Takoyaki Party - NMB48 Podcasts

Discussion in 'General NMB48 Discussion' started by joooooooooe, Aug 21, 2014.

1. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    I've updated the first post with information on our podcast as well as a link to iTunes, Google Play Music, and our RSS feed.

2. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    The 2 times I went with you, I saw you leave before the hagashi touched you. I guess its a normal thing for people to do but I've learned to never leave until pushed out haha.

3. Matto

Matto Member

Oshimen:
    Hara Karen
    We recorded this in the end of February but due to issues with the host (the files, not Joe lol), posting was delayed. We're still in the process of getting it back up on iTunes, but in the meantime, you can check out the YouTube version like usual.

In episode 34, we talk about the 18th single announcement and senbatsu lineup, the Queentet photobook release event, Mizokawa Mirai's graduation announcement, InstaGuam Tour plans, and we dive deep into the common misconceptions and other pitfalls international fans tend to get into.

If you have any questions, comments, or other feedback, hit us up!

if the video does not show watch the video here

4. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    Takoyaki Party Episode 35 is up:

http://takoyakiparty.libsyn.com/-takoyaki-party-nmb-podcast-035-farewell-my-fuuchan

Matt takes over hosting duties this time to talk about NMB’s 18th Single “Yokubomono,” the Return of Yuuri, Lemon and Fuuchan’s grad concerts, and we get into the nitty-gritty about the different kinds of fans and what makes a good fan or bad fan.

Twitter:
    Matt - @matto_dayo
    Ryan - @frowndog06
    Andi - @andilee1989

email: nmb.takoyakiparty@gmail.com

0:00 - Introductions
    0:58 - 18th Single Discussion
    7:40 - Ota Yuuri is back
    16:14 - Ichikawa Miori Graduation Concert
    20:20 - Yagura Fuuko Graduation Concert
    41:10 - Fuuchan’s (and Previous Members’) Last Handshake Experiences
    59:35 - Fuuchan’s Last Theater Performance
    1:23:00 - Meta-Discussion: The Different Kinds of Fans
    2:10:53 - Closing Comments

• Like Like x 3
  5. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    Matt and Andi go on the AKB InstaGuam Tour and report back -- Day Zero

Day One

Or, you can check out our podcast feed:

http://takoyakiparty.libsyn.com

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Matto

Matto Member

Oshimen:
    Hara Karen
    Day 2 of the Guam Podcast is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

This one has some of the juiciest stories and insights plus a recording of the long-teased hotel room morning call from a 48G member. Highly recommended!

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Matto

Matto Member

Oshimen:
    Hara Karen
    • Like Like x 2
  8. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    @zeroshiki @Sakuraism and I attended the election yesterday and recorded our thoughts over pizza. Come listen if you want a report on how the mood in the NMB camp was as the election ran its course.

http://takoyakiparty.libsyn.com/

• Like Like x 1
  9. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    On this episode we talk about the upcoming tour and music video box set, and we also tackle why knowing Japanese helps strengthen our community and makes it more fun for everyone involved.
    YT:

Podcast channel:

10. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    We get a live report from @zeroshiki who was there when they announced the graduation. And your usual Takoyaki Party stuff, with other news, a look at the 6th gen, and silly handshake stories.

Podcast channel:

• Creative Creative x 1
  11. Matto

Matto Member

Oshimen:
    Hara Karen
    New episode is up.

We talk about the summer tour concerts in Sendai and Hokkaido as well as the travel stories revolving around those events, discussion on NMB ALL CLIPS results. Our metatopic is about explaining why we think international fans get information wrong/make stuff up when they don’t know the details.

Podcast channel:

12. Matto

Matto Member

Oshimen:
    Hara Karen
    I give a report on Milky's concert, and we also give impressions on the preliminary info on the 19th single and talk about our involvement with the Japanese fans and joining birthday/election committees and so on.

Podcast channel:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    So I listened to a bit of the podcast on the involvement with Japanese fans, and I have some two cents to add on that.

I'm not exactly the best example because I only have like one or two Japanese fan friends, and the rest are acquaintances I've never met lol. And I've joined group chats before for not just 48 but other fandoms too. However, cause I was like not in Japan all the time (since I don't live there etc), I always felt kind of left out, so I ended up not staying very long in them. Those Japanese fan group chats didn't particularly work for me, but who knows, it might work for others (of course you'll need to know Japanese though).

But well, I found that I'm better with people one-on-one anyway. Be it 48 or previous fandoms in the past, I have met up with Japanese friends before and are friends with some of them even till today. What I usually do is just initiate casual conversation via Twitter mentions (especially if we're mutuals). With some people, if I notice we click really well etc, sometimes we're able to naturally move to either DMs or LINE. But to be very honest, for some of them, it took me years to reach a level where they were comfortable in giving me a more personal contact like LINE and arranging to meet up etc. I mean just like any friendship, it's not just about getting along but building trust as well.

Though recently, I do have a rare kind of case where I had just mentioned a Milky TO on Twitter because I was asking her something that I thought she knew the answer to, and from there, we got kind of acquainted. She wasn't following me at first, but after some exchanges, she followed me back. And then when Milky's birthday and lives were coming up, she needed a favour from me which was exactly like what you guys talked about aka wanting international fans to send Milky messages in English. She was from the birthday committee and sought my help via DM in translating the instructions etc into English and yeah, I helped her do so. We kinda got more friendly after that, and since we were both going to be at Milky's live, we actually brought up the idea of maybe meeting up even if briefly. And cause of that, we exchanged LINE contacts.

So, she was only at the Tokyo live, and as part of the birthday committee, she was very busy throughout the day organising things. Hence, I could only meet her very briefly just for a couple of minutes before the live. @Matto that was when we were still outside but you went inside the car showroom place I think. Otherwise, you probably would have met her too haha. But yeah, she was someone in about her 30s I think, and was a really nice older sister kind of figure. This time she was really busy etc, but she said if I were to come to a future Milky event, we should chill and talk lots. So, that was kinda cool haha.

Oh, there was one super rare time when I was at NMB theatre way back in 2014. That time I had no Internet, and was pretending to mess with my phone while waiting at the staircase to go into theatre. Then, one girl came and asked my ticket number, and found that her number was right next to mine. So, she stood beside me. I don't usually initiate conversations or approach people. But at that time, I mustered all the courage I had to speak to her because I was alone there, and girl next to me also seemed alone. And just from that encounter, we got along, and are actually still friends, and in contact today haha.

Also, I don't know how it is for you guys but Idk if it's cause I'm Asian and a girl, I have actually been to a NMB random 2-shot event before where there were some friendly Kansai girls who approached me, and would casually ask me which member I got in the lottery etc. That time, I was really shy and awkward, and it was when my Japanese was not great at all, so I did answer them but didn't bring the conversation further. But now, come to think of it, I definitely could have haha. So, yeah I think it's very dependent on the circumstances, but as you guys said, these Japanese people are regular people too. You can try to befriend them as how you would usually befriend someone in any other context. Not all of them are as open, but once they get to know and trust you, they'll be more than happy to hang out etc. It just kind of depends how much time you're willing to invest in getting to know them, and showing interest in them imo.

14. Matto

Matto Member

Oshimen:
    Hara Karen
    Episode 41: In which we talk about NMB 8th anniversary, Boku Date Naichau Yo, NMB Shuffle Speculation, Sayaka Grad Concert Speculation and the SP Handshake Experiences, not necessarily in that order.

15. Matto

Matto Member

Oshimen:
    Hara Karen
    We did a quick and informal mini episode with a bunch of us talking about our immediate thoughts after Sayanee's grad concert.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Matto

Matto Member

Oshimen:
    Hara Karen
    Forgot to post this last week. We give an in-depth recap of Sayaka Sonic, Kojirin captain, and talk about saving the fans who are jumping ship after Sayaka’s grad.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Looks like by next episode, Azusa will become the main topic. Looking forward to your folks viewpoint.

18. Matto

Matto Member

Oshimen:
    Hara Karen
    We're back to our regularly scheduled programming where we talking about the shuffle, recent grad announcements and the 20th single.

19. Matto

Matto Member

Oshimen:
    Hara Karen
    New episode is up!

On this episode, we talk about the entirety of NMB’s 20th single and rank our favorite songs from the single. We also talk about recent events such as the Namba Seiza Matsuri, Team M’s new stage, Anchu’s play production, Manabukun Live, Queentet’s Valentine Concert, and Sayaka’s new single. Geoff also came over to Japan a couple times last month to see his oshi graduate and he shares his final handshake experience with Moka.

20. Matto

Matto Member

Oshimen:
    Hara Karen
    Here's a very late episode 45

And here's a very brand new episode 46

Talking points: WEGO collaboration group, Milky live report, Sayaka live report, 48G Spring fes live report, "Episode 1 discussion." We also answer some questions that were submitted to us by the community. If you have any questions or comments about the show feel free to post them here or in the YouTube comments.