1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio AKBINGO! (2008/10/01 - 2019/09/24)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by makistar, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    The first kneejerk reaction would be to blame NGT, but I don't think that's it this time. I understand Sousenkyo, but not AKBINGO. I agree this is a business decision of other sort. I'd say it's a bad decision, but my personal feelings for the show don't take into account other factors that are irrelevant to our feelings ;;; I just hope it's not a bad decision. It's not good, but I hope it doesn't harm either...

I'd imagine Berin was aware that something was up. As a Team Captain and thus someone with some importance in the group she could have been informed beforehand as well. Or maybe the shock was too big. I don't know, it's just a guess.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    The theater that is notoriously hard to win, especially for non-kenkyuusei shows. Many Japanese fans, despite paying for all the expensive fanclubs, only get to see a couple of shows per year if lucky.

• Like Like x 1
  3. skiesstraydog

skiesstraydog Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sato Shiori
    hmm . i'm only rmb kuro just that butt ep and what in the box that he lick akimoto'hand.
    okada ijirii or that sub mc when it 0.59 1.59 bingo who hug love-tan (cant rmb his name) must be bigger part [hehe][hehe]

• Like Like x 1
  4. SunSica

SunSica Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikomarina
    I'm guessing AKS/NTV finally realized that AKBingo isn't "Sustainable" any more. Eh? eh? ...:^^;:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    #I can say that I grew up at AKBINGO,
    I had a lot of experience.

A place that allowed me to grow.
    A place where fans have found me.

I cannot thank you enough

I've bolded that sentence in the translation by @Lusankya because it's very much due to AKBINGO that I discovered my current group kami-oshi. When I first got into AKB48 fandom at the start of 2015 I quickly learnt who the regular senbatsu members were but most of the faces and names on the Wiki were complete mysteries to me. However I soon started watching the show each week and I quickly discovered and fell in love with Komi, followed by others such as Tanochan who also became one of my top favourite members.

More recently thanks to the show I've discovered many other members and in particular Hamachan and Kururun who I met at HS back in April and I doubt that I would have bought tickets for them if it hadn't been for them appearing in AKBINGO. I hope that there will be some sort of replacement show so I can regularly see lesser-known members and get to know new gen. In the meantime maybe now I'll start to watch Nemousu TV much more regularly than I've done before, but I'll definitely miss AKBINGO and the weekly subtitles from @Lusankya. My Thursday evenings will no longer be as enjoyable as they are now. :(

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    With that much of a reaction, if this ended up as a dokkiri, its going to be awesome to see

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Nighthawk141

Nighthawk141 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    Twitter:
    mraiman_
    It seems that all good things must come to an end

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Lusankya

Lusankya Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    • Creative Creative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. MondyofAus

MondyofAus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteam8
    It also could be something as simple as the producer being fed up and wanting something fresh to work on, and would you really want to watch BINGO produced a different way?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fezel

Fezel Kenkyuusei

What do you mean different way ? No more variety shows and talk shows ?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  11. MondyofAus

MondyofAus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteam8
    Well not necessarily but Mori-san IS AKBINGO. Every great idea that show has had has come out of his head. I really wouldn't trust the job to anyone else to be honest.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    I really hope they come out with atleast a new show or even a mini show or something.

I got into akb bc of this show and seeing it be finished is so heart breaking. I preferred NMB variety but AKBINGO always had a special charm to it.

Whatever happens let’s just try to find another show to watch. I need to catch up on nemousu

• Like Like x 1
  13. lilwisper

lilwisper Kenkyuusei

For sure it's a business decision. However I thought that I read that the ratings got a bit better and that they had a new sponsor or two? Probably not enough to carry over. It's too bad that they can't just start showing new episodes on HULU or such. It would actually give me a chance to pay for new episodes.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fezel

Fezel Kenkyuusei

Same director would be really good because we still can get a good shows but if the director different i hope they still gonna make an entertaining shows

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lusankya

Lusankya Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    I can only really think of a couple of things that might end the show (in its current form).

- First and most likely one is money. If the show is not profitable anymore (e.g. they spend more money on it than in return they get by sponsors, selling ad slots for the show and the potential return from people turned into fans by watching the show) then from a business point of view it makes sense to stop it. If this is the case then I hope that we at least get some kind of "cheaper" replacement, like a weekly Youtube show with smaller set and staff.

- Second is your reason that the main creative head behind the show is tired of it and they don't think they can replace him or think Bingo without him is not Bingo anymore and stop the show (under this name) out of respect. In this case they could easily do a show with a similiar budget and new directors, like a rebranding.

- Political pressure due to the NGT incident seems unlikely imho, but who knows...

• Like Like x 1
  16. lilwisper

lilwisper Kenkyuusei

It's just amazing to me that the 3 major pillars of non music media for AKB has fallen in the same year, heck months apart even.

• Like Like x 1
  17. budhi.waspodho

budhi.waspodho Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murayamayuiri
    I want to read the comment from Bad Boys. How do they feel about the end of AKBINGO.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Probably said by others ... but AKBingo was *the* medium where lesser known girls had the opportunity to grow and get noticed

If not for AKBingo, Miichan would for me be just another of the 100+ members instead of my oshi
    It gave you the opportunity to learn more about individual members, I mean the ones that didn't get some major push (and yeah, of course being selected for it was a kind of push in itself)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Orangerafi

Orangerafi Member

Oshimen:
    SeichanKomiharuMiionMacharin
    Oh that was surprising. I didn't expect that AKBINGO! will end so sudden. This one of the shows that that got me into AKB and also the show that made me get familiar with newer members.

• Like Like x 2
  20. ysa73

ysa73 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Rissen Airi
    you watch team 8 shows?:approve:

miichan has every reason to be included in the last episode, please do, really. kashiwagi, too. and myao... wow we witnessed their juvenile...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1