1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The STU48 Thread

Discussion in 'General STU48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Megumibex

Megumibex Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    I don't think so. If I was an idol and I saw how a member of a group connected to mine wasn't being protected by management, I would have to give some more thought whether I could trust my own management to protect me. Even if I still wanted to be an idol or in showbiz, I might consider leaving and trying to audition somewhere else instead, especially if I already had an established fanbase. Or I might just decide to focus on school and get a normal job.
    I don't imagine NGT could have been the only cause of someone's grad, but if they were already unsure about their future as an idol, it might have been the straw that broke the camel's back.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    That is you are assuming STU and NGT have same management?

I say the recent grads may have much more deeper relation to the issue with senbatsu selections and distribution of working opportunities

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Megumibex

Megumibex Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    I know they don't have the same management. But the two groups are still connected by the fact that they are part of the same franchise. Plus that allegedly all sister groups members were told not allowed to attend Maho's graduation, so seemed to be siding with the NGT management over her.
    I'm not saying STU's management is evil or doesn't have the safety of the girls at heart, just that the Maho case would probably be a very scary thing to watch unfold as an idol yourself and might make you reconsider whether you really want a career in this industry.
    And yeah, I agree with you about the lack of work opportunities for some members also being a factor, I never said NGT was the only possible reason, just that it might have influenced some decisions.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Do SG members had a good reason to attend though?

I think Maho case isn't unique as there are many cases in Japan that idols get assaulted (the most infamous Tomita Mayu case prior to Maho) so yeah being an idol was never easy to begin with and the girls probably all knew about that already. But the kicker here with STU is the constant delays and unfair job distribution which lasted for 2 years; not everyone was expecting that. Most girls are at their prime age and could've done lot more than just waiting on these 2 years. So I understand why some older members decided to graduate. Some I think they actually met their goal as an idol. But specifically to Ayuman, I think she once stated in her farewell SR that her reason to grad was because she thinks STU and her vision of idolling doesn't match up. So imo I really doubt to even credit NGT for our recent grads.

5. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    yes
    but Maho case was not primarily about the assault - you can get assaulted on the streets all the same and even AKB itself had worse. It was about the one month "delay", the crying SR, the forced apology, the whole feeling the management is leaving her behind and does not care about her, the press conference, the graduations, the Katomina instastory and many other things. All of this together created a big story (the assault itself would have made news for a few days at most:!:) which left bad taste in 90 % of 48G fans AND general public and I do not see why it would be any different for the girls themselves. I agree with @Megumibex there.

also there is obviously a connection with Hayakawa going to NGT (and being at the infamous press conference), although I'm not sure her actions were prominent enough that the girls would have taken notice of them
    experience show that the girls are not very honest in their graduation reasons and ambitions, but I guess at least for some of them it's the true reason - and that is where I feel the group (but not only STU) is not doing well enough to accommodate that. And at the very least the girls could start getting SNS accounts...

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    @nvmea I'm not gunna discuss further the Maho case cuz it's a beaten dead horse but I think it is fair to say in general the recent girls graduated because of their distaste of associating as an 48G member because of the Maho case rather than oh I don't feel protected by management so I call quits

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  7. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    No one posted this!?

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 4
  8. darlingmysugar

darlingmysugar Kenkyuusei

@marioworldakb I laughed so hard at this video, the delivery was quite dry but the jokes were great nonetheless :1st:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    He pretty much nailed 90% of STU. I always wanted to make a video like this

10. ABF48

ABF48 Member

finally manage to watch their theater show, now this is what i call new concept, cool!! will visit japan next year!! for sure gonna visit them!! anyone have tutorial to get the ticket??

11. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Interview:
    "STU48 Nana Okada & Chiho Ishida & Mitsuki Imamura & Yumiko Takino"

──First of all, the new single “I love you”, about half a year after the previous work, was released on July 31!

Takino: STU48 has completed a shipboard theater this spring and a new performance has begun. I thought it was time to work together as a member, so I'm happy to release a 3rd single at this time. What's more, this time, “Select All” lets you sing the title song together! So I would like to take this opportunity to grow STU48.

Okada: I was worried because the release of both the 1st single and 2nd single was postponed, but this time I was relieved because the song and MV were completed safely (laughs).

Ishida: Moreover, the space between 1st and 2nd has been vacant for about a year, but this time I'm happy to be able to release it in half a year!

Imamura: The lyrics of this “loved one” are very insane. That's why I think I should do my best so that I can express that kindness with a song.

── And as Takino said earlier, STU48 finally completed the shipboard theater “STU48” this spring! The performance has also started.

Takino: STU48's performance “GO! GO! Little SEABIRDS !!” is completely different from the performance of the AKB48 group. I would like people who don't know much about us to come and feel free to come.

Imamura: I'm rocking because I'm doing a performance on board. Listening to the fans, you can see that the members on the stage are swaying in response to the shaking of the ship theater.

Okada: Even when everyone was standing in a line and standing, everyone was swaying and shaking, "Like Wakame" (laughs). That is also a highlight![continues for five pages]

Screen Shot 2019-08-17 at 3.33.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-17 at 3.42.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-17 at 3.43.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-17 at 3.43.31 PM.png

https://entamenext.com/articles/detail/2711

• Like Like x 3
  12. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Some footage of the boat docking in Shimonoseki harbor (Yamaguchi)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Haruka Suzuki

Haruka Suzuki Member

Oshimen:
    Isogai Kanon
    • Like Like x 6
  14. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    She's one of my absolute favourites, so this news pretty much made my day.

16. LarcKen

LarcKen Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Taguchi Manaka
    Hinachan, Maiha, Marina, and Yumirin for first Yamaguchi stage with the ship:D

Hinachan, Kouko, and Yumirin on Yamaguchi 24 hour tv.
    Yumirin doing great as a saxophone instructor :cool:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  17. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    STU48 was supposed to perform at the Otodama Sea Studio on 21 September 2019. Unfortunately, earlier this Monday (9 September), Typhoon Faxai hit the Tokyo area, and the Otodama Sea Studio fell victim to the typhoon. The very strong winds of the typhoon (hurricane/tropical cyclone) destroyed the Otodama Sea Studio, and as a result all remaining performances - including STU48 - have been cancelled. :cry2:

https://twitter.com/KIMAKUREI/status/1170899904031416320
    https://twitter.com/KIMAKUREI/status/1171332851587014656
    https://twitter.com/OTODAMA_OTODAMA/status/1171332976426143749
    https://twitter.com/OTODAMA_OTODAMA/status/1171333047586701312

We wish the Otodama staff well in their rebuilding efforts; hopefully the new Otodama stage for 2020 will be able to withstand stronger typhoons, if it ever hits one. It's disappointing nonetheless these remaining performances at Otodama for the 2019 season - including STU48 - had to be cancelled as a result of the typhoon destruction of Otodama. :cry2:

• Like Like x 1
  18. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    All good as long as the boat is safe. Any stage can be rebuilt soon.

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  20. asakuraikun

asakuraikun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Inori / Ten / Tamami
    These girls are really fast. Cheers for STU48, my favorite 48G right now.