1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio AKBINGO! (2008/10/01 - 2019/09/24)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by makistar, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I just hope they do have some sort of substitute in mind. I feel nervous about the prospect that specifically AKB girls are losing ways to promote themselves even if they share with everyone while SG girls and eitos still have alternatives that cater exclusively to them. I hope AKBINGO's successor is announced in the last episode...

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    Let's face: it's over. Instead of asking for a replacement I'm just hoping that they don't cancel Nemousu too. It's time for AKS to spend all that money producing their own content or, at least, sell the damn thing like they did with other groups: guess what, it's working!

Funny how Toyota doesn't seem to give a damn.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Mana

Mana Under Girls

This is sad because AKB used to have so much content... and now we are left with only Nemousu. I hope we won't lose that too. AKB could still do shows that aren't regulars? Like shows of 10-12 episodes only. They could also make more shows online, and more on their Youtube channel too. Let's hope we get new content... for AKB's sake too, they really need shows to promote themselves.

I'm wondering if the AKBINGO! subbers here would want to sub other AKB shows? Maybe for Nemousu, it's rarely subbed... it would be really nice. Either way I appreciate all your efforts until now! I really hope we can all still have some shows to enjoy and discuss together (even though I didn't post here a lot but I read it sometimes) ;_;

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. StrayDogFreedom

StrayDogFreedom Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Manaka
    stop being the screen door in my submarine Lusankya!!! :tongue:

jk, it was a sad attempt to grasp at straws, you're probably right

But... we've still got 5 episodes to find possible hints of a trick in the midsts

• Like Like x 1
  5. lilwisper

lilwisper Kenkyuusei

I know many folks stopped watching after BadBoys left, but I really feel WRH were great successors. They were hitting a good stride that had many of the more quiet girls participating more.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. chaloner

chaloner Kenkyuusei

• Dislike Dislike x 11
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. ShaiHH

ShaiHH Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    AKB still has Nemousu, meanwhile HKT hasn't had anything on TV since HKTBingo ended.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Imperialdramon

Imperialdramon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Tanizaki Saya
    they still has 1 monthly varshow
    and the other SG who are not AKS (SKE, NMB, STU) still doing fine
    http://awabi.2ch.sc/test/read.cgi/akb/1566380043/2

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  9. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    I have to disagree. The best place to know a member. All members. Is the theater. I mean the LODs. Not everyone gets into the live shows.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I didn't say 'the best place to know a member', I said 'to get noticed'
    LOD is behind a paywall ... AKBingo however is being broadcasted and lots of clips are on youtube and other sites ... massive difference in exposure

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    The real best way to know a member is Showroom, now. But many members don't stream very often. BINGO was great for seeing a new face, getting interested, and then looking her up on SR.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. StrayDogFreedom

StrayDogFreedom Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Manaka
    I think I'm the only one who doesn't get Showroom. I mean, I'm sure it's cool for Japanese or Japanese speaking fans but since I don't speak it, it's kinda boring tbh.
    Honestly, I hate to be that guy but if AKBINGO goes, Which I refuse to believe, and they don't replace it with something as frequent if not more so, it's going to be difficult for me to stay as interested in the group.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Lusankya

Lusankya Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    AKBingo episode 555

Raw:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pupgXOespKpcySaVSEopZueZ1TIVp1fK/view
    Thanks to AKBingo Fans ID

Softsubs:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dwWkg8k8Zt8DPIhcbZBGO9LavAuvk-qf
    by GEES
    Timing: Lusankya

It's part two and the visual typesetting comes later. Episode is fun, until the end hits you, that is.

[​IMG]
    At least the announcers were happy.

--------------------------------------------------------

The "Rissen Awareness Corner" won't die just yet, so here is our fashion queen again:

[​IMG]

Let's pray she will be back for the final episode!

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Like Like x 5
  14. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    AKBINGO! had one problem. Let me ask this for the ones that don't know eitos very well: do you have any idea who these two are?

http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?...ke-roke-2016-12-09.16629/page-29#post-1621079

You see, for the last couple of years, AKBINGO! wasn't exactly a way to promote many young and/or unknown girls. Mouri created his own special group. From Team 8 you had Yuiyui and Berin every single time. Everyone else would go to the studio like once or twice in a year or two, and that includes not only the less popular eitos but also ones with great handshake sales. Only recently some of them became regulars, like Hama and now Rissen or Hattsu, but others vanished with time, like Odaeri. As for AKB4, it was always the same few girls too. I mean, Hiwatan used to be a regular, she walks away from AKB for months, and as soon as she comes back she's straight away a regular again while other AKB4s weren't even there once? What gives?

For those that saw AKBINGO! as their main source of knowledge (and Stage has a lot of them), they were actually being given the wrong idea about what AKB is currently, Mouri sold them his own "team". I liked Kurena, but she was so terrible at variety. And yet, she got that push because she was his oshimen, and when she graduated Mouri praised her as being an interesting variety character or something like that. Come on!

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Lusankya

Lusankya Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho

No one said the selection was perfect, but given the constraints I think they did quite a good job.
    The average number of members per episode is around 20 and we have over 100 AKB48 members, with the team 8 members kind of a special case. They are a normal part of AKB, but also have their own variety shows which AKB4 members have no access to. In addition some of them need to commute really far to get to Tokyo where they record the episodes (which I learned in some of the AKBingo Team 8 specials) , so they probably have a harder time to appear there.

Mouri probably wants to have some core members, who are popular and good at variety to carry the show and fill up the remaining slots with younger and more unknown members. If they only showed the most unpopular members, then the ratings would be even worse. So under these circumstances I think they did a good job in promoting a lot of members (not every single one) to new fans. And even if the girls only appeared a couple of times, they usually still had the chance to appeal so I checked them out in different shows. It's just me but before completing Bingo I knew maybe 10% of the members, and after watching all of it I knew probably close to 80% and only had to check out the KKS and some random Team 8 members.

Also Odaeri has 110 appearances (top 30 all time) including a 50% appearance rate this year, so no she's not vanishing. :p

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Gernnon

Gernnon Member

Oshimen:
    Cho Kurena
    @Duburin did a few. I will

but only for eitos :awesome:

Kurena is trash at variety [hehe] but it was good seeing her in every bingo episode :awesome:

Bingo got stale for me... I just can't put my finger on it but I find myself watching a batch of episodes every 2-3 weeks. Maybe I prefer outdoor stuff instead of being confined to a studio. Please make roke back to 2 weeks ChibaD

Also, Mouri is bias, period. Anyway thank you for all of your hardwork and GEEs too!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    You have girls that were there hundreds of times while others you can count on the fingers of your hands. And when you ask yourself if in most cases that made sense, it usually doesn't. Many of the regulars aren't even that good at variety. But what's worse is that being there doesn't even mean that much, because the amount of screentime that a few favourites had was way too absurd compared to the others, like they always had to do everything and being on every segment while others were just there smiling. Compare this to Bunbun Eito, which also had dozens every episode but everyone had their moment. It had the perfect balance.

How many times have you heard people asking "Where's Manaka?". Is she bad at variety and unpopular? I don't even remember Naamin being there. Do you think it's normal to see someone like Seichan crying to have just one chance?

I used to believe that and I always told everyone that that could justify why some weren't regular members. Ask the guys. "Nagi was called once in two years? Well, it's understandable since she's from Hokkaido and when she goes to Tokyo she has her own schedule and such". Until the day I saw eitos from prefectures as far as Hokkaido and with similar schedules being there quite often while she was at home doing nothing. That's when I knew it was nothing but bullshit. If they wanted them in the show they would be there.

When was the last time you saw her and/or doing anything relevant?

What I'm trying to say is that you don't need to see this as the end of the world because there are other ways of getting to know AKB's members. I memorized all eitos, their names, their personalities, their prefectures, with just 2-3 theatre performances and Wiki48 and I'm not even that smart. In fact, that's a much better way to know them than AKBINGO! @SunnyHighland, would you know Inagaki Kaori with AKBINGO!? I wouldn't either, but those 917 Team 4 performances helped me a lot. Before that she was only the girl with a broken skull to me. You can see those girls as much as you see Okada or Yuiri. It's too long and you don't want to see them perform the same songs hundreds of times? Then watch just the MC parts.
    A lot of people started to like Hama from AKBINGO! Hey, she's being doing more for a longer time on the Kansai show, you know that.

Fukui Fukui Fukuiiiiiiiiiii! Actually, the Fukui song is another example of how the staff gave the best scripts to their favourites. With a good script most of them do well.

EDIT: I've just remembered this. One of the best ways to see how biased Mouri is is his (damn!) own Twitter. Hundreds of AKB members, dozens that were in the show, but he only congratulated his favourites when they had their birthdays.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. ShaiHH

ShaiHH Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    • Like Like x 2
  19. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    Ahh, AKBINGO.

I remember binge-watching multiple episodes in a row once I discovered your and immediately fell in love with you, and the way you allowed AKB48 to shine, even the kenkyuusei. I loved the epic battles of Shojiki Shougi, the heartwarming Phrase Museum, the harrowing but enjoyable Muchaburi Dodgeball, the always entertaining Kyun Grand Prix, and many, many more. (Tarinai-kun, anyone?)

Without you many of us would not have our oshis or would not even know some of these amazing idols that are now part of our lives. And without you paving the way, there would be no Nogibingo, KeyaKake and others to follow the way you have paved.

If this is the end, then it has been a great ride. So long.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    Not an AKBINGO subber (though I helped sub some Setobingo episodes, if that counts) but I wouldn't mind subbing some interesting eps after I get a little less busy. Would need someone for timing and all that though since I can't be bothered with that part, and other translators to work together would be nice too. If anyone wants to do it, let me know.

As someone who can speak Japanese, I prefer variety over Showroom anyways. There are some members who can make SR interesting but most of the time it's when it's more than 1 member together, or doing something fun like karaoke. Just talking for hours can get a bit boring.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2