NGT48 Assault Case

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by Cisalpine88, Jan 9, 2019.

1. primermicarrucha

primermicarrucha Future Girls

alright, i made a few changes.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  2. ayyu

ayyu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    i Have been stalking stage48 for a while before i made an account. this place is amazing for getting information and keeping up to date. but the long paragraph arguments with a hard head(person who will never change their mind) always confuse me. i dont get why people dont ignore the obvious bait/pointless arguments.

everyone is entitled to their opinions, even if it is wrong.

on topic: I think the whole Instagram incident is the nail in the coffin.before other members might of tried to pass off as innocent, and the hate being focused on the alleged 2 guilty members, but with that Instagram post, it has planted in the public minds that NGT48 are full of mean girls regardless on who was involved exactly with the criminals.

• Agree Agree x 22
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. shining445

shining445 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    jonishikei
    Thank you :) My Japanese is not the greatest, so I appreciate this.

• Like Like x 1
  4. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    They are statements of fact.

The timing of each of her reveals ensured they'd get maximum publicity and overshadow everything else. Argue the fire needed to stay lit if you want, but pouring gasoline into it is a perfect metaphor for what she did.

Inapooh hated (and hates) Katomina's guts. That doesn't mean she wasn't dating, but it's unlikely it was with anyone in his "gang".

Except intention is exactly the thing at issue here, in both cases. You'd have to show not merely that members leaked information but that they did so with the purpose of furthering an assault or causing Mahohon distress. That's not clear at all, despite some here taking it as gospel truth.

• Dislike x 15
    • Agree x 3
    • Old x 3
    • Disagree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Useful x 1
  5. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    What the fuck are you talking about. All of her reveals were immediately after management lied about the situation or tried to detract from her. It’s not like she carefully planned her reveals, she just responded in the moment.

Ugh. Why do people try to paint Maho in this way.

• Agree Agree x 34
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. SaitoWinterStar

SaitoWinterStar Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    My translation of the summary from https://jbbs.shitaraba.net/bbs/read.cgi/music/29852/1553736787/ for 5/22 (Wednesday).
    Please let me know if there are any mistakes!

• Informative Informative x 16
    • Like Like x 1
  7. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  8. eko p

eko p Kenkyuusei

When I give a person schedule and address to known hitman, what do you think I expect to happen?
    Can I go to court with “I don’t know that he’s going to actually kill him” or “I only gave him the address, I never said to kill him” defense?
    Despite all of my excuses and tears, when the court learn that at some point I gave the hitman detailed info about the target, they will certainly convict me with murder
    In conspiracy like this, the court don’t need to know for sure that I know for sure what the hitman will do to be accountable for the hitman action
    Unless I gave the police my written confession, by your standard my intent will always be unclear
    So what do you think? Without any confession, what proof do you need to know my real intention is? Without any confession, am I guilty or not??

Now when NGT member from consorting side gave Maho’s schedule and address who clearly vocal about being serious idol and totally against consorting with whale fans to a gang of people who well known as stalker and molester, what did she expect to happen??
    What proof do you need to know member real intention when she leaked Maho's personal info to the gang? Their written confession on silver platter??

• Like x 10
    • Agree x 4
    • Disagree x 4
    • Winner x 1
    • Creative x 1
  9. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    the management try to put the case under the rug, she wont allows it
    the effect might be the same but the intention might not be to pour gasoline to the fire, but keeping the fire on

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    Nobody is doing that.
    Everybody agrees that management screwed up big time with trying to sweep everything under the rug.
    Everybody agrees that Maho called them out multiple times on it and she had every right to do so.

She was putting pressure onto management and trying to come to an different solution than trying to make everybody come down with inaction and lies. That obviously lead to increased outrage towards mngmt, therefore can be described with the proverb "put fuel into a fire". You can also say that she kept the fire burning, but from a physical POV that is only possible if you put fuel into it (and oxygen) ;)

Again: The proverb itself doesn't say that Maho did something wrong. It's serves only as a metaphor.

Regarding the whole information leak thingy:
    That is what still puzzles me and I haven't seen a clear explanation on this:
    If I'm not mistaken the report said that a member leaked some information (it doesn't describe which) to the attacker(s). But for all we know is that at least one of them (#2) seemed to live on the same floor as Maho, members get visits from the opposite gender regularly and address information (of not only Maho) was up for sale on the interwebs.
    So personally, I would be careful with directly accusing a member with 'giving away Mahos address'.

• Like x 5
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Old x 1
  11. Falx1984

Falx1984 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    fukagawamai
    pour gas/gasoline on the fire
    To do or say something to make an argument, problem, or bad situation worse; to further incense an already angry person or group of people. The debate was going poorly for the senatorial candidate, and his strikingly uncouth comments simply poured gasoline on the fire. Revelations of the CEO's massive retirement package poured gas on the fire for consumers already furious over the charity's dubious financial dealings.

pour gas on the fire. (n.d.) Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. (2015).

So no, it would not be an accurate way to explain what she did.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. FJR Bbb

FJR Bbb Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Just disband this group.
    As long as the ones who contributed to it are there, it can't be trusted. it can't heal as long as the "virus" is still there. it will continue to spread.. . .

• Agree Agree x 25
  13. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    But they do need to prove that you were aware he was a hitman. Contrary to what you seem to believe, these wota were not "known molesters", and it's unclear how much of their stalking activities were known to the members. Don't you think it's odd, if these wota were "known stalkers", that none of that got mentioned in the debriefing in the park? Maho too seemed to think they were just "fat wota", and fully believed that other members had sold her out.

Further... this has all been covered extensively in the past, but the members didn't just "give" Maho's schedule and address to them. Her return time was guessed from her theater schedule, their knowledge of NGT48's bus schedules (which as the report points out were quite noticeable in a small city like Niigata), and a question that one member foolishly answered about whether Maho was on a given bus. Even with this knowledge, they were still waiting around for quite a while before she arrived (according to one source, though I don't remember what that source was or whether it is reliable).

As to her address, don't you find it even the least bit suspicious that two of a group of "idol hunters", who traded in idol addresses and personal information by buying them from wota or from corrupt store employees with access to address data (or by screaming in the hallways while members were streaming), would have needed to get Mahohon's address from a member? Even more since "Joe" was renting an apartment on the very same floor and is suspected of having visited many times in the past? They already knew her address. No, it is more likely that Joe was telling a bald-faced lie when he told Maho he learned her address from a member--a lie he immediately backed out of when it didn't have the desired effect.

* That said, from Mahohon's perspective there's only one member who could have leaked her parent's address to them, and that member is among the suspected members. But even then there are other ways they could have found that address.

Any proof at all that members who were aware of their nature gave them "detailed info" about Mahohon would suffice. All we have is the initial claims of the perpetrators, when they were trying and failing to defuse the situation after the assault.

So, you provide a definition describing exactly what she did, and then conclude it's not an accurate description. Most peculiar.

• Dislike x 11
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Useful x 1
    • Old x 1
  14. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Imagine having to submit your resignation because your niece couldn't have her social media shadiness in check.

• Winner Winner x 32
  15. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Only in Japan.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Frans48

Frans48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    ROTFL :1st:

• Dislike Dislike x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  17. Falx1984

Falx1984 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    fukagawamai
    Figures you wouldn't read it properly. The definition specifically shows it is inciting an angry response for malicious purposes.
    I thought the last mod post said people doing exactly what you did would get threadbanned.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  18. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    That is nowhere in the definition you posted, nor is it how the phrase is used. It doesn't matter whether you intended that outcome or it was just an unintended side effect, if your actions make an already bad situation worse it's "pouring gasoline into the fire" or "fanning the flames".
    https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/add_fuel_to_the_fire#English
    https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/fan_the_flames#English
    https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/pour_gasoline_on_the_fire#English

Look through the example sentences. In many there is clear intent, but in others the effect was clearly accidental or even the opposite of the desired outcome.

• Disagree x 5
    • Agree x 3
    • Creative x 3
    • Dislike x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Old x 1
  19. Falx1984

Falx1984 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    fukagawamai
    You always RP lawful good don't you.

Outside of the narrative you are trying to construct out of your version of the events, you really make no sense whatsoever. Back to ignoring you then.

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Oh, yeah... I promised myself the other translation post was to be my last major effort, but like I said previously somewhere else, this is something interesting since recently, with some new unconfirmed infos entering the debate, the doubts on who was the legal owner of that room have been reignited.
    For some reason, both management and all authorities involved had always kept tiptoeing around the matter of what was the legal owning status of that room on the other side of the hallway for some weird reasons, often with contraddicting statements, instead of telling things straight. Probably because in NGT the accommodation for out-of-prefecture members are managed in close cooperation with local government organizations (and I mean, it was also one of the boasting points during the promotion for the 2nd generation audition, so...), which would have been an even bigger source of trouble.
    To make a short timeline of all the previous statements:
    ・January 10, an official declaration from AKS after the infamous Third Anniversary stage and the coerced apology. Management lying through their teeth, or being left in the dark about the situation until this point.
    https://ngt48.jp/news/detail/100003058
    "one member has been identified as having been accosted by a man while on the street and, although she didn't know where Yamaguchi Maho's home was, she informed them of what time Yamaguchi would return back to her home, which would have allowed them to infer the location"

・January 10, from Niigata Nippo (article now deleted, but thank goodness for the Wayback Machine doing its job). With no mention of the attackers even coming out of the room or having rented it at all, and instead "visiting it", by that time even the police still tried to play dumb to say the least...
    http://web.archive.org/web/20190110...nippo.co.jp/news/national/20190110443786.html
    "According to the police, last December two fans visited Yamaguchi's building inside the city of Niigata, later arrested on charges of having physically assaulted her by grabbing her face and throwing her on the ground. Afterward, the Niigata Prosecutor Office did not prosecute them, the reason for this decision has not been revealed"

・January 12, at last in their live broadcast Shuukan Bunshun (more interested in muddying the waters, with the management's silent approval, due their interests being at stake) rushes in to reveal the story that the room in question was being occupied as a "hideout" by some fictional "Z-kai" group of "idol hunters", except that it was rented by them for over one year and a half and the fact that it just was previously owned by Tano (naming her by name, bravo) was just the source of all misunderstanding on Maho's part. Also, Nakai's involvement and other nonsense nobody took seriously. Yeah, keep it in mind it was Bunshun which broke the news, along with other suspiciously coordinated stuff happening around that time, between shady (dis)info accounts and all...

・January 13, from Niigata Nippo. The (NGT) management for some reason recovers from their bout of amnesia from a few days earlier, after Bunshun (not the police, or anyone else trustable) kindly reminded them of the details...
    https://www.niigata-nippo.co.jp/news/national/20190123446195.html
    "(the management) revealed that the offenders rented a room on the opposite side as that of Yamaguchi"

・January 26, from Friday, we have a last available interview with any police officier (deputy chief of Niigata's department) that I could find. Nothing new, but notice the police basically still not willing to make an official statement about the status of that room...
    NGT48山口真帆さん暴行事件 犯人が「野放し」になった理由(FRIDAY).png
    "-- Is there any verbal testimony saying that the suspects came out of another apartment of the building in question?
    Can't answer.

-- They were encroaching into the victim’s place of residence, but doesn't it constitute house invasion?
    I believe there exist -- to say -- the basis proving their (the perpetrators’) presence in there.
    "

・March 21, on the third-party committee's research report:
    http://web.archive.org/web/20190321073017/https://ngt48.com/news/detail/100003226
    - The notion is repeated again very noncommittally in this part at page 5, which comes before Maho's complete testimony of the attack and the events afterwards , but it is unsourced as to where they got this from. For one thing, the committee does not seems to have been granted access to rental records for them to work on, so...:
    "As a premise before ascertaining the sequence of facts of the incident in question, we'll first bring attention to following point(s):
    * At the time of the incident in question, several members in addition to Yamaguchi lived in the building involved. B also did previously, but she already went away months before the incident
    "
    - Meanwhile, on page 9 we find this other eyebrow-raising reveal:
    "Yamaguchi also heard from the police officiers of the Niigata Department that Man #1, apart from the building in question, had been renting rooms in other 3 buildings across the city of Niigata, one of which being the one where C lives in"
    Now, B is identified as Tano and C as Nishigata

This was everything until May 17, when for some reason Shincho -- which is just on the same level as Bunshun in terms of niche but they traditionally are rival publications -- published on their website what is purported to be bits and pieces of a written transcript, as provided by an obscure "AKS insider", of the voice recordings of the convertations with the culprits, after the assault was foiled and one more member, the staff, and eventually the police, were called in for help. I previously translated a complete testimony of the attack and the events afterwards from the report here and there, which are also a must-read before you go at it, if you haven't already.
    Leaving aside how much this, should I call it, leak is a violation of secrecy policies, the relevant bits are in this passage:

https://www.dailyshincho.jp/article/2019/05171846/
    "D: [inaudible bit] How about that park there? Should I contact [name of management's staff]? Do we go to the park?"
    Yamaguchi: "Yeah, let's. Or else, should we better go have a talk in B's room? Or does it feel scary to you?
    D: Isn't B in B's room?
    Yamaguchi: Nope. But I see they are renting B's room. Really. They even have the keys.
    D: That's pretty disturbing.
    Yamaguchi: Previously C and [fan's nickname] were there together too.
    D: What!? That's unthinkable, really."

And then those two hints in the (alleged) conversation afterwards:
    "Yamaguchi: How, how did you get to that place?
    Man #1: That place...
    Yamaguchi: Did the key get handed over to you by B like that?
    Man #1: Oh, not like that, not like that. [inaudible bit], that is what I asked for."

"Man #1: In that case, alright, to be honest, about that, they didn't get handed over by B directly. She had returned them back once before, if I recall, and I inherited that over for me. I... borrowed them, well, more so than that, they were then picked up back by me..
    Yamaguchi: So, did you receive the keys from B or not? Considering how, if that's not, you just wouldn not get granted the keys without having even moved in, no...?"
    etc...

Again, for those who don't know, note for the millionth time that on the day of the incident either Maho or the member who arrived made a recording of what was said so that they could have solid documentation (in the event the accused would go back on it, or they would later fail to collaborate as it happened). Maho was also the one who personally submitted various such recordings from that day to the third-party committee for them to examine, as stated in the report, and some sparse quotes from the culprits contained inside are used here and there in the final report document as the evidence's backbone, especially in relationship to their claim of member's involvement in obtaining informations.
    This transcript, on the other hand, is of unconfirmed authenticity hence why I love to call it "apocryphal", but other than that it also expands on the member's connected with yakkais (7, by the yakkais own admission) with a certain member "G" (all eyes on Kato on this one) mentioned as their main conduit between themselves and the certain group members.

Note again that the D in that dialogue is the member who rushed to Maho's house after the call, allegedly Mofu if we are to take Bunshun's "reveal" as "gospel truth" (...) but who knows... Meanwhile, even here B is Tano, and C is Nishigata.
    It's even more interesting to note, though, how apparently in this alleged transcript, not even D, who lived on the same floor as Maho did for years based on the description of the events in the third-party report, realized until the very day of the incident that the room where the attackers came out "technically" no longer belonged to Tano, with it apparently doubling instead as some kind of a meeting room shared with the yakkais and some part of the members.
    Seeing the turn of phrases, the Wezzy articles, like everyone else right now, has to ask who the key was passed to between B and the yakkais without an official renting contract or anything, if it's the management, or the housing agency and what consent did they get for this to even happen...

Last edited: Apr 13, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 21
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 2