1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The Hinatazaka46 thread

Discussion in 'General Hinatazaka46 Discussion' started by kanjo, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Kudo Riko (48), Takase Kurumi
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    Yeah Katoshi is just like Mayaan… they're both human females, pretty, and have two arms, two legs, and two eyes each! :rofl: I swear, I have no idea where people come up with this stuff. I guess one likes (or dislikes?) two girls and on account of that goes out of one's way to imagine similarities?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. amimaru

amimaru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    koikeminami
    hinataz bearing semblance to the nogiz being pure type traditional idols but its ridiculous forcing a member by member counterpart mapping lol

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

Because its not true? Theyre not similar to each other at all.

Name one way that Watanabe Miho and Hori Miona are similar.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

That is just so absurd! Miho and Miona? They are not similar at all. Miona is very calm and quiet while Miho is more active

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    They may not be similar to you, but for the poster, he may have had the impression from a certain perspective that the girls resemble one another. You may not like the comparison, but you can't just denounce his opinion as if it's completely bogus. To him at least that's true. And that's his way of getting himself familiar with Hinata girls.

I don't know a lot of Hinata girls, but for an instance, I get the Katoshi-Maiyan comparison. They don't look like each other at all physically, but the concept of both of them being geared more towards beauty and fashion is kinda similar. On the other hand, Memi and Zukki I don't quite understand, because from pov, Memi gave me the impression of being timid, shy, closed off, but naturally cute and endearing, while Zukki looks more open and seems more like a "fisher", but then again I don't know much about Zukki, so there may be a certain angle/perspective the poster looked at that made him think they are similar to each other.

Plus it's not like he said they are exactly the same or all other comparisons is untrue. If he did, I would like to stood corrected.

So rather than outright saying they are not at all similar to each other, it might be more constructive to list the differences between the girls.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Old Old x 2
  6. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    This exactly. I don't mind comparisons in general. Umezawa is clearly being pushed as a Mayaan clone (whether that's who she really is or not — we'll see in time). Kai Kokoa gives me basically the same vibe as Sae. Yahagi Moeka is the new Milky. Comparisons can be an useful way to be introduced to a new idol.

It's not comparisons in general I have a problem with, it's the comparisons I've been hearing about Hinatas that I find ridiculous. Toshi and Mayaan aren't similar in any way I can think of, appearance, personality, way of speaking, or push style, except that among (many) other things they both happen to get fashion and modeling jobs. Which means nothing given how many Hinatas are doing fashion and modeling atm. If you want to make a Nogi comparison, I guess she'd be closer to Nanamin? (Which in turn was pretty similar to Mariko-sama.) Or Ringo.

Miho and Miona… wat. Konoka and Nakada Kana are both serious, capable, and smart, so it's not a pointless comparison I suppose, but their personalities and styles are different enough that I wouldn't have thought of the comparison, either.

To think of it a different way: it's not comparisons in general, just I think these people are forcing it a bit much, rather than observing that X happens to be similar in some ways to Y as is kind of natural, they're forcing square pegs into round holes just to play a game of finding the ‘alternate reality counterpart’ for each member. Which is fun for the person who does but is not really interesting for anyone else.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  7. call me cubo

call me cubo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    小悪魔のあっしゅ
    Twitter:
    dipolacubo
    I dont know about you but I do feel that Hinata members has some similarities with Nogi members. I will never follow Hinata in the first place if I didnt feel the same atmosphere with Nogi since my main is Nogi.
    It's okay if you dont like the comparison idea, but still, it give some unpredictable result in the end.
    I do agree and disagree for some comparison, yet I still respect the poster.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Old Old x 1
  8. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

Of course I can. I literally just did.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Miona is just as active as Miho. I understand their comparison concerning variety.

Umm the post talking about the Katoshi And Maiyan comparison it’s mostly how she reminds people of Maiyan during early Nogi days. You saying she might be similar to Nanamin is the most ridiculous statement I’ve seen concerning the matter. They’re polar opposites.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    For me a basic rule is the person making the non-obvious claim should usually have the burden of proof, right? :D Why would we have to explain why she isn't when we don't even understand how they think she is…

Great, so you see how I feel! Toshi is nothing like Mayaan, either now or early days. The exact quote was ‘Kato who’s basically Maiyan’s doppelgänger' to which, uh, just no, not in any way.

(And for that matter you're probably right, she's not like Nanamin either, I was stretching there. My train of thought was, if you want to compare to a model, Nanamin would be closer; but it's still a huge stretch. Honestly I don't feel Toshi is similar enough to any other idol I know of… neither is Miho, by the way.)

11. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Yea I’m still sticking to what I said because that’s how I see it. They’re both my oshis for similar reasons. The sole basis of these comparisons is based on personal perspective. So for you it’s a no but it doesn’t mean your opinion is definitive. Let people make comparisons if they want to even if you don’t agree with it. Unless it’s harmful or offensive which is definitely not the case here.

• Like Like x 1
  12. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

Every girl is one of a kind.

• Old Old x 1
  13. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

I for one don't even understand why they are being compared. Last I checked, fans didn't want Hinata to be compared to either Nogi or Keyaki and wanted them to be them so how come some are even considering it?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

It's a long time ago, so I remember my impression more than an exact example, but I just felt she was excessively sure of herself, from her expressions and manner. Once she was in the group, I realized that the group could use some of that confidence, so I could reconcile my impressions that way. But that's as far as I want to go. I am fairly desperate to lose my early impression of her. Now I just want to concentrate on not seeing it. It probably began as the natural response of a 1gen fan to interlopers.

As for the main topic of discussion on this page, I've stopped reading comparisons of one idol to another. They never make sense to me, except in the shallowest way. For me, anyway, they seem to diminish both people being compared.

Last edited: May 26, 2019
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    What’s happening with HinaAi? There’s no preview for Sunday’s episode

16. halcyon

halcyon Next Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Shibata Yuna
    Twitter:
    halcyon46G
    5月26日(日)の放送は「全仏オープンテニス」中継のため放送日時の変更の可能性がございます。
    There may a change to the schedule due to the broadcast of the Roland Garros French Open.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. AlterEvolver

AlterEvolver Kenkyuusei

I think he/she means next week preview eps.. yeah no preview for next week (2th June), meanwhile keyakake still update like usual

18. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    Possibly the problem is with your wording. Saying someone is someone else's dopplegänger is… not quite offensive but… a bit demeaning? Humans like our individuality, and especially idol fans normally like their idols for the girl's uniqueness. It struck me strongly the wrong way when I first read it, and I'm not sure this is the reason, but probably.

19. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    2nd single news perhaps?

Ah sorry no I didn’t mean it like that. Me saying someone is Maiyan’s doppelgänger is one of my highest compliments djdjd but I understand

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  20. AlterEvolver

AlterEvolver Kenkyuusei

Yahoo update HinaAi preview for next week

upload_2019-5-26_23-29-9.png

• Like Like x 1