1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The MNL48 Thread

Discussion in 'General MNL48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. chimew9

chimew9 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    It seems Thea is taking the sudden change of events quite hard. Hang in there Thea.

3. mugi.quickmelt

mugi.quickmelt Kenkyuusei

Today is Sayaka's graduation concert

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Tapatalk

4. welp

welp Next Girls

Is it true that ABS-CBN will be shut down by 2020 as it picked on Mr. President consistently?

HHE failed to emulate then. 2 big different points (I have listed) are
    - BNK's one has its members wearing casual wears most of the time.
    - BNK's one has the theme for each episode told to members 1 or 2 day in advance thus, members prepare some contents to talk beforehand.
    Also, the producer puts into consideration the chemistry/dynamics between members to participate each episode.
    Yet, BNK's streaming has been criticized by fans of repetitive themes/contents. I prefer SGO's direction better. They don't have a specific space to do streaming but keep changing and the atmosphere/theme keep changing accordingly. BNK's fans are excited whenever members live stream outside of the studio (as they have been bored of the regular setting).

I can't understand this project. Pinay girls playing Japanese in Japanese film? If I were Japanese, I ain't gonna see this. It must be obvious to the Japanese eyes and ears these girls are not Japanese.

5. chimew9

chimew9 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Visually, their looks can pass as Japanese. I had Japanese classmates and I observed how diverse their looks are.

My concern is their accent (except for Kay lol). Will it not sound awkward for the Japanese? (Unless they get a Japanese dubber).

If Abby is the main cast, won’t the Japanese criticize the film for not picking Japanese actors?

In my opinion it would be easier to pick Faith as one of the cast. She isn’t bad in acting and she is good in Japanese.

Coco, I believe, will be good in imitating the accent.

Brei and Abby’s accent (especially Abby) will be a challenge IMO

6. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura

Never struck up either Brei and Abby to have any Nihonggo skills.

And I am a Brei Cultist.

Wanna see a trailer or even a... Whatchamacallit Acting Demos.

7. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    The producers hopefully know what they are doing. Maybe the role requires someone with a non Japanese accent? I don't know, I have no idea about the manga.

8. welp

welp Next Girls

Even if their faces can pass off (which to me they can't), their mannerisms surely can't. The Japanese criticized when Zhang Ziyi and Gong Li starring in Memoirs of a Geisha as the Japanese had distinct gestures foreigners could hardly imitated. My sister went to an international college and her Japanese classmate said he could tell if a girl was a fellow Japanese by the way she walked.

A girl (Coleen?) said she would work hard on Japanese as the character she played was Japanese.

9. roze_street

roze_street Kenkyuusei

Please don't hate me but I question this movie project... It seems odd they cast non-Japanese actresses. Maybe this is an indie film? And the showing will be limited? Cos I know if this is a big project, legit actors and actresses will be cast.

10. chimew9

chimew9 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Eh they can surely pass as Japanese visual-wise. Even I was surprised how diverse Japanese looks are. I had a classmate whom I was sure to be half Pinay but she isn’t. There’s another one who looks like a Japanese mestiza who’s a pure Japanese. Plus due to globalization, ‘hafus’ looking young Japanese aren’t uncommon anymore. Just watching Japanese young variety programs shows this.

But I agree if there’s a give in, it will be their mannerism and their mouth gesture. I noticed how Japanese have this distinct way of speaking even when they’re using foreign language. Like they have this ‘pout-ish’ mouth gesture. I especially see it with MNL48 Kay.

11. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura

Shouldn't she be the Star then?

-----

Unless of course the movie people decide to take some creative liberties with the story then maybe Abby might make sense.

12. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Isn’t this going to be shown at an indie film festival here in the Philippines?

13. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura

Tldr this pls

14. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    I’ll just remove it, because the pettiness & immaturity is real :blink: Not from the user above asking for tldr, but whoever put dislike & old on it, like dafuq?

15. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    In case you haven't noticed yet, there are now forums for each of the teams as well as graduated members.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura

Was Eunice... Ever a member? I thought this Thread all agreed to never talk about her anymore

17. Helliezza

Helliezza Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    No she never was a member, even aria is not to be considered one, any applicants before the 1st gen elections are not considered members,

• Like Like x 1
  18. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    THANK YOU

Been waiting for that FOREVER lol

19. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    • Like Like x 1