1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

NGT48 Assault Case

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by Cisalpine88, Jan 9, 2019.

1. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    The scummy management probably force them to sign an NDA not to discuss the incident to the public.

But hey, you will never know

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

They can always not sign anything?

I've always been curious as to why, of the literal hundreds of graduates from the franchise, not a single one has written a memoir or something trying to air the dirt of the group. I guess it's either:
    a) There's no dirt (ha) or nothing significant that the girls are in contact with in their everyday lives
    b) It's the Japanese way of minding your own damn business

But then, girls usually graduate on their own accord and under very different circumstances than these three.
    The way Maho has been talking back to management and calling them out on their BS tells me there's nothing in their contracts that prevents them from doing so. I imagine most fall in line because the consequences of speaking up could hinder their chances in the group, but Maho had nothing left to lose, so she didn't give a shit.

I don't know how much she can talk though. Couldn't AKS sue her for defamation or something? It's a tricky one.
    But at the same time, them going after her even after she's left the group would make them look like bullies.

We'll see.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    They might have signed when they entered?

4. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Japan does have strict defamation laws but there could be ways around it. One way would be to sign with a publisher and have them do long form interviews with her and have a team of ghost writers write a book and run it through a legal team.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  5. nundi

nundi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Maybe they can’t say it themselves or straight up tell their names, but they can do subtly things to point out the girls involved imo

• Like Like x 3
  6. Dirkkun

Dirkkun Kenkyuusei

They definitely could.

http://kellywarnerlaw.com/japan-defamation-laws/

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Sigh.

I guess that’s why nobody says anything ever.

• Agree Agree x 13
  8. Dirkkun

Dirkkun Kenkyuusei

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 3
  9. best48fan

best48fan Kenkyuusei

I have to admit, the guy makes great points.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Old Old x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. chelannon

chelannon Kenkyuusei

this isn't over.

even though maho and co. are graduating, we cant forget that aks did jack shit helping maho, we cant forget that the culprit members are still frolicking freely in ngt with no punishment that we're aware of, and we cant forget that the filthy guys who were responsible for this are being coddled. and we wont let aks forget either!

maho is one of the bravest damn idols to ever idol, and we wont let her battle be for nothing. she made the ultimate sacrifice by speaking out, and hopefully she inspired other young girls to speak up as well.

justice for mahohon. never forget it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 21
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    Sounds like what a lot of the users on here were saying.....

God poor Maho being dismissed like that over and over. We should literally have a GoFundMe for paying off Maho’s legal fees so that she can openly reveal all the info without worrying about defamation lawsuits.

• Like x 9
    • Agree x 4
    • Winner x 2
    • Creative x 2
    • Dislike x 1
  12. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

They still don't have all the facts huh

• Like Like x 8
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    • Like Like x 13
    • Informative Informative x 11
  14. JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    It's really saddened me to see that Maho is graduating. It feels like the final kick in the guts from mgmt. However, at the same time I am happy for her that she gets to get away from this toxic environment for her. It will do her a lot better health wise for her to be able to move on from this. I don't know what she has planned after graduation but I will continue to follow her activities. I wish her all the best for her future!

This does open up a huge conversation about the idol industry and how really no one is safe. Big companies like AKS treat their idols like trouble makers for reporting a legitimate crime and she is shunned by them for causing trouble to their company which is disgusting. And then there are so many indie idol companies that barely pay their idols and have no protection for them either.

You'd think at this point there would be some government body that would try and fight for more legal protection for idols considering its such a big industry in Japan. Maybe one day.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Slimestack

Slimestack Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    This isn't how it should have ended but I'm just glad Maho, Rena and Riko are out and away from that horrible environment now.

I wrote a huge rant but it's really not worth it at this point. I wish the best to all of the girls trying hard in the groups but I won't be supporting AKS with my money any longer.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  16. primermicarrucha

primermicarrucha Future Girls

like? most of his complaints aren't relevant to what's actually been discussed here. he's doing a lot of cherry-picking to flavor this whine. if not outright making shit up. some things he mentioned have come up in this thread at some point or other, but not in the way his rant would claim. for instance, while some people questioned early on if maho was still in control of her twitter account after she blew the whistle, i don't recall anyone voicing a belief that she wasn't in control of it while simultaneously using it to give clues. most of the "idols dating" talk was actually about idols prostituting themselves, but "same difference" for some people here, i guess?
    while not happy about the attackers being free, it's obviously only part of the problem. it doesn't really matter if they can't do anything legally when every action they've taken or not taken makes them look so bad. and i think most people are upset that there could be members who set up her attack or at least had some questionable involvement with the men who did. how can people here not expect anyone to speculate with this kind of shit left up in the air? i get that people don't want someone they like to be a baddie or whatever, but... "you don't have proof, so don't even discuss it!" is a weird attitude to bring to a place meant for discussing things.

• Like Like x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
  18. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    On one hand, I didn't think I could be able to get even angrier at AKS, but now I'm livid.

On the other hand, I'm glad that Maho hasn't stopped dealing great punts at the groin of AKS. She might have to sashay away, but she's still sashaying on everyone's faces saying everything like it is. She has not lost a single ounce of her pride and dignity, she's not leaving with her tail between her legs, she's stomping on the playing board and shaking all of the pieces with all her might. Rena, Riko, and herself deserve much better.

As for inapooh... he can say that stuff again, without crying this time. Goddamn virgin.

What can I say? I'm finding harder and harder to support the groups. The only thing keeping me from abandoning altogether is my kami and she's having a blast working outside of the group. I guess I might graduate soon, too, only supporting the people I care about and nothing else until they too leave.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. Gofindnova

Gofindnova Future Girls

It’s baffling that AKS thinks NGT can continue by shuffling members. The group is going remain radioactive so nobody in the media will want to associate with it. The longer AKS tries to push them as a legitimate group, the more likely public perception will harden that “idols are a dirty industry.” Barring some unexpected miracle/disaster, NGT will die a slow death, until AKS decides to shut it down with some BS excuse like “the girls want to seek new opportunities.”

The only positive way I can see forward is if non-NGT groups run a campaign to show how “clean” they are, making a big show that they will e.g. strengthen internal security, provide counseling and support, give a degree of public transparency about management, etc. This is more or less the justice that Maho wanted in the first place, but since their attitude toward her has been that “no incident happened,” this is apparently not their plan. In fact, their mindset is probably that any announcement of reform will risk exposing their corruption. They’d rather be blamed for ignoring an assault case than be blamed for systematically enabling that assault by selling privileged access, mismanaging security and privacy, possibly covering other crimes, etc. Because that might suggest it’s how they treat all the 48 groups.

When the 2020 Olympics rolls around, this is going to be one of the first things a huge international audience learns about idols.

• Like Like x 12
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. shining445

shining445 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    jonishikei
    I have been absent from the internet all day today. And coming on now and reading pages of what happened....

It's very sad. But those 3 girls will be out of the toxic sludge that is getting worse.
    Maho did her best - more than I could ever imagine - defending herself and going against management as much as she did on social media. And for Rena and Riko to support her along the way. They will be friends for life.

I'm sorry, but it's official I will end my support of NGT. I'm sorry for all the innocent members still remaining in the group. I wonder if there will be a mass graduation coming soon (especially of former Team G members).

It's really hard because I fell in love with NGT from their first announcement. I followed their news and I had even wished that it would be NGT's theater that I would visit first someday - since I thought it looked so pristine and pretty with the white and red. I wanted a penlight. I stayed up until 3am before early morning college classes to watch their very first theater performance of Party ga Hajimaru. I was in the darkness of my room and I used a flashlight as a penlight. I had tears in my eyes from the excitement....
    I made it my goal to get every single. Now the two that I have are wasted space. Even so, Kurayami Motomu will be a special song to me....

And even still, Fukyouwaon still plays constant in my mind. I want to be as strong as these three girls. They will always have my support.

• Like Like x 13
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1