1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Hinatazaka46 2nd [Doremisolasido] (2019/07/17)

Discussion in 'Hinatazaka46 News and Releases' started by blindastaroth, May 31, 2019.

1. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I'm not sure about a complete translation, but I'll try this. Across the top are the six handshake dates: at Pacifico Yokohama (twice), Aichi Sky Expo, Kyoto Pulse Plaza, Pacifico again, and Tokyo Ryutsu Center:

[​IMG]

The names in order:
    Miku, Mirei, Nibu, Konoka, Miho (24 lanes sold-out of 24 lanes assigned)
    Mei (23/24)
    Hinano (22/24)
    Kyouko (21/24)
    Hina, Manamo (20/24)
    Katoshi, Nao (17/24)
    Sarina (12/24)
    Suzuka (11/24)
    Ayaka (9/24)
    Kumi (5/24)
    Mao, Mana, Hiyori (0/24)

I think there must be some special reason that Nao and Katoshi are only at 17/24 but I don't know what it is. Maybe missing slots for a runway show? If there is no particular reason, it suggests that the group is free to experiment with centres. This table shows the 1gens in the top half and the 2gens in the bottom half:

[​IMG]

This is where I expected the talent, beauty and push of the 2gens to get them. It has taken two years, but they are now fully taking over: the 2gens sold 76% of their slots, the 1gens 51% (and Hinano 92%). Even adding a sold-out Memi, the 1gens would only be at 56%.

Konoka's sell-out made her cry. It surprised and pleased me. She has been rising. And I think Hiyo-tan's big, fat zero will be a distant memory in a year or two, when she is a top model and one of the faces of the group.

Good points, of course, but it was some other quality that struck me, not just "cute." "Cute" is exactly what Memi thought she wanted to do. Maybe she found the reality a bit much. Or maybe the "full-on genki vibe" (@charm) and the intensity of the constant smiling got her down; she has only learned how to smile on cue in the past year or so. There are photos of her smiling in concert this year that gain praise but that look totally forced to me. And Memi at first did not want to do burikko (said in a skit proposal she made that did not get accepted) but later got into it. Fortunately, she found a way to do it that did not make her seem to be in an inferior position, like a normal burikko. But if she is dissatisfied, the success of the 2gens over the 1gens might contribute to it. This is not the comfortable old Hiragana, led by the 1gens, but the splashy new Hinata, with a lot of prominent 2gens. She has said she understands the benefits of the name-change, and the necessity of moving forward, but still would have been happy continuing as Hiragana. That may have been because of more than just the name.

Have you asked this question in Nogi or Keyaki threads? Handshake is the foundation of Aki-P's fortune, lol. I wonder what percentage difference not having it would make. There have been suggestions that it should be dropped, because of the bad apples in the crowd, but I can't see that happening. If there are 300 guests in a handshake lane (?) then the total number of disks bought to get handshake places here would be 89,500. But I expect the total sales effect would be larger than that.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Trying to be back in shape for updating stuff.
    =====
    Hinatazaka46's 2nd single (Doremisolasido) 1st round HS sales result

rank. (prev. rank.) sold slots/total slots (+change) member name
    hina2-1.png
    01. (00.) 24/24 (+24) Kanemura Miku (1st round sold out!)
    01. (00.) 24/24 (+24) Sasaki Mirei (1st round sold out!)
    01. (00.) 24/24 (+24) Nibu Akari (1st round sold out!)
    01. (00.) 24/24 (+24) Matsuda Konoka (1st round sold out!)
    01. (00.) 24/24 (+24) Watanabe Miho (1st round sold out!)
    06. (00.) 23/24 (+23) Higashimura Mei
    07. (00.) 22/24 (+22) Kamimura Hinano
    08. (00.) 21/24 (+21) Saito Kyoko
    09. (00.) 20/24 (+20) Kawata Hina
    09. (00.) 20/24 (+20) Miyata Manamo
    11. (00.) 17/24 (+17) Kato Shiho
    11. (00.) 17/24 (+17) Kosaka Nao
    13. (00.) 12/24 (+12) Ushio Sarina
    14. (00.) 11/24 (+11) Tomita Suzuka
    15. (00.) 09/24 (+09) Takamoto Ayaka
    16. (00.) 05/24 (+05) Sasaki Kumi
    00. (00.) 00/24 (+00) Hamagishi Hiyori
    00. (00.) 00/24 (+00) Takase Mana
    00. (00.) 00/24 (+00) Iguchi Mao
    Total: 297/456 (+297 since 0th round) [65.1%]
    1st Gen: 111/216 (+111) [51.4%]
    2nd Gen: 164/216 (+164) [75.9%]
    3rd Gen: 22/24 (+22) [91.7%]
    264/456 (+33) last single (increase/decrease over 1st single 1st round)

NB: Looking at source tweet following after this sheet, aside from obvious Memi/Kage non-participation, there's some report about fans not-winning slot for members whom not sold-out yet, raising old question of how the lottery in early round actually goes by. So take this with grain of salt. For now.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  3. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

@EinhanderX -- Thanks for coming back to this! And thanks for the thoughts on Nao-Toshi. I can imagine the staff holding events back so applicants in later rounds can get some Nao or Toshi, but there would certainly be push-back against this. Thanks for the info.

@ruggermcphee -- I think Memi's glomming onto people physically and the burikko stuff are separate things, the first herself, the second her acting. But she certainly winked and so on even in her first auditions (when asked, and with embarrassment, lol). A person can change quite a bit between age 14 and age 17/18, of course.

4. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    You need to stop assuming stuff about Memi like her nonexistent distaste about 2nd gens popularity and her apparently non genki personality. Its becoming overbearing.

2nd gen aren’t overtaking 1st gens because the members who seem unpopular in comparison have been like that from the start so it’s not a 2nd gen impact. Moreover the “unpopular” 1st gens are improving I.e. Manafi.

I’m taking the first round sell outs definitely with a pinch of salt but it’s still a good indication of popularity (to a certain extent) for management to use when deciding row placements and centre.

About the formation for this single that I forgot to mention earlier; I hope they bring back Katoshi & Kyoko as flanks for whoever the centre may be.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. kazu55

kazu55 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    wakatsukiyumi
    Twitter:
    MacRedmoon
    Yes for sure. But maybe it was just because not everyone couldn't decorated their words pretty enough.... As I say, it's subjective

6. Tanoichan

Tanoichan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Harada Aoi
    It's true. I agree with you:chuffed:

7. Hamasaki90

Hamasaki90 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    Well it is not easy to answer. I could argue the discrepancy between the sale with and without HS would not be that huge (estimate +/- 100k), mainly because they have very dedicated fans and they are quite popular too. The only disincentive why fans won't buy mostly because they are saving for events that allow them to meet their oshi directly (e.g. concert). My other argument is it could be half of the sales (so, probably around 300k). Hinata sold an estimate of 275k CDs from IHS (source: Muranokuma), idk how many they sold from NHS. If it is song quality per se, I would say 100k CDs or 200k downloads are the best estimate.

8. cvbm

cvbm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    P see
    A

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk

9. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Actually, I did. When they discussed a lot whether Keyaki is Idol or more musician/artist, I asked whether they still need HS and doing all of those Idol activities, and rely more on their music. Many disagree with me and some even call me f*cking crazy. :^^;:

I'm just curious, you know. Some users on several pages back said that the song isn't good, it doesn't match their taste, it's low quality, etc, etc. So, if Hinata really doesn't use HS and only use their music for their physical and digital sale, assuming these fans won't buy the CD, how it will affect their CD sale. But, I also agree with you, that Idol, especially Sakamichi Idol, doesn't use only their music as their main selling point. A blog owner who wrote a lot about Idol also told me about that. And, I remember one of Keya fans here said that even though he/she think one of the Keya's release was meh, he/she kept buying their CD for HS ticket. So, the conclusion is HS is an important factor in sale for Idol group.

It will be easier to calculate if we just can take the HS result multiplied by the estimated CD bought for each slot, out of the total sales. But, the result of that subtraction also can't display the real numbers of CD sale without HS, because I believe among those numbers, there are many people that didn't win the HS ticket. So, we go back to the main purpose they bought the CD. Was it for music or HS ticket? :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    Wow all of the girls look so cute.

The crime in this song is that the melody is not even doremi + solashido. It's doremi + dosolmire. I checked the notes personally. Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

@MasToppu -- Thanks for passing on what Keyaki fans said (did you ask Nogi fans, too?). Wasn't handshake a big debate when it came in? I think even today lots of people think the handshake way is cheating, inflating sales numbers unfairly. One thing: aren't you charged only when you succeed in getting a ticket? I've never done it, so I don't know, but that's what I understood: that for individual handshake a big spender would order 50 slots, but get only 30 or so and pay for those (i.e., buy one disk per slot). So I was counting the total number of lanes sold and multiplying by how many people fill a lane. If you only get ten seconds or less with the idol, say double that for to-ing and fro-ing, then that would be three a minute, over 90 minutes makes 270 (I believe the idol shakes hands for 90 minutes, rests for 30 minutes, then does it again, unless they want to go longer). I recall someone estimating how many guests in a lane, but I don't remember the number. Anyway, one disk per ticket...unless I'm mistaken, which is possible. But I also figure that buying handshake-ticket disks might get you in the mood to buy other disks or goods, etc.

I remember a wise voice here saying something like: "If you're not in this for the girls, you're not doing it right." That says that the idols count more than the music. And shaking hands with one would be a big plus.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

Going back to the topic of the choreography.

I was thinking about it today, and I feel like "weird, sort of awkward, but still cute" choreography is kind of Hinata's signature. The Kyun choreo was the same way, with the sticking the foot out and moving it back and forth.
    And this isn't a Hinata "new direction" thing, its pretty much always been that way. Going back to Kitai Shitenai Jibun with Miipan runing around in circles while the other members shake around. And then going back to Soredemo Aruiteru and that whole thing was like WTF.
    But I still loved it though. Hinata has a couple good dancers like Meimei but overall they're not that great. And I've come to really enjoy their cute, bouncy, slightly out of sync dancing. I think it suits them and I hope to see more of it.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Tanoichan

Tanoichan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Harada Aoi
    That's right, hs sales are for sure important. But as ruggermcphee said, there are people who like to collect photocards or the singles even when they can't apply for hs.
    I would say that having different types(a,b,c,d and regular) with different songs and bonus videos is something too. For ex: I like all the songs and bonus of Kyun so I bought all editions(I have seen people doing this) or like it happened with Kuroi hitsuji: it has Keyaki house but it's divided into 3 different editions so you have to buy the 3 types to see it complete.
    It's really interesting to ask how sales would be without hs sales:huh:
    As someone who can't apply for hs[hehe] I buy the singles to collect them and the photocards too.

• Like Like x 2
  14. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Almost think this should’ve been the A-side. It’s so good.

16. blindastaroth

blindastaroth Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kodama Haruka
    Twitter:
    BlindAstaroth
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  17. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    Morning Musume <3

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Remylittlechef

Remylittlechef Kenkyuusei

btw I always like the choreography when they lined up, it's really appealing as a group that their height difference is almost equal.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The recent songs had this kind of choreo, whether it's the line of one or two row.
    in Joyful love MV they lined up based on their height, whether it's camera trick or optical illusion we almost can't see any difference of their height.
    [​IMG]
    Their current body height :
    167cm Sasaki Kumi
    166cm Hamagishi Hiyori
    164cm Sasaki Mirei
    164cm Tomita Suzuka
    163cm Iguchi Mao
    162cm Takamoto Ayaka
    162cm Kanemura Miku
    161cm Kosaka Nao
    161cm Kamimura Hinano
    160cm Kato Shiho
    158cm Miyata Manamo
    158cm Watanabe Miho
    157cm Ushio Sarina
    157cm Kakizaki Memi
    157cm Takase Mana
    157cm Matsuda Konoka
    156cm Nibu Akari
    156cm Kageyama Yuka (It seems that her height is slightly taller than this)
    154cm Saito Kyoko
    153cm Kawata Hina
    153cm Higashimura Mei

Yakusoku no Tamago
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    When in their live MC session you'll know the tallest girl, she's the one who's going to speak up (Sasaki Kumi)
    I hope for the upcoming song they will come up with another lined up choreography, with some cute and creative dance moves too.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Rev4

Rev4 Member

More colourful sound than before. There is a good contrast with this single and what they released in Feb as Hiragana Keyaki. Change is good for the group and it will only make them even more popular by having its own sound. Will they do a slower song for fall?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Remylittlechef

Remylittlechef Kenkyuusei

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 14