1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kawamura Mahiro (Rottii) / 1st Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Graduated Members' started by ~~kumako~~, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Jumps_Zilla

Jumps_Zilla Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    <3 Nishino Nanase <3
    Happy birthday, Rotti!

2. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

Happy Birthday sweetie! :mail:

3. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

A bit unrelated, but her group or maybe former group released the teaser today

if the video does not show watch the video here

4. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

No Rotti updates, but I notice her giving likes to all Z-POP related stuff on IG. I wonder if she is ordered by Zenith to do this. I know of a matter of fact, Kpop idols are forced to do this sometimes.

5. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Or she just likes her group.

6. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

Z-Girls with Z-Boys will have their first korean showcase on Thursday

[​IMG]
    Wished Mahiro was there. Even if ZPOP isn't gaining any big recognition, PR is still PR. I heard also rumors about them appearing on Arirang Simply K-POP.

Btw, here is Z-Girls comeback song that came out two weeks ago.

I'll guess we'll find out of she's still a part of the group or not in their next comeback.

7. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

• Like Like x 2
  8. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  9. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

Her group(?)just had their first korean Showcase stage. I found a interesting article:
    [​IMG]
    Although their style and choreography scream K-pop - think glittery makeup, colorful hair and synchronized dance moves - there’s something remarkably different about groups Z-Girls and Z-Boys. They are based in Seoul, but the groups are made up entirely of non-Koreans and only sing songs in English.

Collectively called the “Z-Pop Dream Project,” the two groups are the brainchild of entertainment producers from Korea and across the region hoping to create the next superstars of Asia.

“I’ve gone overseas to hold K-pop concerts countless times over the years, but I found that there were aspects about K-pop that my global partners were tired of,” said “Z-Pop Dream Project” co-founder Jun Kang at a press showcase also attended by Z-Girls and Z-Boys held in Gangnam District, southern Seoul, on Thursday. Kang serves as CEO of Zenith Media Contents, an entertainment company, and claims to be an industry veteran with experience at SM Entertainment, Korea’s largest management agency.

“We worked with professionals in the K-pop industry and discovered stars all across Asia. Our goal was to create a K-pop project based on cultural exchanges with many countries,” said Kang.

Z-Boys and Z-Girls each include seven members hailing from different regions: the Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand, India, Taiwan and Japan. All of them were born in or after 1995, making them part of Generation Z, the demographic the project is targeting.

The two groups officially debuted this February when they held their first concert “Z-POP Dream Live” at Jamsil Stadium in southern Seoul, upon releasing their first joint single “Z-POP DREAM.”

Since their debut, the groups have amassed a considerable fan base through multiple TV and press appearances throughout Asia. Ahead of their Seoul showcase, the groups met up with fans and reporters in Indonesia, Vietnam and the Philippines and performed during the semifinal round of “The Voice Indonesia.” The YouTube video of that performance has garnered over 1 million views, and the official music videos of their tracks “Holla Holla” and “Streets of Gold,” released last week, have 1.7 million and 2.4 million views, respectively.

Creating a completely multicultural K-pop group wasn’t easy, Kang admitted.

“There are many aspects that we lack compared to [other] K-pop [acts], and we faced a lot of language barriers in training and creating the group.”

Although many of the members speak considerable Korean - Z-Girls’ Taiwanese member Joanne and Indian member Priyanka answered reporters’ questions in near-fluent Korean - the challenges continue. Ironically, it’s Korea where the group faces some of its biggest barriers.

“We really want to appear on Korean TV music programs, but the barriers for entry are too high,” Kang lamented. “I’ve been working in the industry for 30 years and have many connections, but music shows tell us that they want K-pop and Korean songs and that our groups don’t fit in.”

“I disagree with what they say,” Kang continued. “If in other countries, television shows broadcast people of diverse cultures, why must we sing only Korean songs here?”

If the members felt stressed about the challenges they face, they certainly didn’t show it during the showcase on Thursday, their first for Korean press. On Thursday, both Z-Girls and Z-Boys were all smiles, enthusiastically performing tracks from their new single and talking about their favorite K-pop stars like U-Know Yunho from TVXQ and Taeyeon from Girls’ Generation.

The producers have even greater ambitions for the future. They are already planning to form multicultural boy and girl groups every year, expanding the range of regions the members represent. Also, they plan to use an Ethereum-based digital coin to facilitate purchases like concert tickets and merchandise.

“Z-pop started with the goal of giving hope and dreams to young audiences,” Kang said. “We tell the members in our groups that they are representatives of their country and that they can return to their homes and teach younger generations the techniques they learned from Korea.”

http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/Article.aspx?aid=3066593

Couple months ago, their CEO said this was not KPOP but a new genre. This comment here ''Creating a completely multicultural K-pop group wasn’t easy, Kang admitted'' goes against everything he said when this project was announced. Now they are a KPOP group? Another I notice, he didn't mentioned anything about the status of Rotti. This increases my belief that she is out and the hiatus thing is just a stunt from Zenith.

10. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    I am looking for a white-paper on their ZPOP coin. Does anyone know if this is available somewhere? I don't mean the whitepaper of the project itself, but a technical description of the currency.

11. horgunija

horgunija Kenkyuusei

Hmmm. Using criptocurrency to purchase Concert ticket will only make it harder for people. And will probably reduce demand. I am very concerned with their business strategy. If it's going to continue like this maybe their boy and girl group will have to disband

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

12. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

Same here too. Their whole financial system is very secrecy.

Well, then Rotti is better off. AllKPOP had an article about them not allowed to promote on korean music shows and the comments are...Let's say that many Kpop stans don't like them.

13. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

Quiet from Rotti lately... :(

A Kpop stans made a long opinion video about Z-POP. If you're just interested in hearing about Rotti's absent, watch from 5:38

14. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

• Like Like x 1
  15. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

Can Zenith let her go now? I feel as long she's still part of Z-POP, her options to get new oppertunities are limited.

16. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    I agree. I hope Nogi LLC is taking her back. Or let her go freelance like Kawago.

17. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

I visited Zenith Media Contents official site and Rotti wasn't listed as a member of Z-Girls. I mean, even if she's in hiatus, she is still a member of Z-Girls and not having her profile there is very suspicious. This strengthen my belief she is out, but the company is trying to hide her exit because of not wanting bad PR. http://zmcie.com/zgirls
    Zenith.jpg Zenith1.jpg Zenith2.jpg Zenith3.jpg

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  18. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    But how can they hide her exit? I mean, do they really think no one is going to notice?

19. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

By saying she's still on hiatus. Many Kpop agencies does this :hmm:

20. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    What I meant was, how do they think that'll work? You are doubting for a while now, and you probably aren't the only one. So I wonder why such agencies think of this as a good solution.