1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Nogizaka46 23rd [Sing Out!] (2019/05/29)

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Mar 31, 2019.

1. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    To me it really seems they tried to pull a "Koi suru fortune cookie" for Nogizaka and having an iconic song with this "happy clap" thing. But it failed.

It reminds me of when they did the most to try to make Influencer a hit with that "boom boom boom influencer" and the Himura performance, but I really don't see it following these steps.

My favourite Nogizaka songs are the ones more classy, elegant, less blatant and not that "try-hard", but still beautiful.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    • Dislike x 5
    • Agree x 4
    • Disagree x 4
    • Winner x 2
    • Old x 2
    • Like x 1
  2. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Some sounds and that 'latino? "" guitar again.. Guitar was good... But... If that listening some times., begin really think at litle too much hand clap.. Maybe more guitar that latino style but not Rock like..

Rock guitar is nof that like...

Same musician than influencer?

3. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    It "failed"? What? lol

• Creative Creative x 1
  4. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    It did. The general public is not going to care at all about this cheesy clap song. They really tried to create that kind of song that everybody would sing and clap along but nobody cares cause truth is that it feels cringey. It will be only driven by handshake sales and it seems they have to work harder for that too since it seems it's struggling a bit comparing to last singles.

• Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  5. CrssA

CrssA Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    duh pls, stop bulshitting and trying so hard to be edgy here.

KFC was fucking 6 years ago. when theres no competition between idol groups. its not the song was bop FYI , but HOW the story behind the song which theres a lot of it make the song being remarkable.

you could swap KFC with mediocre thing like Teacher-Teacher and it still go well.

stop being so critical and make yourself more like an idiot rather than a smarty ass person.

365nichi , Sayonara no Imi , Influencer , Silent Majority , Fukyuwaon , Synchronicity were big on their own era. is it hype as well ? yes it is. was it touching near KFC or heavy rotation hype ? no.

because idol industry are saturated these days. no matter how good the songs you’ll pulling out, its only on a matter of small time that another group will have another good song with different concept which killing the other songs.

2013, almost entire mainstream idol fandom were into AKB, whatever they pull atm, it will be good.

while this days its being separated into tons of 48-46 franchises.

everyone’s know, there will be no more an iconic idol song anymore on this saturated industries.

if you’re thinking anyone could make, youre just delusional and denial. and i know sony wouldnt think like that.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    I actually compared it to "Koi Suru" cause they tried to do a similar thing. Making this song the happy song everybody would dance along, sing at karaoke etc. I mean, they even copied the "kokoro no placard messages" thing for the single campaign, the single which was already a "let's try to repeat what we did with Koi Suru".
    It's just that they didn't succeed cause the song isn't good, too cheesy and the public isn't responding at all and caring about it. What's wrong saying that when it's so blatant?

I guess you don't even understand what I talk about cause you pull out of the speech Silent Majority and other 46 songs. Actually, these songs were really popular and they reached their purpose. The point is not that they didn't reach "Koi Suru" popularity level as you're trying to say. Simply, they didn't try to replicate a certain purpose without succeeding. That's what I feel about "Sing Out!", instead.

I don't even get your attacks to me. I am acting as myself, sorry if you don't like it but that's me and my thoughs and I'll remain myself and will continue to say what I feel, like it or not.

• Dislike Dislike x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

I don't see this song as a dance-along song or a sing-along song. Its not reminiscent of Koi Suru at all.

I don't think that's what they were going for.

I feel like you just pulled that theory out of nowhere.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. CrssA

CrssA Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    nah you’re just playing with your words and trying to outsmarted users here. but unfortunately you make yourself more dumb.

everyone dance along , sing along in karaoke ? did you even live in japan and know what they sing in karaoke ? nah i guess you’re just came with some random shit survey from another japanesse web which being translated by google translated.

lemme tell you 1 things, all the songs which we’re talking about are on the same tier but different tier with KFC.

why KFC so different from the rest ? ive explain it before.

why kokoro no placard were fail ? because its outdated. the hype of those 2 SSK are different. and its not a place to talk why its was different

yeah i dont need to attack you tho. all of us know here how faek fans and idiots are you lol.

relax, ive just give you some insight. if you want telling unpopular opinion its doesnt matter, FYI ive lot of unpopular opinions too which i rarely shared on stages.

but at least dont came out of nowhere and being nonsense. because its sounds stupid and you’ll prolly just going to make some users confused.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Man, after watching the last segment of Nogichu last night, I fall in love with the song even more than before. Watching all kind of people smiling, dancing together along with the melody make my heart feel so warm. And this is why I love Nogi. "Cheesy"? So what? They don't need to try to be edgy to move the heart of others. And as long as it makes people happy, I'm all for it!!!!

P/S: I wish this forum has this kind of feature where if you receive enough a certain amount of dislike/ disagree votes, you will be banned from posting in that specific thread.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    The clapping along is to me a blatant way to reach the general public who would clap along to this song. You don't like the "Koi suru" comparision? Ok. The point to me is that they tried a lot with this single to make it a national hit but failing at it at all. That's what I think, I don't understand why it makes you so nervous and makes you calling me dumb, 'edgy tryhard' but then saying you're not attacking me (lol).

And yeah, I know really well Koi Suru is such a HUGE song in Japan that everybody knows, that topped the karaoke yearly rankings etc. What's the point on pretending like I don't know what I'm talking about?

I explained what's for me the problem with "Sing out!" but you're still talking about other hits.

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    It's been out 5 days and is about to reach a million sales even though its HS events are a season away (the kansai event hasn't even been announced yet) and they just released an album which still has events running. Plus a lot of other stuff.

KFC did a viral campaign by making the song ridiculously easy to dance and by having the members give dance instructions while performing on TV and taught the song to Tamori-san and Sanma-san

Sing-out is totally the same because it's a happy song and there's claps?
    I actually can't even imagine a metric you're using to (1) compare them and (2) say that Sing Out somehow "failed"? What did they fail exactly?

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
  12. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    Failing to make a song that will reach the general public that will voluntarily (and not for single campaigns lol) sing, clap and dance along. A hit song that will reach the japanese people on their daily lifes.
    You think otherwise? Ok, but I think is a bit delusional to think that this single will be a GP hit.
    They even called the same people of Influencer and Synchronicity, JRA winners, for this song... So it's blatant just that that they wanted to do the most for this single.

It's not a problem to have a happy cheesy song, but the song has to be good and enjoyable. I think "Sing Out!" isn't, and clapping and singing to it, gives you more "cringe" than happiness.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    So the song failed because to make you happy.
    That's a valid opinion to have but I think the rest is very reaching.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. diki

diki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitagawaryoha
    You can say what you want to say..
    The fact is with so many popular member graduated, it will be another million seller.. with a crazy short lead time after 4th album.

They are far from failed.
    Too many numbers to show the are #1.

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    Sing Out is a song to welcome the Reiwa era. From what I see, the Japanese people response toward this era has been a positive one. With the olympics happening next year, no wonder that Nogi is publishing a happy-go-lucky so like Sing Out. I do agree that the marketing effort for this song could've been done better. Synchronicity was really good with the tie-up with Haruyama and especially with the Synchronized concert that's quite groundbreaking.

23rd single's concert doesn't have a gimmicky concept like Jikochuu and Synchronicity so it's a bit of let down imo. Maybe they'll do it for the Manatsu Zenkoku concert?

Sing Out's hit campaign for me is alike to Love Trip and then I also realised as posted here, also has reminiscence to Kokoro no Placard.

Let's assume we can rewind back time and remarket Sing Out, what could've been done better?

Albeit I believe Nogi management still has lots of marketing trump cards behind them. It's a good song. Not everyone's fav, but a good song.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. warubii

warubii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    Twitter:
    warubii666
    I like to listen to gospel. I’m a gospel hearer, I like to hear words of meaning and sweet melodies... and Sing Out! is just that.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. halcyon

halcyon Next Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Shibata Yuna
    Twitter:
    halcyon46G
    The original MV the girls made during the Nogichuu promotion campaign around the country has been released.

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Seems it's geo-blocked :glare:

19. halcyon

halcyon Next Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Shibata Yuna
    Twitter: