1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kawamura Mahiro (Rottii) / 1st Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Graduated Members' started by ~~kumako~~, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

2. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

You know what, I'm starting to believe Rotti may have left Z-Girls. It's a 50/50 chance now. For a debuting group, she has been absent for three weeks now. Zgirls posted today a new vlog of Vanya and all the members were there except Mahiro. :cry:

if the video does not show watch the video here

I wonder why this is happening. They are in a process of recording and dancing to their comeback next month. Definately something is up now. I can't compare this to their previous situation when that indian guy was missing, because he did post vlogs of himself on their channel, while he was absent from their tour.

3. mb1619

mb1619 Kenkyuusei

I'm not surprised if she is leaving/has left. The reasons are numerous:

- Shady , low-budget production company (especially compared to the likes of Sony Music)
    - Relative lack of success of the unit so far
    - Seemingly high workload involving lots of travelling for small-fry gigs (even compared to the Nogi unders events)
    - Relative lack of personal recognition from fans, and lack of Japanese following for the group as a whole
    - Necessity to move away from Japan, especially without any second language skills
    - Language barrier with the other members and staff, which is probably isolating when all the other members seem to speak some English

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

I agree with everything you wrote, but if I were her, I would give it a couple months before leaving. Zenith just disbanded LipBubble and maybe if they were going to debut another new korean girl group, Mahiro could be in their plans? She has the visual for KPOP compared to the other Zgirls members besides Joanne. Stay in the ZPOP project until it's over, which I think pretty soon since they are only a project.

If she left, what's next for her? I would liked her to be a freelance solo-artist in Japan if she's still into doing music.

5. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    She can stick or under mentoring with Sunset Akira and I think her career in Japan will do okay enough, although starting more on the underground at first. One of the 1st gen member (I forget her name) who made the underground band as a guitarist is a good sample to follow.

Kawamura and Sunset Akira looks like they hit it off pretty well.

6. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

7. welp

welp Next Girls

Another group that will flop and she may perhaps save 10,000 won after working for a year? I don't think that's a nice idea.

I suspect Odyssey links to Zenith and Odyssey's pan SEA project needs a big load of money to run.

Isn't Z-Girls supposed to get a new name? I don't think it's a short-term project.

Taking hiatus due to personal issue? If this were K-pop, 70% possibility she's leaving.

8. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

Even though I suspected something was wrong and not surprised by this news, it's still sad that Rotti's first experience with KPOP was not a good one. Kinda wished she had join a KPOP group, but it would be much harder in the application process than Zpop.

This Odyssey project will certainly flop. Zpop is barely making it, so how could they succeed? lol

In the same day as Rotti temporary leave news came out, they posted two videos for the next auditioning for Zpop:

There is another one for Z-boys but that would be go too off-topic. The app video they released yesterday:

I think Zenith did this just to put people's mind away from the news about Rotti. It's kind of smart PR, but also cynical. They knew Rotti's absent would create negative buzz, so they had to do something to stop it from spreading. Typical KPOP damage control method.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  9. welp

welp Next Girls

It could have been worse if she had joined an irrelevant K-pop group, stuffed in a basement room without window and electricity with all other members, could barely afford any food but kimbap (makisushi). If she still has the passion for K-pop, her chance to re-enter in a better condition is not zero. They will be foreign projects by bigger K-pop agencies. For examples, Mnet/CJ has planned to debut a Thai girl group and RBW has aimed to debut a Vietnamese girl group, it possibly will be girls' season of Produce 101 Japan.

I see it contrary. Fans have questioned "Why is Mahiro in Japan?" for some time but, only now that the agency decided to say something. The agency might use the announcement on Mahiro to draw attention to its app launch.

The app is kinda similar to MNL app and, MNL's app business model has been flopping so far.

10. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

Tbh, I'm unsure if she want to have another try in KPOP after her first experience with something similar to that. I mean, even though Zpop isn't KPOP, the way they have been working before their debut is exactly the same as KPOP. Living in dorm, intense dance practice, go on diet etc. And frankly, I would be skeptical if she do try another adventure in Korea. But she's not officially out yet, so let's see in the coming weeks if she has a change of mind.

I know JYP is planning a boy and girl group in Thailand, but RBW with a girl group? Where did you get that information from? As for as I know, they only have 7 vietnamese boys called D1verse. These are meant for domestic market and I don't see how Rotti can fit in them. The cultural and language barrier will be too much. It already happened in SGO48, where Yumi had to graduated because of several personal reasons. One of them being cultural and troubling adapting.

11. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

I downloaded that Glitsy app of theirs and suprisingly Mahiro has a profile there. It's a bit similar to the korean VLive, but at the same time totally different. Maybe she is still in the group?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  12. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    As long as her departure from the group isn't announced, we should assume she still is.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

Rotti had a very cryptic IG story yesterday. It was a picture of her sitting on a cafe with a korean book on the table, and she wrote ''studying'' Hm....:confused:

14. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

I can't be sure, but I think it might mean she's studying Korean.

15. BarneyInvisible

BarneyInvisible Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    I just followed Nogi recently

can I ask why she left Nogi in the first place? because of this Korean group?

although she's not popular, but at least some fans like her, she still could perform in Under, and still can speak Japanese in the group.

I watched some Nogikojichu, she seems....quite, doesnt talk much.

the only time I can see her stand out is when she and Himura talking to each other in kawaii funny voice.
    maybe just because of herself, she couldnt fit in the group?

I dont know much, but I seen her singing video, and thats very very beautiful voice!

If she could talk a little bit more, interact with other members a little bit more, she could have become more popular.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  16. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

We will never know the real reason why this or that girls leave. You can say, maybe, because she's frustation with her position in the group or she want to pursuing her dream. But i think she's not leaving for her kpop group because it's formed long after her departure from Nogi.

17. welp

welp Next Girls

She has yet to experience how it is to be an idol of a well-established K-pop agency and it will surely be hugely different, promoting on music shows, guesting various variety shows, doing fansigns, mobbed at the airport etc.

I wonder if JYP's Thai group plan is anything beyond rough idea. (And, I mentioned about Mnet's girl group project, not JYP.) All I know is RBW's Vietnam branch has some female trainees and auditioned for more so, surely, it has the plan for a girl group.

It was expected that the decline of her already lower popularity due to dating revelation lead to her departure.
    Her quiet character surely was a factor, she would ever be popular as J-pop idol with such character and to force herself to be lively would be fake and uncomfortable. Perhaps, she also felt displaced and not belonging to the group due to her character.
    Japanese culture of big personal space makes it harder to get close to a stranger. A Korean may call someone she just met once to eat dinner together without thinking much. A Japanese, on the other hand, will think over and over, if she may trouble the other side, has she made appointment with another person?, what if she doesn't want to go but dare not to reject me? blah blah blah, and ends up never call.

18. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

Rotti was handpicked by Zenith, like GAI from Z-Boys and SID, the indian member. So if she want to try another adventure in KPOP, she has to go through ordinary audition. She will have to compete against thousands of other trainees that has many advantages over her sadly. She could apply to a potential Produce 101 Japan for girls if the first season is a success.

Tbh, like everyone has mentioned here I'm not sure if he personality fits with the life of a KPOP idol. You have to be 100% extrovert all the time. When she couldn't last in Z-Girls, how would she cope in a real KPOP group?

From her cryptic IG story of her studying korean, I wonder if Zenith maybe has other plans for her. Because I read all the Z-POP members signed a 3 years contract, so she can't just leave unless they come to a agreement.

19. amimaru

amimaru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    koikeminami
    if her end-goal is to become a kpop idol, she should have known from the name SEAneth that it ain't a legit korean label, lol

20. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

Rotti's lates IG story:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Byo-KyZgoiy/
    Apparantly, she's still on a diet. That may be a hint that she's still a part of Z-Girls.

Edit:Original IG link to her story was removed, so I had to find another fan account that has the picture.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019