1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

it's a road to success, as a fans, i'm always concerns about their situation, like matters writen by some article like this https://aminoapps.com/c/k-pop/page/...-actually-earn/DYIP_um583w437LdEL88XRjQjR3b8L but looking at izone album sales physical and digital, tickets from solo concert, invitation concert abroad, and other gigs and merchandise sales, pretty sure they are free from debt now or maybe soon, cuz they are selling like 10x more than the gg idol mention on the article, and they haven't been 8 month old:^^;:

only eunbi and chaeyeon taking longest period as a trainee in their agency among the rest of kline members, if their own agency had debt system, having a great momentum like this will help them getting rid their debt faster and can start earning real money for them self:)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ShulQ

ShulQ Kenkyuusei

So curious (Chaewon focus)

if the video does not show watch the video here

Highlight

Rumor (full ver.)

• Like Like x 1
  3. lolipopo

lolipopo Kenkyuusei

Miss Sakura did not come to play

• Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Zerase

Zerase Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Another benefit of following a K-pop group: their management doesn't feed off their fans by selling DVD/BD of their concert so we can enjoy watching them several hours after the concert ended.

La Vie en Rose Remix ver.

You've fallen, right?

Suki to Iwasetai

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Nomnom

Nomnom Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitagawaryoha
    Actually they have dvd section tent outside the venue, i remember someone mention it in other forum :^^;:, so get your wallet ready again wizone [hehe]
    They learn from the best in field : aks

• Like Like x 1
  7. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

Hyewon on legendary MLT tv show B4:rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  8. welp

welp Next Girls

Fancams
    Ayayaya

So Curious

Violeta

This angle is good that we can better see the complicated blocking. Also, Nako's (lack of) height was not very noticeable.
    Individual member fancams
    Minju - Ayayaya

Wonyoung - Highlight

The one drawing Japanese K-pop fans to IZ*One is OTR, not AKS. AKS' contribution is drawing J-pop fans to IZ*One. But, since the latter is minority, IZ*One would still do fine albeit not this fine without AKS.

I guess Akimoto attempted to emulate K-pop structure. Rap, high note ad lib and electronic music are signature features of K-pop. Yes, not every single popular K-pop song consists of those but, those are definitely K-pop fans think of about what most K-pop songs have in common.

Do you notice that the Korean tends to save at least 1 good vocalist for the final line up.

I think IZ*One is in a better condition. Members get a few days break now and then.

Chaeyeon was trained for a very long time but, she switched to WM less than 2 years before Produce, didn't she? Also, Eunbi was in Woollim for just slightly over 3 years before the show. If I understand right, trainees can leave free of debt if they don't leave before contract expiration.

I don't think the article is fully trustworthy. There is rumor that S.M. imposes training debt on idols. They are rumors that the training at JYP and YG's isn't completely free.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

I think you are started to shift the argument started from attracting the target market of Iz*One (Japanese KPop fan) to AKB48 into attracting target market of AKB48 (JPop fan) to Iz*One.

Anyway, AKS contribution is managing Iz*One when they are doing the promotion in Japan which their target market is Japanese KPop fan right from the start.

10. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

@welp Debt system not a new news nor rumor, it's exist, the article is just a sample, certain agency do have use debt system, it can be confirmed by an artist them self, just recently, former wanna one also currently AB6IX‘s members, Daehwi appeared on Radio Star with his agency’s CEO, Rhymer of Brand New Music, talk and explains about this, http://kshow123.net/show/radio-star/episode-625.html , not just them, you can search others group too

and sorry for stating 'only eunbi and chaeyeon taking longest period as a trainee in their agency' on earlier post, a mistake, i think, yena is the longest trainee within the kline (under their current agency), more than 3 years since 2015;), but no one knows if izone kline agency had that system or not, (which most likely that they had that system too), is not just 'leave before contract expiration', there several others conditions too, Even if their debt exist, it should not be too much, their time as trainee under their current agency aren't long, and the debt may have been paid off now by seeing izone sales rate

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    not sure if it's been posted yet (i didnt see it) but this is the full setlist for yesterday's concert

1. Hey Bae Like It
    2. O' My!
    3. We Together
    4. Neko ni Naritai (Korean ver.)
    5. Gokigen Sayonara (Korean ver.)
    6. Airplane
    7. VCR
    8. Yume wo Miteiru Aida (Korean ver.)
    9. Really Like You
    10. Colors
    11. MC
    12. To Reach You
    13. Rollin' Rollin'
    14. I AM
    15. Nekkoya (Korean ver.)
    16. VCR
    17. (NEW) So Curious
    18. (NEW) AYAYAYA
    19. MC
    20. Suki to Iwasetai
    21. Suki ni Nacchaudarou?
    22. VCR
    23. Highlight
    24. La Vie en Rose (Remix)
    25. Rumour
    26. MC
    27. Violeta (Remix)
    28. VCR
    29. Memory
    30. MC
    31. Up (Remix)
    credit to @kkuchaens on twitter

• Like Like x 1
  13. Zerase

Zerase Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Sakura's mom and Eunbi's dad are at the concert today

14. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Thanks to anyway... To that...
    Hmm... Haha ha... Well, it not your message, i get maybe not so fun idea...

15. welp

welp Next Girls

Fancams
    Eunbi
    Rumor

Ayayaya

Minju - As We Dream

Wonyoung
    I Am

So Curious

It's said Takahashi Juri was spotted among audiences of Eyes On Me.

No. AKS can do both at the same time. For example, BNK got invited to perform next to AKB in Kouhaku definitely was a big promotion for BNK yet, that also was AKS' promotion of 48 franchise success.

Universal is IZ*One's Japanese label. So, even without AKS, IZ*One get some media exposure in Japan anyway.

The article stated S.M. did not impose training debt on idols which I was skeptical of.

Considering how common the debt system is practiced, I'll be surprised if it is not levied on all of Korean members (but Hyewon who said she had been through no training).

Many times, idols seem to never be able to clear their training debts as promotion costs keeps stacking upon the training debts. Yet, many times, the debt is never cleared because the agency under-declares the income.

Yes, likely, Yena was a longest trainee to the current agency. (She is a trainee no more.)

Based on the profit distribution of Wanna One, I think Korean members get paid right from OTR. The number may be not accurate but, the profit distribution went like this Mnet - 50%, members' agencies - 25%, members - 25%. The training debt should be deducted off the profit paid to the agency and the 25% goes straight to members' pockets.

A WJSN said that, after Yeonjung completed her I.O.I contract, she used her saving to clear the remaining training debt of all other 12 fellow members. I.O.I must sell much less to IZ*One due to the absence of Japanese activities and lower physical sale.

• Informative Informative x 2
  16. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    But still K-idol agency have to sell DVD/BD concert to gain more money -although not so much like JE Idols Jpop's. Even nowadays they "sell" full concert @ VLIVE+ (of course you need to pay that).

Of course I know about that but, hey, I'm talking about good "full-time" rapper in Produce's final group.

Speaking about whetever AKS is involved in IZ*ONE's Japan activities or not, go compare IZ*ONE's HT ticketing system with 48G's HS ticketing system :fear:

17. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Debt system is a survival tactic for small/ mid side companies. B/c it costs a huge amount of money to debut an idol group, and even if they manage to debut a group, there is no guarantee that their artists will become famous. They also don’t have much profit from other artists in the same company so without that debt system, they will all go bankrupt extreme fast. Of course, some huge companies don’t have this system b/c of their strong financial health (their artists actually start earning money right at the moment they debut). That’s why even though every now and then, there are some scandals about big companies treated their artists badly, everyone still wants to become a trainee of a big company.

I mean aside from having a lot of benefits (better work environment, better training system, better change to become famous, etc...), being treated badly by a big company just mean that they have a lot of works to do, therefore more money and fame. It’s still way better then debut in a group under a small company, and then disband a few years later without earning anything, along with having a huge debt.

https://www.allkpop.com/article/201...ze-the-staggering-cost-to-debut-an-idol-group

18. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    If anyone can find a video of them performing To Reach You, I'd be hugely grateful for that :cute: It is, by far, my most favourite Produce 48 song and I can't find a single recording of it :(

Also, I noticed that 1000% is the only PD48 song they didn't perform (the setlist was the same today as yesterday). Chaeyeon and Minjoo were part of the 1000% team, so it's not like none of the girls know how to perform the song. Quite a shame (but I'm glad they performed TRY anyway, even if I can't find videos of it)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

It is not about what AKS can do. It is more of what AKS want to do. Iz*One is KPop group targeted to KPop fan right from the start. Hence there is no issue of attracting JPop fan while at the same time there are no significant change (you might quote there and there but it is pretty much like watching ProduceX101. Yes there are change with runaway, X things and other thing but in general is this season bring something new and fresh to Produce franchise? Pretty much not) right now in AKB48 that they are trying to attract the crowd that attract to Iz*One.

I am not talking about media exposure. I am talking about AKS contribution which is to manage Iz*One when they are in Japan.

20. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019