1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    First, that's not a news article. It is just an analysis. And it was published 4 months ago.

It just says that if there were a SSK in 2020, it would be right in front of Olympic and there might be some problem with both venue and overall mood. On the other hand, 2021 SSK would be right after the IZ*ONE contract finished, so it would be very impactful. The mention is Sasshi is just regarding her comment that without SSK the single release timeline would change (which we kinda already know). There aren't anything further than this.

2. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

Talk about SSK, I have heard about Ogino Yuka fan voting machine or something during last year SSK. Can someone explain about that.

3. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  4. welp

welp Next Girls

When (short version of) Frustration came out, I anticipated how would the choreo look like on stage. After watching IZ*One on few Japanese music shows this week, I noticed SKE was no where to be seen. AKB, without new release, performing here and there but no presence of its sister groups. Do usually sister groups not get to perform on music shows?

So, everything you said was fact even if it's wrong. :rolleyes:

Lol. Wota is all talk but no action. To take action meaning they must stop supporting their faves. If fans turned their sentiments into actions, NMB must have died when its CEO snapped a photo with a big figure of Yamaguchi Gang or, after the court ruled its 3 year ban condition in the contract was unfair and illegal.

IZ*One's market too are Japanese and you can't single them out.

Fan behavior is irrational and has been ridiculed since forever. If they are obedient to public sentiment, they must not have adopted "otaku" culture.

Fans tend to exercise logic gymnastics to justify the support to their faves. And, to punish the agency will first blow onto the member.
    If you're a fan of NGT, will you
    1) cease your support to the group to punish AKS or,
    2) support the group even harder to show AKS there still is the demand for NGT so that the group won't be disbanded and your faves won't be laid off?
    If you can easily pick 1), you aren't a fan of the group.

I have no idea how MNLoves voted in second election, but, wasn't that was how the vote in first election went?

And, the where will the sale of online pre-order go to? Of course, it will be accumulated with the sale from off-line stores to sum up as total CD sale.

:rofl:Market is the activity/method to boost the sale of the business. Marketing business means the commercial service to help raise the sale of other companies. According to your definition, everything is internet business. If I open a pub and create a Facebook page so it's easier to contact me, according to your definition, the pub is "internet business".

You better take a business course.

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    It's tiring to explain the same thing over and over!

You are hinting there is no online shopping and voting.

You are supposing that there isn't allready a streaming platform.

and you didn't even read the link.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    I'll reply this, but don't wish to have long debate here

If you're talking about SG members @ AKB performance in Ongaku no Hi and The Music Day, the SG girls (sans Niigatan girls) appeared there.
    SKE: Jurina, Dasu
    NMB: Miru, Akarin (didn't appear @ The Music Day)
    HKT: Miku, you-know-who Hana
    STU: Yumirin

Buuuuut if you're talking about SG's performance @ TV recently, STU performed their new song @ Ongaku no Hi (and this NHK show).
    Usually SGs perform their new song @ AKB48SHOW, but since the show was cancelled so it's kinda harder to appear @ music show -especially Msta. Remember, the usual music show's broadcast length is 30-60 minutes and there's a LOT of popular singers (unlike music shows in certain country which has 1.5 - 2 hours broadcast time and 60% of the performers are idols).
    So, it's miracle when SGs appeared in Msta recently lol
    at least the SGs are not blacklisted by TV because of certain agency *cough*everyone's favorite agencyJohnny's*cough* :censored:

• Like Like x 2
  7. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
  8. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

^
    They also busy with rehearsal for their summer tour, some live in Nagoya festival, etc. Just scroll down the tweet.

Unfortunately, most of it is off-air. Or not nationally broadcasted. The mothership AKB really had it better :|
    Did I say Izone aren't catered to Japanese? It's different consumer market. The one outside 48G bubble. Unless you thought Izone wota is also....
    I don't judge your opinion about the wota, it's free real estate.
    Edit: Although if I can share mine, its more like "It's alright to cease your support once you lost attachment or feeling betrayed. At worst, I'll just laugh at how weak your conviction is. But, the moment I spotted you tried to persuade others to leave as well with additional spite at idol group you formerly cherished at.....I have to wonder, "Is that how you valued your past time as fans?"
    (This is not directed at you, just a general assessment toward fans behavior)

Otoh......Since when NMB has CEO?

And 3 years..... You sure your source said it right? Especially on 3 years?
    Because I remember it was less.

9. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

"Alternative facts"

10. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

11. Kiri

Kiri Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영
    New single with YuuNaa center onegai
    Or any other good news, i'll take anything at this point

12. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    No.

Got a Masters already. (Two of em actually, and a Bachelors.) I am good. :cool:

Nice moving of the goal posts, btw. :hmm:

• Winner Winner x 3
  13. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Just chirping in, actually the bulk of the million sales comes from that online pre-order sales (theater version) that also tied with HS ticket.
    Even the ones they sell at offline stores...mostly comes from the bulk buy of pre-order. Mainly bought for the photopack (there is a significant photopack trading market, even though the size relatively smaller than the HS ticket market), and also for the National HS ticket.

The context of "focusing more on online business" I believe they will have more (paid) contents exclusive to certain online platform. New ones or on the plethora of online services they already have? Dunno, we'll see. They already have, video on demand service, online video platform, mobile web contents, private mobile mail, multiple mobile games, shows for subscribtion/web-based tv, and many other paid online services.

Regarding the "wota is all talk", I will just say there will be always 2 sides of a coin. Depending on the size of the fandom, there will be others who are ready to take the place left vacant by those boycotting.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I wanted to say some things about AKB's situation and all the talks here lately. Since last year, I've been following AKB closely again and I pay attention to the general opinions on them in Japan, and while the NGT scandal did have a bad effect on 48G, but I personally don't think AKB is very affected or in a bad position, I think the AKB brand is actually doing well, and here's why I think that (this will be long btw).

Firstly I posted it here a while ago, but huge well known-newspapers included AKB in their Heisei era important figures (in both cases, it was Acchan's photo representing AKB and idols). No other idols but AKB! I think this was a big honor and a sign that AKB is actually quite respected and recognized even now. Same thing when shows made rankings related to Heisei, AKB's name always appeared. and in Music Station's regular rankings and surveys, AKB as a group or members (even if it's grads) get mentioned. Their presence is still quite strong and not associated to negativity or ignored.

Something else, on Youtube, this old medley performance of AKB gained millions and millions of views in the past months. It has now almost 18 million views(!), 82,000+ likes, 17,000+ comments. Now that's impressive... it's the old AKB, but it's "AKB", the name, the brand. Those comments are all in japanese, all recent (past weeks, past 3-4 months) and there are new comments like every hour. Everytime I translated some of them, it's full of positivity and nostalgia. Lots of love, lots of people saying that even if there are current more popular idol groups, AKB was really THE idol group. This AKB and the current AKB are both AKB... what I'm saying is that there is no hate or bad feeling for what's AKB-related, quite the opposite. We're speaking of millions of people and thousand of comments here...

if the video does not show watch the video here

Popular AKB or 48G graduates are also still doing well. There's positive reactions for all of them. Recently there was even a special sports competition show for AKB graduates, and not the popular ones, yet the show was a success and boost the popularity of a few girls. The Mc's were also not unknown. All of this is "AKB", it's related to them...

That was for the AKB brand and name. Now for the current AKB girls, we all know that they aren't as known as the golden era, but I keep an eye on the evolution of social media followers (which means a lot in current times where the whole world is on the internet) and not once did I see AKB girls (or sister groups that aren't NGT) losing followers. If you lose fans, if your image is ruined, wouldn't it show? NGT girls show decreases everyday, but nothing like this for other groups or any past or current AKB member. in fact, for the past 2 months, Moeka gained 12,000+ followers, Yuiyui and Naachan both 5000+, and every other AKB girl is increasing.

When AKB performed Majisuka Rock'n'Roll earlier this month, the video received 10k likes on Twitter. The only other performers who got this much were Arashi when they performed hits, and King&Prince with their hit Cinderella Girl. It means a lot that AKB new gens, less known, performing an old AKB song that is a classic but not really a huge hit, get as much love as big groups performing big hits. The reactions to that AKB live were great, people said they didn't know the girls but know the song and all Majisuka characters, asked who is who. Naachan got a good increase of popularity with that alone.

When AKB performed River a few days later, once again it had very good reactions, people loved it. Calling the song legendary, asking about the girls, praising lyrics etc. Yuiyui even posted lyrics along with her photo on Twitter which was a great idea. Random but on that day I was looking for a photo of Acchan on Twitter and I searched her name in japanese and the first related search was "River". Japanese people even searched for "Maeda Atsuko River" after seeing the live...

Generally everything I have seen about past or current AKB has been so positive, a lot of love and especially a lot of nostalgia, like from a huge amount of people. Almost a wish or desire from these people to see AKB do great again. They are people who don't know the names of current AKB but keep an eye on them and write positive comments... it means a lot tbh. I almost want to say AKB right now gets more love from non-fans than last year for example.

Now does AKB get hate? Yes they do, they always did. Did some fans leave in the first half of 2019? Yes that happened, although I think it's much less than what people think. But is AKB's image bad in Japan? No, quite the opposite from what I see... are there new people asking about the current members (= new fans)? Yes... is there interest for these girls? Yes. Do people who hate AKB before or now affect all of this? I think not.

We will see how AKB does from now, but while they did end a lot of programs and events, and had a long break, I don't think the group is in a crisis right now. They will be ok. I actually feel a lot of positivity. They finally get a new single, the senbatsu and first row are great both for fandom and public, they just need a good song and good promo and things will go well :chuffed: Let's see.

As expected this was long LOL I had to say it all :^^;:

• Like Like x 13
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

To put it in the context, Heisei Era is from 1989 until 2019. During those time period there is only 2 influential (social phenomenon level of influential) female idols group, Morning Musume and AKB48. Although the late period of Heisei Era marked by the rise of Sakamichi Series and the declining of AKB48, I don't think that it can be compared with AKB48 Golden Era. Hence, it is not surprising that AKB48 is the front runner which shape Heisei Era female idol.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Mana

Mana Under Girls

That's right, but what I mean is that the newspapers could have not included AKB or any idols at all. No one would have complained if idols were not on the list or illustrations. But they included Acchan (= AKB). Same with rankings on Tv, they could have excluded AKB in some things if the opinions on them are now too negative etc. But no, AKB were heavily mentioned and sometimes even with #1 rank (like presence in medias, in Music Station). I think all of this means that japanese medias have no problems with AKB and the name and brand is doing fine, in fact I think they are being treated quite well (by the public too, like what I explained on my post). :chuffed:

• Like Like x 2
  17. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    FNS Uta no Natsu Matsuri (07/24)

Full show
    1. https://www.bilibili.com/video/av60646346
    2. https://www.bilibili.com/video/av60646346/?p=2

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1153969359968014336/pu/vid/992x556/ssvWfs4354kT64fE.mp4
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1154009865741729792/pu/vid/992x556/lkk-Bt2xDlme0bWa.mp4
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1154010208311508992/pu/vid/992x556/euykHMVUvMuq4cM8.mp4

https://twitter.com/k3po6gouki/status/1153970063545786368
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1153969893374513152/pu/vid/1280x720/yDxhmFg_qAyr6MI3.mp4

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1153969359968014336/pu/vid/992x556/ssvWfs4354kT64fE.mp4
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1154009865741729792/pu/vid/992x556/lkk-Bt2xDlme0bWa.mp4
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1154010208311508992/pu/vid/992x556/euykHMVUvMuq4cM8.mp4
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1154034307129675779/pu/vid/992x560/sa0b-97mmrxOsE2b.mp4
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1154035150637846529/pu/vid/992x560/AFpEqe4_to5IHCf5.mp4

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1154010252192280579/pu/vid/1280x720/06PjIw52RK8mPK0l.mp4
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1154010276074684416/pu/vid/1280x720/xKN9KdbPaOiB0oGx.mp4

https://twitter.com/milannnn47sub5/status/1154012564029759493
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1154011757020454912/pu/vid/1280x720/Sv6aCYCea9wSq8UW.mp4

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    What's your favorite Japanese 48 or 46 group?

http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/whats-your-favorite-japanese-48-46-group.23006/

Two years ago, I made the same thread and Keyaki (92 votes) got the most votes followed by Nogi (69 votes, 1 vote higher than AKB). However, a lot has happened the past two years and we now have more groups. So if asked the same question, will Keyaki still be the favorite group of more stage 48 members? Or with the formation of Hinatazaka, will Keyaki lose a significant amount of votes?

I intended to include Izone but I reached the limit for number of options with just the Japanese groups. I can't even include the international sister groups. Thus I changed the question to just Japanese groups.

Please cast your vote :) Thank you.

19. Zuu Ryuzuma 48

Zuu Ryuzuma 48 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui
    • Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    No Shitao Miu in either of the Senbatsu. Jeez, did AKS catch her talking to a Korean company or something?

• Creative Creative x 2