1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The MNL48 Thread

Discussion in 'General MNL48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 11, 2018.

1. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

After Plan C got out of the picture, you can't expect the same but would be nice for something along their standards or perhaps even better.

still very nice looking MV, me like it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Yup usually for their mall shows they only send 8 girls to perform. Sometimes just 5 like in Igai ni Mango promotions. The blockings were probably a mess because they haven't practiced the 8 member formation that much.

I think just like for last single, the B-side that gets the MV won't be performed in mall shows, since that song will have its own promotion cycle.

3. chimew9

chimew9 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Just watched the new MV.
    There’s still some improvements that I want to point out but at least the MV quality hasn’t gone back to the Fortune Cookie days lol.

If there’s one thing that I find really off (and comedic) is the extreme facial zooming at the chorus lol. The first part of the song was just right. Like in Sheki and Jamie’s part, the zooming should have stayed in that distance.

The audio has improved so much! I hope they stick to that from now on.

Aly is such a kawaii center. I just wish she emphasised opening her mouth in some part and a bit more energy so I can feel that she’s actually singing (eg Sheki, Jamie, Abby and Ash’s they’ve done really well)

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. robinrider

robinrider Kenkyuusei

Extreme facial zooming? Must be influenced by Filipino TV Series like Probinsyano and Kadenang Ginto. lol

5. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura

*monkey Eye Rolls in visually challenged Sharp Shooter*

I heard that the Girls deliberately screwed up their Eating scenes in Kimi Wa Melody PH. Cuz free food!

CLEAN FISHBALLS! THOSE BASTARDS?!?!?! WHO? HOW!?!?! WHY!!??!?!?!

6. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

Some food businesses are now bringing and selling street foods to the malls without the sanitation worries. You can also actually buy clean packed fishballs at most groceries and supermarkets.

..and where most of the girls are from, I'm sure it's normal for them even if they got the actual streetfood. It's part of the culture.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  7. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    They got sponsored by Eggspert (it's in the credits), which is a food stall located in malls selling street foods especially quail eggs. During the shoot, they haven't eaten lunch yet so the girls ate the food instead of pausing after the camera has panned to the next group.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. onego123

onego123 Member

I saw someone on Twitter say that MNL's costumes may have been inspired by barong, now the more I look at it the more I see it.
    EAlD02sU4AE6PDO.jpg Coat%20Barong_item_1300med.jpg White-barong-tagalog-item-1530sm.jpg

9. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Yup the embroidered details show when the photo isn't overexposed or they're not posing in front of a white background. I just wish they still have time to change the cover art of the single to at least have the colorful background that they used in their cover photo for their facebook page. It looks better that way instead of the white one.

BTW for international fans that want their CDs and goods hit me up here: https://twitter.com/AirMnlove

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  10. AlexWulf

AlexWulf Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    • Like Like x 2
  11. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

Abby today in Shanghai for the AKB48 Group AsiaFes 2019 Press Conference representing MNL48

if the video does not show watch the video here

..and little dance numbers with all group representatives.

Full AsiaFes 2019 Press Conference Coverage uploaded by MNL48 Video Collection

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  12. tadase

tadase Kenkyuusei

13. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    News Flash!!!

received_379887836062540.jpeg

And also!!
    Screenshot_20190801-170632.jpg

P.S.
    The 2nd pic was too large in file size so I had to screenshot it

Anyways, ticket pre-order is now available

14. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

Nice. It looks like this is the surprise they are talking about except Coslandia needs to announce and release this now or perhaps besides this one there's still the 500K goal reached IAM MV surprise, if they are still pushing for that..

15. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    So the 5th single IS the theme for Coslandia 2019, huh? Interesting.

Wonder what it could be? Hebirote? A newer song? An original song? With this hype, I'm not really sure lol

16. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

We Are MNL48 Video

Outstanding. I noticed some parts were used during the AsiaFes 2019 Press Conference when introducing the 8 Members.

17. AiBan

AiBan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Sooo Gabb and Dana are showing red flags. Any idea what's happening with Gabb and Dana?

18. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    What do you mean? In terms of what?

19. AiBan

AiBan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Potential grad announcement?

IMG_20190802_055842.jpg IMG_20190802_055858.jpg

20. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

While that was happening, some fans criticized Kyla on twitter/socmedia and made her apologize for a homophobic remark or reaction on the last Interactive Live episode (Ep. 60).

UPDATE: That is now a false alarm as reported later today.