1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Unpopular Opinions

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by ひめか, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Conjyak

Conjyak Member

I see. Thanks very much for the summary!

2. phikr1

phikr1 Kenkyuusei

talking about unpopular opinion, sasaki kotoko should be the center of nogizaka :^O^:

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    MTE. Thank you

Nanamin & Maiyan may not be as close as Maiyan and Ringo are but I highly doubt they hated each other or their relationship was fake. If that was the case I would’ve expected Nanamin to start giggling at Maiyan’s heavy sobbing during her grad concert. Not to cry harder. Also I’m surprised that JPN fans supposedly think those two hate each other because from what I’ve seen this pairing still has a lot of supporters to this day.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Gofindnova

Gofindnova Future Girls

I vaguely remember some idols saying their fellow members don’t feel quite like friends, nor like co-workers.

It’s probably like soldiers who serve in war, on a smaller scale. You’ve been through hell together, you’ll risk your life immediately to save your fellow unit members, and you know they’ll do the same. The bond you share can only be understood by another soldier, and it’s deeper in some ways than you’ll ever experience with a friend or spouse. But that doesn’t mean you have to like them, and you may never contact them again when you return to civilian life.

Even in an idol group, there’s only a few members who understand the pressure of performing on the front line over and over. Even if Shiraishi hated Nanamin’s guts (which I don’t believe), I can still buy that she thought of Nanamin as the “best partner,” as she said during the grad concert.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. silver247

silver247 Kenkyuusei

Well I think Nanamin and Maiyan relationship is comrade and in the same time maybe rival? They might not close as Nanamin & Maimai or Maiyan & Sayurin since their personality is opposite,

but aside from Nanamin's grad concert I've never seen Maiyan let emotion get over her on the stage even in Nanase and Ikoma's grad concert, thus I believe those tear weren't fake.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    I also forgot to add that Maiyan was asked by a fan during a HS event if she still kept in touch with Nanamin and she replied that yes they even hung out recently. This was reported last month.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Beowulf

Beowulf Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sugai Yuuka / Kosaka Nao
    I'm of the same opinion and it makes me upset that she has never even made senbatsu once before.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    This one might be controversial

9/10 fans in the international fandom (for all groups) can't tell the difference between "looks angry" and "is a good dancer"

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    Any specific examples?

10. ひめか

ひめか Kenkyuusei

I’d imagine it would be the same in the Japanese fandom haha

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    honesly i can't even name the best dancers of nogi,their choreos are never that complicated

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Old Old x 1
  12. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I don't want to get into anything too specific, especially because I'm thinking of certain fans and don't want to call anyone out. But it's pretty much always the case that only members who look angry get acknowledged as the best dancers (sometimes they are great dancers, but not always). On the other hand, there are many great dancers (sharp movements, quick learners) who don't get any credit for it because they don't look angry.

And it's not even about expressiveness, I've seen girls be complemented for a great performance and I've been like "sure, it wasn't bad, but you're 100% only saying that because the shape of her eyebrows".

Girls who regularly get looked over for their dancing in Nogizaka are the Another Ghost trio. That was the dancer senbatsu. But they don't look angry so no credit.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. tpt13

tpt13 Member

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    I’m not an expert in choreography or something and in fact I don’t really concern much about their dancing or singing to begin with. But since you mentioned Another Ghost, I just have to admit that Marika looked like she was on a different level in Influencer.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Quark

Quark Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    I usually say that people can't tell the difference between "good dancer" and "good performer".

In my opinion, Marika was the best dancer in the first gen. I liked nanamin's style but she was always distracted or with low energy (probably because of her health issues).

• Agree Agree x 6
  15. Endorsi

Endorsi Member

Oshimen:
    Endo Sakura
    Among the trio, Marika is undoubtedly one of Nogi's top dancer,
    As for Naachan and Ashurin they're somewhere in the middle - Ive seen some performances where they're not as sharp as others.
    But the title for best dancer is Sakurai Reika not only at the speed at which she learns new choreo but also execution-wise

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    From "unpopular opinions" this became "random nogizaka opinions", there are members or general threads for that.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    This is true, but even sometimes members get praised for being good performers just because they look angry.

As proof of the actually unpopular status of this position: since saying Another Ghost Trio are three of the best dancers, the only one who looks angry when dancing has been praised 3 times and the other two have been called somewhere in the middle. Despite the other two being selected in the past by members as among the best dancers and it has been said outright in the past by staff (Konno, I think, but I can't remember the wording so I can't find it) the reason Nanase gets all the cool songs is because she's one of the group's best dancers.

Don't want to bring Marika down though. She probably was the best performer AND dancer in Nogi.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Conjyak

Conjyak Member

Kana and Hinachima, for whatever reason, just don't have the fan popularity to stay consistently in sembatsu. They tend to be at the border between row 3 and under, and even though more sembatsu gen 1 are graduating, now there is gen 3 coming more and more into sembatsu, so I guess that's why you see these two in under more than row 3.

I don't know anything about dance either, and I know what you mean. The only way I can begin to tell if a member is good is if they're right next to another member, which allows you to compare them to see if they move differently. But camera shots during performances or MVs tend to either show a lot of members at once (so it's zoomed out) or a member close up (can only see their face, for example), and of course the camera moves a lot, too, so it's hard to tell. But because most of Nogi music and dance goes for "graceful" rather than "sharp movements," unless you really have an eye for that type of graceful dance, I feel like it doesn't really matter lol. It all looks good enough to the untrained eye. If you suddenly gave the members some fast hip hop, pop and lock dance song, yeah, I think a lot of Nogi girls would struggle. But it's clear management doesn't care much about that and didn't choose girls prioritizing that that much (lol
    if the video does not show watch the video here).

From what I can tell, the most obviously best dancers are Ichiki and Kawamura. They are at another level. Putting those two aside, in gen 1, Kana, Asuka, Marika I'd say are the best. Other than that, maybe Sayunyan, Reika, and Ikuchan. I assume Miyazawa was good, too, since she had an elite ballet background, but I never saw her much. For gen 2, Miria, maybe Junna. Gen 3, I'd say Tamami, Kubo, and Momoko.

One thing that bothers me is that I feel that almost no members who were originally not pro-level in singing and dancing when they first entered Nogi become pro-level after these years. You would think professional lessons that Sony Music can provide would be more important than the training they received prior to entering Nogizaka. But basically, in dance, putting aside Ichiki because she graduates relatively early, Kawamura was always at another level and no one ever came close. In singing, Kawamura and Ikuchan are at another level and no one ever comes close. (After these years, the best Nogi dancer today other than Kawamura is probably still not as good as Kawamura when she first entered, and the best Nogi singer today other than Kawamura and Ikuchan is probably still not as good as those two when they first entered.) The only ones who I feel might have improved a lot *after* entering Nogi are Misa in singing, Asuka in dance, and Sayunyan in singing and dancing - although management actually rated Asuka and Sayunyan as good dancers way in the beginning already (they came up with a dance 7-fukujin in a really early Nogidoko episode that was Kawamura, Ikoma, Ikuchan, Sayunyan, Kana, Asuka, Reika.) Maybe management trains members' song and dance up to be acceptable, but after that, they start giving them too much other stuff to do like events and photoshoots and no time or energy to improve song and dance further lol. (Yes, it's kind of expected that a member who enters Nogi as a great singer will still be a great singer by the time they graduate. But what bothers me is that few of the non-great singers/dancers improve markedly or become great singers/dancers after they're entered Nogi.)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    A lot of girls improved in singing. Even the studio versions of early singles have worse vocals than some live perfomances. But they peaked early. The 3rd birthday live gave us 8 hours of (mostly) live singing and they were pretty damn good at it. But then after that their popularity exploded and they got a bajillion outside jobs. Since then they only do absolutely fundamental vocal training and it shows in their recent live performances, which already became very rare.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Ikutafan

Ikutafan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Ikuchan was already good in singing but not as good as she is right now. She improved a lot actually lol. Others, I’m not really sure because they were really not given that much opportunity to show their vocals. Ikuchan’s involvement in musical stages helped a lot for her. I hope that the members who are also following in her steps would also learn a lot to show great improvement because it would help Nogi in the future especially when the likes of Ikuchan (who in my opinion is considered like similar to kpop groups as their main vocalist) would leave the group.