1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Attending AKB48 handshakes: how-to (work in progress)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    LOL I've been buying way too much different stuff lately. :D Got a massive brain fart obviously and confused with other deliveries.

2. enailiva

enailiva Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murakawabibian
    Twitter:
    aviliane
    Whoops you're 100% right! This is my first time buying handshake tickets so I just panicked when I saw "配信日:2019-03-24 11:19" even though it's clearly impossible for the CDs to have shipped already (; ̄ー ̄川 Thanks for the help lmao

3. oblivious247

oblivious247 Kenkyuusei

How do those big last handshake for graduating members gathering/send off things work? Do you just wait around til the end?

4. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Pretty much...yes.

5. magebamii

magebamii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Hello, I don't know if this are allowed but I would like to ask how can I buy the theater edition cd? I saw many handshake report from overseas fans in twitter and just wonder how can they grab some cd since I cannot find any theater edition in cdjapan or tower record website. I just want to experience the individual handshake and try to book a plan for my next trip. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    Theatre editions are only available via online pre-orders.

AKB uses Chara Ani
    https://akb48.chara-ani.com/

SKE uses mumo
    https://shop.mu-mo.net/st/special/ske48_24thsg_02/

and NMB/NGT are on forTUNE music
    https://fortunemusic.jp/event_list/

HKT have become so rare that I can't remember what system they use.
    (Mod edit: AKB48 Group Shop)

Pre-order period starts some weeks ahead of the actual release date, sometimes with additional resale rounds after.
    Back in the day the folks at myaidol created a guide for Chara Ani that is still valid: http://myaidol.net/tag/2shot/

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2019
  7. magebamii

magebamii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    OMG! Thank you very much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Boma Adhi

Boma Adhi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    松井珠理奈、小田えりな、茂木忍、瀧野由美子、森保まどか
    Let me add some:

HKT:
    https://shopping.akb48-group.com/lp/hkt48_12th-single_gekijyoban_info
    (the next single will be on a different page)

STU:
    https://stu48.chara-ani.com/

Also Sakamichis use forTUNE music as well.

Or, if you'd like to see Sakura, Nako or Hiichan:
    https://www.universal-music.co.jp/izone/news/2019-05-03-2/
    (This is the landing page, the application links are listed on that page. The next single will be on a different page)

Pay a close attention to each group's official page for the application date.

Last edited: May 7, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. ayaelectro

ayaelectro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Wrote down my latest handshake experience with Muto Tomu and Muto Orin on my blog.
    There are a couple of interesting stories from this handshake event where I met a couple of Korean fans and we used Japanese to talk to each other. I also participated in the celebration of Tomu passing the weather forecaster exam.
    On the other note, I also shared a glimpse of story about watching Tomu's stage play "Bakumatsu Taiyoden".

https://ayaelectro.wordpress.com/20...th-my-support-system-muto-tomu-and-muto-orin/

• Like Like x 3
  10. NEVBOSS

NEVBOSS Member

Oshimen:
    Duck Lord & ktgw_bby
    Twitter:
    nevermorepicker
    Can I get a detailed information about how "sold-out" works in handshake events?

11. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    I assume you are asking this for individual HS Events.

A handshake day is divided into several timeslots (~ 7 or 8). I.e:
    1. 9:00~10:30
    2. 10:30~12:00
    3. 12:00~13:30
    4. 13:30~15:00
    5. 15:00~16:30
    6. 16:30~18:00
    7. 18:30~20:00
    The number of timeslots a member has her HS lane opened multiplied with the number of dates gives you the total amount of handshake slots where you can buy tickets for a certain member.
    The event planners now allocate a number of tickets for each slot. However there is no information if this number is identical for all members or slots. Personally i'd assume that certain members have more allocated tickets/slot than others, based on experience from previous events on how fast they push the queue.

Now you multiply the number of HS slot with the allocated number of tickets/slot and end up with the total number of HS tickets a member can sell.

A member is sold out when currently all of her tickets are "reserved".
    A slot is sold out when all tickets for a certain member and a timeslot are "reserved".

Regarding "reserved": All of this works like a lottery. The general application period is divided into several rounds. In each round a fan might apply for n-tickets for a certain member and a timeslot. If he wins the ticket(s) will get reserved. At the end of the general application period he is expected to pay for the tickets he has won.
    However not all people do this, so these tickets end up being again available in subsequent resale rounds.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

May I ask that anyone know if there are any resale rounds for Jiwaru DAYS IHS? I'm planning to travel to Japan either Aug or Sep. If I could go on Aug, I really wanna meet some 48 girls in IHS. NHS is easier to join but I have to travel to Osaka and might not have time to properly talk with my oshi (Renacchi). And Is the gimmick for some girls that I can do lottery and win it by the time I do the handshake right?

It's not really related to HS but have you guys ever met a problem with other Japanese site that you can not apply for ticket because your name is too long? I applied for tickets in Rakuten but couldnt because this site limit name to maximum 12 letters while my name has total 16 letters. I am confused a lot :(

13. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    Might be. Previous resale round was a while ago, but they haven’t yet shipped the CDs.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    @miyabi

If you are interested in HKT48, they are doing resales of "Ishi" right now for their August 25th handshake event in Tokyo, and September 7th handshake event in Nagoya. The resale will run for the next couple of weeks. And from the looks of it, these will probably not be the last resale rounds.

As for the name, I have a similar issue. Chara-ani has an 8-character limit for your given name. I just wrote my first name up to the 8th character, and on the occasion the lane staff questions it (seems to happen once per event) I merely point out the website limit, and tell them my name is too long, and it solves the issue.

However, on the AKB48 Group Shop website, which handles the HKT theater version orders, they allow my full name, so I know it takes at least 12 characters.

• Like Like x 1
  15. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

@Cristafari really thank for your kindness I will consider HKT handshake, my oshi is Nako but I am also kinda interested in KuriSae. ^^

So for the name limited, if my given name (which printed in my passport) is Mxxx Gxx Uxxx, as you said, I can fill Mxxx Gxx and explain for them later right? My friend said I should contact to website but I dont think they can solve this problem so I think I should ask s.o has experience and try my luck ^^

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  16. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    On HS tickets I only use my first name and surname, even if my passport has my second name too.

• Like Like x 1
  17. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    @miyabi If you're interested in STU48 there's a ticket sale currently in progress for their 3rd single HS events in Yokohama (8/31 & 9/1) and in Tokyo (9/7 & 9/8). Application site is here:

https://stu48.chara-ani.com/

Likewise I only use my first name and surname on tickets even though my passport has my middle name.

• Like Like x 1
  18. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

@Tuhis and @David61 thank you guys so much. May I ask one more question? Are your names like ... divided into 2 or 3 parts? Because my name in pp is parted into 2 - sur name and given name so I am really confused a lot. And have you ever go to concert with the same name problems? I heard that concert security is stricter than HS. I really want to use my time in Japan as much as possible to Aki-P's girls, join concert, HS and ofc theater stage because its so hard and cost a lot from my country to Japan

19. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    @miyabi

My passport has like this:

SURNAME

FIRSTNAME SECONDNAME

What nationality are you, if I may ask?

• Like Like x 1
  20. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    @miyabi It's the same for me. I've never had any problems at HS events although a couple of times I've had to help staff members to locate my name on the passport photo page. However it's always best to go to the Information Desk when you arrive at the venue to get your tickets stamped just to make sure (it only takes about 2 or 3 minutes to get that done). As for concerts I've found that staff never look very closely at my passport even though they always ask for ID.

• Like Like x 1