1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The MNL48 Thread

Discussion in 'General MNL48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Mmmarky

Mmmarky Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sunrui
    Twitter:
    MmmarkISS
    OMG yes. The event was not even long and towards the middle of the event you can tell she was annoyed. I don't even think they had like some kind of major time limit for the event. Management didn't even signal or show signs to the host to be quick but she started rushing things. I felt like she just wanted the event to be over. I know she doesnt understand idol culture and akb but probably in her head she must of thought this event was ridiculous. She was very unsympathetic to the ranking girls when they were crying and at some point ridiculing them
    But props to hashtag Luke he was very professional throughout.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. robinrider

robinrider Kenkyuusei

Salute to Luke. Because he has been with the girls since the beginning.

• Winner Winner x 6
  3. chimew9

chimew9 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Random thoughts:

- That GE is such a mess of emotion

- I wish they have shown the number of votes or atleast a percentage.

- I never expected Ella to go. I thought she’s one of the recognizable member.

- The female MC is quite annoying. She keeps giving cringey questions/responses to Luke. He’s just really good at dodging and mending the conversation. Oh and when she’s literally smiling everytime she mentions about how sad goodbyes and elimination is.

- I was a bit worried and put off with Quincy’s ‘Mockingjay’ passion tbh. It’s close to ‘having a sense of entitlement’ ... a bit close to arrogance. But I guess she just really loves the 1st gens and wants to fight for it. I saw her jump and cry so hard after the 48th was announced.

- Sad for Jaydee not having her bestfriend Maddie in.

- Happy that Alice is back

- Happy for Jamie. I’m saying this as early as now but she really has a centre aura.

- Ysabel is interesting

- Sorry to be harsh but I’m glad Sandra, Yna, Jean, Gail and Frances didn’t get in. I don’t like Amy’s vibes though... but we’ll see.

- She’s cute and seems really sweet but I still couldn’t fancy Miho. I’m glad she’s in though.

- Lol at Dana busy chitchatting when her name was called.

- The most touching speech for me is Abby’s. Lol the girl can speak well when she’s being natural

- Lol at Faith’s blubblubbbbbbblubbb speech

- I am happy for the KKS who got in especially Rowee and Emz

- Despite my biases to 1st gens I still wish they treat the 2nd gens well.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 4
  4. robinrider

robinrider Kenkyuusei

I may have a cold shoulder to the totally new members, except Yzabel because her character is interesting.

Can't believe Ella, from being Kami7 to unranked.

And boy, the nerve of HHE not showing the numbers, vote counts. Probably really low vote turnout, that is so inferior to other sister groups.

It will be no surprise if SGO48 even surpass MNL48 in terms of management.

#MNL48DeservesBetter

• Like Like x 3
  5. Asuka Loves Walls

Asuka Loves Walls Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Not sure about the low vote turnout... I mean, have you seen how abundant the hse tickets and cds rotating around during the past events? Also, the rumor that Aly's votes are around 2k? Not sure if it pales in comparison to other sister groups but oh boy, Pinoy wotas do spend A LOT.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rinji

Rinji Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I agree with you and it's nice that you explained about her. Good thing Luke was the main host, he's admirable and professional.

That lady should know that it's not easy to be in mnl48. She should place herself in their shoes. Even a hint of sensitivity or emphaty/symphaty, I didn't see it on her last night

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. erukruu

erukruu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzumotomiyu
    Will Aly going to center like, 3 next singles / 2nd year singles? (Assuming 3 per year, before the next General Election) or it just happened / coincidence that Sheki centering the 2nd and 3rd singles and Aly will only just center the 4th single and they'll go back to their "audition" system?

I thought at the beginning, the lady emcee was just asked to stall, but in the end, she was really annoying. I understand some hosts only get briefed like an hour before the event and don't really have any idea what the event/organization is all about, but seeing the kids cry, can she just be like, I don't know, be a human?

• Like Like x 3
  8. noeuljjang

noeuljjang Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Is there any link to watch the ssk?

9. Asuka Loves Walls

Asuka Loves Walls Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Check the official FB account of MNL48, it is there.

10. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    The twitter he: #MNL48DeservesBettter

Is in the top 10 trending in the Philippines. A combined effort of Pinoy and International 48G fans are really throwing shit on the management screaming Viva la Consumer Revolusyon.

• Like Like x 1
  11. AiBan

AiBan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    I have a gut feeling that it is really about a steep low vote turnout in comparison to the first g.e. since we do have a small fandom and voting isnt free anymore
    Id speculate that the votes of those who did rank in the top 16 ranges from 250 to 750+ with gaps of three digit votes since the fandoms of some girls in there aint joking when it comes to budget. The undergirls had 150 to 250 votes with gaps of 10 to 50 votes while Next girls all have 150 below with more or less single digits gaps.

Edit: so according to sela's live, she said that according to some news floating around, her votes were around 1k and the number of votes between her, abby, sheki were little while aly's votes were higher by hundreds.

Even though this ssk format is just so fucked up, i guess this is one of the ways they find to adapt to the non existent idol industry here. It is a way to keep the roster fresh, manageable, and marketable.
    As much as i hate to say this, this ssk is one effective measure of your capabilities as an idol. Attractiveness to fans (e.g. personality and appeal) which determines how much they can get their fans to spend on them which is very crucial as it ultimately determines their sponsorships which determines their career

It is a way to keep the roster fresh and manageable as it enables the management to employ girls who can immediately fish fans (e.g. yzabel, miho, and jamie) while discarding the girls who ~MIGHT~ become dead weights sooner or later

p.s. regardless if the elected second gen did use family money, based on twt interactioms and hs reports in twitter, yzabel, miho, and jamie did fish fans who were willing to spend money on them

One thing is for sure tho, that this system is only good for the short run since they might miss out on late bloomers

Edit: putting my personal speculation in a spoiler bubble in order to avoid spreading misinformation/confusion

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Old Old x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Wade & Wander

Wade & Wander Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    izutarina
    Really? From social media (e.g. Twitter, Youtube, etc.), I got the feeling that the MNL fandom is really active & grew a lot since the first election.
    MNLoves seem very vocal and passionate. They didn't seem small in numbers at all.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. AiBan

AiBan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    I mean, the fandom did grew a lot since the first g.e. however it dfeels like it is still relatively small in comparison to other SGs. Anyway, It was just my speculation. :approve:

14. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    Agree on both points.

In terms of voting count, it really sounds like the voting counts were SUPER skewed towards Aly, to the point that releasing numbers would be weird. My question: how is management gonna address that next year? Because you bet your ass they're gonna try.

In terms of the roster changes, in all honesty you're right. As much as it sucks to say, technically now the roster now is "stronger". The problem now is maintaining that momentum...and building trust with the new members. But if former challengers can make the list AND make Senbatsu level (Rans, Belle, Coleen, etc), then honestly anything is possible.

Honestly, after this mess of a GE, I think everyone just needs a week to calm down. Once the dust settles, then hopefully MNL can work on building momentum again.

• Like Like x 3
  15. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura

If DOLE and Artist/Labor Unions dont screw them over first. A lot of people have a bad taste in their mouths yesterday.

Update: Twitter hashtag are now calling for unfollowings to the MNL48 Twitter.

the revolusyon is growing guys...

are you sure your not concerned?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  16. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    Honestly, no I'm not. Why? Because this already happened last time with the challengers. Look how far we've come since then.

Revolution? I disagree. I'd say...more of a heavy rotation. You have to understand that most of the people the most vocally angry are the ones whose oshi got kicked. If they wanna leave, that's fine. Support your girl in whatever she pursues after this.

But for every fan who leaves for a gen 1 girl, there's likely a new fan who will follow a gen 2 girl. Just look at how popular Jamie, Miho, and Yzzabel(?) are already. Eventually the fanbase will level out, and then growth will continue.

In the long run, nothing changes except the roster.

• Like Like x 1
  17. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Nobody got kicked out with the Challengers last year. That pales in comparison to what just happened now

Why do I get the feeling this sort of fandom of instantly leaving when a certain girl leaves the group is from a business standpoint unsustainable.

It lacks Customer Retention! And retention rates means consistent business!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  18. Rinji

Rinji Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Hul, I read Ella's latest post. Force graduation is like losing a job and a source of living against your will. Worse, it's a dream that is being shattered.

The feeling of losing a work is heartbreaking and it hurts. I experienced losing a job twice and it hurts me when these girls younger than me experienced it.

I know moving on is the option. But getting over comes first, which is harder.

• Like Like x 6
  19. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Talked to some people about their feelings on the matter who were all personally their in that Tent.

They are UPSET AF.

This could only escalate...

I can almost guarantee that someone is gonna get hurt within next month.

20. robinrider

robinrider Kenkyuusei

This also says a lot about our country's effin economic status.

• Agree Agree x 1