1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Yahagi Moeka (Moechan) / Draft 3rd Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Hugglepuff, Jan 22, 2018.

1. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

Being in the center is a lot responsibility, it is the place where all eyes observe and that will receive all hate attacks.

2. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

The words "hate" and "haters" are vastly over-used, too many people seem to classify criticism as hate.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I don’t remember Yuiyui getting lots of hate when she first centered an AKB48 single. She was roughly the same age, but had already centered a number of B sides. A quick count shows 5 A sides and 15 B sides, 4 as center, before Teacher Teacher.

I think experience matters.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Moeka did center 2 songs before Sustainable. Saikyou Twintail in No Way Man single, and Okujo Kara Sakebu in Jiwaru Days, this was a unit and it didn't have a music video but they performed it live, she is the center. It's a nice song btw and the live is very cute too:

if the video does not show watch the video here

But yes she still has much less experience (and less time in the group) compared to Yuiyui when she got her a-side center. But tbh I feel that management knows about her flaws and decided to still put her as center, so they probably think it can be her charm to still look very "new", like yes she has flaws but it feels fresh and just different? and like I said maybe it's like they make a different storyline for her. and the whole point will be to see her improve which will work well hopefully. I know I'm interested in seeing that and I personally find her clumsy side endearing and fresh. but I look forward to see her get better too :chuffed:

• Like Like x 5
  5. naruse

naruse Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    naruse48
    This is why I hate engaging in any topics trying to defend decision x, y, or z. It's a perpetual cycle of complaint unless the one people deem worthy to them is picked. People can always find reasons not to support something (humans decide and then rationalize decisions after the fact) and to be honest what's the worth of those people's acceptance anyway? The glass half empty mentality really is a killer. On the other hand though this is not half nearly as bad as Atsuko / Jurina back in the days :lol:

That being said, her mobame quality definitely dropped too around the same time all this started happening. For one reason or another she's unable to participate in theater ( Parents? School? Who knows) but if you look at Yukina their parents seem pretty strict with a no compromise attitude. Yes Moeka actually goes to a pretty good HS and not one made for geinins just so they can satisfy education level for the general population. People who don't have mobame don't know all the shootings, interviews, recordings, etc she's been in with since earlier this year. If she's not at a job she's at lessons, and even on her birthday when her family all went to hotel to celebrate, there was some auditorium so she practiced there until 2-3 in the morning.

It's not like people can't see she still needs work, but performance is not the end all be all. Just look at where it got T8 Yoko (another fave I might add). Everyone has shortcomings but no one ever gives her credit for her singing. To me, the importance of center is leading the appearance on music shows and dancing it at acceptable level. Especially during talk segments, she's not afraid to speak up and say something stupid to attract attention.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  6. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    unfortunately she is made a center of a single, so there are more eyes watching her performance

7. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I mean I can't really think of a pushed member in AKB who did not get hate or got little hate. Maybe Yuko or Takamina who were like 2nd and 3rd most important in AKB back then but I think that it was because they were not THE pushed girl (in those times it was Acchan and Jurina and of course they got lots of hate as we know). If we take 48G as a whole, I can only think of Sayanee who never really got hate, it's probably because she was good at everything?

My point is that I totally expected criticism and hate against Moeka. I'm fine with it when it's criticism. I'm only answering to discussions if I feel that there's wrong info, false assumptions or when I feel like giving my point of view, but I know we won't convince anyone who dislikes Moeka to support her all of a sudden so yeah I just let it be LOL tbh she is getting hate and some really mean comments (in other sites) but I have to say I don't find it too bad overall because I also see a lot of people taking more interest in Moeka. So things are going normally imo

Btw random but I posted on the Sustainable thread some thoughts on what could be the reasons why Moeka has been absent from the theater, I share it here as well.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Kakureon

Kakureon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    dude, she literally has the 'bon kyu bon' body type. even her sister said that too.
    that's why i like her so much. lol

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Zuu Ryuzuma 48

Zuu Ryuzuma 48 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui
    36-24-36.. the most ideal.. :hehe:

10. tiktok

tiktok Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kakehashi Sayaka
    Her PB still hanging on Oricon weekly chart. Selling 1173 copies this week and ranked on 4th place.

[​IMG]

11. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    It's not very surprising with the promotion they are currently doing.
    I saw it advertised quite some times on hers and AKB's Twitter.

12. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Looking at the sales of other books there, I believe it might also be because there's no big releases, so Moeka still managed to rank. 1000+ copies in second week is pretty good considering she sold 6000 the first week, it didn't dissapear after. Rank #4 means she might rank again in next week and we can see an update! I think if she could pass 10k this would be a success in comparison to how current 48G sells in photobooks. Let's see!

Btw Sustainable music video was released and there is a making of too, I'm posting them here! I think Moeka did very well in the Mv, she looks very pretty and cute, I love her smile and she looks great in all close-up. There are many japanese comments praising her (calling her cute) from people who don't know her, they call her "center girl" LOL, I hope some of them will search about her and maybe become fans. the making of video has a message in the end where Moeka talked and she is just adorable >.<

(yes both videos have the same thumbnail, but the videos aren't the same [hehe])

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. naruse

naruse Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    naruse48
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I agree, the outfit is tight but she definitely is not fat, she actually looks really good in this LOL her body has good proportions, her stomach is not large at all. it was really just that one second video from a bad angle, she looks good in all other videos I saw of her with this outfit, she's very cute and pretty!

Some random videos...

Message from Moeka, Naachan, Yuiyui about 56th Single:

Short IG Story of Satopii and Moeka having fun together:

These were both taken on the same day (she has the same outfit) and that was during the handshake days that they had earlier this month. Speaking of this, I searched in Moeka's tag on the days of those handshake events, and I found a few reports back then, and I have to say Moeka is really nice! it was cool that she often started a discussion with the fans, like asking them about which movie they watched and other things, and the discussions seem fun and interesting. Btw I like the Moeka-Satopii pair, they seem close, I like them both and they're so cute together ^^/

• Like Like x 3
  15. naruse

naruse Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    naruse48
    Certainly one of the reasons I like going to her. Sometimes with other members I run out of things to say and we just sort of stand there in awkward silence. With Moeka I'm not really worried about that. I have to say though most members treat handshakes like a fashion exhibition, as many saw in bingo her handshake attire has been rather...dasai recently. Fits with her casual atmosphere I guess but personally would like it if she dressed up some...lol.

Also RE handshakes, where people are saying doom and gloom about her not selling out. She sold out all the Tokyo dates, and I believe one Nagoya slot. No other member has moved from extra bonus items (1s,2s) to sign card only like her in the same speed, so it's almost a given HS sales can't catchup and suffer, especially in places outside of Tokyo like Nagoya/Osaka. It's probably going to take 2-3 more singles until she gets to sell out state.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Sustainable covers are released! Here are the 3 covers with Moeka!
    + the 4th photo is from the group promo picture, I cropped it! ^-^

005.jpg 002.jpg 008.jpg 009.jpg

They went for a natural make-up (looks like almost no make-up tbh)
    Moeka said on Twitter today that she didn't wear any foundation here
    I think she looks really cute! <3 I want to buy her solo covers >.<

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Zuu Ryuzuma 48

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui
    Bangumi:
    190825 ミライモンスター (AKB48 矢作萌夏 横山由依) | Mirai Monster (AKB48 Yahagi Moeka, Yokoyama Yui) (2019-08-25)
    [​IMG]
    https://48idol.net/video/15507

• Like Like x 2
  18. tiktok

tiktok Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kakehashi Sayaka
    Her PB still there!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  19. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Congrats Moeka for ranking for a 3rd week and passing 8000+ sales! This is really nice! it would be good if we get one more update although I doubt we will. Overall 8100+ is a good number if looking at how AKB new gens sell photobooks (and Moeka is really a very NEW gen LOL) I think she did really well tbh.

Just now I was listening to her singing covers again and checking the japanese comments, these videos got a bit of attention and people discover Moeka. it's always nice to see positive things about Moeka (especially nowadays with all the negativity). Moeka truly deserves all the praises for her voice ;_;

Her cover of Hitomi is my favorite ;_; I went to check the original singer's Mv and performance and it's very good too, if some of you want to hear it. I can't wait for this year's singing competition and I hope Moeka shines again! Btw I'll try to upload these performances (with the actual videos, not just audio) on my Vimeo channel one of these days, I'll share them here ;D

• Like Like x 3
  20. Zuu Ryuzuma 48

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui
    Bangumi:
    190901 ミライモンスター (AKB48 矢作萌夏 横山由依) | Mirai Monster (AKB48 Yahagi Moeka, Yokoyama Yui) (2019-09-01)
    [​IMG]
    https://48idol.net/video/15589

• Like Like x 2