IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    The reaction of some guys about I*ZONE new single are exactly the same when Violeta came out: disappointed, what a let down... blah blah blah... I wonder where are those guys who criticized Violeta now. ;))

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. welp

welp Next Girls

I don't know if Japan's K-pop market will be a main target of AKS but, AKS is learning from K-pop to better use internet platforms, which are youth friendly.
    IZ*One
    Showcase free live stream on Youtube
    Enozi Cam

AKB
    Spring Festival free live stream on Yahoo GYAO
    Off-shot cam

Perhaps, later, AKB will live stream members playing board games and release performance version MV, more free small online contents. Also, we may see more of AKB's MV/album cover in/on which members wearing street wears.

A stop of a K-pop concert tour may takes 1 day or up to 3 days of a weekend. 1 ticket is set for 1 specific evening, meaning you need 3 tickets to attend all 3 days. 1 setlist is used per a stop, meaning all days are similar and each different day is meant to be viewed by different audiences. Actually, the setlists for the entire tour is similar with few songs different.
    In a K-pop concert, the singer performs 10-12 songs. You rarely see the whole concert of only 1 group as such concert usually is recording banned. They ban the recording as the setlist will be reused elsewhere.
    You only see various artist concerts as those are planned by broadcasters to promote K-pop in general, not just specific group.

It's very common for a newer group to drop new release twice a year. IZ*One also is less worried of being forgotten as its members keep showing up on TV, Yena's weekly show on TVN, Yujin's weekly show on MBC, Eunbi's weekly show on JTBC and other members on different shows now and then.

3. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
  4. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Yet they started using video platforms quite some time ago, just some exemples:
    They officially broadcasted live 3 concerts in SSA in 2012 or streamed live a whole election night on Youtube (with live english dub) back in 2013 (and more I won't list here).
    What about showroom where the girls can do whatever they want, from conversation with their fans to a whole cooking show ?

Also aboutwill to target, have you ever heard of the "Beginner" PV being censored because it was too violent and judged innapropriate for the youngest in their public ?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
  5. welp

welp Next Girls

WM is reported to debut a new girl group in late this year or next year. The group is expected to have 7 members including Lee Seunghyun and Jo Youngin from Produce 48 with the possibility of Lee Chaeyeon being additional member after IZ*One's disbandment. WM's only girl group at the moment is Oh My Girl debuted in 2015.

Showroom pays to the person hosting the streaming thus, for group live stream, it better be the channel for the whole AKB group, not just specific member.

I don't understand what Beginner MV being banned have anything to do with the topic.

6. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

I think you missed my point. I am talking about Iz*One market in Japan which is Japanese KPop fan. Since the Iz*One fan is Japanese KPop fan and majority of Japanese KPop fan is female, the MV and song for Japanese release will cater the need of this particular demographic. Are this target market will end up became AKB48 fan? I honestly doubt so since AKB48 target different demographic which is majority of male.

8. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    @welp
    It means that they didn't wait nor learn from anyone to start using video platforms; have young and children as part of their demographic, the censorship was a hard reminder from the authorities of who is also part of their public. I'd even say they started targeting those from the very first years, even with a very confidential audience at the time.

Anything can be done on whatever video platform if they want to after all it is only a matter of using the video flux.
    Also since you like to think those off shot cams are a novelty, the truth is more that they lost a TV show which was doing this from time to time. (and are still loosing screentime).

9. GATX105

GATX105 Member

Not sure if there's enough market and people outside of seoul to support a multi-city tour. Maybe a tour of different asian countries would be something we can look forward to (although in a sense they're already doing this to some extent).
    And I think because they're very successful right now, it's easy to overlook that they're still a very new group --- concerts and especially concert tours are for more established/more popular groups. Let's give them more time.

Have a dumb question: why is chaewon referred to ssam? And also yuri yul. Thanks in advance.
    Been curious about these lol.

10. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Yul is short for Yuri. Her name is spelled 유리 (yu-ri). It consists of the letters
    • ㅇ (silent)
    • ㅠ (yu)
    • ㄹ (l/r)
    • ㅣ (i)
    Hangul is written in syllables. If you remove the 'i' from Yuri, you have a one-syllable word that is then spelled 율 – see how the ㄹ moved to the bottom of the yu-syllable instead of starting a new syllable? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've noticed that when ㄹ is at the end of a syllable, it's often pronounced as L, and if it's at the beginning of a new syllable, it's pronounced R.

Tl;dr – Yul is simply short for Yuri.

As for Chaewon, it is derived from ssam-moo, which is a pickled radish dish. The other girls call her radish fairy, I'm not sure why, but that's that. Similarly, they also call Hitomi ppang (bread). (Incidentally, their ship name is SsamPpang).

__

Also!! They performed Buenos Aires yesterday/today (it was midnight).

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. welp

welp Next Girls

IZ*One charted on Nikkei Entertainment survey
    https://twitter.com/maiyanee/status/1134914150214361095
    17th place with 14.5% recognition and 10.9% interest. Very good for group not even fully 1 year old, right?

Definitely, AKS will love to get more female/younger fans for AKB.

AKB's members will disagree. To them, AKB, just like J-pop female idols in general, has always emphasized on ojisan market. K-pop girl groups also has just shifted to be more female fan focused in last 4-5 years. You can hear Black Pink said "Oppa" in their debut song but now they sang "Let's kill this love".

AKB is not the only group losing tv exposure but not everyone switches to internet, especially J-pop. K-pop definitely is the world's leader in term of internet marketing.

I believe it's more of ticket price. If I remember correctly, the concert ticket to the concert a popular idol group in Korea is like 35 USD. Meanwhile, the ticket for its oversea concert ranges from 50 - 200 USD.

Yuri > Yul is the Korean fashion to make short name. Kwon Yuri of SNSD also is often called Yul. (TMI- Yuri means glass.)

Just like the Japanese, the Korean doesn't really pronounce "r" as "r" meaning they pronounce "right" as "light".

Hitomi is called Bbangtomi 'coz she said she loved bread that she could forever eat bread in stead of rice. Perhaps, also partly because the Korean finds her looking alike bread dough.

12. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    But as far as I noticed, they still differentiate more than Japanese. For example, Seolleongtang (a Korean dish) is pronounced with a pretty clear L and Yuri is pronounced with a pretty clear R. Obviously it's a different R from the English one, but after taking a quick look at the IPA chart, there are 8 different ways of pronouncing an R (r (Spanish), ɾ, (Japanese, Korean), ɹ (English), ʁ (German), ʀ, ɻ, ɽ, ɺ) (with some examples I personally know) so I wouldn't go as far as to say "Korean doesn't really pronounce r as r" since there are so many different ways to pronounce it and neither is technically incorrect.

I would also argue that the Japanese pronounce R just fine. It's the L that is often missing (which leads to a katakana transcription of collection being written as コレクション and possibly misunderstood as correction).

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

better listen to this than starting another weird conversation here :^^;: https://www.vlive.tv/video/132421?channelCode=C1B7AF
    they are back together with F9 in korea atm
    https://twitter.com/seoyeon/status/1135659006372896768

IZ*ONE at the airport, they were able to meet their sister group Fromis_9 and give them support for 'Fun Factory' album before going back to japan again makes fans from both gg happy

as usual, lot of fans are try giving them presents:) glad to see that there are many people and fans welcoming them each time they're at the airport

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  14. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    All of the girls are in Mnet's Top 100 Female Idol Dancers list. Chaeyeon was in the lead earlier today, but BLACKPINK's Lisa overtook her now. Maybe throw in a vote for Chaeyeon if you haven't yet
    • 53: Kang Hyewon
    • 49: Yabuki Nako
    • 44: Kim Chaewon
    • 37: Kim Minju
    • 36: Jo Yuri
    • 34: Honda Hitomi
    • 33: Jang Wonyoung
    • 27: Choi Yena
    • 26: Ahn Yujin
    • 25: Miyawaki Sakura
    • 18: Kwon Eunbi
    • 2: Lee Chaeyeon

15. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

Even if it is true, it is not through Iz*One. Why? My reason is my statement that you quote.

16. welp

welp Next Girls

Hopefully, OTR family will grow and the new group will debut by the end of this year. Some of them have been waiting so so long.

Were those photographers on stools Korean fansite masters or, the Japanese has learnt from the Korean?

Neither I said so. I said AKS was learning through IZ*One how to attract new groups of fans, not that they planned to use IZ*one to convert K-pop fans to AKB48.

17. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

ENOZI CAM EP 29:^O^:

• Like Like x 3
  18. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

But, Iz*One attract KPop fan. Therefore, if AKS was learning through IZ*One how to attract new groups of fans, AKS was learning through IZ*One how to attract the group that attract to Iz*One. Since the group that attract to Iz*One is KPop fan, hence AKS was learning through IZ*One how to attract KPop fan.

19. terpcity1999

terpcity1999 Kenkyuusei

Chaewon got the nickname pickled radish fairy from the concept evaluations in PD48. Her light green, poofy dress sparked the term in the online communities, and it somehow stuck.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

https://www.izone-official.com/news/30they are doing activity in japan till late september? is this means that they are planning to do korea cb on their group anniversary date, a same date as La vie en Rose

• Creative Creative x 1