also:

I think of all the songs in their repertoire, an English version of Rumor is the most likely to break through the western market. Ofcourse they could try other genres/concepts/theme and carve out a new path, unlike what had been previously done by other Kpop groups. Maybe it's time for a cute song like an English version of Rollin' Rollin' to bring a new kind of music to the western market.[hehe]

15. mdo7

mdo7 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    mikedo2007
    Yep, that's how K-pop got big outside of Asia and into the west. That's why you have a lot of fancams for K-pop. But J-pop, they're almost hard to find on Youtube and elsewhere.

16. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Kudo to Mafia Game In Prison's editing team. Everytime Yena says something, they put a "Quack" sound on top of it. =))))))

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    First of 3 days in Seoul so I headed straight for the IZ*ONE pop-up store in Hongdae.

755ADFD3-BF7B-4656-BBE4-4AEBA6590BB9.jpeg

The store is spread over 3 floors. On 4F there’s a display cabinet with the merch (including the fabled lightstick) and a display of signed posters:

75F4C10E-C29F-4AD2-BABF-CEFFF8AD651E.jpeg FF5C9E9C-22CA-4164-A3D7-D6290A5C39AF.jpeg 7DAA63E0-EDBB-4072-A802-4DA96CE54B65.jpeg 5F183812-4D20-4C49-9EA9-0F80F3A73B27.jpeg

On 3F is the C27 Cafe with a special IZ*ONE menu:

ACFAAFD7-5ADA-433D-8B99-963A45F313D4.jpeg

The store itself is on 2F. This is the best picture I could get as obviously I couldn’t take a photo with the staff close up:

21C24742-FE4C-4492-A9D1-36E556853E59.jpeg

Some items were already sold out including the lightstick but I got a hanging poster of Sakura, a photocard set and a copy of the CD. As I’d spent 60,000 KRW I was entitled to 2 free additional photos. I also got a smart carrier bag!

B752591A-C555-41CA-B33C-1755C2E34942.jpeg 9FD606D0-6363-423C-8356-1B3D248A5F5B.jpeg

The staff confirmed that the promotion period for Violeta ended yesterday so I’m just too late but anyway I’ve got next week’s show in Tokyo to look forward to. Meanwhile on my hotel room TV there’s just been a rerun of a certain MTV show from last week...

0EA73DBC-C8F7-443B-A66D-CDF449760264.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  18. welp

welp Next Girls

A glimpse on IZ*One's piano skills

You may check out latest Inkigayo episode wholly (on where you watch Mafia Game in Prison) as Wonyoung and Minju were special co-host for the day. Besides, don't forget to check out latest episode (Episode 6) of Mafia Game in Prison.

Black Pink been predicted to do better than most K-pop groups in USA since debut. YG's style is heavily USA influenced, easier to consume to Americans. Loona's songs western fans love definitely are the like of "Crazy Sweet Love"/"Butterfly" and not "Hi High" nor "Love4eva". Momoland isn't really popular among western fans and its style is pretty similar to Psy's, catchy funny songs. You better find the pattern of what western fans' tastes.

I can see IZ*One runs a world tour with 2 stops in USA and 2-3 more in Europe, 3,000-4,000 audiences each, but anything beyond that will need time and time is a bitch for IZ*One. Asia (especially Korea and Japan) is easy money but, to make a splash in USA, they will need to invest some time, the time they don't have.

I watched the episode I-DLE guesting and the communication was not smooth despite 2 fair English speakers (Minnie and Yuqi, both were intermediate). IZ*One has only 1 English speaker, Wonyoung, whose skill is kinda basic. (Another factor IZ*One won't make it in USA) IZ*One won't benefit much from international interactive platform. Americans also tend to judge foreigners' English skills, make fun of K-pop idols' poor English skills. 3 out of 4 Black Pink's members can speak English, 2 are fluent.

• Like Like x 2
  19. ShulQ

ShulQ Kenkyuusei

New TMI News Preview

Everyone's Kitchen New Episode Preview

• Informative Informative x 5
  20. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

• Like Like x 3