1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

NGT48 Assault Case

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by Cisalpine88, Jan 9, 2019.

1. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I just want to say, no 'argument' or 'point' is a dumb, hypocritical, or childish one in this situation, given the way AKS has dealt with this case up until now. So everyone should feel free to post whatever they feel is a point to make (that doesn't resort to name-calling for no reason). We're here to discuss, not call anyone names because you disagree with what someone else has said. How some users have continued to do this for so long while other users get temporarily banned here boggles my mind. :fp:
    Anyway

Instagram recently (maybe over the last few months) implemented this new story setting, where you can add people to a 'close friends' list, similar to snapchat, and when you send a story out you can choose if you want it to be sent publicly, or to close friends only. It's a way for people to not have to create a whole new private account, but still have private posts if they want to. The buttons to post on public or close friends are right next to each other, so it's likely she did click on it accidentally. I've seen a lot of my own friends post things on public by mistake when intending to post on the close friends one, so it's probably more likely this is what she did. here's a link for those who want to see what i mean

My question is, does this demotion truly mean anything? She's been removed from her leader position, but the teams where dissolved already. So it was just 1st gen and KKS, right? So they've demoted her to KKS, but she's still a fully debuted 1st gen member, just like Miichan was. It's even better for Minami because there are no teams at all, and no one is really scheduled for anything right now, so the girls are pretty much on the same playing field. So for me, this is just a loophole and a way for AKS to save face. They addressed the inappropriate act, but they haven't really done anything. The girls could remain team-less for the next 4 months for example, and when everything has blown over AKS can remake the teams and add Minami to a team alongside other KKS to make it less obvious.
    However, I wouldn't advocate for her to be completely removed from the group when there are other members who have been accused for far worse, and have many more reasons for them to be fired. Just feels like a lot of time being wasted when you could just deal with all the bad eggs in one go lol

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Falx1984

Falx1984 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    fukagawamai
    I believe that was labeled back then as a rumor and is still such.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ritto2908

ritto2908 Member

Oshimen:
    Umezawa Minami
    I came again to sip NGTea. Thought Mahohon's graduation would not bring me here again.

• Creative Creative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. af8!

af8! Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    Regardless of intention, what Katomina did was thoughtless. And sure it may have been an accident to post publicly, but that doesn't help her case. If she was sad about the news, why mention you're doing your nails? It just makes it seem like Maho being on the news is an inconvenience to her after finally being able to do her nails in her personal time. And for me at least, her wording didn't sound very sad. The first part makes it sound like a complaint to me. That's just me, but I find it interesting that management decided to demote her. It's useless, but also unexpected. Good damage control, I guess.

Again this is just me but I feel like even if she wasn't accused this would get backlash because she's an NGT member, which happens the be the group in one of the highest scandals in the 48-group history, if not for idols in general. This whole thing has been mismanaged and it's just thoughtless.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Haruka Suzuki

Haruka Suzuki Member

Oshimen:
    Isogai Kanon
    Pages back someone listed 7 members who didn't tweet or say anything relating to Maho's graduation announcement. Now either I'm blind or that post isn't there anymore, since I can't find it for the life of me. If someone could tell me who those 7 members are I will be forever grateful

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    You'd think that after everything NGT48 has gone through with the assault of Maho and what has happened to her aftwerwards, the other members of the group would be so careful what they say to each other and on social media. The Japanese media is looking at NGT with a microscope and any little thing they do is gonna be blown x1000. I'm not surprised she got demoted.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I'm not surprised she slipped, thought I honestly expected it to be Noe.
    When you are in a place where everything you do against the rules is never punished, you become so sure of your position you're also careless about what you do.
    Also, I feel like she isn't punished this time either..
    "demoting" a member in KKS is too little and way too late.
    Expecially because Maho had to go through this kind of behaviour for months

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. SaitoWinterStar

SaitoWinterStar Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Admittedly my expectations for NGT management are very low, but I am curious if this signals some reform happening within the administration.

When something bad happened they:
    1. Acted quickly to acknowledge it
    2. Management apologized
    3. Made the offender apologize
    4. Announced some kind of punishment
    5. Announced some plan for corrective action
    This is like PR damage control 101, but it feels completely different than what they've done since January.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I feel many could think mngmnt has nothing to lose anymore and is finally acting like it should have since months... but for me this is more fishy than any other things they did so far. It's like they are saying, "well, we eliminated the ones that could cause problems to us, now we can pretend we are doing something about bullies..." meanwhile the "punishment" is not punishment at all.

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Lisa

Lisa Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    I don’t know, I have a feeling this is damage control in benefit of the other 48 groups (because this bad press reflects on all the 48G imo) and Ngt48 is bound to be disbanded at this point. If the fandom doesn’t know which members are or aren’t involved, how can they regain trust in the group? And transferring whatever members to other groups like it’s been suggested will only perpetuate this situation. After all of this, the best would be to just divulge who actively participated or contributed to the assault and remove those girls from NGT48 if there’s any chance for this group to go on... otherwise it looks like a long path downhill from here on out IMO.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  11. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    Eh, is getting demoted to become a KKS really a punishment for Katomina though?

She's currently in a group without teams, she's still one of the more prominent members. What exactly did she lose?

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. ayyu

ayyu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    maybe i missed a post, but is the japanese media reacting to it at all?

13. SaitoWinterStar

SaitoWinterStar Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    I'm working on the news summary translation, I think there's at least one article and tv news story about it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    i think it was big on the internet.

15. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
  16. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    "On May 21 NGT 48 announced on its official site that Minami Kato (20) of the idol group NGT 48 received demotion from a first-year student to a research student, given that there were inappropriate postings on SNS."

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/article?a=20190521-00010006-jisin-ent

Story with quotes from other members about the SNS ban.

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20190521-00010004-musicv-ent

Note that the arama article was actually from jcast and natalie

https://www.j-cast.com/2019/05/20357891.html
    https://natalie.mu/music/news/332279

More: does Huffington Post count? (taken from Oricon)
    https://www.huffingtonpost.jp/entry/ngt-sns-stop_jp_5ce39720e4b0e69c18f0ac88
    https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2113727/full/

P.S. google works. :) [click on news after you search for NGT48. Better, search for 加藤美南]

Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 12.59.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 12.59.45 PM.png

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  17. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    • Informative Informative x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  18. shinra94

shinra94 Kenkyuusei

NGT48 need to just be quietly wrapped up now.

They've become the shame of the family like a criminal brother who wont stop offending.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. noodle

noodle Kenkyuusei

i've quietly followed the 48 groups since 2009 when I randomly stumbled on some akbingo videos. to make a long story short, the first group I decided to stan from it's inception was NGT(I was never a hardcore fan of the 48 groups, so I would often miss big news events and group announcements). needless to say, this is just disappointing. it's like the group is filled with a bunch of petty bullies and complacent allies. I genuinely hope that they disband the group, if only to protect the rest of the 48 series from damage. its just going to lead to more criticism for the other 200+ girls that are associated with them if they don't. but I am also just a lowly meetan and sashiko oshi, so ignore my two cents.

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    Serious damage has already been done to other groups. No SSK. No summer single. No handshake events for 3 months...

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 4